Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Brian Flores lawsuit, etc.

Well, they did post the interview itinerary. So this must mean they hadn't made their mind up. :ok:

If the Giants want to really be transparent, they could explain why Belichick came to believe that Daboll already had the job. Or even release the text messages between that Giant employee and Belichick that led to that assumption.

BTW, Belichick and the Giants owner have known each other since 1979.

What if the Giants had their minds made up and gave Flores the opportunity to change it? And if Daboll was the Giants guy all along, then are all the other interviews shams?

Funny how the same person can view two situations so differently, even though some parallels can certainly be drawn between them.
Flores only mentions a conversation about the 100 k offer. His text message with Bill Belicheck proves nothing about racism. WE SEE Watson messaging different women about massages. We see his own witness discuss his name getting around for assaulting people. Stop being dense.

Flores only mentions a conversation about the 100 k offer. His text message with Bill Belicheck proves nothing about racism. WE SEE Watson messaging different women about massages. We see his own witness discuss his name getting around for assaulting people. Stop being dense.
Stop jumping to conclusions... Keep an open mind... Can't believe you're somehow connected to the justice system.

Last edited:

Lol…. NOT.

Glad they said whatever Belichick said or does doesn't mean ****.

Because it doesn't. Like, at all.

Is Brian Flores thought of so lowly by people that he could only possibly still be interviewed to satisfy a racist rule? Because I mean I didn't think that lowly of him. I was impressed with the job he did this year.

And also what happened to the other candidates that the Giants interviewed? I had initially read others were interviewed and some were minorities, so wasn't the racist rule satisfied? Maybe they were leaning, someone leaked to Belichick and he construed it as 100 percent decided when it was just "leans daboll" (or he actually did think he was texting daboll not flores, I've texted people incorrectly) though the process wasn't complete and the Giants figured they owed it to Flores to keep the interview?

To reiterate, this type of confusion/misconstruing/etc is what happens when you have unnecessary regulations and racist rules in place. And in a lot of cases, it's not "mis"construed but moreso taken advantage of by grifters and hustlers.

Last edited:
What if the Giants had made up their mind (as Belicheck said)? And used Flores only to satisfy the Rooney rule?

Which is more likely?

They followed this racist rule.

Nothing to see here.

The rule shouldn't exist, but since it does it's not surprising this happened. It was only a matter of time.

I wonder if the Texans were involved in a brilliant tanking scheme the past two seasons to improve draft position? How much was Culley paid!

Make it mandatory that the percentage of black coaches be the same as the percentage of black players. If all of the sudden we start seeing a bunch of white running backs so the owners can keep their white coaches, we'll know for a fact that they're racists.

I wonder if the Texans were involved in a brilliant tanking scheme the past two seasons to improve draft position? How much was Culley paid!

They definitely were tanking

Remember when they were down 2 scores to the 49ers with 8 mins left on the 49ers side of the 50 and punted?

Make it mandatory that the percentage of black coaches be the same as the percentage of black players. If all of the sudden we start seeing a bunch of white running backs so the owners can keep their white coaches, we'll know for a fact that they're racists.

Or just make 50% of the players non black and 50% of the coaches black.

You can claim racism when black coaches start winning SB's and dont get jobs. Even then you get SB winning coaches like Pederson who didn't coach the last couple of yrs.

That was unpopular so let's try another one. Every team's head coach must be at least 14% black.

Or 14% of NFL HC's must be black.

BTW, Leftwich turned down the Jags job. So there could've been a minority hire in this cycle.

“I think there are back channel conversations and back channel meetings that are had that oftentimes influence decisions. I think [the Giants hiring process] is a clear example of that. Bill Belichick is a clear example of that. His resume speaks to that. It was clear to me that decision was made with his influence. That’s part of the problem. That needs to change. There needs to be a fair and equal opportunity to interview and showcase your abilities to lead and earn one of those positions.”
That’s a massive statement from Flores. He has gone from saying, “Bill Belichick accidentally tipped me off to a sham interview” to “Bill Belichick played a part in the system that has created sham interviews.”
Mastermind who didn't see himself getting sucked into this thing coming? I'm guessing it was more of a numbnuts move than a masterminded one.

The last statement of this article is the most important.

Hue Jackson: I was never offered money to lose
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 5, 2022, 8:12 AM EST

After former Miami coach Brian Flores said he was offered $100,000 per loss in 2019 because Dolphins owner Stephen Ross wanted the first overall pick in the 2020 NFL draft, former Cleveland coach Hue Jackson suggested that he got a similar offer from Browns owner Jimmy Haslam. But now Jackson has backtracked.

Jackson initially started his backtrack earlier in the week, but on Friday night he stated clearly that Haslam never offered to pay him to lose games.

“No, I was never offered money like Brian had mentioned,” Jackson told CNN. “I think this is a totally different situation but has some similarities.”

Still, Jackson stands by his claim that Haslam wanted to lose, and that Jackson himself complained about Haslam’s plan at the time. Haslam also said Black coaches like himself and Flores have been thrown into situations where their owners weren’t trying to win.

“I told Jimmy that what he was doing was very destructive, to not do this because it’s going to hurt my career and every other coach that worked with me and every player on the team. And I told him that it would hurt every Black coach that would follow me. And I have the documents to prove this,” Jackson said.

Asked why he doesn’t produce those documents, Jackson responded, “Those things will come to light at the right time.”
The extent to which Flores and Jackson can prove their claims that Ross and Haslam were trying not to win may determine how hard the NFL — and possibly the legal system — crack down on them. But there’s no doubt that it’s the NFL’s own rules that incentivize teams to lose. If the NFL wants teams to play to win, it should stop rewarding teams that lose.

But there’s no doubt that it’s the NFL’s own rules that incentivize teams to lose. If the NFL wants teams to play to win, it should stop rewarding teams that lose.
I agree. The second half of the season should be a “playoff” for draft order seeding of the top 10 picks.

or they should just flip the top 16 picks.

Or do an NBA style lotto

I agree. The second half of the season should be a “playoff” for draft order seeding of the top 10 picks.

Or do an NBA style lotto
But then the bad teams like Jacksonville would never get better.

Oh, right, uh, never mind.

Brian Flores’s lawyers suspect Roger Goodell memo is a “public relations ploy”
February 5, 2022, 1:22 PM EST

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, ignoring the reality that anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law, said plenty of things in a Saturday memo to all teams about the league’s abysmal record of giving minority candidates head-coaching opportunities. The lawyers for the man whose lawsuit sparked the memo have responded.

“Unfortunately, immediately after Coach Flores filed the class action lawsuit, the NFL and various teams reflexively, and without any investigation, denied the detailed allegations set forth in the 60-page complaint,” attorneys Doug Wigdor and John Elefterakis said in a statement. “As a result, when we spoke to the national media the following day we made clear that the NFL should view this class action lawsuit as an opportunity to engage in real change and confront the obvious reality. The statement made today by the Commissioner is, on the surface, a positive first step, but we suspect that this is more of a publication relations ploy than real commitment to change. For too many years, the NFL has hidden behind the cover of foundations that were supposed to protect the rights of Black players and coaches, as well as law firms and experts that purport to be unbiased and independent, but are paid for by the NFL. All the while, systemic racial bias has festered in the NFL’s front offices. The NFL is now rolling out the same playbook yet again and that is precisely why this lawsuit was filed.

I wonder why the NFLPA hasn’t said anything about this before now, or guys like Dungy, Lewis, & Herm Edwards. Or even all the David Culley types that have been passed over through the years

Or do an NBA style lotto

NBA teams still tank.

Keep things the way they are but fine ownership when they have losing teams. As teams continue to have losing records increase the fine. Don’t fine the team. Fine ownership. For every game you are under .500 make it a million dollar fine. For every consecutive year losing add 10%. If you have a losing team for 3 years in a row that’s a 30% increase.

NBA teams still tank.

Keep things the way they are but fine ownership when they have losing teams. As teams continue to have losing records increase the fine. Don’t fine the team. Fine ownership. For every game you are under .500 make it a million dollar fine. For every consecutive year losing add 10%. If you have a losing team for 3 years in a row that’s a 30% increase.
I don’t think you need to do anything like that. In fact, I don’t think anything needs to be done at all. The NFL already has the most parity of any sports league. Hell, the Bengals went from 2 wins to 4 to the Super Bowl in a 3 year span. The 49ers went from 4 wins to a Super Bowl here recently.

Teams just have to get better at evaluating talent, better at coaching that talent, and hope they get lucky at the same time. I mean it’s yet to be seen if the Jags hit on Lawrence. Mayfield, Winston and Bradford certainly didn’t work out, and it appears the Bengals lucked out and have hit a HR with Burrow.

Tanking doesn’t guarantee you anything. No need to punish teams, most of the time they punish themselves.

Tanking doesn’t guarantee you anything. No need to punish teams, most of the time they punish themselves
You’re right.

when teams learn that #1 pick isn’t as valuable to their careers as winning 6 games they’ll stop tanking.

your team is heading in the wrong direction if you’re aiming at the #1 pick

Top 10 picks are set for 32 years. Every 32 years you are guaranteed a 1st overall pick to use or trade away. Same with 2nd through tenth overall picks. Rest of picks are inverse of order of record. Done.

Back