Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Cincinnati Bengals @ Houston Texans. 1/5. 3:30. **Official Wildcard GameDay Thread**

The Run, Part I of IV

1hedew.jpg

The Houston Texans are hosting the Cincinnati Bengals on Saturday to begin the NFL playoffs for the second straight year.

This time, Matt Schaub will be in the spotlight.

Schaub will make his first postseason start as the stumbling Texans try to eliminate Cincinnati in the wild-card round, a year after they did so with a third-string quarterback.

Houston's first playoff game in franchise history was a 31-10 victory over Cincinnati last year to open wild-card weekend. T.J. Yates was the Texans' quarterback since Schaub was lost for the season after 10 games due to a foot injury and former backup Matt Leinart also was sidelined.

"It is exciting," Schaub said. "It's an exciting time of year to be a part of this to get ready to play in a playoff game, especially here at home in front of our home fans."

How excited the third-seeded Texans (12-4) truly are for Saturday is debatable. Houston lost its final two regular-season games when a victory in either would have given it a first-round bye and home-field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs.

"We didn't handle the end of the season the way we wanted to handle it, but that doesn't mean that we can't handle these playoffs the way we want to handle it," coach Gary Kubiak said. "We understand how we have to play."

Schaub had 21 touchdown passes to nine interceptions during the Texans' 11-1 start, but had one TD and three picks over their 1-3 finish.

"I've just got to play a little more consistent," said Schaub, who has not thrown a pass in a playoff game in nine NFL seasons. "I definitely know when things aren't going well to look at myself first because I'm the one that's putting everyone in position and trying to make the plays."

Andy Dalton, meanwhile, has guided Cincinnati (10-6) to its first consecutive playoff berths since 1981-82. He's looking to make amends after he threw three interceptions and was sacked four times while finishing with the second-worst passer rating of his career at 51.4 in last year's defeat.

2vta5mr.jpg

1dzlg6.jpg

rjftcg.jpg

MORE PICKS: http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/story/0...nd-analysts-picks-for-first-round-of-playoffs

What I want to see:

Let's get some toss plays going with Arian and Tate

I think Cincy's front is badass. That said, I want to see the Texans get their front seven moving around. They might be a little susceptible to play action, so making them move around with the RUN might do more good for the offense.

Better safety play, especially on deep balls

Between Manning, GQ and Demps; the Texans have been getting burned at times on deep balls. With one of the best deep ball receivers coming to town, that needs to be fixed. You, me, and everyone else knows that Dalton will go up top. It's up to the Texans to cover well so Dalton has to go underneath or take sacks.

Schaub and OL...get it together

Matt cannot get beat up in this one. I can't stress enough how he also needs to remain confident, don't make silly mistakes, and also, don't make any "gotta get rid of it" throws when he has time. Gotta have the OL on their best behavior.

Limit the penalties

Something that has plagued us for weeks now. Too many penalties, especially on offense. That said, Barwin...BE STILL, sir.

Bonus: BE LOUD!

Let's get hyped for this one! It's the playoffs. I know some folks aren't hyped at all, but let's get that way if you aren't. Where ever you are watching the game, be LOUD!!!

IT'S PLAYOFF TIME!!!!!!!!! Let's get this **** going, fam. What happened in the Regular Season, good or bad, is over and done with. There isn't a thing you can do about spilled milk. Saturday is a day where we start to right this ship and get back to Texans football. Nothing, of course, has changed: 1-0 is the goal and battle cry this week. This is our building, so it's time to the rattle the cages of the Bengals, send them home for the Winter, and move on to the next round. We're in the dance, folks...so let's put our dancing shoes on! LET'S MUTHA****IN' GO, TEXANS!!!!

I'm bitter when it comes to losses, and I criticize a lot.
But when it comes to GAME DAY,

this texans fan gets behind the HOUSTON TEXANS!

:d::d::d:

Been down all week, very strange not be pumped all week. However its Wild Card Eve, the excitement is creeping in. The regular season has faded the last two days.

Now it's the Playoffs!!!!! A chance for a new beginning. Lets put our anger away for now, or channel it against the Bungles.

So lets go fans, let's cheer our boys on!!!! Those lucky enough to get to Reliant cheer only, hold the jeers.

Let's go Texans, kick some Bengal ass!!!!!!!

Yep, it's been a rotten month. But it all starts new again, now, and at home. Let's see a September-style flashback to domination!

Yep, it's been a rotten month. But it all starts new again, now, and at home. Let's see a September-style flashback to domination!
Agreed. It all starts brand new today!

Time to prove the doubters wrong. Most of the experts are predicting the Bengals to win today but the Texans are going to make their Super Bowl run.

Time to win and move on to Foxboro next weekend.

Teams have looked bad heading into the post season and ended up winning it all. It has happened before and it can happen again!

I know it has been an awful fortnight of following the Texans.

However - the any given Sunday rule applies to the weakest of the weak-and the Texans have enough talent to ride this roster all the way to the Superbowl - whether the players and the coaches can get themselves together for it is the question.

Personally we waited long enough to get a chance for the New Year to matter to the Texans - and I'll be damned if the run-in to the season is going to temper my excitement for a Texans playoff game.

Only 11 hours to go! Wooooooooo!!!! :pirate:

Playoffs, second year in a row. That's nice. It fact it's great! I just wish I was as exicited as I was last year.

I sure an seeing a lot of "excitment" people. Come on i thought we werent gonna get pumped.

Attachments

• 20 KB schaub.jpg
    20 KB schaub.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 15
"I've just got to play a little more consistent," said Schaub,

Talk about understating the case. This doesn't instill a lot of confidence in me. It
's going to take a lot of :fostering: and :swatter: if we are going to win this game. :fans:

my brain istelling me we havent played a good game in nearly 10 wks and are playing a team who are very strong in both trenches so today is likely our last game....

but another part of me is saying this team can and will turn it on and is destined to return to foxboro next week on a redemption mission..

texans 21-20 *crosses fingers*

Time for Kubiak, Marciano, Wade & Schaub to roll out the extensive list of succesful playoff plays and calls! :)

Second year in playoffs.. I'll focus on that and cherish is regardless of tonights outcome :)

my brain istelling me we havent played a good game in nearly 10 wks and are playing a team who are very strong in both trenches so today is likely our last game....

but another part of me is saying this team can and will turn it on and is destined to return to foxboro next week on a redemption mission..

last two superbowl winners were low seeds..keep your hopes up :ant:

Time for Kubiak, Marciano, Wade & Schaub to roll out the extensive list of succesful playoff plays and calls! :)

Second year in playoffs.. I'll focus on that and cherish is regardless of tonights outcome :)

Kubiak is pulling out all the stops........a secret "play" guaranteed to neutralize the cats will be called up to an assistant coach amid the rafters of Reliant Stadium.

"Hey you *****'s down there, get ready to die!!!!!!"

bilde

All deep steel blue today???

an hour ago...
Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew

The #Texans are wearing Deep Steel Blue jerseys & Liberty White pants today vs. Bengals. #TexansGameday

5 mins ago...

Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew

CORRECTION: #Texans are wearing Deep Steel Blue jerseys and pants. #TexansGameday

does kubiak rotating offensive line play give away what play we are going to run?

like certain olinemen are called for running or passing plays?

is that what's causing our predictability?

does kubiak rotating offensive line play give away what play we are going to run?

like certain olinemen are called for running or passing plays?

is that what's causing our predictability?

Interesting idea for sure... makes sense. Something I have not been watching for.

Their offensive line is far from strong.

No matter the outcome today, 12-4 this season. This franchise has come a long way... A LONG WAY!

I'm expecting a win today, but if the unfortunate happens, it's been a great season.

Lets get 'em!

Schaub's going to need Methodist's 'leading medicine' expertise if the o-line doesn't step up today.

I think our Defense will be better with Ruud starting. He has looked awesome when he is in.

Reed is active........they're talking about having him play some ILB. If Reed is placed inside, he will be more likely to sustain another re-injury than I believe he already has just by playing.

They've also said that a good number of the starters will be playing STs this game.

They are evidently showing that they are pulling out all of the stops, and that they are feeling desperate.

OK OK i dont know if anyone remembers but i did guess the score of last seasons game against the bengals in the gameday thread in our first play-off game.

So i will see if i cant help give the texans some luck.

Texans 34
Begals 17

Reed is active........they're talking about having him play some ILB. If Reed is placed inside, he will be more likely to sustain another re-injury than I believe he already has just by playing.

They've also said that a good number of the starters will be playing STs this game.

They are evidently showing that they are pulling out all of the stops, and that they are feeling desperate.

Yeah Rudd is taking Dobbins spot.

I see nothing wrong with that. All the cliches apply here, leave nothing on the field for coaches and players.

Back