Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Brian Gaine Fired

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
Holy crap:

“After a thorough evaluation of our football operations, we have decided to relieve Brian Gaine of his duties as General Manager,” Texans chairman and CEO Cal McNair said in a statement. “Brian is a man of high character and we appreciate his contributions to our organization. We will begin an immediate search for a new G.M. In the interim, football operations will be led by senior vice president of football administration Chris Olsen. While the timing may be unusual, this decision was made in the best interest of our organization in our quest to build a championship team for the city of Houston.”
Link

Good thing they were on the same page.

@steelbtexan - that's what fired looks like.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Texans fire G.M. Brian Gaine
Posted by Josh Alper on June 7, 2019, 5:21 PM EDT

AP

The Texans made a major and unexpected change to the organization on Friday.

The team announced that they have fired General Manager Brian Gaine.

“After a thorough evaluation of our football operations, we have decided to relieve Brian Gaine of his duties as General Manager,” Texans chairman and CEO Cal McNair said in a statement. “Brian is a man of high character and we appreciate his contributions to our organization. We will begin an immediate search for a new G.M. In the interim, football operations will be led by senior vice president of football administration Chris Olsen. While the timing may be unusual, this decision was made in the best interest of our organization in our quest to build a championship team for the city of Houston.”

Gaine was hired in January 2018 when former G.M. Rick Smith took a leave of absence to be with his wife as she battled cancer.

The move leaves the Texans and the Jets both in need of a General Manager as their offseason programs come to an end. The Jets have interviewed several candidates who could concievably also wind up in the mix in Houston.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Completely blind-sided with this one. So much for alignment, I guess.
I'm going to speculate that this is over contract extensions and players who were allowed to leave via FA.
1st thing I thought of when this came down. The next thing is he did some unethical ****...you don’t just dismiss a guy immediately like this unless something like that happens where the .org. Is trying to distance itself from the individual

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Hope the hire Savage

I will take back everything I said if Cletus hires McCloughan. Hiring McCloughan would tell me Cletus is serious about winning.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Chris Olsen, interim GM, was Rick Smith's right hand man but also extended under OBrien

Dejaview

All Pro
#Texans wanted to interview Eagles Joe Douglas but were denied. Now Douglas is interviewing for the Jets GM opening. Wonder if the Texans hurry up and try again.

— patrick (@PatDStat) June 7, 2019

There is one thing I was told when Cal McNair took over. McNair has little patience for mistakes and more willing to cut bait when things are not right. #Texans

This is total bs. This smells so much like Bud Adams.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
#Texans wanted to interview Eagles Joe Douglas but were denied. Now Douglas is interviewing for the Jets GM opening. Wonder if the Texans hurry up and try again.

There is one thing I was told when Cal McNair took over. McNair has little patience for mistakes and more willing to cut bait when things are not right. #Texans

Then why wasn't OB fired as soon as Cal took over?

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club

Mistakes? Hasn't patdstat been telling us how awesome this off-season is

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
This is coming from one of my home boys.

Not liking the way he is doing things... A lot of heads within the organization werent pleased with the lack of "splashes" in the off season... Also displeased with him trying to recruit every player that leaves Buffalo. Him and OB also has butted heads
Lol. Now this would be hilarious. Cal and Obrien think it's like fantasy football or something?

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
This is coming from one of my home boys.

Not liking the way he is doing things... A lot of heads within the organization werent pleased with the lack of "splashes" in the off season... Also displeased with him trying to recruit every player that leaves Buffalo. Him and OB also has butted heads
If even 1/2 of this is true, that’s not a good sign...cal doing his best Daniel Snyder/jerry Jones impression

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
@RapSheet: On the #Texans GM firing: My understanding is there was no one incident that created the opening. Houston did an evaluation of its football operations and believes — right or wrong — GM Brian Gaine was not good enough. Good, but not good enough. Stunning.

@RapSheet: 18 months ago, Brian Gaine was #Texans coach Bill O’Brien’s choice as GM. He left a great situation in Buffalo, the team went 11-5, made the playoffs and now he’s out. It is a cold-blooded business. https://t.co/gKTiCoFgyk

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
You know these summer time offseason days in the NFL are so boring and uneventful aren't they ?
I dunno anybody hear of anything going on this Friday afternoon ?