Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Caserio Trades Mark Ingram

Texian

Hall of Fame
Breaks my heart? LMAO

Yes I believe in having afew vets around to show the young guys the ropes.

If Cooks is traded then the $$$$ will be off of the books. I bet Caserio eats some of the money to get the 2nd rd pick and I've got no issues with that because Caserio isn't going to need the cap space next yr anyways.
How quickly we forget. You were adamant and insisting they keep Cooks. So now you're agreeing with me? If he is traded this is just another File Clerk boneheaded FUBAR. Eating his salary they're already eating his $10MM in restructured bonus. Good Grief. I have never seen such ineptness from NFL GM.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
People talk of a plan..why bring him here, why carry 5 RB’s…now we might understand why. Ingram wasn’t on this roster at the beginning of the season and NC may have just at the dude as an asset that can flipped into something late in the season. What NC essentially did was flip Ingram for a draft pick. Someone might come a calling for Lindsay at the deadline too and NC can flip him as well.

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
Lol, for months all folks on here have done is speculate on trading some of our best players for draft picks, tanking and rebuilding. Then when it’s actually done, :pissed:.

I mean I liked Ingram, but he wasn’t long for this team’s future.
the only thing worth anger is the fact that Texans put up the time and energy signing of these "veteran leaders" and doing contract money dancing with underperforming already here types. Really it is all comedy, but the Texans seem to be full of non-funny jokes these days

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
the only thing worth anger is the fact that Texans put up the time and energy signing of these "veteran leaders" and doing contract money dancing with underperforming already here types. Really it is all comedy, but the Texans seem to be full of non-funny jokes these days
but why be angry about that? As futile as it may have been, An honest attempt was made to try to compete a little this year. But When you sit back and actually look at what damage may or may not have been done to this team’s future after all of NC’s moves for this year, you realize that nothing has been really lost, this move included.

Number19

Hall of Fame
Why isn't anyone asking who initiated the trade? If it were the Saints, we may get more than anticipated.

The Saints lost their #2 RB, Tony Jones several weeks ago, and have made moves to replace him. Last week they made inquiries about Indy RB Marlon Mack. So I'm suggesting New Orleans approached the Texans.

I'm finding the deal "includes a swap of late round picks". So, what is unanswered is, what else?

This actually is a good deal for Ingram, who is reuniting with Alvin Kamara. "At their peak, Ingram and Kamara were one of the best running back duos in NFL history...nicknamed Boom and Zoom"

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
but why be angry about that? As futile as it may have been, An honest attempt was made to try to compete a little this year. But When you sit back and actually look at what damage may or may not have been done to this team’s future after all of NC’s moves for this year, you realize that nothing has been really lost, this move included.
I am in it is all funny to me crowd, but I can see people who have spent lots of time and lots of money following this team, not liking the highly active, kinda expensive, low probably of success, wasted season. I get that reaction. I just want the angry dudes to continue to stay away so that I can buy better season tickets when I move back to the area in the next year or two.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
I think he's more likely to run into the backs of OLmen all game long with a cutback lane open to the side as he's been doing so far this season.
And dropping passes Hopkins would've caught?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I am in it is all funny to me crowd, but I can see people who have spent lots of time and lots of money following this team, not liking the highly active, kinda expensive, low probably of success, wasted season. I get that reaction. I just want the angry dudes to continue to stay away so that I can buy better season tickets when I move back to the area in the next year or two.
I can’t get mad at them. They’ve pretty much done what I would have done at every turn (except extending Mercilus).

Caserio thought he was going to turn Watson. Starting with no money he built a team that the 2020 Watson could have competed for the division (my story & im sticking to it).

Watson wasn’t having it. They got Tyrod. Not likely to win the division but we would have seen a competitive team.

Taylor got hurt rookie shows he’s worth some time, but we’re 1-6. Trade deadline is coming up. Time to move forward.

I know it’s not likely, but I’d hold on to DJ until after the trade deadline. If I can’t get anything for him (which I’m pretty sure I won’t) I will straight up cut him.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Caserio thought he was going to turn Watson. Starting with no money he built a team that the 2020 Watson could have competed for the division (my story & im sticking to it).
The hiring of the File Clerk is what drove DW4 to a point of no return. Your Kool Aid consumption is excessive.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
How quickly we forget. You were adamant and insisting they keep Cooks. So now you're agreeing with me? If he is traded this is just another File Clerk boneheaded FUBAR. Eating his salary they're already eating his $10MM in restructured bonus. Good Grief. I have never seen such ineptness from NFL GM.
I wont be disappointed if Caserio keeps or trades Cooks.

Like I've said many times the cap space and eating his bonus doesn't matter at all since the Texans wont be players in FA for a couple of yrs anyways.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!

Like I've said many times the cap space and eating his bonus doesn't matter at all since the Texans wont be players in FA for a couple of yrs anyways.
I dont think they will ever be players in fa when players got a choice. I mean if you can get anything for Ingram, that's cool. I wish it was DJ going out the door. Not going to complain, just do what should've been done at 1st.

Texian

Hall of Fame

This is not monopoly money.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
This is not monopoly money.
Thanks for reminding me Cal. I really dont care how Caserio spends your money right now. You hired Caserio so the money must not matter to you at this moment. Talk to me in 2024 and we can have this discussion if the cap is an issue.

There's a cap and as long as you stay within it this doesn't really matter. Now in 3 yrs your thinking hopefully will matter.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Wow. Looking at Cooks' Twitter page, it was full of inspirational quotes and religious references. Then today, he posted this tweet? I think the Texans finally broke Cooks and he now realizes the Texans are going to give him a headache worst than any concussion.
So much for veteran leadership.

Not to mention the guys on IR and guys not dressing for games like Britt and Cannon.
Invaluable. :brando: :hankpalm:

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Talk to me in 2024 and we can have this discussion if the cap is an issue.

There's a cap and as long as you stay within it this doesn't really matter. Now in 3 yrs your thinking hopefully will matter.
I can't remember for sure, but didn't you and MrTex kept telling me that a turn-around can be done sooner when we discuss Kubiak vs. OB?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I can't remember for sure, but didn't you and MrTex kept telling me that a turn-around can be done sooner when we discuss Kubiak vs. OB?
I'm sure you dont remember.

I'm not following what you're trying to say in this post.

Are you comparing the failed Kubiak rebuild to the failed BOB rebuild to the current Caserio rebuild, which will really begin in earnest this offseason.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
I'm sure you dont remember.

I'm not following what you're trying to say in this post.

Are you comparing the failed Kubiak rebuild to the failed BOB rebuild to the current Caserio rebuild, which will really begin in earnest this offseason.
2-14 twice vs 4-12 this time.
Watson will net more than it cost to draft him.

So yeah, shouldn't NC be on the clock next year?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
2-14 twice vs 4-12 this time.
Watson will net more than it cost to draft him.

So yeah, shouldn't NC be on the clock next year?
Good God

Just awful

Lets 1st find a QB then we can talk. I dont expect them to find a QB in next yrs draft. I'm starting to like Zappe as a sleeper QB.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Good God

Just awful

Lets 1st find a QB then we can talk. I dont expect them to find a QB in next yrs draft. I'm starting to like Zappe as a sleeper QB.
So it doesn't start until year 4 if it takes that long with BOB? He's on the clock as soon as he jumped off the plane imo. We've seen turn around happen quicker ,not when you choose a qb. I'm pulling for him, I just think having Esterby associated with him in Houston is a detriment. I think not forcing Watson to play is detrimental also.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
So it doesn't start until year 4 if it takes that long with BOB? He's on the clock as soon as he jumped off the plane imo. We've seen turn around happen quicker ,not when you choose a qb. I'm pulling for him, I just think having Esterby associated with him in Houston is a detriment. I think not forcing Watson to play is detrimental also.
Hope you're wrong.

If you forced Derrick to play, he would just fake an injury. Ramsey style

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Did Kubiak have a QB?
Did OB have a QB for that matter?
Schaub was actually looking pretty good till his injury. After that there wasn’t much Kubiak could do with him.

OB not having a QB was partly his fault because he wanted big arm guys like Mallet, who had the touch of a sledge hammer and Hoyer who is still in therapy showing where the bad defense touched him.

Even the guy he drafted and had ride the bench for three years looked like he’d never even seen the playbook his first game. I’m not saying anyone could have made Savage good but after 3 years if OB could judge QB talent at all he should have known that Savage was horrible and been moving on.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
it can be. Just b/c we flipped a RB that wasn’t long for this teams future anyway doesn’t change that.

I’m not in the camp you’re linking me with Steelb. For me The turnaround/rebuild under NC started when he took over & I look at the sum total of his moves as overall good. Got rid of some bad contracts and players. Obviously not a complete purge like we all wanted, but nothing has really been lost by not doing that all this year. He also looks to have had a decent draft ……..with what he had to work with. & he has positioned us next year with good cap space to work with and some young talent to build on…although we need to add on to that…& the upcoming draft can help with that.

Last edited:

Texian

Hall of Fame
Yes and I’m sure the 20+ women had nothing to do with it, but sure you keep thinking it was Caserio being hired. Did a guy in a Patriots jersey run over your dog or something?
No, it was DW4 tweet right after the File Clerk hiring was announced, "Some things never change" and his demand to be traded immediately following. The abysmal history of failure for Belichick assistants is only one reason for my skepticism. However it is the the File Clerk's 10 month history and his unorthodox record of handling signings, contracts, trades and the draft that has left me bewildered and expecting the worse. The current brand of Kool Aid is having a dramatic effect on short term memory loss on the Brigade. :)

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
No, it was DW4 tweet right after the File Clerk hiring was announced, "Some things never change" and his demand to be traded immediately following. The abysmal history of failure for Belichick assistants is only one reason for my skepticism. However it is the the File Clerk's 10 month history and his unorthodox record of handling signings, contracts, trades and the draft that has left me bewildered and expecting the worse. The current brand of Kool Aid is having a dramatic effect on short term memory loss on the Brigade. :)
Lies!

You didn’t like Caserio from the beginning because it wasn’t a guy you approved of.

Because you are an expert.

Because you played QB in high school.

Lol.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Thanks for reminding me Cal. I really dont care how Caserio spends your money right now. You hired Caserio so the money must not matter to you at this moment. Talk to me in 2024 and we can have this discussion if the cap is an issue.

Classic example of a lack of attention to details and an absence of any short or long term planning. FAILURE to PREPARE is giving us the PISS POOR PERFORMANCE that we are all to familiar with. The same performance today that you've been familiar with since 2010, ONLY WORSE!

Jack Burton

Veteran
Lol, for months all folks on here have done is speculate on trading some of our best players for draft picks, tanking and rebuilding. Then when it’s actually done, :pissed:.

I mean I liked Ingram, but he wasn’t long for this team’s future.
Oh, I wouldn’t expect anything less from the peanut gallery here who are nailing themselves to a tree on a daily basis in protest of anything the team does.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Oh, I wouldn’t expect anything less from the peanut gallery here who are nailing themselves to a tree on a daily basis in protest of anything the team does.
Actually Caserio's lack of respect has been earned every day every month, the File Clerk did this all on own:

The Texans had the first HC opening and were the last to fill. Caserio's very first decision was to hire David Culley.

One of the first things Caserio did as Texans GM was to create $25MM in DEAD MONEY.

The result of taking a hatchet to the roster without thinking it through created not having enough money to fill out the 2021 roster.

In order to create enough money (restructuring every contract that could be restructured) Caserio had to borrow over $30MM from 2022 and 2023 to sign enough players to complete the 2021 roster.

He compounded the money mismanagement by signing players like David Johnson to $6MM contract.

In order to sign enough players, Caserio had to sign players at the end of their careers (looking for another NFL paycheck) to 1 and 2 year contracts to have enough money for a 53 man roster.

In essence he shuffled the chairs on the Titanic and it cost him $55MM to do it. $25MM in dead money and $30MM in restructuring.

In the process of all of this Caserio used draft picks to trade for four players that were cut. Players who would've been cut by the previous teams.

He started the draft with 8 picks, used an additional 2 picks from 2022 to draft 5 players.

As a result of Caserio's 2021 decisions he has also created $15MM in Dead Money in 2022. The 2022 salary cap is also $12MM less from 2021 restructuring. When you factor in additional dead money needed to trade Watson, cut Cunningham that's another $26MM subtracted from 2022 cap.

The 2022 salary cap begins with $56MM less than the full amount because of Caserio decisions.

The 2022 roster begins with 25 signed players. The projected Texans salary cap space to begin 2022 is $56MM. That's $56MM to sign 28 players to fill a 53 man roster.

Now I ask you, what makes you think that Caserio will be any different in 2022 than he was in 2021 when Nick has already said they plan to stay the course and keep doing what they have been doing?

IMO I think you can expect more of the same. The File Clerk being The File Clerk. Filling the 2022 roster will be more difficult and more expensive than the 2021 roster.