Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Carr/Dolphins getting serious

Hulk please tell David I said good luck. He may not have had the success I wanted him to have but he displayed true Christianity while he played in Houston. Others may not think much of that but I for one do.

Let him know I will always be thankful when he beat The Cowboys in our first game ever, and nothing can erase the fact that he is my first rookie card in my collection of our 1st round picks and I was blessed to get his autograph.

As for the deal to Miami, I have a feeling Mcnair is giving David a chance to speak up because we eat 2 mil either way.

My sources tell me the Dolphins will finalize the trade for Trent Green. The Fins will then swap picks with the Redskins and select JaMarcus Russell at No. 6. The Redskins will select Alan Branch at No. 9. The Dolphins will then groom Russell behind Green for a year, so that leaves Carr out of the picture. Carr won't be content being a backup for the rest of his career.

If Carr becomes a free agent then they may not get him. He might elect to play somewhere else for reasons of his own. Trading for him means there's no question about whether or not he's yours.
Not so, because Carr has de facto power to nix any trade the Texans make involving him to another team. All he has to do is refuse to renegotiate the existing terms of his contract with his new suitor, because no one seriously beliefs that any team would assume his contract in its present form.

A lower offer? Like what?--hearty thanks. That's a fifty point move--supposedly equivalent to a late 4th round pick. I think I'd rather have the 4th.

I would take that.

A 9 is worth more than a 10. Hopefuly the Texans move down and we could make up that 50 points with another team.

Say maybe to the Bronoco's for there third and fourth, or second and fourth.

Increasing the value of the Texans first pick may be the only thing we can get for Carr at this point.

My sources tell me the Dolphins will finalize the trade for Trent Green. The Fins will then swap picks with the Redskins and select JaMarcus Russell at No. 6. The Redskins will select Alan Branch at No. 9. The Dolphins will then groom Russell behind Green for a year, so that leaves Carr out of the picture. Carr won't be content being a backup for the rest of his career.

Nooo! Who are these sources that have you so confused?

Plus there is no way Russel would last to 6.

And even if he DID, the new Dolphins regime doesnt like the big strong armed raw talent. They are looking for an accurate, WCO guy. Hence the dump Culpepper move

I am reading that the Dolphins are in serious discussions with Texans about David Carr. Perhaps the Trent Green interest is waning in recent days...maybe recent hours is more appropriate.

Looks like Culpepper is not going to be back with the Dolphins. That's the vibe I'm getting. Take it for what it is worth. We have a GM now in Randy Meuller. He's a number guy and also very rational. He knows it makes no sense to Pay Culpepper 50 million over the next 5 years. I think thus far he and Cameron have been working very well together.

That leaves us with just one QB...Cleo Lemon.

I think we will know something as soon as today, but I think Dolphin/Texans negotians are somewhat "advanced" at this point.

I guess we will go into camp with a Carr/Lemon battle for the starting job, and perhaps we'll draft a QB to have waiting in the wings. Culpepper might end up in Oakland???

The one caveat to all this is that the Dolphins are using the discussions about Carr as a bluff to try to get Trent Green to redo his contract and come to the Dolphins??

:rofl: no pun intended right?

I haven't seen any indication that Russell won't be a top 3 pick. If the Raiders pass on him and take Johnson, who will be their quarterback?

Señor Stan;638124 said:
I haven't seen any indication that Russell won't be a top 3 pick. If the Raiders pass on him and take Johnson, who will be their quarterback?

David Carr.....:dance2:

Russell will never make it past #3, so good luck with your "sources".

Could you please give me any reason whatsoever to trust your credibility and hence your "sources" credibility. I mean seriously, you come in here with 20ish posts, claiming that your "sources" are telling you exactly who the Skins and Dolphins will select like it's a forgone conclusion.
IMO, if you actually were someone, and actually had real sources, your blog might have an ad or two... I know I'd certainly want to make some income from the valuable information I had cultivated if I were you...

In one of your own posts on another MB, you even state "The top 2 players in this draft by far are JaMarcus Russell and Calvin Johnson"

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070309/SPORTS01/703090389/1049/SPORTS01

Now all of a sudden Russell drops to six despite their being at least three teams above that in serious need of a QB...

My guess, after looking at a few of your various posts at several message boards, is that you are trying to drum up traffic for your blog... after all, it just about every single case you either mention your blog, or have it in your sig...

You got me, though... I added to your daily traffic.

Why don't you look at it this way...

Q. When is the best time to look for a new job?

A. When you are currently employed. If you are desperate for a job what leverage do you have in salary negotiations?

Carr's current contract is a deal breaker. No one will want to pay that kind of money.

Let's say Miami wants him and is willing to give us something in return, However, they stipulate his contract must be renegotiated (which is a pretty safe bet in any trade deal with him).

Carr has a choice here...

1. Sign a new deal and accept the trade.

or

2. Refuse to sign and kill the deal.

He does not have to renegotiate at all.

If he gets cut...

1. He will be unemployed.

2. He will no longer be under contract.

3. He will be needing a job.

Teams will know this. Do you think they will make their best offer knowing he has a house payment to pay and no income?

The best time to look for a new job is when you don't NEED one, not when you're employed. For most people, those two things are synonymous but not for Carr. He doesn't need a job. Guy has millions. He can afford to wait.

Everyone can come and offer him a deal. He can choose which deal he wants. That's leverage.

He also doesn't NEED a job so he can wait until some team has a bunch of injuries at the QB position and then he can sign mid-season for more money than if he signs now. He's got all the options right now. He could end up with a much bigger deal than if he had restructured his current contract and been traded AND he could end up with a better team.

He can choose to go to a team for very little money if he thinks that team gives him the best chance to succeed. Or he can wait it out and look for the biggest pay-day.

lol

Dolphins | Carr may be better option
Fri, 23 Mar 2007 15:50:36 -0700

Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports the Miami Dolphins are interested in unrestricted free-agent QB David Carr (Texans), who may be a better option than trading for Kansas City Chiefs QB Trent Green. Carr would not cost the Dolphins any compensation and he is nine years younger than Green.

The best time to look for a new job is when you don't NEED one, not when you're employed. For most people, those two things are synonymous but not for Carr. He doesn't need a job. Guy has millions. He can afford to wait.

Everyone can come and offer him a deal. He can choose which deal he wants. That's leverage.

He also doesn't NEED a job so he can wait until some team has a bunch of injuries at the QB position and then he can sign mid-season for more money than if he signs now. He's got all the options right now. He could end up with a much bigger deal than if he had restructured his current contract and been traded AND he could end up with a better team.

He can choose to go to a team for very little money if he thinks that team gives him the best chance to succeed. Or he can wait it out and look for the biggest pay-day.

Well thought out post that shows your intelligence.

Carr and Capers reunion, huh? Well, at least if it went down this time, Carr wouldn't have to worry about Capers being the head coach.

Back