Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Cal McNair...

Gotta check this interview from earlier today with Cal McNair out. He’s not as clueless as many might think he is. In fact, I have some new found respect for the guy...

I listened to the Cal interview on 610 yesterday. Sadly for Texans fans Cal is a bigger problem than O'Brien and Easterby. Cal basically said they would go back to doing what they have always done in finding a new GM and HC. Said he already has been in discussion with the search firm. Unfortunately no self respecting high profile winning GM or HC is going to be a part of the dumpster fire on Kirby Dr. The Kirby boardroom collective mentality is kryptonite to any highly successful candidates. The cupboard is bare, salary cap is a mess, another fine McNair recipe for average and ordinary. Cal's knowledge and expertise is far below that of Dad. Expect another HC with no HC experience. At this point the best hope for Texans fans is pure luck and possibly catching lightning in a bottle. I don't think Peyton would touch it. Best option at this point is convince Eliot Wolf to take the GM job and then get out of his way.

I listened to the Cal interview on 610 yesterday. Sadly for Texans fans Cal is a bigger problem than O'Brien and Easterby. Cal basically said they would go back to doing what they have always done in finding a new GM and HC. Said he already has been in discussion with the search firm. Unfortunately no self respecting high profile winning GM or HC is going to be a part of the dumpster fire on Kirby Dr. The Kirby boardroom collective mentality is kryptonite to any highly successful candidates. The cupboard is bare, salary cap is a mess, another fine McNair recipe for average and ordinary. Cal's knowledge and expertise is far below that of Dad. Expect another HC with no HC experience. At this point the best hope for Texans fans is pure luck and possibly catching lightning in a bottle. I don't think Peyton would touch it. Best option at this point is convince Eliot Wolf to take the GM job and then get out of his way.

Yep. The "interview" only confirmed my gut. He's part of the fundamental problem on Kirby. It was too much to ask to put a real reporter in the room to ask the serious questions.

And now installing Easterby as "interim" GM just perpetuates the inept vibes that emanate from the Texans front office.

Hiring someone like Wolf would start to change my mind, but like you said, a lot of folks are not going to want anything to do with the current situation and how the Texans traditionally run their business. Then add in Easterby overlooking every shoulder with his platitude preaching happy thoughts, and it dwindles the potential hiring pool even smaller.

Gotta check this interview from earlier today with Cal McNair out. He’s not as clueless as many might think he is. In fact, I have some new found respect for the guy...

Thanks for the post Mangler, but I still can't let McNair off of the hook for the stunningly disproportionate value they got for Hopkins in the trade with the Cards.
We all know the consideration received for Hopkins vs. his contract issues with the Texans were unrelated, independent of each other and if McNair doesn't then guaranteed he is as clueless as some might think.

Yep. The "interview" only confirmed my gut. He's part of the fundamental problem on Kirby. It was too much to ask to put a real reporter in the room to ask the serious questions.

And now installing Easterby as "interim" GM just perpetuates the inept vibes that emanate from the Texans front office.

Hiring someone like Wolf would start to change my mind, but like you said, a lot of folks are not going to want anything to do with the current situation and how the Texans traditionally run their business. Then add in Easterby overlooking every shoulder with his platitude preaching happy thoughts, and it dwindles the potential hiring pool even smaller.
Houston you've a McNair problem.

Back