Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

"City with Worst Team Spirit" Award

whotex8

Noob
If there were a "Worst Team Spirit City" Award, Houston would win it hands down! In all sports categories but especially football (maybe that’s why the Oilers left Houston). I am ashamed at how this city lacks support for its teams when they are not winning. I have lived in Houston for 28 years and consider myself a Houstonian and die hard Texans fan. I support Astros, Rockets, Comets, Texans, etc. But since this is about football, I will get to it.
I have had season tickets (4 PSL) for 3 years now and visit the Texans Message board frequently, but don’t post very often. I am deeply ashamed at what I continuously read on our message board, especially about David Carr. (No David Carr posts needed…we have all read them…negative and positive…we are all quite clear on this). I have visited other NFL boards and the biggest difference from their boards and ours is the noticeable lack of negative/bashing postings from their fans about their team and QB compared to our boards and team (regardless of their performance). This is about Team Spirit.
In my observation, I have concluded that most Houston sport fans are “band wagon riders”. They support our teams when they are hot, but trash them when they are not. The things I have read on this message board are reminiscent of old high school slam books.
I hope that our athletes don’t read the boards because it is a HUGE embarrassment. We live in a free speech society and even visiting teams fans can post on our boards, but the worst postings seem to come from within our own fan base. That's "Just Wrong". Even other team fans have commented on how we don’t support our own team. It was the same way about the Oilers (albeit without message boards).
All the smack that I have seen, read, and heard about David Carr from “supposed fans” just breaks my heart…..mostly because I know that this is a team sport and it is not all his fault, but it breaks my heart even more to know that everyone else reads and sees the lack of support for this team, David Carr, and our other athletes in general. Most of the posters have the mentality of a “slam book” poster. The thread about “value of our Carr” was so juvenile and a huge embarrassment to this team, city, and True Fans.
Houston athletes never get the national recognition and awards that they so deserve, in any sport….maybe if there was more city support from fans, it would catch on nationally as well. How can the rest of the country support our athletes when we don’t!
I know this post was long, but I don’t regret posting it because I feel that it needs to be said. Let’s ALL support our Texans team and David Carr on Sunday against the TITANS and vy, and in all other games. It’s time to check the negative attitude at the door and support our Texans team, DAVID CARR and all!
Go Texans and David Carr…..beat the Titans and I stand beside you all the way.:gotexans1

I would have to agree with this post in whole. Fair enough, I live in Australia, never been to the USA but thought I would like to support the Texans. I don't get to see many games over here and used to spend a lot of time on these boards catching the news.

That time looking at these boards has dropped off 80% in the last few months, not because of the results but because of the crap written here by some people. There are of course people that I think are genuine and care about the team, there are a lot more that seem very negative and perhaps have the wrong agenda!!

I am amazed that a team is treated so poorly, I would have expected to see this in England and would think that I would never see this sort of thing in Australia. I did not think I would see it with an NFL team.....

Good luck to the Texans, especially DC and the O line....The defence are going great guns so I am sure they will keep there end up.

I have been living in Houston since 1975 and I consider my self Houstonian. During my 30+ years, I have supported every Houston franchise and been to many games every year but historically speaking Houston has always been a tough market for all sports teams Texans, Rockets, Astros, Cougars, etc., People demands winner in this city in order for them to attend the game.

Don't ask me as to why but this is how it’s always been historically. When Rockets were winning then all the tickets were sold out months or year in advance, same can be said of Oilers during LUV YA BLUE days and letter in the mid 80's. The last few years Rockets have struggled to sale tickets mainly because they were not winning consistently. People in this city have never supported a bad product (historically speaking).

In cities like NY, Boston, Chicago, Philadelphia, etc., people are very demanding of their team and media plays a huge role in how they report news but in Houston it has never been that way. We rarely get unbiased reporting from our media in general. At least that’s how it’s been with Chronicle. Reporting was far better during Houston Post era.

I believe these forums are a way for fans to express their view about their favorite players or the team or the management. We all want Houston franchises to win and do well but this is the only media left for people to express to their view and hope that the team and management take notice because obviously Houston Chronicle doesn’t do that for us. We do this not because we hate the team or the players but because we love them and want them to succeed.

I agree with that....I worked for the Post for a year in late 70's....we need another Major Paper in Houston.

I never knew if reporting factual information about Texans such “ALL THE BLOWN DRAFT PICKS” or “BAD PERSONNEL MOVE BY CASSERLY OVER THE YEARS” or "BAD PLAY CALLING" or if a player is playing well below his expectation is considered a bad thing.

What’s wrong with a fan if he/she demands that their team play hard and put more effort every Sunday?

If some one complains that they don't get to see this stuff on other forum then they need to check Chicago, Atlanta, NY fan forum. At least fans on this site are civilized and knowledgeable about the game.

I agree that Houston is one of the worst cities in regards to "negativity towards their team" but that is not a reflection of the worst sports city. Houston is a great city in regards to support for its teams, unfortunately with the Texans there has been very little winning or other positives for the city to rally behind. The fact that the people get upset when our team loses shows me that there is passion. I moved to Los Angeles about 4 years ago and believe that this is a much worse sports town, most of the people here don't care about it's teams unless they are winning. LA was given a golden oppurtunity to get the last NFL expansion franchise and didn't care enough to take it (lucky for Houston).

Once the Texans start winning all the passion houstonians have will be focused on the positives and will gain more and more momentum. The fans in Houston are alot like their team, we need to change this losing mentality and learn how to win.

If there were a Worst Team Spirit City Award, Houston would win it hands down! In all sports categories but especially football (maybe that’s why the Oilers left Houston). I am ashamed at how this city lacks support for its teams when they are not winning. I have lived in Houston for 28 years and consider myself a Houstonian and die hard Texans fan. I support Astros, Rockets, Comets, Texans, etc. But since this is about football, I will get to it.
I have had season tickets (4 PSL) for 3 years now and visit the Texans Message board frequently, but don’t post very often. I am deeply ashamed at what I continuously read on our message board, especially about David Carr. (No David Carr posts needed…we have all read them…negative and positive…we are all quite clear on this). I have visited other NFL boards and the biggest difference from their boards and ours is the noticeable lack of negative/bashing postings from their fans about their team and QB compared to our boards and team (regardless of their performance). This is about Team Spirit.
In my observation, I have concluded that most Houston sport fans are “band wagon riders”. They support our teams when they are hot, but trash them when they are not. The things I have read on this message board are reminiscent of old high school slam books.
I hope that our athletes don’t read the boards because it is a HUGE embarrassment. We live in a free speech society and even visiting teams fans can post on our boards, but the worst postings seem to come from within our own fan base. That's "Just Wrong". Even other team fans have commented on how we don’t support our own team. It was the same way about the Oilers (albeit without message boards).
All the smack that I have seen, read, and heard about David Carr from “supposed fans” just breaks my heart…..mostly because I know that this is a team sport and it is not all his fault, but it breaks my heart even more to know that everyone else reads and sees the lack of support for this team, David Carr, and our other athletes in general. Most of the posters have the mentality of a “slam book” poster. The thread about “value of our Carr” was so juvenile and a huge embarrassment to this team, city, and True Fans.
Houston athletes never get the national recognition and awards that they so deserve, in any sport….maybe if there was more city support from fans, it would catch on nationally as well. How can the rest of the country support our athletes when we don’t!
I know this post was long, but I don’t regret posting it because I feel that it needs to be said. Let’s ALL support our Texans team and David Carr on Sunday against the TITANS and vy, and in all other games. It’s time to check the negative attitude at the door and support our Texans team, DAVID CARR and all!
Go Texans and David Carr…..beat the Titans and I stand beside you all the way.:gotexans1

For one you bashing the so called "band wagon fans" is just as bad as what your criticizing here. In all honesty i think your a moron. Sorry, but its ok for a "real fan" to criticize and sometimes get frustrated leaving such posts. Most the time i couldnt agree more, half of our team is absolutely horrid and this place is where we can get our frustrations out. Dont accuse anyone of not being a fan because they write posts described in your post. If we werent fans would we be here in the first place would we be driving to the sports bars every sunday at 9 am. Would we really care. Your wrong sir and just like you have every right to criticize and attack the "fans" that post here i have the right to tell you to shut your self rightous ( not sure of the speeling there but whatever) ass up, and go hate on someone else. Oh and just feel lucky that you have the priveledge of going to those games with those psl's im here in Cali and i was BORN and RAISED HOUSTONIAN

I agree that Houston is one of the worst cities in regards to "negativity towards their team" but that is not a reflection of the worst sports city. Houston is a great city in regards to support for its teams, unfortunately with the Texans there has been very little winning or other positives for the city to rally behind. The fact that the people get upset when our team loses shows me that there is passion. I moved to Los Angeles about 4 years ago and believe that this is a much worse sports town, most of the people here don't care about it's teams unless they are winning. LA was given a golden oppurtunity to get the last NFL expansion franchise and didn't care enough to take it (lucky for Houston).

Once the Texans start winning all the passion houstonians have will be focused on the positives and will gain more and more momentum. The fans in Houston are alot like their team, we need to change this losing mentality and learn how to win.

I couldn't have said it any better.

Exactly my point. But if we had a more positive and supportive attitude towards our team, that would help as well. Don't you think that cheering gives them momentum? If posting something like this generates positive support for our team, then great. But why should it take that. I didn't post this as a negative towards our team or the fans. There is plenty of negative stuff posted about them and that is what pisses me off.

Exactly my point. But if we had a more positive and supportive attitude towards our team, that would help as well. Don't you think that cheering gives them momentum? If posting something like this generates positive support for our team, then great. But why should it take that. I didn't post this as a negative towards our team or the fans. There is plenty of negative stuff posted about them and that is what pisses me off.

Sad but true.

I see your point, whotex - and not being from Houston myself, this is just an outsider's viewpoint - but I think it's natural the world over for sports fans to bemoan the sorry state of their team when they're not performing. And I think it does show passion for your team that you get furstrated when they're not playing well. And if there's a player on your team who you think is screwing things up and losing games then why not say so?

Having said that though, I agree with you that some of the posts on these boards are downright disloyal. It's one thing to point out flaws and speculate on how to improve them, but it's another to attack your team just because they didn't win - or to disavow them completely just because they're not doing well. Anybody who would abandon their team because they're not winning doesn't get to call themselves a fan. There's a football team in England called Manchester City who got bumped down 2 divisions (kinda like the Texans being demoted to playing minor college teams) and every week they still sold out the stadium. That's real fans right there.

As for which cities displaying meagre fan spirit, what about Philly? Plenty of passion but I've never seen a group of fans turn on their team like that when they're not winning. The way they treated Jeff Garcia last week was disgusting.

On an international note, my "City with Worst Team Spirit" vote goes to Milan, Italy. In the 90's AC Milan's 'fans' boycotted their home games because the team hadn't won the league title for a few years and even descended to throwing fireworks and fruit at their own players during certain games.

On an international note, my "City with Worst Team Spirit" vote goes to Milan, Italy. In the 90's AC Milan's 'fans' boycotted their home games because the team hadn't won the league title for a few years and even descended to throwing fireworks and fruit at their own players during certain games.

Sure that wasn't Cleveland?

As for which cities displaying meagre fan spirit, what about Philly? Plenty of passion but I've never seen a group of fans turn on their team like that when they're not winning. The way they treated Jeff Garcia last week was disgusting.

Actually I think that the Philly fans were booing the refs for not calling roughing the passer on that hit Garcia took. I think they replayed the hit on the scoreboard screen in the stadium and it showed Garcia getting laid out, and since the refs have been really really strict on the roughing the passer calls, the Philly fans thought it should've been called for that hit. I think that was the explanation for it anyway. I could be wrong.

Yeah, a few of my friends in other cities cant believe how pathetic some act down here. Houston and Atlanta have got to be the worst fans

Actually I think that the Philly fans were booing the refs for not calling roughing the passer on that hit Garcia took. I think they replayed the hit on the scoreboard screen in the stadium and it showed Garcia getting laid out, and since the refs have been really really strict on the roughing the passer calls, the Philly fans thought it should've been called for that hit. I think that was the explanation for it anyway. I could be wrong.

I think you might be right on that call, but they were on him through the whole game. He played a pretty good one overall, but every bad throw was heckled and AJ Feeley was cheered every time he got on the screen. I mean AJ Feeley? What? I just thought they should have supported their team instead of bitching about who big Andy picked to line up under center. Garcia says it fuels him on, but it's got to sting some.

I think it is pathetic that someone would call out his whole city knowing that a medium such as this only tells a small percentage of the story.

There are 131 people viewing this board right now at 6:15 in the morning. Some will post and some will not, but they are here because they care. NFL boards gets shut down, this one stays up for fans to come and discuss all kinds of things but the one thing that bonds them is the Texans.

Worst Team Spirit Award and not wanting Carr to be part the team can and are by and large exclusive of one another. In fact some would say that vocalizing your dissatisfaction with Carr or the team is Team Spirit, just the same as being a blind homer for the Team.

As long as there are cheerleaders out there that want to show their Spirit Sticks and hit other fans over the head with them, there will be the fans that wake up early to visit this board, pack a cooler, hit the road for 2.5 hours, tailgate with friends, go to their seats which they have "owned" for almost 5 years, then renew ever year until they are to old to do it 8 times a year and then come here to feel like sharing their pain or good thoughts about their team.

When it is all said and done this actually may be the last bastion of optimism given how the other outlets don't care as much as the fans do here.

By the way, I dislike UT fans for the most part, but I never would say that about my fellow Austinites. Maybe you are right and are part of the problem.

You obviously don't get out much. This is basically just a "you guys don't like David Carr so you're bad fans" thread. Whaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Houston fans can be just as passionate as anyone. You saw this in the early 80's with the Oilers, in the 80's and last few years with the Astros and during the mid-90's with the Rockets. We just don't like losers and underperformers (like your hero). It's the same way in every city.

One last word before I head out to the stadium. For all you complainers supporting Vince out there, if it was not for Bob McNair, this game would be taking place in Los Angeles today.

"I honestly believe the crowd is going to be one-sided in favor of the Titans,'' Richter said. "This is his city, and it is kind of wild because it is the fourth largest city in the U.S., but this guy owns this city. Really, he owns pretty much the state, but if he is in Houston or he is in Austin, they look to him like a god.

"The biggest sports heroes ever to come through Houston were guys like Earl Campbell and the Hakeem Olajuwons and the Nolan Ryans. Vince's name has even been mentioned among those and he hasn't yet done anything in the NFL, but everyone just kind of knows when he walks away he's going to walk away as the icon of the city, and he doesn't even play for the city's team.''

Chris Wood, 53, owns a sporting goods store in Houston. He said plenty of folks have come by looking for Young's No. 10 Titans jersey. As for the No. 90 Williams wears, not so much.

Wood said he regularly cheers for the Texans, but not today.

"I had pretty much gotten over the fact (the Texans didn't draft Young), but this week kind of rekindles all those bad memories,'' Wood said. "In my mind, he is Michael Jordan in cleats. It's just a shame he's not playing for his hometown team.

"If the game ends up 27-24, I am such a Vince Young fan I'll be pulling for the Titans to win.''

http://www.dicksonherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061210/SPORTS01/612100394/1297/MTCN02

I have to say that I'm completely unmoved by all of this moral outrage. I have invested thousands of dollars into this team - supporting them financially since the beginning. I expect them to give me a quality product in return.

I thought sports fans were competitive - why should we settle for mediocrity?

If there were a "Worst Team Spirit City" Award, Houston would win it hands down! In all sports categories but especially football (maybe that’s why the Oilers left Houston). I am ashamed at how this city lacks support for its teams when they are not winning. I have lived in Houston for 28 years and consider myself a Houstonian and die hard Texans fan. I support Astros, Rockets, Comets, Texans, etc. But since this is about football, I will get to it.
Go Texans and David Carr…..beat the Titans and I stand beside you all the way.:gotexans1[/QUOTE

"Bandwagon riders?" In your post its equated to being anyone who criticizes their team when the chips are down. Well, I guess by you definition, anyone on the coaching staff, fans, or in the media who is not exactly treating these guys with kid gloves is a bandwagon fan. I guarantee you the coaches aren't even the biggest fans of some of the players and the way they are doing their jobs, and they sure as hell aren't making excuses and apologizing for their mistakes.

Wow. These guys are professionals and are paid to do what they do. If they're so soft to be on a message board looking for some kind of affirmation or encouragement from fans, they're probably not that great anyway. I've never once heard an athlete say that he had a great game because they got some encouragement or tips on a message board. I'm pretty sure something more than "atta boys" motivates them.

We've all read the "Support the Texans or you're a bad fan" posts before. Do not equate support for a team and criticism after poor performances as being the same. They are not.

Being a good fan is being passionate about a team, whether it be good or bad. The only bad fans are the ones that are supportive when everything is great and apathetic once things go south.

For one you bashing the so called "band wagon fans" is just as bad as what your criticizing here. In all honesty i think your a moron. Sorry, but its ok for a "real fan" to criticize and sometimes get frustrated leaving such posts. Most the time i couldnt agree more, half of our team is absolutely horrid and this place is where we can get our frustrations out. Dont accuse anyone of not being a fan because they write posts described in your post. If we werent fans would we be here in the first place would we be driving to the sports bars every sunday at 9 am. Would we really care. Your wrong sir and just like you have every right to criticize and attack the "fans" that post here i have the right to tell you to shut your self rightous ( not sure of the speeling there but whatever) ass up, and go hate on someone else. Oh and just feel lucky that you have the priveledge of going to those games with those psl's im here in Cali and i was BORN and RAISED HOUSTONIAN

Maybe next time you should state your point without attacking the poster personally. You should know that being in the military. Attacking someone's idea is fine, but attack them an you lose creditablity.

It isn't about wining and losing....It's about how we do it....this is what drives people to post all the negative stuff. It's real simple, when the dog pees on your leg the 12th time, and the dog belongs to your wife, all you can do is ***** about how stupid the dog is.

Being a antive Californian that adopted the Texans when LA wasn't awarded the franchise, I can say that even with the fair weather fans out here cheering for the Lakers, Dodgers, Angels, Kings, Trojans, Bruins, etc.... the message boards are pretty passionate and can seem fair weathered... but for the most part, the regular contributors have a passion for winning and really want their team to exceed.

It is very tough to lump all posters in with those folks that take time to come up with insightful commentary and content.

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water with regards to the board. There are idiots out there (and if you ask yourself, "I wonder if he is talking about me?", then you probably are one of them).

With regards to the town, I have only been to Houston once but the fans at the game were very supportive during the season in 2004. I don't think what Houston goes through is any different than another city that cares about sports with little hardware to show for it.

I have to say that I'm completely unmoved by all of this moral outrage. I have invested thousands of dollars into this team - supporting them financially since the beginning. I expect them to give me a quality product in return.

I thought sports fans were competitive - why should we settle for mediocrity?

With you 100%.

Just watch the Astros games. MMP is known as the loudest stadium in the MLB. Hell the Cardinals and Braves complained to commisioner Selig to order the roof open because we are so loud. The reason why the owner Bud Adams left is because he always wanted this and always wanted that. If he didn't get it his way he always threatened to leave.[/QUOT

In some cities, if a team continued to trot out a perennial loser, the stadium wouldn't sell out week after week. Houston fans: totally bandwagon <rolls eyes>

These boards are a way for us to get our frustrations out and then move on. It's so rare for me to see or hear about the Texans on the TV or the radio.

And I think it's a reflextion of after all this time we don't seem to have improved much until this year. We're still "rebuilding" and all that crap. I'm so eager to see what happens in the next draft and next year. And I expect improvement. There's nothing wrong with me feeling that way.

People are getting paid BIG BUCKS to be a part of the NFL and there's nothing wrong with the fans complaining about poor performance. Money and time are tight for the average person these days and if they see the same crap over and over with no improvement they are gonna gripe.

this post is ridiculous. bob mcnair was given a $600 million taxpayer gift, and proceeded to squander it. years later, the texans are still the worst team in the leaguie, and mcnair stil refuses to even spend to the salary cap.

and you want to blame the fans-taxpayers?

mcnair is not credible. the texans end up being a reflection of him.

I wouldn't call it "worst team spirit" but more of just very fickle and bandwagon. Someone brought up the Astros....people only talked about and cheered when they were in the playoffs. The Rockets are doing very well yet the Toyota Center is quiet. Everytime they lose a game, the boards are all calling for JVG's head. I'd say Houston in general is very similar to L.A. fans, although they are passionate about their Lakers.

This is stupid!!! A REAL fan will keep it real and know when their team needs help. I am not going to sit here and sugar coat this loss and say it's ok #8, we will get them next year!!! It's frustrating. I am a Die hard texan fan. I am tired of dying and I want to see this team win. To say we are the worst? that is rediculous. What do you expect a fan to say when we go 2-14 and now 4 and 9 so far? It is a slight improvement, but i am not going to sit here and ACT like everything is A-OK in the Texan land!!!

I agree with the premise that we are the worst fans. I was ashamed to see all the VY jerseys in the crowd.

As someone said it elsewhere the other day: Houston fans are not loyal to their teams, they are loyal to a few players.

I dislike VY and will not support him just because he is a "Houston boy." He is on the other team and that means twice a year he is the enemy.

The Texans suck, have made horrible choices, run a bad offense, and have the worst fans. Still, I will put on my jersey next week and cheer them on when we get killed by the Patriots. I'm not phased by bad seasons. I am a Cougar fan and all those bad seasons we had just made this one that uch sweeter.

When the Texans have a bad season I will love them, when the Texans have a good season I will love them.

CoogBull - A Man for All Seasons

I agree with the premise that we are the worst fans. I was ashamed to see all the VY jerseys in the crowd.

As someone said it elsewhere the other day: Houston fans are not loyal to their teams, they are loyal to a few players.

I dislike VY and will not support him just because he is a "Houston boy." He is on the other team and that means twice a year he is the enemy.

The Texans suck, have made horrible choices, run a bad offense, and have the worst fans. Still, I will put on my jersey next week and cheer them on when we get killed by the Patriots. I'm not phased by bad seasons. I am a Cougar fan and all those bad seasons we had just made this one that uch sweeter.

When the Texans have a bad season I will love them, when the Texans have a good season I will love them.

CoogBull - A Man for All Seasons

I agree. I sit here now with my Texans jersey dissapointed. I HATE when so called fans jump on and off the bandwagon. They do it with the Rockets, Astros, and Texans. I am a fan thru and thru and I will be watching till the end. So called "Houston Fans" who don't know crap or think a tight end is a nice butt need to shut up and go watch the freaking Lifetime channel. After further review, we do have bad fans!!! I take it personally when i hear that because i am a die hard Astros, Rockets, and Houston fan!!!

This is stupid!!! A REAL fan will keep it real and know when their team needs help. I am not going to sit here and sugar coat this loss and say it's ok #8, we will get them next year!!! It's frustrating. I am a Die hard texan fan. I am tired of dying and I want to see this team win. To say we are the worst? that is rediculous. What do you expect a fan to say when we go 2-14 and now 4 and 9 so far? It is a slight improvement, but i am not going to sit here and ACT like everything is A-OK in the Texan land!!!

That is right my friend. Why should we tolerate failure?! I have not been programmed to lose, Ive been programmed to WIN THE GAME!

Good Post, rep coming your way.

I don't post very often but I must say the fan support for this team sucks.I don't live in Houston but about 100 miles north and have watched the fan support for both the Oilers & Texans and like I said it sucks.I've read the reasons that are posted on this board and had to lol,things like my friends laugh at me because the Texans lose all the time. If you can talk s**t on here then you should be able to tell your friends to shut the *** up.The next thing I see all the time is I buy tickets so I want a winning team to watch.If you feel like that then give your tickets up so someone who will support the team win are lose can have them then we will not have to read that line of crap. GO TEXANS

I just say pick a team and STICK with it. If you pick the Titans, NO PROBLEM. Just don't ever come crawling back. You're a "bad" fan if you pick two teams and decide to root whoever wins.

If all anyone wants to do is say "My team won this weekend" well then just pick the one that won and say that the one. However, if your a fan, you pull for the team through thick and thin and yell and scream for them on game day. May not like some of the things they do or that they might not win, but you pull for them and support your team. If you can't do that, then find one you can. I swear that for some folks having their team win or lose is some how attached to their manhood and if they can't go to the old office water cooler on Monday and unzip and say "see my teams better than yours" they then feel.............Mmmm....inadequet.

Texans fan support was there today. The stadium belonged to the Texans if they wanted it and were able....

Texans fan support was there today. The stadium belonged to the Texans if they wanted it and were able....

I am going to agree here. I was more than pleasantly surprised at how loud the fans were and, for once, didn't leave. The stadium was loud for the entire game and I haven't had that experience for a few years.

While fans may gritch, moan and groan here on the MB,I, for one, would like to congratulate our fans on their performance today. We done good. :yahoo: Too bad the team didn't respond in kind.:hides:

I never knew if reporting factual information about Texans such “ALL THE BLOWN DRAFT PICKS” or “BAD PERSONNEL MOVE BY CASSERLY OVER THE YEARS” or "BAD PLAY CALLING" or if a player is playing well below his expectation is considered a bad thing.

What’s wrong with a fan if he/she demands that their team play hard and put more effort every Sunday?
If some one complains that they don't get to see this stuff on other forum then they need to check Chicago, Atlanta, NY fan forum. At least fans on this site are civilized and knowledgeable about the game.

That's just the point even though we've been losing, I have absolutely no doubt that those guys play hard every sunday. I agree with the threadstarter; the fans here are just pathetic at times.

I am going to agree here. I was more than pleasantly surprised at how loud the fans were and, for once, didn't leave. The stadium was loud for the entire game and I haven't had that experience for a few years.

While fans may gritch, moan and groan here on the MB,I, for one, would like to congratulate our fans on their performance today. We done good. :yahoo: Too bad the team didn't respond in kind.:hides:

Agreed. It reminded me of the 2004 season there for awhile. It was great!

If all anyone wants to do is say "My team won this weekend" well then just pick the one that won and say that the one. However, if your a fan, you pull for the team through thick and thin and yell and scream for them on game day. May not like some of the things they do or that they might not win, but you pull for them and support your team. If you can't do that, then find one you can. I swear that for some folks having their team win or lose is some how attached to their manhood and if they can't go to the old office water cooler on Monday and unzip and say "see my teams better than yours" they then feel.............Mmmm....inadequet.
Good post...never quite heard it put that way, but I agree. Support, Support, and keep your pants zipped up...LOL.

Back