Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Big Ben accused of sexual assault, again

When will we know if charges are going to be handed down in the first case?

Sorry, can't tell you. But, probably there will be no charges since civil lawsuits are usually not filed until criminal aspects of a case are completed. That way plaintif attornies are able to use previously gathered evidence ala OJ.

Fox News has just reported the prosecutor has officially announced that there is not enough evidence to pursue criminal charges...........that they could not make a case with existing evidence "without reasonable doubt."

So after listening to the DA's briefing, I get the impression that there are two things that prevent this from going to trial.
1. being a lack of DNA and/or physical evidence of rape.
2. being that the 'victim' was voluntarily piss-@ss drunk.

Going off of number 2, is it really possible for it not to be considered rape or sexual assault if the victim is so drunk that you can not prove she did not consent to sex? (In Georgia at least) That's how it sounded to me, but I might be missing something.

So after listening to the DA's briefing, I get the impression that there are two things that prevent this from going to trial.
1. being a lack of DNA and/or physical evidence of rape.
2. being that the 'victim' was voluntarily piss-@ss drunk.

Going off of number 2, is it really possible for it not to be considered rape or sexual assault if the victim is so drunk that you can not prove she did not consent to sex? (In Georgia at least) That's how it sounded to me, but I might be missing something.

Innocent until proven guilty. If she can't prove that he forced himself on her, then he's not guilty. Of course, we all know what really happened, but hey ... OJ got away with murder. These things happen.

Innocent until proven guilty. If she can't prove that he forced himself on her, then he's not guilty. Of course, we all know what really happened, but hey ... OJ got away with murder. These things happen.

But it doesn't necessarily make these things easier to swallow.....

I understand the innocent until proven guilty part for this case, but after listening to the DA's report, it sounded like the victim was too drunk to have valid testimony against Ben. As in, you can't be a victim if you were too drunk to reject his advances or too drunk to have reliable testimony. That's what it sounded like to me, so I'm asking if anyone knows if that can be used against a victim in court.

I understand the innocent until proven guilty part for this case, but after listening to the DA's report, it sounded like the victim was too drunk to have valid testimony against Ben. As in, you can't be a victim if you were too drunk to reject his advances or too drunk to have reliable testimony. That's what it sounded like to me, so I'm asking if anyone knows if that can be used against a victim in court.

Yep, that's what it sounds like to me as well. So this case basically serves as notice that it's better to pour shots of tequila down their neck so you can take advantage of them later. If they complain after, well, they don't have much in the way of testimony and a little cash on the side should hush things up.

Queue up "What A Wonderful World" by Louis.

PFT is reporting some lawyer stating there was another similar episode that he was investigating.

Big Ben getting accused of sexual assualt is like a 10-82, which is disappearing a dead hooker from Ben Affleck's trialer.

"Mr. Goodell we have a 21-20 in progress."

Roger Goodell, "oooooooooooooo that Roethlisberger."

Just another case of "If the stall doesn't fit, you must acquit" :chef:

Jim Carrey: Ben Roethlisberger Sexually Assaulted Me

Jim Carrey appears to be making a habit of offering helpful sports commentary. Just days after saying that Tiger Woods' wife was a "willing participant" in her husband's infidelity, the actor has weighed in on the problems facing Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

In a series of tweets on Sunday, Carrey wrote that he needed to tone down his future tweets -- before (hopefully) joking that Big Ben sexually assaulted him:

JIM-CARREY-BEN-ROETHLISBERGER.jpg

link

A drunk college girl wanted to have sex with a two-time Super Bowl champion? :thinking:

I try not to "judge a book by it's cover", but he looked the part in his PC yesterday. Geez, he looked like a mobster wannabe.

So, he's now been accused by 3 different chicks now? Honestly, IMO, he's now considered a schmuck. That's all I have to say about Big Pen

I try not to "judge a book by it's cover", but he looked the part in his PC yesterday. Geez, he looked like a mobster wannabe.

So, he's now been accused by 3 different chicks now? Honestly, IMO, he's now considered a schmuck. That's all I have to say about Big Pen

Not to use a football analogy on a football MB, but what do they say about RBs who start to have fumbling problems? - that players are going to come looking for the strip. Certainly not saying he is innocent and he almost certainly is putting himself in bad situations. Just throwing that out there.

So its pretty clear now. Whether Ben raped the girl or not is debatable. WHat isn't debatable is that he took advantage of a very intoxicated 20 year old girl in a club bathroom.

Shameful stuff

He used his bodyguards and connections to make sure a rape claim wouldn't stick. Who nkows, maybe she led him on. But still, a wasted 20 year old is not who you should be forcing yourself onto

This dude is just a ********* and all fathers should lock up their daughters if he is in town.

Source

Witness Elizabeth Brooks told investigators of partying with Roethlisberger at Capital City, where he purchased a round of shots for women in the VIP room and announced, "All my bitches, take some shots."

He should just rename himself to Rick James at this point. "Bitches! Show Santonio Holmes your titties!"

Some of the commenters on PFT's articles have started calling him Rapistberger which is simultaneously sad and funny.

Every Sunday going forward I'll be cheering for Houston and whatever DE is lining up across from Ben.

Rapeisberger is pretty damn good name.

Dude has already won 2 rings. If I was the Steelers, I would sell high and ship this pile of dog crap out of town. I just don't think any team would trade for him, to be honest.

Its funny, I was listening to Pittsburgh 93.7 sports radio on my iphone last night, and there were callers calling in with trade scenarios. Some were just ridiculous but here is one that really flipped my lid.

caller says Steelers should approach Houston and offer Roethlisberger for Schaub, a 2010 1st Rounder and a 2011 1st Rounder.

another guy said they should trade him to Minnesota for Adrian Peterson and a 1st Rounder. I couldn't believe how much they think they could get for the guy.

Roethlisberger isn't a bad QB and he is a franchise QB, but he isn't worth players and multiple 1st Rounders...just ridiculous.

IMHO, they would be lucky to get an early 1st Rounder for him. And what team is going to take the PR hit of trading for an unconvicted rapist.

He raped that girl and its not the first time he has done it. Total F-ing Scumbag.

Rapeisberger is pretty damn good name.

Dude has already won 2 rings. If I was the Steelers, I would sell high and ship this pile of dog crap out of town. I just don't think any team would trade for him, to be honest.

Its funny, I was listening to Pittsburgh 93.7 sports radio on my iphone last night, and there were callers calling in with trade scenarios. Some were just ridiculous but here is one that really flipped my lid.

caller says Steelers should approach Houston and offer Roethlisberger for Schaub, a 2010 1st Rounder and a 2011 1st Rounder.

another guy said they should trade him to Minnesota for Adrian Peterson and a 1st Rounder. I couldn't believe how much they think they could get for the guy.

Roethlisberger isn't a bad QB and he is a franchise QB, but he isn't worth players and multiple 1st Rounders...just ridiculous.

IMHO, they would be lucky to get an early 1st Rounder for him. And what team is going to take the PR hit of trading for an unconvicted rapist.

He raped that girl and its not the first time he has done it. Total F-ing Scumbag.

:goodpost: Totally agree with the bolded. And those Pittsburgh fans are nuts! I don't know if they could get a first rounder from any team... well maybe the Raiders.

:goodpost: Totally agree with the bolded. And those Pittsburgh fans are nuts! I don't know if they could get a first rounder from any team... well maybe the Raiders.

Yeah, I don't know if anyone is willing to take that PR hit right now.

If Houston did end up with him somehow (and I know they won't, I'm just sayin') I'd vomit.

yeah, when they mentioned Texans, I figured they were going to ask for Mario or maybe our talisman, the best pro athlete in Houston since Hakeem Olajuwon, your #1 WR Sir Andre Johnson (yeah he deserves to be knighted)

but when they mentioned Schaub I was like, what? Why would we do that even straight up? then they started talking about multiple picks and they lost me. My wife and I actually got a good chuckle out of it.

As for a possible destination, the only one I could think of is Arizona. Former OC is HC there and so is his old OL coach....and most importantly, they need a QB.

Maybe the Cardinals would trade their 1st Rounder and Leinart for Roethlisberger. Steelers give Leinart a chance and they pick up an extra 1st by dumping their damaged goods off to someone who may want them. I think his former relationship with the Arizona coaching staff, could make Ben more pallatable to the Arizona faithful.

The Cardinals are the only team I could see him going to other than maybe Buffalo. Cleveland would be a possibility because Ben is from Ohio, but that is the Steelers historical rival and divisional. No way in hell.

As for a possible destination, the only one I could think of is Arizona. Former OC is HC there and so is his old OL coach....and most importantly, they need a QB.

Maybe the Cardinals would trade their 1st Rounder and Leinart for Roethlisberger. Steelers give Leinart a chance and they pick up an extra 1st by dumping their damaged goods off to someone who may want them. I think his former relationship with the Arizona coaching staff, could make Ben more pallatable to the Arizona faithful.

That actually sounds somewhat plausible.

Yeah, I forgot all about Arizona. I wish they would send him to Oakland or Buffalo. Preferably Buffalo.

yeah, when they mentioned Texans, I figured they were going to ask for Mario or maybe our talisman, the best pro athlete in Houston since Hakeem Olajuwon, your #1 WR Sir Andre Johnson (yeah he deserves to be knighted)

but when they mentioned Schaub I was like, what? Why would we do that even straight up? then they started talking about multiple picks and they lost me. My wife and I actually got a good chuckle out of it.

The Cardinals are the only team I could see him going to other than maybe Buffalo. Cleveland would be a possibility because Ben is from Ohio, but that is the Steelers historical rival and divisional. No way in hell.

I have no idea how a team could keep its fans if they traded for Roethlisburger. It's one thing to be the Steelers and being kind of stuck with him. But, to essentially take advantage of the fact that he essentially raped a girl in order to get good value for a starting QB... if my team did that, they wouldn't be my team anymore!

I agree with the above, I would have a very hard time cheering my team if he was on it. Maybe I'm immature, but he crossed a line.

I have no idea how a team could keep its fans if they traded for Roethlisburger. It's one thing to be the Steelers and being kind of stuck with him. But, to essentially take advantage of the fact that he essentially raped a girl in order to get good value for a starting QB... if my team did that, they wouldn't be my team anymore!

as a father of 2 beautiful daughters, i gotta say I agree with you. sadly, it may not have been the first time she has been taken advantage of. she is a ZTA and from my days at UT-Austin (not a frat guy), sorority girls are almost always farmed out to their big brother fraternity during some of their socials and dances. sometimes it wasn't as consensual as it should have been and with a mixture of booze and peer pressure, some of these girls were having sex with guys they hardly knew and with guys that wanted nothing to do with them other than a post-party nutting. that was actually the norm.

one thing is for sure, my daughters will never be in a social sorority. if they want to join an academic organization or something like PBK or something, so be it. i don't think my kids need to have me buy them friends. let them make friends themselves naturally and have less peer pressure to drink, party, and have sex.

I agree with the above, I would have a very hard time cheering my team if he was on it. Maybe I'm immature, but he crossed a line.

I don't think its immature at all. I think it would be more immature to gloss over the situation and say that you'll cheer for him (or an organization that signs him) no matter what.

Football players are just guys. They're just people. They're not saints and they're going to make mistakes. That's fine. But this looks like it goes way past a mistake or two. This is starting to go past sleezy and is getting wayyyy off into "creepy - needs psychological treatment" territory.

Roethlisberger was not a good QB when he got his first ring. He wasn't bad, he was just on the normal progression path for a young QB. But that ring made everyone think he was greater than he really is. He's grown into a pretty good QB, but I don't think he's great, and I don't think he's top 5 by any means. The only way he gets into that type if discussion is by pulling out the rings, but there are a dozen QBs in the NFL right now that I think would have won the SB with those Steelers teams. Football is such a team sport, but everyone wants to heap all the praise and all the blame on one position.

Anyway, there's no way Rapistberger is worth extra picks, and even without the baggage I'm not sure I'd trade Schaub for him straight up (unless he brings the rest of his team to win those rings).

Not much doubt why the victim didn't press the prosecutor to move ahead -
Ben wrote a check. But after this stuff comes out about how the bodyguards
presvented friends from helping her or the door with just her and Ben inside is locked or she is drunk andm virtually ehlpless, isn't just that enough for the prosecutor to proceed ?

Back