Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Cincinnati Bengals @ Houston Texans. 1/5. 3:30. **Official Wildcard GameDay Thread**

Well, at least we're back on "The Right Track (TM)" right?

Defense saved their asses. That and the Bengals lousy offense. No such luck on the horizon in New England.

Foster had a great game as well. It's not like Offense went out there and did nothing. Just didn't get it done in the redzone.

Kubiak didn't go for it on those 4th and shorts because he knew Dalton couldn't get it done. I bet he goes for a few next week if needed. You can't settle against Brady.

I didn't think about that. Thanks. And yet Schaub still wasn't a factor.

I'm surprised that you guys haven't figured out this yet. Our offense goes thru Foster just like Minnesota's goes thru A.P. Both QBs are just cogs in the machine.

why was shiloh keo playing so much tonight? what was that comment from mayock about demps about it being something conduct driven?

shiloh keo can not play defensive back for this team against tom brady.

I'm surprised that you guys haven't figured out this yet. Our offense goes thru Foster just like Minnesota's goes thru A.P. Both QBs are just cogs in the machine.

Pretty much.

Schaub was never the elite player that carried this team forward. It has always been guys like Foster. When the run game is looking average...then the entire offense looks horrible. It's not a coincidence.

Schaub is good enough to get the team far, but other players have to step up. It's clear he's not going to consistently carry this team...but that is why we have all-pro players like Watt and Foster and Andre to do that for us.

Nosir. I figured it out a long time ago, but since I don't like it I still complain. :) A QB would be nice, I'm funny that way.

We have some of the most miserable fans. Some of you sound like you would rather have seen a loss so you don't have to be bothered next week

We have some of the most miserable fans. Some of you sound like you would rather have seen a loss so you don't have to be bothered next week

Ok, point blank.. forget the win. Did you think we played well today?? Or, if you are one of these, did you think we played like a 12-4 team today??

I can promise you Kubes and Schaub came closer than they should have to losing this game.

I said earlier this week that a ton of these fans in here don't deserve to root for a winner. Definitely some of the most miserable fans for sure. I bitched my ass off for years when we were pulling out 8-8 seasons and Kubiak kept screwing things up. I still think he's a dog as a HC, but right now we're coming off of a winning season and despite backing into the Wild Card game, we pulled out the win and played a tough game. I'll take it, and I'll be enjoy this playoff game. Love watching my team in the playoffs!! I've been waiting for like 10 years for that, and I'll enjoy it while it lasts!!

Let the miserable fans drown in their misery at some dark bar somewhere.

Ok, point blank.. forget the win. Did you think we played well today?? Or, if you are one of these, did you think we played like a 12-4 team today??

I can promise you Kubes and Schaub came closer than they should have to losing this game.

They played well enough to win. The d did a great job. Schaub threw a pick which put us in a bad spot however I don't think picks are unheard of. The offense has to play better Schaub first and foremost. Dre and the rest of the crew need to catch passes that hit them in the hands and Gary has to call plays that put us past the first down marker or in the endzone on third downs.

If we are to win next weekend we have to play better, but win or lose I'm all in for next week and am glad for the win. I'm not going to ***** and moan and talk about a lost cause next week

Yep.

I think we played well.

Defense allowed 6 points, Offense ran the ball well...that is on Kubiak too since he's a Denver Zone guy, the running game is on him.

Did they play well in all phases of the game? Nope. But you aren't going to play perfect in the playoffs because of the competition.

They played well enough to win. The d did a great job. Schaub threw a pick which put us in a bad spot however I don't think picks are unheard of. The offense has to play better Schaub first and foremost. Dre and the rest of the crew need to catch passes that hit them in the hands and Gary has to call plays that put us past the first down marker or in the endzone on third downs.

If we are to win next weekend we have to play better, but win or lose I'm all in for next week and am glad for the win. I'm not going to ***** and moan and talk about a lost cause next week

Yeah, 12-4 was not us today.

Can't get there from here.

images

So what if it wasn't "textbook"... Its the final score that counts.
Would you have preferred that Schaub threw for 500 yds and 3-4 TDs again but we lost?

Can't get there from here.

images

So what if it wasn't "textbook"... Its the final score that counts.
Would you have preferred that Schaub threw for 500 yds and 3-4 TDs again but we lost?

Three words in a bigger context and you know it, my good friend. :)

Agreed. We won, I'm happy as Hell about that and I'm just talking a little football.

:fans: :fans:

Texans definitely showed some signs of life today. Defense played outstanding. Offense's still sputtering, but I'm thinking all cylinders will be firing soon.
Schaub, one INT for six, but all and all played pretty damn good.
Who knows what will happen next week.

Three words in a bigger context and you know it, my good friend. :)

Agreed. We won, I'm happy as Hell about that and I'm just talking a little football.

:fans: :fans:

Okay... from an unbiased observer of football perspective [drains the koolaid from his system]... There are things that definitely need work.

- Seven penalties. That's way too many for a team that is supposed to be disciplined. Can't give Tom Brady second chances to stay on the field or hurt ourselves against their defense.
- 29 of 38 for only 260+ yds. Smells like dink & dunk. Especially when 20 of the 29 completions were to the RB & TEs. Only four catches by AJ. Not good. That's just five passes to everyone else. I'd prefer that Schaub spread the ball around more than that.
- Once again, the kickoff coverage was lacking.
- Got to get more sevens instead of threes in the redzone.

So yeah, I see areas that can definitely get better.

Yes. Outside of the pick six and settling for field-goals in the red-zone, Houston dominated every facet of the game. Cincinnati shouldn't have been in this game at all and the only reason they were was because Schaub got picked.

It's a playoff game. A win is all that matters.

Yes. Outside of the pick six and settling for field-goals in the red-zone, Houston dominated every facet of the game. Cincinnati shouldn't have been in this game at all and the only reason they were was because Schaub got picked.

It's a playoff game. A win is all that matters.

Come on JC, either we played it or we didn't. Saying "outside of 'this' or 'that'" is fantasy land. I don't buy the "if it wasn't for this" bullshiit.

Doesn't bother me. Haters will hate.

Honey, sweetie, darlin', you hated with your first post. This is why you have no cred here. Yes, Hun, haters will hate, especially when a POS Cowboy trolette comes in here and tries to..........hate.

F you, Hun. And I mean that in the worse possible way, since you can't seem to talk football.

Honey, sweetie, darlin', you hated with your first post. This is why you have no cred here. Yes, Hun, haters will hate, especially when a POS Cowboy trolette comes in here and tries to..........hate.

F you, Hun. And I mean that in the worse possible way, since you can't seem to talk football.

Cowboys fans "trying" to convert it is a sad sad day in the state of texas for sure.

Trying is the key word jerry jones has them all by the throat and always gives them to much false hope to really ever leave.

Who do the cowboys play in the play-offs this year

OHHHH **** thats right

Cowboys fans "trying" to convert it is a sad sad day in the state of texas for sure.

Trying is the key word jerry jones has them all by the throat and always gives them to much false hope to really ever leave.

Who do the cowboys play in the play-offs this year

OHHHH **** thats right
Now, now... it is unseemly to pick on the less fortunate.
:fingergun:

No one's converting here. I was just stating facts. With out your kicker you would have lost. Plain & simple.

its obvious ur not trying to convert i was being a smartass.

My point is why even make an account here ??? What is the point ? And how can u talk crap while we have won more play off games than you in the last 10 years, and while we are still playing and ur team is off drinking and driving or having to be baby sitted.

Ok that 2nd to last part was over the line but still

What does it matter? Its fun to trash talk & meet people. I'm not saying we played stellar this year. The boys don't deserve to be there this year. Not being ugly...having a good time. But a few of y'all take it to another level.

What does it matter? Its fun to trash talk & meet people. I'm not saying we played stellar this year. The boys don't deserve to be there this year. Not being ugly...having a good time. But a few of y'all take it to another level.

So you are having fun and we are not. Sister, we are playing, you matter NOT....lol. Get over yourself.

Well in all fairness folks around here do ger rauled up pretty easy, and the name dont help :) Gotta understand where most guys are coming from on here.

Now if you just came to talk football like we have a few fans from the colts and ravens do then its all cool and they are all really green, just dont think your first post made many smile is all.

Come on JC, either we played it or we didn't. Saying "outside of 'this' or 'that'" is fantasy land. I don't buy the "if it wasn't for this" bullshiit.

The Texans played well today. The defense dominated the Bengals. They only allowed six points and the Bengals didn't convert a third down all game (0/9). The offense moved the ball routinely the entire game but settled for too many FG's. The way they played today? They dominated the Bengals practically every facet of the game. The score didn't reflect that though because of the interception and not converting in the redzone.

This is a game thread, not a smack talk thread. We have a separate section on the board for that. Feel free to start one there to talk about how much better the Cowboys are or how if we didn't have an actual kicker (dumb what-if) that we wouldn't have won.

This is a game thread, not a smack talk thread. We have a separate section on the board for that. Feel free to start one there to talk about how much better the Cowboys are or how if we didn't have an actual kicker (dumb what-if) that we wouldn't have won.

Its funny cause we actually have one of the worst kickers in the NFL, well once past 40 yards anyways.

I don't even understand what game some of you guys were watching.

Was that a 12-4 team out there? No. That was a 13-4 team out there. That was a team that dominated time of possession. That was a team that took risks when it had to and got the job done.

I'd hate to see this place if we were a wildcard team.

This is ridiculous.

With out your kicker you would have lost. Plain & simple.

great analysis there, thank goodness we have such a great kicker..

what a dumbass comment.. thats like saying "without your defense being on the field, you would have lost" "had you not fielded a qb, you would have lost"..

I was grilling with my friends yesterday, thank god we had a grill or otherwise we wouldn't have eaten.

I wanted to say something about the Bengal's game plan. On TV, so far the story is that the Bengals had a dumb game plan & that's why they lost. The biggest "issue" was that there were 0 targets to AJ Green.

I think what they did, was listen to too much radio & read too many news papers. They "heard" that Jjo was the better corner & Kjax was the weaker. They "heard" that we can't handle tightends across the middle.

It looked to me that they went after Kj & Quin. Unfortunately, those guys stepped up... big time. So I don't think it was a bad "game plan" just didn't work out for them.

They also said the Bengal's should have ran the ball more, but with the defense pitching 3 & outs & keeping them in 3rd & long.... they just didn't have a shot. & though the score didn't show it, offensively we weren't given up the ball. So when they had the ball, they were in panic mode even though they were only down by 6.

The defense did a great job, don't get me wrong. But the offense did what they had to do to help the defense.

I wanted to say something about the Bengal's game plan. On TV, so far the story is that the Bengals had a dumb game plan & that's why they lost. The biggest "issue" was that there were 0 targets to AJ Green.

I think what they did, was listen to too much radio & read too many news papers. They "heard" that Jjo was the better corner & Kjax was the weaker. They "heard" that we can't handle tightends across the middle.

It looked to me that they went after Kj & Quin. Unfortunately, those guys stepped up... big time. So I don't think it was a bad "game plan" just didn't work out for them.

They also said the Bengal's should have ran the ball more, but with the defense pitching 3 & outs & keeping them in 3rd & long.... they just didn't have a shot. & though the score didn't show it, offensively we weren't given up the ball. So when they had the ball, they were in panic mode even though they were only down by 6.

The defense did a great job, don't get me wrong. But the offense did what they had to do to help the defense.

When your defense is shutting guys down, you don't take unnecessary risks and you eat up time. Our first half defensive performance was insane.

I don't even understand what game some of you guys were watching.

Was that a 12-4 team out there? No. That was a 13-4 team out there. That was a team that dominated time of possession. That was a team that took risks when it had to and got the job done.

I'd hate to see this place if we were a wildcard team.

This is ridiculous.

And you're letting one win alter the month-long perception this team has earned itself.

I keep posing this question: We have to bring our A+ game (something I haven't seen since the Ravens game, btw) and we have to have the Patriots make timely mistakes that we also must capitalize on by scoring points off those errors.

One of those things is in our control, and I doubt we get it done. Gary and his players have been bringing a B- level of play. I would call the wildcard win a B+ effort.

The other thing (Pats' errors) is not in our control. There will be wide open receivers for Brady, will he miss them? Will they drop passes? Will they get careless with the ball? Will they be undisciplined and commit dumb penalties that kill their drives?

I'm tired of all the chest beating. Someone tell me how the Texans are going to pull this thing off in New England, please. Give me adequate reasons, and not just the token "Any given Sunday" cliche.

Back