Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Board Upgrade Completed

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
You have to open the insert pic icon first, then add a link in the box that opens... works great on chrome, just a couple added steps
thought that's what I did.
I think you were right when you said I should have edited out the "Google..." stuff. That screwed up the URL I pasted.

Reactions: JB

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
thought that's what I did.
I think you were right when you said I should have edited out the "Google..." stuff. That screwed up the URL I pasted.
Did you click the little link icon that has 'by url' under it and then paste the url in it?

Attachments

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
So I'm curious about moved/deleted posts. Perhaps a mod could help me out?

powda

nah, you should know by now :ant:
Ok lemme just ask and if someone wants to respond cool.

I had 3-4 post deleted earlier. The description said roughly "post deleted, probably best to use private conversation for this."

I like that I get a notification it was deleted. I have no problem if I said something foul or whatever with it being deleted. I generally agree with the mod judgments I've seen as of late. No problem here.

My question is - why cant I see which specific post was deleted? Can I? If I cant see the deleted post how am I to know what's appropriate in the future? I'd like to learn from it and not make the same mistake moving forward.

I think that's reasonable. Maybe it's just not a option for the mods?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
My question is - why cant I see which specific post was deleted? Can I? If I cant see the deleted post how am I to know what's appropriate in the future?
Good question.

The posts deleted were the ones you & DanielTX were swapping gifs. It was back & forth between you & him & had nothing to do with the thread

powda

Good question.

The posts deleted were the ones you & DanielTX were swapping gifs. It was back & forth between you & him & had nothing to do with the thread
Fair enough. No issue with that whatsoever. Is there an option for me to see what was deleted in the notification though?

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Fair enough. No issue with that whatsoever. Is there an option for me to see what was deleted in the notification though?
I think you can see it if you click on the alert? I know you can for moved comments, but deleted??? How do you see it if it's gone?

powda

I don't know. I don't have an option to make it visible to you.
Just speaking objectively here - some posters have thousands of posts. Some threads a decade old get restarted. I get the notification something was deleted but have no way of knowing what precisely.

Again, I have no issue with a mod doing what they did. I had the good fortune of you telling me what it was. Thanks. I'm just wondering if there's a way a poster can see so they learn. It would probably make a mods job a bit easier to.

Not a complaint. Just an observation. Thanks again for the clarity and your quick response.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but when I click on my alerts, they don't go to the designated post all together (i.e., like centered to an adjacent post) or are off 1/2 or more from the center of the correct post.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but when I click on my alerts, they don't go to the designated post all together (i.e., like centered to an adjacent post) or are off 1/2 or more from the center of the correct post.
I've noticed the same with clicking on a thread with new posts. It doesn't always take you to the 1st unread. Instead it may be a post or 2 you've already seen.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I don't know if anyone else his problem, but when I click on my alerts, they don't go to the designated post all together (i.e., like centered to an adjacent post) or are off 1/2 or more from the center of the correct post.
Yeah, I was just reading this thread to report it and see if others have issue. Mine seem to go to correct post then immediately blink to another, almost like being confused---?--

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Kevin, the above issues reported by Speedy, Badboy and me are more than just annoying, it makes navigation extremely difficult and unpleasant.

Hookem Horns

Texans Talk Bartender
Staff member
Kevin, the above issues reported by Speedy, Badboy and me are more than just annoying, it makes navigation extremely difficult and unpleasant.
What you guys are seeing are differences from the current version of XenForo compared to what we had before. We just upgraded the software to the latest version. I honestly don't know what can be changed. There are settings in the backend which can modify some things, like increase font size, number of post shown per page, etc. I have modified those things as per recommendations, however, I'm still learning how the new software works.

I don't know if navigation functionality can be modified with this version. I'll have to spend some time to investigate that.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
What you guys are seeing are differences from the current version of XenForo compared to what we had before. We just upgraded the software to the latest version. I honestly don't know what can be changed. There are settings in the backend which can modify some things, like increase font size, number of post shown per page, etc. I have modified those things as per recommendations, however, I'm still learning how the new software works.

I don't know if navigation functionality can be modified with this version. I'll have to spend some time to investigate that.
It has to be a software glitch/corruption (not a setting).............Definitely appreciate you looking into it...........I've spoken to another couple of MB members noting the same problems.

badboy

Hall of Fame

Are you seeing it when you click on alerts?

Hookem Horns

Texans Talk Bartender
Staff member
So that I can better understand what issues you guys are having, can you make some recordings for me using Loom? This is what I use when working with my developers. This way I can literally see what is not happening that should be, etc and share this with my dev.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
One more thing that I've noticed. When trying to post a tweet using the embed approach, the first attempt only shows the link.........then when I erase it and perform the exact same embed, it then shows the link and the tweet itself as it is supposed to do. This happens most of the time when trying to embed the tweets.

badboy

Hall of Fame
So that I can better understand what issues you guys are having, can you make some recordings for me using Loom? This is what I use when working with my developers. This way I can literally see what is not happening that should be, etc and share this with my dev.

I will allow others attempt as I am s-t-u-p-i-d when it comes to tech. In response to powda it is not when I am multi quoting and inserting those but when I click on the "alert" bell then respond to one of the alerts. As I posted earlier, the screen flickers or blinks for lack of better word and connects for micro second then flashes to another post within that thread. It does not do this every time and I've not noticed it using my android mobile device. Hope this helps.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
but when I click on the "alert" bell then respond to one of the alerts. As I posted earlier, the screen flickers or blinks for lack of better word and connects for micro second then flashes to another post within that thread.
THIS ^^^

Also when you click on a thread with new posts, at least for me, the newest post is there for a second, then it will shift 1 or 2 posts upthread.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
One more thing that I've noticed. When trying to post a tweet using the embed approach, the first attempt only shows the link.........then when I erase it and perform the exact same embed, it then shows the link and the tweet itself as it is supposed to do. This happens most of the time when trying to embed the tweets.
I've found (an apparent work around) that if I "preview" the embedded tweet and then post it, the link and tweet seem to consistently post.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
THIS ^^^

Also when you click on a thread with new posts, at least for me, the newest post is there for a second, then it will shift 1 or 2 posts upthread.
More like 3 or 4 it seems

I guess it depends on the size of the posts... it's like you hit the page up button without hitting it

powda

Just something cosmetic here - not really a complaint ,but alerts seemed a brighter color and jumped off the page previously. Not nearly as much now. Is there a brighter color option?

Trivial I know. Sorry.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Contributors Club removes ads on the pc, is there any way to remove on mobile device?

Hookem Horns

Texans Talk Bartender
Staff member
@JB I just tested this on my phone using a test account with Contributors Club status and I see no ads on my mobile device.

Are you using Tapatalk? If so you’re seeing their ads. We cannot control their ads because that’s their app. They are just displaying our data within their app.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
@JB I just tested this on my phone using a test account with Contributors Club status and I see no ads on my mobile device.

Are you using Tapatalk? If so you’re seeing their ads. We cannot control their ads because that’s their app. They are just displaying our data within their app.
No tapatalk here but I still see the Upgrade banner for the contributors club. Do I need to sign up on my phone also?

Actually, I'm not sure my account recognizes that I've signed up. I still see the purchase button under available upgrades

1575956705663.png

Last edited:

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Okay, I turned Adguard off on my computer and am seeing the ad's. My account doesn't seem to recognize that I signed up for the contributors club on Nov. 27

Hookem Horns

Texans Talk Bartender
Staff member
Okay, I turned Adguard off on my computer and am seeing the ad's. My account doesn't seem to recognize that I signed up for the contributors club on Nov. 27
I just realized that I hadn’t moved you to CC. You should be good now.

Reactions: JB

bigmck

Rookie
There was a version of this board on about 2012 or 2013. Instead of "Likes", it had "Reputation". The more Reps you got the more it would give someone else when you Reped them. The first week I was on here, someone with a 50,000 Rep hit me with a Minus so I got -50,000 as my Rep Score the first week. I came here a few more times but I could not bear to see my -50,000 every time I came to the board. I stop coming for a few years and the next time I came there was a new version of the board. My -50,000 was gone. :texanbill::texanbill::texanbill:

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
There was a version of this board on about 2012 or 2013. Instead of "Likes", it had "Reputation". The more Reps you got the more it would give someone else when you Reped them. The first week I was on here, someone with a 50,000 Rep hit me with a Minus so I got -50,000 as my Rep Score the first week. I came here a few more times but I could not bear to see my -50,000 every time I came to the board. I stop coming for a few years and the next time I came there was a new version of the board. My -50,000 was gone. :texanbill::texanbill::texanbill:
But don't they say less is more............I guess you should have been elated with -50,000............ :D

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Is there some kind of maintenance that goes on every night at about 10:00? Seems it takes the board forever to load right about that time. If so, is there anyway to schedule that maintenance at like 3 AM instead?

badboy

Hall of Fame
While I do keep up with views to my threads especially in the college draft section I rarely look at likes. If there are no views there's no reason for me to post the information.

powda

It was a very antiquated system weighted wrongly.