Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Bring Back Brett!!!!

It's the topic of discussion, thats why. Also, he retired this year, so he must've thought it was time, no?
Do you think that 12 mill remaining on his contract had something to do with him having second thoughts? I do. It's really no one else's concern but his.

By this post your saying that last year was all luck I don't think so.

You're missing the point It goes beyond his stats. That was the last year they were ever a real serious contender & brett was still the brett from 95 - 97; a difference maker.

Not taking anything away from him, he's had a great career, but it's time for him to hang em' up. Last year was about the best case scenario for him to get his 2nd ring; Home field advantage, solid defense, great talent on offense, he's just not the difference maker he once was. These days, he's just as likely to throw an INT as he is to throw a TD.

These days, he's just as likely to throw an INT as he is to throw a TD.

He had the 3rd highest QB rating of his career and missed 2nd by .1. He also approached 2 TD's for every INT which is a bang up year for him. He can still play.

He had the 3rd highest QB rating of his career and missed 2nd by .1. He also approached 2 TD's for every INT which is a bang up year for him. He can still play.

Yep. Out of the last 6 seasons, he thrown atleast 10 more TD then INT in 4 of those seasons, with a 61+ completion rate; including last season.

The reason he retired, I guess, was to spend more time with his family. He's been in the league 17 years, and you only get like 2 or 3 months off during the whole year. Even when your on your time off, you still have to exercise and train to stay in shape. So retiring was a way to get time off and spent it with his wife and kids, who is 18 and 9 each.

You're missing the point It goes beyond his stats. That was the last year they were ever a real serious contender & brett was still the brett from 95 - 97; a difference maker.

Not taking anything away from him, he's had a great career, but it's time for him to hang em' up. Last year was about the best case scenario for him to get his 2nd ring; Home field advantage, solid defense, great talent on offense, he's just not the difference maker he once was. These days, he's just as likely to throw an INT as he is to throw a TD.

You state that last year was a best case scenario for a second ring, but the reasons you list (Solid defense, great talent on offense) aren't going to change next year - if anything, the experience gained from the '07 season may enhance their chances in '08.

The Packers look like a team on the rise, and were the youngest team in the league last year. Almost nobody picked them to even make the playoffs, yet Brett led them to a 13-3 record and NFC homefield advantage in the playoffs. Saying he wasn't a difference maker might only be focusing on the things you choose to focus on.

Does the following look like any windows of opportunity are closing regarding a 2nd Super Bowl ring?

-Each team's average age is based upon its opening-day roster. A look at the five youngest teams in 2007:

Team: Average Age
Green Bay: 26 years, 89 days
Indianapolis: 26 years, 91 days
N.Y. Giants: 26 years, 190 days
Dallas: 26 years, 197 days
Carolina: 26 years, 252 days

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2008/01/02/3/

I'm not even saying he can't play anymore although it's clear to me that the thing that made him special is gone & in that regard I think he should hang them up b/c i hate to see guys tarnish their careers.

All i'm saying is Aaron Rodgers is getting screwed b/c of all this & i'd be pissed off if i were him.

I'm not even saying he can't play anymore although it's clear to me that the thing that made him special is gone & in that regard I think he should hang them up b/c i hate to see guys tarnish their careers.

All i'm saying is Aaron Rodgers is getting screwed b/c of all this & i'd be pissed off if i were him.
Rogers isn't really getting screwed he should ask to be traded and we all could see that GB hasn't really seen much in him.

You state that last year was a best case scenario for a second ring, but the reasons you list (Solid defense, great talent on offense) aren't going to change next year - if anything, the experience gained from the '07 season may enhance their chances in '08.

The Packers look like a team on the rise, and were the youngest team in the league last year. Almost nobody picked them to even make the playoffs, yet Brett led them to a 13-3 record and NFC homefield advantage in the playoffs. Saying he wasn't a difference maker might only be focusing on the things you choose to focus on.

Does the following look like any windows of opportunity are closing regarding a 2nd Super Bowl ring?

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2008/01/02/3/

2 int's against the giants in last years playoffs & a rating of 70
4 int's against the vikings with a rating of 55 - 04'
the game losing int in overtime against Philly in with a rating of 83 - 03'
2 ints against ATL with a rating of 54 - 02'
6 ints against STL with a rating of 53 in 01'

& these are just ints, not even counting fumbles & things like that.

In years past his "it" factor i guess you could say would've been enough to overcome that, not so much these days b/c he just doesn't have that anymore. Furthermore the packers haven't really been considered a contender since about 2001 & as good as their record was last year, they weren't considered one either.

Yep. Out of the last 6 seasons, he thrown atleast 10 more TD then INT in 4 of those seasons, with a 61+ completion rate; including last season.

The reason he retired, I guess, was to spend more time with his family. He's been in the league 17 years, and you only get like 2 or 3 months off during the whole year. Even when your on your time off, you still have to exercise and train to stay in shape. So retiring was a way to get time off and spent it with his wife and kids, who is 18 and 9 each.

There have been many different rumors with many different scenarios, but a few of the rumors have stated it's his family urging him to play.

Whether that's true or not, who the heck knows?? :gun:

Rogers isn't really getting screwed he should ask to be traded and we all could see that GB hasn't really seen much in him.

They obviously saw enough in him to annoint him as the starter this year.

If they didn't see much in him he'd have been gone IMO 1-2 years ago IMO. It's just the mere fact that he's playing behind a legend........the legend that doesn't miss games & GB's front office doesn't want to offend him. He's getting screwed by favre stringing things along & chain yanking..

I think it is media BS but just in case...

Dear My Brett Favre,
You know I love you and all, but I just can't go through all of this drama. You have been stringing me along for a couple years...making me hang on every word you said in the spring, hoping and hoping that you would say Yes...clinging to hope and being emotionally toyed with to the point I am exhausted. You said you were done, I shed my tears and have tried to move on...knowing that in my heart you will always be at Lambeau in my dreams.

Now don't come back and put me through this again. I can only take so much. I am sure you understand, please retire and enjoy the rest of your life. If you come back, I am your girl but please bear in mind I have reached the threshold of my tolerance to your behavior. The end has to be the end...its not a maybe. Make up your mind!

Your fan forever (unless you don't quit this crap),
FILOgirl

That's kinda been my thinking throughout this thread.... :gun:

No way! We will avenge that OT loss from a few years ago! :fans: :texflag:

Personally, I think he should stay retired, but I would not have any problem if he did decide to come back for another year. I'm just a bit surprised at the venom displayed towards one of pro football's most enjoyable superstars (both on the field and off). It's not like he's even in our division! jeesh

They obviously saw enough in him to annoint him as the starter this year.

If they didn't see much in him he'd have been gone IMO 1-2 years ago IMO. It's just the mere fact that he's playing behind a legend........the legend that doesn't miss games & GB's front office doesn't want to offend him. He's getting screwed by favre stringing things along & chain yanking..
I disagree. Does it really effect us all if he does come back? Not really. Who cares? I'm done.

I disagree. Does it really effect us all if he does come back? Not really. Who cares? I'm done.

Dude, the topic is in the NFL section, not the Texans section. This is the topic, we're discussing it. NFL section doesn't have to be RELATED to the Texans.

No way! We will avenge that OT loss from a few years ago! :fans: :texflag:

Personally, I think he should stay retired, but I would not have any problem if he did decide to come back for another year. I'm just a bit surprised at the venom displayed towards one of pro football's most enjoyable superstars (both on the field and off). It's not like he's even in our division! jeesh

I wouldn't have a problem if he came back either, i'm just tired of all the drama that's been going on for 4 years straight. You're in or you're out. That competitive nature doesn't ever leave you, especially if you've done what he's done on that level. Ask Dan Marino & alot of the other greats that left, it's just something you've gotta find a substitute for & he's gotta understand that.

Dude, the topic is in the NFL section, not the Texans section. This is the topic, we're discussing it. NFL section doesn't have to be RELATED to the Texans.
I understand. How does this effect our personal life? It doesn't.

I understand. How does this effect our personal life? It doesn't.

Well, how does football overall effect our personal life. Texans is our favorite team so it should effect our personal life right? But how about if people are *gasp* fan of the NFL overall. Texans or not, the NFL is just entertainment. It'll effect your life if you let it.(by putting alot of time into it, on MB, looking for NFL news, etc.).

It must be effecting their life, if they're putting the time and effort to discuss this situation.

Well, how does football overall effect our personal life. Texans is our favorite team so it should effect our personal life right? But how about if people are *gasp* fan of the NFL overall. Texans or not, the NFL is just entertainment. It'll effect your life if you let it.(by putting alot of time into it, on MB, looking for NFL news, etc.).

It must be effecting their life, if they're putting the time and effort to discuss this situation.
True, but do we as fans loose or gain anything out of it? Let the man play.

My only criteria for judging this whole "should Brett play or no" is does he make the games more fun to watch for the NFL fans? That would be a resounding YES.

I'm not necessarily a Pack fan but the whole league is just more fun when Brett plays.

My only criteria for judging this whole "should Brett play or no" is does he make the games more fun to watch for the NFL fans? That would be a resounding YES.

I'm not necessarily a Pack fan but the whole league is just more fun when Brett plays.
Agree.

Farve's family dislikes him as much as The Packer Organization does;

GB: Retire spend time with your family;
Family: Go play another year, leave us alone.

Hmm....

Farve's family dislikes him as much as The Packer Organization does;

GB: Retire spend time with your family;
Family: Go play another year, leave us alone.

Hmm....
All this hate for a guy like Brett.

All this hate for a guy like Brett.

Pretty much. If your going to leave - leave.

I use to like him until he started going through this crap every year. When does he start thinking about the the toll it takes on his teammates, the organization and it's fans.

We clearly see him in different light.

I use to like him until he started going through this crap every year. When does he start thinking about the the toll it takes on his teammates, the organization and it's fans.

It's fans? The fans in GB seem to want him to come back.

Oh God; My worst nightmare (pure unfounded speculation).

Ravens, Texans, Bucs among finer fits for Favre; Link:

Houston Texans: This could be a sleeper team. The Texans are on the verge of good things, but they are not exactly settled at quarterback. Sage Rosenfels is waiting in the wings should Matt Schaub have issues. If Favre were available, then Texans coach Gary Kubiak, a quarterback lover, would be tempted.

Brett's Rookie Card

favre_rookircard.jpg

:joker:

Maybe, he could just play the home games and not travel.

Sincerely,

Roger Clemens

Brett's Rookie Card

:joker:

Interesting note about that picture. That's not actually his rookie card. That's the photo used on it but it's not the card itself. The cards are very rare and hard to find which has led to a big misconception. Favre didn't come into the league as an Atlanta Falcon as most people believe. He actually came into the league as a Muncie Flyer. Some bum sportswriter got his facts wrong and most people just picked up on it. Even the league lists Favre's first team as the Falcons but honestly, it was so long ago nobody remembers the truth.

Here's what the real rookie card looked like.

favre_rookircard.gif

Interesting note about that picture. That's not actually his rookie card. That's the photo used on it but it's not the card itself. The cards are very rare and hard to find which has led to a big misconception. Favre didn't come into the league as an Atlanta Falcon as most people believe. He actually came into the league as a Muncie Flyer. Some bum sportswriter got his facts wrong and most people just picked up on it. Even the league lists Favre's first team as the Falcons but honestly, it was so long ago nobody remembers the truth.

Here's what the real rookie card looked like.

favre_rookircard.gif

:tiphat: Well done! How much is it worth? It has to be up there with the Honus Wagner rookie card.

Back