Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Brandin Cooks Traded to Cowboys

Wait. I thought we were supposed to get a 1st, or a 2nd, or at least a 3rd according to everyone. Now we are getting 2 bad picks and paying money to get rid of Cooks?
Who was saying that now? I think most people paying attention were hoping for a 3rd at best once we screwed up and gave away all leverage by not trading him last year.

Now we are getting 2 bad picks and paying money to get rid of Cooks?
You're already assuming these are bad picks? Why the Caserio hate?
Slim pickings at WR this season, unless you like smallish WRs.
NFL Draft Big Board | PFF
Quentin Johnston
AT Perry
Rashee Rice
Cedric Tillman
Jonathan Mingo

Receivers expected to go the first 2 days that have the look of traditional WCO WRs.
I think we might have been able to get a better deal.

I don't think so. The Cowboys did the Texans a solid by taking Cooks before the draft.

Yeah, this one was predictable and indefensible. Can't help but think Easterbys fingerprints were on this contract.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

"You fell victim to one of the classic blunders — the most famous of which is, 'Never get involved in a land war in Asia' — but only slightly less well-known is this: 'Never give a contract extension to a 30-year-old WR'! "

"You fell victim to one of the classic blunders — the most famous of which is, 'Never get involved in a land war in Asia' — but only slightly less well-known is this: 'Never give a contract extension to a 30-year-old WR'! "
Let's hope Nick can remember this. Painful lesson.
Brandin Cooks' two-year contract extension has $36 million guaranteed with $19.8 million maximum average annually.

That’s outrageous for an age 30 & 31 WR. What would Bill Belichick do (WWBBD)?

Not this.
Can't help but think Easterbys fingerprints were on this contract.
Jack's impact on this franchise will not be forgotten.

Sounds like similar compensation the Cowboys got for Amari Cooper last season. For Cooper they got two 5ths and a sixth round pick swap. Sounds like a 5/6 round pick for Cooks. You will not get a lot when a player has a terrible contract and throws a hissy fit about wanting to leave the team.
If Texans are paying part of that contract they should get more than the Amari deal

I've said from the jump and I'm not a poster who act like an insider. Cooks could've been a Cowboy last season for a 2nd. Caserio wanted a 2nd and 4th and Dallas to take salary. Dallas balked and now the Texans get trash picks and still paying salary.
DeMeco gets what DeMeco wants.

Back