Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Cheering and Throwing Ice ...

I love when people quote players that are currently playing for the team. Do you expect them to say anything negative? Really? :rolleyes:

Also like that everyone jumps on me when I state the obvious. Matt Schaub and his family will be leaving town ... that is just a fact. Anyone who would like to put a wager on it not happening I will gladly take all bets.

Carry on internet tough folks. :ahhaha:

It_gave_me_cancer.jpg

I love when people quote players that are currently playing for the team. Do you expect them to say anything negative? Really? :rolleyes:

Also like that everyone jumps on me when I state the obvious. Matt Schaub and his family will be leaving town ... that is just a fact. Anyone who would like to put a wager on it not happening I will gladly take all bets.

Carry on internet tough folks. :ahhaha:

So Machiavellian Case Keenum is blowing smoke with falsely effusive praise of his predecessor. Well, that's one way to interpret it.

Your words:

After watching MS stand there sulking for two games wearing his helmet on the sideline ... hiding under it, while his team is out there battling for Case in a way they never would have for him

Do you stick by that intrepetation when considering that Matt had his helmet on to listen to the plays being called, and consulted Keenum between plays? Do you commend Schaub for that, or do you think he was still sulking?

... now I get it. I have never been a Schaub supporter, but also thought the fans were acting foolish for going at him the way they did. I don't anymore. Just want him and his family out of Houston as soon as possible so we can began the process of forgetting we ever had the misfortune of having him here to begin with. Matt Schaub is the definition of a loser.

Internet tough guy, why don't you keep condoning throwing ice at players.

Do you stick by that intrepetation when considering that Matt had his helmet on to listen to the plays being called, and consulted Keenum between plays? Do you commend Schaub for that, or do you think he was still sulking?

You can listen to the plays through a head-set, like Yates does. I stick to my statement.

After watching MS stand there sulking for two games wearing his helmet on the sideline ... hiding under it, while his team is out there battling for Case in a way they never would have for him ... now I get it. I have never been a Schaub supporter, but also thought the fans were acting foolish for going at him the way they did. I don't anymore. Just want him and his family out of Houston as soon as possible so we can began the process of forgetting we ever had the misfortune of having him here to begin with. Matt Schaub is the definition of a loser.

I don't know what games you're watching... but I'm still watching the Texans lose with Keenum in there. I'm still seeing the defense give up long TD drives. I'm still seeing a lack of pass rush. I'm still seeing dumb penalties by the secondary. I'm still seeing McCain getting picked on in single coverage. I'm still seeing Bullock miss field goals. I'm still seeing poor return coverage by the STs. I'm seeing a running game not as productive with Keenum (mostly due to injuries though). If players are 'battling for Case', unfortunately the outcome is exactly the same, compared to not battling for Schaub.

TBH, if there are players not playing hard because Schaub is at QB, do we really want those players on the team? I want players that give it their all, no matter the situation.

I don't know what games you're watching... but I'm still watching the Texans lose with Keenum in there. I'm still seeing the defense give up long TD drives. I'm still seeing a lack of pass rush. I'm still seeing dumb penalties by the secondary. I'm still seeing McCain getting picked on in single coverage. I'm still seeing Bullock miss field goals. I'm still seeing poor return coverage by the STs. I'm seeing a running game not as productive with Keenum (mostly due to injuries though).

TBH, if there are players not playing hard because Schaub is at QB, do we really want those players on the team? I want players that give it their all, no matter the situation.

Not that the players weren't playing hard necessarily, but just were deflated and discouraged from knowing whatever they did to get the lead, Matt would blow it. When I say battling in a way they didn't for Matt, I am talking about being pumped up to actually have a real opportunity to win. Are there other issues on the team? Sure. But anyone can see the last game that it was a different vibe.

It's momentum and the Texans had it and were responding as a team to it. That momentum came from Keenum and AJ. When the Colts adjusted and we couldn't keep drives alive the momentum shifted back to the Colts.

It's momentum and the Texans had it and were responding as a team to it. That momentum came from Keenum and AJ. When the Colts adjusted and we couldn't keep drives alive the momentum shifted back to the Colts.

Maybe, but having Cushing tell Smith they needed to get a turnover and score to win the game because "they aint gonna do it", while looking out at the offense, tells me all I need to know about the true support Matt had. C'mon people, the players have to hold the company line, but they aren't idiots. They can see why we were losing the games after having leads, over and over again ...

You can listen to the plays through a head-set, like Yates does. I stick to my statement.

Maybe, but having Cushing tell Smith they needed to get a turnover and score to win the game because "they aint gonna do it", while looking out at the offense, tells me all I need to know about the true support Matt had. C'mon people, the players have to hold the company line, but they aren't idiots. They can see why we were losing the games after having leads, over and over again ...

I agree with the above.

Granted. The Schaub-led offense did nothing to generate momentum.

No doubt that the team sees its QB throwing pick 6's like he's throwing beads in a Mardi Gras parade and loses confidence in him.

However, that does not explain why the defense goes out there and makes boneheaded decisions and costly penalties that do nothing but add to the meltdown. Every week we see this so-called "no. 1 defense" extend opponent's drives with stupid penalties. We see them in a zone coverage getting beat deep with an 18 point lead to protect. We see them making mistakes that cannot be put on Schaub, but point directly back at themselves and their coaching staff.

2013 has seen many aspects of this team crumble apart, not just at QB. Schaub certainly earned his bench time, no doubt about it. But let's not act like he's the only player who has failed this team this season. There is plenty of blame to go around.

Granted. The Schaub-led offense did nothing to generate momentum.

And the Cushing/Watt led defense did nothing to prevent 90+ yard drives in a hand full of games. I'm no making excuses for Matt, but let's face it, the fail of the season is on all 3 phases.

We've got some work to do this offseason. Hopefully the next 8 games will decide how we'll look at the QB position in the draft. I'll be pulling for Case and actually look forward to seeing him play.

And for the love of Pete, can we wipe out the entire ST staff!!

**Damn, figures DB would beat me to it. Ha

No doubt that the team sees its QB throwing pick 6's like he's throwing beads in a Mardi Gras parade and loses confidence in him.

However, that does not explain why the defense goes out there and makes boneheaded decisions and costly penalties that do nothing but add to the meltdown. Every week we see this so-called "no. 1 defense" extend opponent's drives with stupid penalties. We see them in a zone coverage getting beat deep with an 18 point lead to protect. We see them making mistakes that cannot be put on Schaub, but point directly back at themselves and their coaching staff.

2013 has seen many aspects of this team crumble apart, not just at QB. Schaub certainly earned his bench time, no doubt about it. But let's not act like he's the only player who has failed this team this season. There is plenty of blame to go around.

Thank you.
MSR.

I think it's amusing when Schaub supporters point to the multiple points of failure on this team to deflect blame from the QB position and yet often the same people won't admit that it's reasonable to want to hold the coach accountable when the whole team starts to suck.

If the whole team comes out flat or fails to play a full four quarters of good football on a consistent basis is it more reasonable to assume that it's due to the entire roster deciding to stink up the joint in unison? Or is it more likely we have a problem with management?

Witness the fact that we've seen a new QB come in, and perform very, very well. Well to the tune of a 118 passer rating and a 4/0 TD/Interception ratio. Well to the tune that after two games, he's improved pretty much every area that was previously a problem. No interceptions (much less pick 6's), a bunch of plays down the field, many TD's to AJ, mobility in the pocket, an ability to generate some yards with his legs when the circumstances demand, and a "it" factor that in the mind of most has to some extent mentally and emotionally rejuvenated many of the other players. And to this point these improvements have come without him bringing any glaring weaknesses to the table.

Yet his record as a starting QB is 0-2.

And the Cushing/Watt led defense did nothing to prevent 90+ yard drives in a hand full of games. I'm no making excuses for Matt, but let's face it, the fail of the season is on all 3 phases.

We've got some work to do this offseason. Hopefully the next 8 games will decide how we'll look at the QB position in the draft. I'll be pulling for Case and actually look forward to seeing him play.

And for the love of Pete, can we wipe out the entire ST staff!!

**Damn, figures DB would beat me to it. Ha

Thank you.
MSR.

Both true. Plenty of people asleep at the wheel this year in all three phases of the game.

Agreed. So what?

I'm agreeing with the train of thought, don't hold Case's record against him The guy put the team in a position to win, and they didn't. That's what you want out of a QB. He's not Schaub'ing it up out there, so you can't put the loss on him.

So, what happened when Keenum was up 24-6?

The same story about Schaub helping out Keenum is on the NBC Sports page, and one of the commenters offered the following anecdote.

Schaub is a nice guy. When he was in Atlanta, I saw him at Hole In The Wall in Buckhead. We hung out for a while doing Jeager shots. And he was nice enough to pick up the tab.

Followed by:

The game lasts a little while. Character lasts a lifetime – and brings rewards worth more than money. Good on you, Matt Schaub.

Link.

Any player that wants to hang out with fans and do shots of Jaeg is ok in my book.

I think it's amusing when Schaub supporters point to the multiple points of failure on this team to deflect blame from the QB position and yet often the same people won't admit that it's reasonable to want to hold the coach accountable when the whole team starts to suck.

If the whole team comes out flat or fails to play a full four quarters of good football on a consistent basis is it more reasonable to assume that it's due to the entire roster deciding to stink up the joint in unison? Or is it more likely we have a problem with management?

Both true. Plenty of people asleep at the wheel this year in all three phases of the game.

Yet, when we make light of it we're called _______ supporters.

I think everyone on this MB is aware of Schaub and Kubiaks failures, but realize there's more to it.

FWIW, I'm a supporter of the Houston Texans. Not ________ player/coach. I have favorite player, which 98% of the time are defensive players.

What about all the other games where our defense has been walked over?

Most of the games I have watched, we were up, or at least within striking distance, and Matt went pick-6. Was I just dreaming that? Doesn't give the defense a free pass for sloppy play, but just saying ...

In KC our O-line was either figured out, or just wore out in the end and Case had no chance.

In both of Cases games he had us in position to win. In Matt's games he cost us the chance to win.

It's a team sport and there are so many ways in which the offense affects the defense and vice-versa. The offense gets all over another team and they make that team one dimensional giving the defense an advantage. The offense stops scoring like ours has done in the second half and the whole team can lose momentum. That affects the defense too. The defense can't stop anyone and they put pressure on the offense to score every time and keep pace (we saw that a lot back in the Richard Smith/Frank Bush days).

In KC we had no running game and couldn't keep the KC defense honest in the second half. Eventually when you can pin your ears back every down you're going to work out how to beat the other teams OL.

Against Indy the Texans offense couldn't finish drives in the second half and their kicker couldn't even get them the FG. The defense held up for a quarter of this BS and then collapsed in the fourth. You're not going to shut down teams like the Colts (QB's like Luck) very often or for very long. Even with the Colts finally figuring out our defense Bullock could have prevented that loss with a couple of FG's. Keenum and the offense could have held that loss at bay with one more TD drive.

Not trying to excuse the defense their failure, just saying that in the NFL we watch today, in 2013 you're going to have to score a little more often than we are (particularly in the second half) to win much of the time.

Most of the games I have watched, we were up, or at least within striking distance, and Matt went pick-6. Was I just dreaming that? Doesn't give the defense a free pass for sloppy play, but just saying ...

In KC our O-line was either figured out, or just wore out in the end and Case had no chance.

In both of Cases games he had us in position to win. In Matt's games he cost us the chance to win.

Ok, you've convinced me, Matt Schaub is the devil.

Still wondering why 33% of our losses this year came in games Schaub did not play..........

So in short you are saying he should be exiled from the city of houston ? Kinda harsh aint it, just ask god what happens when you exile someone :kitten: could be bad......

;) bad joke ?

yep, i will give you a clue, might be hard to figure out "D is the first letter and E is the last letter" well and out kicker has also helped out...
One thing that drove me crazy in the Colt's game was when we went for it deep in Colts territory instead of taking the 3 points.

It's like Kubiak got all caught up in the hope and change BS and decided to go against just about everything he ever, ever does. AT the time, I was OK with it and thought it was ballsy. Hindsight seeing 3 missed field goals makes me much less than OK with it.

I agree that our Efense hasn't been what it needs to be. There's been serious lapses in D.

One thing that drove me crazy in the Colt's game was when we went for it deep in Colts territory instead of taking the 3 points.

It's like Kubiak got all caught up in the hope and change BS and decided to go against just about everything he ever, ever does. AT the time, I was OK with it and thought it was ballsy. Hindsight seeing 3 missed field goals makes me much less than OK with it.

I agree that our Efense hasn't been what it needs to be. There's been serious lapses in D.

yeah i liked the call, who could of ever guessed fatty would go on to miss 3 FGs. Win some lose some, i am actually refreshed to see Kubiak being aggressive even though it didnt pay off this time i think it will in the long run if he keeps it up.

After watching MS stand there sulking for two games wearing his helmet on the sideline ... hiding under it, while his team is out there battling for Case in a way they never would have for him ... now I get it. I have never been a Schaub supporter, but also thought the fans were acting foolish for going at him the way they did. I don't anymore. Just want him and his family out of Houston as soon as possible so we can began the process of forgetting we ever had the misfortune of having him here to begin with. Matt Schaub is the definition of a loser.

You don't know what he's going through. Pipe down.

So you would rather his kids live here and endure the ridicule that is sure to come their way in school? Would rather his family not be able to go out to dinner or shopping without hearing the comments about how we had a chance at a Superbowl, but "that guy" blew it for us? Ok, guess I am ignorant ...

Yes, yes you are. Thanks for making that easy...

This decision has not been talked about much (that I have seen), but it was a boneheaded decision not to take the easy points, especially that early in the game. It felt desperate at the time, and then looked foolish when they failed to get one freakin' yard.

Didn't they run Tate, too? Need 1 yard so send in the guy with 4 broken ribs. Yeah, that makes sense.

Schaub's only crime was not being quite good enough to get them one step further in the playoffs.

Not so fast! Lest we forget Flashdance Schaub He's a maniac!

Schaub doesn' think assault charges will stick

FLOWERY BRANCH - Atlanta Falcons backup quarterback Matt Schaub doesn't think his arrest early Saturday morning on misdemeanor assault and battery charges will keep him off the football field this season.

Prior to his release from jail in Charlottesville, Va., Schaub appeared before a magistrate judge, but no court date was set.

"This will not affect my ability to play for the Falcons," Schaub said after practice Monday.

According to a police report, a 19-year-old male named Marc Schottenger claimed that Schaub was one of three men who beat him up at approximately 1 a.m. Schottenger, the alleged victim, took out a warrant against all three, but Schaub was the only person he could identify.

Police Sgt. Stephen Upman said the other two men, who fled the scene, still have outstanding warrants.

Schaub, 23, traveled to Virginia during the Falcons' off week to attend the Cavaliers' 16-0 victory over Maryland. A third-round pick in the NFL draft nearly seven months ago, Schaub insisted that his lawyer advised him not to offer any details when speaking with reporters.

"I think once all the facts are sorted out, you'll find out that I'll be exonerated," Schaub said. "I can say this - I didn't do anything wrong. I didn't touch anyone. I didn't threaten to touch anyone."

http://savannahnow.com/stories/110804/2571491.shtml

As for Schottinger, "I had no idea who Matt Schaub was," Schottinger testified. That didn't prevent him from calling Schaub "Schwab."

"It was stupid," Schottinger admitted. He testified that a polo-wearing friend of Schaub's stood between the two men and that Schaub reached around "Pink Polo" and slapped Schottinger in the face.

"I kept saying the Schwab financial analyst thing, and he came around his friend again and tried to put me in a headlock," said Schottinger. "We stood there in disbelief."

According to Schottinger, the group encountered Schaub and his friend in the pink polo again in front of the Buffalo Wing Factory when they went back to retrieve another pal.

There, claimed Schottinger, "Schaub walked up to me and punched me in the mouth... And Pink Polo punched me in the cheek."

When Schottinger tried to call 911, he testified, the bouncer grabbed his phone twice and then punched him in the nose. Gushing blood, Schottinger flagged down a police officer. When Schottinger got out of the hospital, Schaub was the only alleged assailant he could identify, and he went to the magistrate and swore out a warrant.

http://www.readthehook.com/96493/news-acquitted-its-schaub-not-schwab

Didn't they run Tate, too? Need 1 yard so send in the guy with 4 broken ribs. Yeah, that makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is running a stretch play to pick up every 2-1, 3-1, 4-1. Run it up the gut every once in awhile for God's sake!

Not so fast! Lest we forget Flashdance Schaub He's a maniac!

http://savannahnow.com/stories/110804/2571491.shtml

http://www.readthehook.com/96493/news-acquitted-its-schaub-not-schwab

What doesn't make sense is running a stretch play to pick up every 2-1, 3-1, 4-1. Run it up the gut every once in awhile for God's sake!

I had no idea saved by the bell had a football episode starring screech?

No as far as the fight we know this mans claims are total bs. An arm swing by Schaub would mess up your hair but it wouldn't draw blood.

This secondary is wide open for the homerun ball every single time, even if the only concern is preventing an opponent from scoring instantly. You have to wonder about all this celebrated defensive coaching. Word must be getting around. A team with a QB who can throw deep will beat the Texans every time.

This secondary is wide open for the homerun ball every single time, even if the only concern is preventing an opponent from scoring instantly. You have to wonder about all this celebrated defensive coaching. Word must be getting around. A team with a QB who can throw deep will beat the Texans every time.
Yeah, giving up 158 YPG is horrible. QB's are just slinging it against us. Being 19th or so in the NFL against the run couldn't have anything to do with it.

Big pass plays have hurt us in pass D, as have penalties. Don't make it sound like QB's are feasting on our D. Don't ignore the fact that there have been 7 TD's given up between pick 6's, ST and fumbles. That's 42 points. The Texans have lost 3 games by a combined 7 points.

The defense definitely needs to be better, but it's not exactly Swiss cheese. Like the offense, they need to put together 4 quarters a game of good defense. It wouldn't hurt for the ST's to make some sort of positive splash besides Lechler dropping punts inside the 20.

Extremely. Several people have explained this to you when they really shouldn't have had to break it down that easily for you, but apparently you still aren't making the connection at all.

Write complete sentences much?

Please replace the photo of Duvall with Pee Wee Herman ... Thanks.

Back