Not open for further replies.

Mangler

Toro de España
Hometown:
Pearl River, New York.

High school:
Don Bosco Prep

College attended:
University of Maine, where he played Tight End.

Career stints:
  • New York Jets, Scout from 99-04.
  • Dallas Cowboys, Dir of Pro Scouts from 05-07.
  • Miami Dolphins, Asst Dir of Pro Personnel from 08-10.
  • Miami Dolphins, Director of Player Personnel for 2011.
  • Miami Dolphins, Asst GM from 12-13
  • Houston Texans, Dir of Player Personnel.
  • Buffalo Bills, Vice President of Player Personnel for 2017
  • Houston Texans, GM from 2018-present.

Now that he’s officially the new General Manager of the Houston Texans, I hereby welcome him and wish him the best of luck. He will need it the way the franchise is structured, according to most of you.

Anyway, feel free to b*tch about him being the new GM, welcome him, or tell us how to feel about the guy here. (Not that it’ll change anything)

Last edited:

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Well, we shall see. I wonder how instrumental he was in the Bills’ turnaround though?
Couldn't have been too instrumental. He didn't get there until sometime in May, right? That was after the draft and FA.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Brian Gaine let it be known that the upcoming draft is a collaborative effort with O’Brien and Gaine shared a clear vision on O’Brien's role concerning personnel. The Texans will continue to allow the coaching staff to be part of the evaluation process leading up the draft. That means they will help interview, grade, and work out players. That information, along with what the scouts will put together, provides a clearer picture heading into the draft.

Gaine discussed a key step in the process.

“….And then as we move through our meetings in February and April, it’ll be my job and Coach (Bill) O’Brien’s job to consensus build that information and the evaluation process so that when we put a grade on a guy, we put a ranking on a player, that’s a Texans grade, that’s not a coaching grade, that’s not a personnel department grade, that’s a Texans grade.”

It appears that O’Brien will be working with Gaine to build the draft board heading to the NFL Draft. That part of O’Brien’s job duties was never revealed before or whether he even had that duty with the previous general manager. Either way, O’Brien is going to have a heavy hand in helping Gaine build the organization’s draft board.

There was plenty of chatter regarding the new direction of the team but also some concern that Gaine is nothing more than a “yes” man to O’Brien. There is a clear connection at the hip with O’Brien and this will be a clear extension of O’Brien’s vision for the team.

https://scout.com/nfl/texans/Articl...an-Gaines-Opening-Press-Conference--113863075

dwight pugoy

Waterboy
Interesting this Gaine fellow.

Seems to say the right things. Seems to be in touch with the current state of football as he ranked the QB over the O-line as priority.

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame

It appears that O’Brien will be working with Gaine to build the draft board heading to the NFL Draft. That part of O’Brien’s job duties was never revealed before or whether he even had that duty with the previous general manager. Either way, O’Brien is going to have a heavy hand in helping Gaine build the organization’s draft board.

There was plenty of chatter regarding the new direction of the team but also some concern that Gaine is nothing more than a “yes” man to O’Brien. There is a clear connection at the hip with O’Brien and this will be a clear extension of O’Brien’s vision for the team.

https://scout.com/nfl/texans/Articl...an-Gaines-Opening-Press-Conference--113863075
Just inexplicable.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
“….And then as we move through our meetings in February and April, it’ll be my job and Coach (Bill) O’Brien’s job to consensus build that information and the evaluation process so that when we put a grade on a guy, we put a ranking on a player, that’s a Texans grade, that’s not a coaching grade, that’s not a personnel department grade, that’s a Texans grade.”
A "Texans grade". Wow they are going to brand it, an maybe even go legal with it, you know trademark it.
OK so not a coaching grade, not a personnel department grade, that’s a Texans grade.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Brian Gaine let it be known that the upcoming draft is a collaborative effort with O’Brien and Gaine shared a clear vision on O’Brien's role concerning personnel. The Texans will continue to allow the coaching staff to be part of the evaluation process leading up the draft. That means they will help interview, grade, and work out players. That information, along with what the scouts will put together, provides a clearer picture heading into the draft.

Atleast now we have a better idea of what responsibilities everybody has.

Unless, as Cak says, everybody is lying and just BSing the media who are just a bunch of hacks the fans etc............

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
A "Texans grade". Wow they are going to brand it, an maybe even go legal with it, you know trademark it.
OK so not a coaching grade, not a personnel department grade, that’s a Texans grade.
They are grading themselves by W-L's which is how is should be. Using this grading system they will probably get a D or F next yr. Give them a couple of yrs then judge them since last yrs Texans grade was 4-12 due to injuries/depth/lack of talent.

zshawn10

All Pro
Well, we shall see. I wonder how instrumental he was in the Bills’ turnaround though?
From this transcript:

Luckily, this past fall, my responsibilities when I was with the Bills was heavily involved with the pre-draft process. So, I’ve seen a very good amount of prospects right now as it relates to our draft board. So, I feel like I’m ahead of the game in that regard. Physically seeing the players, I think, is critically important, too, because ultimately the draft is a projection business. So, you’re looking at young men that might be 21, 22, 23 years old and you’re trying to project what they can be down the road for you at age 24, 25, 26. So, seeing players physically certainly is impactful as it relates to the evaluation. This week, especially these three weeks where we can physically see these players in competitive environments at the NFLPA, the East West game, at the Senior Bowl next week, we’re going to have a very unique circumstance for ourselves because we’re coaching in it. So, in terms of accessibility and getting to know the players and scouting these guys, physically is one thing, but equally the interview process is critically important. Facing up with these guys to know exactly what their football character is, what their personalities are like, what their personal character’s like and to get to know these guys in a different way rather than just doing a school visit.”

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Cancer isn't contagious..........would not explain why Cal couldn't find 15 minutes to support the new GM.
One explanation could be a simple lack of class.

Another explanation could be Gaine is keeping Ricky's seat warm.

Yet another could be that Enos has been acting as a defacto GM for yrs.

Of course it also could be that Enos could be busy licking Boss Hogg's boots.

Any number of things.

Perki-Perk

DieHard Texan!

The bolded part is exactly what you want. Clear vision. Coach should know who will fit his philosophy. After a couple years of BOB and Gaine, we should know whether or not O'Brien fully has what it takes. If we aren't deep in the playoffs and true contenders by 2020, then it's time to move on from them both. No more butting heads between front office and coaching staff, get the guys you think fit your system and implement the system. With Watson, Hopkins, Fuller, Ellington Miller, Foreman and number 89 (name slips my mind), the offense should be set outside of Oline which will hopefully be high priority this year. Next year we need to address the secondary and get someone in here ready to replace a couple of key guys on the front 7. If Watt, Merci, Clowney, Cole, Cunningham, McKinney and the likes can put up the pressure, we won't need to worry too much about secondary in the upcoming year which is why I place priority on Oline.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
The bolded part is exactly what you want. Clear vision. Coach should know who will fit his philosophy. After a couple years of BOB and Gaine, we should know whether or not O'Brien fully has what it takes. If we aren't deep in the playoffs and true contenders by 2020, then it's time to move on from them both. No more butting heads between front office and coaching staff, get the guys you think fit your system and implement the system. With Watson, Hopkins, Fuller, Ellington Miller, Foreman and number 89 (name slips my mind), the offense should be set outside of Oline which will hopefully be high priority this year. Next year we need to address the secondary and get someone in here ready to replace a couple of key guys on the front 7. If Watt, Merci, Clowney, Cole, Cunningham, McKinney and the likes can put up the pressure, we won't need to worry too much about secondary in the upcoming year which is why I place priority on Oline.
Agreed about the OL,

After reading the transcript, I'm pretty sure Gaine is looking to add talent to the secondary in FA this yr and fix the OL over the next 2 yrs in the draft/FA. I could be wrong.

BTW, I highly doubt Foreman makes it back.

michaelm

vox nihili
Cancer isn't contagious..........would not explain why Cal couldn't find 15 minutes to support the new GM.
Well Bob McNair already had cancer so my first thought was a possible relapse. Emphasis on "first thought"
But even if that's not that case, the elder McNair is just that, elder. So a medical condition outside of cancer could be a possible concern.
And theoretically, if it's a medical situation I don't think it's unreasonable to think a son might want to be with his father instead of a press conference.

At any rate, my statement was only that it made me wonder, not that I believe it to be the case.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
One explanation could be a simple lack of class.

Another explanation could be Gaine is keeping Ricky's seat warm.

Yet another could be that Enos has been acting as a defacto GM for yrs.

Of course it also could be that Enos could be busy licking Boss Hogg's boots.

Any number of things.
Could be perfectly innocent. But not in your world.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
"Football-aholic"...........has a nice ring..........with a contrast to the "old"

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Brian Gaine combines ambition, pragmatism as Texans' new GM

As Texans GM, Gaine eyes 'championship-caliber' play
By Brian T. Smith, Houston Chronicle

January 17, 2018 Updated: January 17, 2018 11:05pm
Addressing the big picture in his introductory news conference Wednesday, new GM Brian Gaine said he wants the Texans to be a first-class operation in all respects.

Detailed.

Focused.

Driven.

If the Brian Gaine era eventually resembles his debut press conference, the Texans' new general manager might actually lift Bob McNair's franchise to the next stage of NFL life.

There is a lot of work to be done on Kirby Drive. Emphasis on a lot. The man who will follow Rick Smith in the book of Texans history sounded Wednesday like the football-aholic the organization has long needed.

Heck, had the sidewalks leading into NRG Stadium been iced, I wouldn't have been surprised to see the New York native shoveling away, chopping up the frozen paths, and clearing the way toward something warmer, brighter … and more victorious.

"If we're going to ask the coaches and the players to reach levels of a first-class performance, then that's going to be asked of the rest of the operation as well. So that's my task … to make sure that we're a first-class operation, football operation," said Gaine, sitting behind a table that now belonged to him. "Not just on the team and not with the types of players that we bring in but also within the football operation."

Well said, new GM.

Some of you, understandably, are going to want instant answers about Gaine. What his hire means for the football team you love to love/hate. How this crazy new "alignment" thing with Bill O'Brien is really going to work out.

I must admit that's humanly impossible right now.

It's going to take months to get an initial feel for Gaine's work and personal system, then years to properly evaluate the man replacing Smith, who was given 12 way-too-long years in the pursuit of something more than mediocrity.

Pragmatic demeanor

I can tell you this, though. Gaine didn't say anything he's going to regret Wednesday, nor did he issue any immediate lofty promises he won't be able to keep.

"How are we going to improve the roster to create a championship-caliber performance on Sundays?" said Gaine, smartly avoiding any mention of the Texans competing for a Super Bowl title in the immediate future.

While the entire 2018 NFL calendar will soon be turned into a lengthy checklist of things the new guy either nailed or failed at - it can be a thankless and trying job unless you win a couple playoff games every year; just ask Smith - there was promise in Gaine's initial chat with the friendly locals who love to ask questions.

Smith always alternated between smooth and slick, and that was one of the many issues that tripped him up in the end.

Gaine was thorough, pragmatic and blue collarish.

He wasn't running for mayor or constantly trying to assure you that everything was going to be OK on Kirby if you just stopped worrying and asking questions about the Texans.

He answered a query about Deshaun Watson's woeful offensive line with a reply that actually made real-world sense.

THE REST OF THE STORY

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Texans' new general manager watching plenty of tape, getting up to speed
Previous experience with team helpful as needs determined
By John McClain, Houston Chronicle

January 17, 2018 Updated: January 17, 2018 9:00pm Brian Gaine has been busy since starting his new job. "From an operational standpoint, it's all-encompassing - a lot of meetings, a lot of calendaring, a lot of scheduling, a lot of preparation."
The first time new Texans general manager Brian Gaine met with the media Wednesday, he declined to discuss specific positions that need upgrading or mention specific players who need to be replaced.

While coach Bill O'Brien is hiring assistant coaches and getting ready for his staff to coach at the Senior Bowl next week, Gaine is already watching tape to evaluate the roster after a 4-12 season.

Gaine has an advantage because he worked on four drafts and four free-agent periods during his three years (2014-16) as the Texans' director of pro personnel and director of player personnel under his predecessor, Rick Smith.

"Player evaluation, knowing exactly what we have on the team so that we can make decisions as it relates to what's available in free agency and the draft," Gaine said about what he's been doing since he was hired Saturday. "From an operational standpoint, it's all-encompassing - a lot of meetings, a lot of calendaring, a lot of scheduling, a lot of preparation."It's no secret what the Texans need. It's a matter of what Gaine and O'Brien want to prioritize in free agency and the draft.

Every decision Gaine makes with the offense has to be done with second-year quarterback Deshaun Watson in mind.

We all know the Texans need to rebuild their offensive line and make sure they have at least three new starters, possibly four.

The most important position to improve in the offseason is left tackle, where five players started at least one game last season. If Julién Davenport can handle right tackle in his second season, Gaine and O'Brien can target the left side - Watson's blind side.

"We'll make decisions in terms of impacting our roster not just for one position, but it's clear that we have to put some players around him to help him succeed," Gaine said.

Mission statement

Gaine went on to explain his mission statement that's supposed to return the Texans to the playoffs and help them compete for another AFC South title in what should be an improved division.

"The offensive line and the defensive line are critical," he said. "We'll always be looking for players to help us impact winning performances in offensive and defensive linemen.

"The running game's critical for the impact it has on controlling down and distance (and) the passing game. If you can run the ball, it's only going to help the passing game.

"We're going to be looking for explosive athletes that can make plays in space and equally deter plays that are made in space.

"We're going to be looking for pressure players, guys that can get to the quarterback. Equally, players on offense that can (stretch) the defense vertically and horizontally relating to speed.

"We're looking for guys that can run and cover and stretch the perimeter. Obviously, vertically stretch the defense.

"Then, the last one, is (players for) fourth down and special teams."

Based on Gaine's principles, let's look at the offense first.

Gaine's got his quarterback, of course. The offensive line has to be improved across the board. They've got explosive receivers, but DeAndre Hopkins is the only one who's durable. They need a tight end who can block and catch. And they need to add a running back who's got stop-watch speed and excellent hands to make him a legitimate threat in and out of the backfield.

Defensively, the Texans need for the defensive line to get healthy, and they have to add some depth.

The linebackers should be the strength of a 3-4 defense. With Whitney Mercilus healthy and Zach Cunningham and Dylan Cole entering their second seasons to go with Jadeveon Clowney and Benardrick McKinney, this should be an area of strength.

The Texans also need an end or outside linebacker who can rush the passer. He can be undersized and not a full-time player, but in passing situations, they need someone who can help pressure the quarterback.

And then there's the secondary. They need to sign or use a third-round pick on a cornerback with speed. They can sign or use a third- or fourth-round pick on a safety who can hit and cover. Come to think of it, they should draft a corner and safety and sign one of each in free agency.

Gaine mentioned special teams, which have been awful since O'Brien became the coach in 2014. Brad Seely, 61, was hired as O'Brien's third special teams coach in place of the fired Larry Izzo.

The Texans are Seely's eighth team. He spent 10 years with New England, where he worked with O'Brien for two years.

'Collaborative process'

THE REST OF THE STORY

PapaL

Loose Screw
I'm taking the wait and see approach. Am I thrilled by the signing? No. Am I hopeful? Yeah. Trial by fire here but I'm mostly curious as to how he will handle contracts (Clowney, Cushing, and Allen) and FA.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I figure just be optimistic because a) he's not Rick Smith, and b) we don't know until we know.

At least we will have a clear understanding of who to praise and/or blame with the future of this team. And that would be the 'man with a vision', Bill O'Brien.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
Silver lining? No more O'Brien apologists. We will find out real fast what these boys know about talent evaluation. It won't take years. A lasting impression needs to be felt this year, this draft. Otherwise instead of a revamp you're looking at a full blown rebuild and that is nauseating to think about.

Team is close, they just have to hope they don't get cute.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
My biggest concern is Watson with regards to his development and keeping him healthy. We have waited way too long to finally land a good (potentially great) QB, and I'd hate to see him take a step back if this coaching staff and FO doesn't have its act together.

We should know in 2018 how he's developing since it will be rather obvious.

Mangler

Toro de España
My biggest concern is Watson with regards to his development and keeping him healthy. We have waited way too long to finally land a good (potentially great) QB, and I'd hate to see him take a step back if this coaching staff and FO doesn't have its act together.

We should know in 2018 how he's developing since it will be rather obvious.
Deshaun Watson is the last player I’d worry about having any type of issue, it’s the inept “protection” they have the nerve to try to pass as his offensive line. I agree about the FO and coaching staff being detrimental to Watson’s success though, but a guy like him almost doesn’t even need a coach. Almost every big play he made came from his ability to improvise, so whatever dumbass play call O’Brien made probably had very little to do with the outcome.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Deshaun Watson is the last player I’d worry about having any kinds of issues, it’s the inept “protection” they have the nerve to try to pass as his offensive line. I agree about the FO and coaching staff being detrimental to Watson’s success though, but a guy like him almost doesn’t even need a coach. Almost every big play he made came from his ability to improvise, so whatever dumbass play call O’Brien made probably had very little to do with the outcome.
While I agree with you about Watson, there should be some concern about O'Brien pushing his EP system hard instead of the collaborative effort they had in 2017. How much of Watson's college plays will be incorporated into the playbook in 2018? It was a necessity in 2017, but we will see in 2018 how much of it filters out. Coaching can make or break young talent.

And Watson's health has to be a concern with two 'tender' knees and a Swiss cheese offensive line. The NFL is a film-study league and his tendencies will be analyzed, so there will be situations where he is forced to stay in the pocket to limit his mobility. If the o-line is not upgraded, Watson will pay a price for it.

Silver lining? No more O'Brien apologists. We will find out real fast what these boys know about talent evaluation. It won't take years. A lasting impression needs to be felt this year, this draft. Otherwise instead of a revamp you're looking at a full blown rebuild and that is nauseating to think about.

Team is close, they just have to hope they don't get cute.
I think the O'Brien apologists will be saying that they need more time because there were no picks in the 1st couple of rounds in the draft. Also, they will claim that this upcoming year will be O'Brien and Gaine's first year of shaping the roster the way he wants it and that it'll take time (at least 3 years). I fully expect mediocrity from here until the end of O'Brien/Gaine's tenure here. McNair won't make a change unless they win less than 7 games and I think that'll be hard to do if Watson is healthy. They'll win 7 to 9 games and that'll be just enough for the McNairs to keep O'Brien around.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
I think guys are confusing the E-P offense with the E-P system. Brady & the Pats are the go-to when referencing E-P but what they mostly have run is the offense mainly b/c Belichick has more or less consistently surrounded Brady with these undersized, WR's who can't stretch the field with their speed but are quick in short space & can get open quickly with short routes (Welker, Edelman, Amendola etc)...This also best compliments Brady's skills as he has not been known as a great deep ball thrower.

But they along with Manning helped pioneer the E-P system which is basically what everyone now calls the gameplan offense in which case your offense has no real identity or tendencies for defenses to zero in on thereby making it difficult to defend against. It also can look very different from week to week, team to team depending on what you're trying to exploit & your qb's skillset. With Manning it looked completely different b/c he was the opposite of Brady in that he was an excellent deepball thrower.....& the guys he was throwing to could get open deep consistently.

But like all offenses, they only run as good as the qb operating them; much more so in the E-P system than most other offenses.

So I find it funny when people say that Obrien's system is trash & the only reason we did what we did when Watson was playing is b/c BoB "changed" his offense to be more Watson friendly. Well no **** Sherlock. By definition, that's exactly what his offense in the framework of the E-P system is designed to do..change and adapt according to the skills of your qb and what the defense is giving you. It's just up until now, he hasn't had a qb worth a lick to operate it.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
All the QBs that 'werent worth a lick' were hand selected by Buttchin himself up to and including Brock Osweiler. His QB carousels will be what he is known for.

He's got his contract, no need for all the edginess. Just stop with the excuse making. X's and O 's be damned it doesn't explain the plethora of mishaps he's made as a coach.

The Tacks just fired a guy who took his team to the 2nd round and 'achieved' a 9-7 record. Not good enough for the tacks but good enough for us? Yuck.

People are painting O'Brien as some coaching savant that hasnt had any talent to work with and had a mean GM holding him down. Give me a break.

I respect your argument Tex, you are a great contributor here, but we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. Too many ooops moments to simply sweep under the rug.

banned1976

sleeper mode
I better not say anything nice about O'Brien or else I'll be labeled a nasty "apologist" and that might heart my tender feelings. I mean, really, he should have done a much better job than 4-12. He had perfectly capable talent to work with. It's not like there were any injuries, or anything like that. And by God, if the Texans don't finish 2018 season at least 12-4 OB should be run out of town!

Seriously, some of you people act like being a HC in the NFL is easy and the other teams and their coaches suck eggs.

I've been critical of O'Brien before, and I do have expectations. But they're realistic. And btw, I hoped he would have been fired. Right along with his entire coaching staff and Rick Smith. But it didn't happen. Oh well...life goes on. Just a minor disappointment in my life. But my stocks were up 27% in 2017 so I'm happy.

I hope within a couple years the Texans will be Super Bowl contenders. If not, start over with new people.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
All the QBs that 'werent worth a lick' were hand selected by Buttchin himself up to and including Brock Osweiler. His QB carousels will be what he is known for.

He's got his contract, no need for all the edginess. Just stop with the excuse making. X's and O 's be damned it doesn't explain the plethora of mishaps he's made as a coach.

The Tacks just fired a guy who took his team to the 2nd round and 'achieved' a 9-7 record. Not good enough for the tacks but good enough for us? Yuck.

People are painting O'Brien as some coaching savant that hasnt had any talent to work with and had a mean GM holding him down. Give me a break.

I respect your argument Tex, you are a great contributor here, but we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. Too many ooops moments to simply sweep under the rug.

There's no way you know any of the bolded to be fact...but Like really, what does the bolded even matter now? considering that A. he was able to get the most out of those qbs at the time & b., we have our future guy here now who is all in with him. You guys love to bring this up & we've been through this ad nauseum, but it literally matters none.

There's no edginess, its just taking all things into consideration is all; something that most of you guys who despise him refuse to do. It's not like i was campaigning for him to get an extension but you're right, he got his contract extension...STOP MENTIONING IT, its done & we know you're upset about it.

& get your facts straight. The main reason the tacks fired Mularkey is for failing to develop their franchise qb who regressed under his watch......not the case here.

Noone's painting BoB as anything except you guys.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
While I agree with you about Watson, there should be some concern about O'Brien pushing his EP system hard instead of the collaborative effort they had in 2017. How much of Watson's college plays will be incorporated into the playbook in 2018? It was a necessity in 2017, but we will see in 2018 how much of it filters out. Coaching can make or break young talent.

And Watson's health has to be a concern with two 'tender' knees and a Swiss cheese offensive line. The NFL is a film-study league and his tendencies will be analyzed, so there will be situations where he is forced to stay in the pocket to limit his mobility. If the o-line is not upgraded, Watson will pay a price for it.
I would be much more concerned over these issues rather that O'Brien not using the "correct" system. Rookie tendencies tend not to be caught up with by opponents until they have an offseason to give them the adequate time to thoroughly evaluate and prepare their counters. Dak Prescott's 2nd year dip was not all of a sudden on the shoulders of the same coaches that brought him success the year before.

FuzzyLogic

Mathematically Possible
Could be,

I'm not judging, I think you would agree it's weird though. Certainly not how most orgs go about their business.
I like you... the conspiracy stuff you come up with keeps me in good spirits....but, you are judging it's all you do with this team. If the McNair's would have shown up you would have been "Man, they have Gaine on a short leash, can't even let the man have a press conference without interfering", "just waiting and watching for him to mess up so they can put Ricky McNair back at GM"...etc.

It's what makes you lovable - you can see the worst in every situation. Maybe Amazon has a Dash button for tin foil?

Mangler

Toro de España
I think the O'Brien apologists will be saying that they need more time because there were no picks in the 1st couple of rounds in the draft. Also, they will claim that this upcoming year will be O'Brien and Gaine's first year of shaping the roster the way he wants it and that it'll take time (at least 3 years). I fully expect mediocrity from here until the end of O'Brien/Gaine's tenure here. McNair won't make a change unless they win less than 7 games and I think that'll be hard to do if Watson is healthy. They'll win 7 to 9 games and that'll be just enough for the McNairs to keep O'Brien around.
I assure you I’m no obrien “apologist” as a matter of fact, I’m probably more of an O’Brien hater, but are you serious?

This is Brian Gaine’s first time as a GM, EVER! He doesn’t have the pleasure of having ANY 1st or 2nd round draft picks. It’s ridiculous to demand a final product when the guy will only have FA and late round picks to work with for a franchise with pot holes in damn near every direction. The entire offensive line (minus Nick Martin) is compiled of toilet paper, and our secondary is a complete joke. It’s going to take multiple seasons to fill most of our needs.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I like you... the conspiracy stuff you come up with keeps me in good spirits....but, you are judging it's all you do with this team. If the McNair's would have shown up you would have been "Man, they have Gaine on a short leash, can't even let the man have a press conference without interfering", "just waiting and watching for him to mess up so they can put Ricky McNair back at GM"...etc.

It's what makes you lovable - you can see the worst in every situation. Maybe Amazon has a Dash button for tin foil?
So you dont think it's weird.

Duly noted

Try to look past your opinions of me and objectively look at what I'm saying. I know this may be impossible for you. But atleast give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.