• Yes

Votes: 32 97.0%
  • I’m Lying

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Way too many people so entrenched in their positions about the team and the coach, whoever that might be. If the team loses, they feel validated. If they win, it’s because they won in spite of. You see a name, you already know what their take is before you even read it. It’s wash, rinse, repeat every single fricken week, and it reaches the point to where you ask yourself, “what am I learning here”? And when you figure out that you’re not, you think “what is the point of all this?”

I finally see now why former posters just got tired of it, and moved on. I’m a little thick headed, so I guess it took me longer to finally snap.

I hope that answers your question.

I don't see it that way at all … then again there are a few posters who are better left unread , especially if you (Or they) cant just agree to disagree and walk away.

For the most part there is a lot to learn here - If you are willing to listen or aren't so closed minded to think that its your way or no way.

I've changed my mind on many an issue over the years here.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
I can understand the burnout. I think the renovations here lately though have all been very positive.

I have a lot of opinions but find them swayed often on this team because of posters here. When I want Texans info I come here and I'm rarely disappointed.

(End infomercial)

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Good to see you posting again.

Hope to see more of your posts.

I've managed to take over your spot as most disliked poster on this MB, due to my position of the Texans cant win a SB with DW4 at QB. Which really makes me chuckle.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur

I've managed to take over your spot as most disliked poster on this MB, due to my position of the Texans cant win a SB with DW4 at QB. Which really makes me chuckle.
I wouldn't say disliked, but I would say most disagreed with. ;)
For instance, I would say it is very possible, but prolly not with this coach.
OB needs top 5 players at every position to bail him out.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
9-7 before season. 10-6 now. First round exit. Rinse. Repeat.

Sisyphus is a Houston Texan fan.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I wouldn't say disliked, but I would say most disagreed with. ;)
For instance, I would say it is very possible, but prolly not with this coach.
OB needs top 5 players at every position to bail him out.
I dont think he needs top 5 players at every position. He won 11 games last yr with a roster that didn't have this. He doesn't have a QB that's consistently in the top 5 this yr and that's the issue. A team goes as it's QB goes. Agreed about the 2 not winning a SB together. It ain't gonna happen. Difference is I dont think it's going to happen with a new HC either.

Texian

Hall of Fame

So much for me posting again, someone took it down. I guess they didn't like me praising Watson.

dream_team

Hall of Fame

I have no problem with your position... it's a fair opinion. I do have a problem with the constant contradictions, hypocrisies, and moving goalposts just to help support your opinion.

powda

When exactly did Texans Talk become the Third Reich?
You are encouraged to take any personal wars with another poster to "the basement" - there is a bit more latitude there but you are still expected to play friendly.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I have no problem with your position... it's a fair opinion. I do have a problem with the constant contradictions, hypocrisies, and moving goalposts just to help support your opinion.
My position is the Texans org wont win a championship with DW4 as QB no matter who the HC is unless he learns to read defenses better and step up into the pocket instead of drifting to his right and deliver accurate throws.

I've been very consistent in this belief.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club

C'mon, man, the victimhood chic doesn't look good on you. You're not disliked, but hold an unpopular opinion and will get criticism for it. You hold your own, though. :handshake:

All in all, I think you're a respected poster (i.e. 15,000+ likes), and I personally believe that you've got a lot thicker skin than you care to admit.

As far as your take on #4, you could be right. . .but, you could also be wrong. You tend to deal in absolutes, and that's okay. But you have to know that you'll get some resistance to it.

When exactly did Texans Talk become the Third Reich?
Forum philosophy has always been "attack the post, not the poster". There was nothing wrong with the majority of what you said, but you quoted a personal attack and added a bit of your own.

Repost 99% of what you said and it'll stand.

The forum almost disappeared completely in your absence. It was devolving into a toxic stew that needed to either be rectified or abolished completely. It was very close to being the latter, but many of us appreciate the place and would like for it to stay healthy for many years to come. That doesn't mean everyone agrees on things and sings Kumbaya together, but it does mean that the personal attacks will be much less tolerated.

btw, I've enjoyed reading you over the years regardless if I agree with you or not. You've got some solid, intelligent takes, and just need to keep from rolling in the mud. Let me (or any of the mods) know if you feel that you are being personally attacked and we will deal with it accordingly. We do not play favorites.

powda

C'mon, man, the victimhood chic doesn't look good on you. You're not disliked, but hold an unpopular opinion and will get criticism for it. You hold your own, though. :handshake:

All in all, I think you're a respected poster (i.e. 15,000+ likes), and I personally believe that you've got a lot thicker skin than you care to admit.

As far as your take on #4, you could be right. . .but, you could also be wrong. You tend to deal in absolutes, and that's okay. But you have to know that you'll get some resistance to it.

Forum philosophy has always been "attack the post, not the poster". There was nothing wrong with the majority of what you said, but you quoted a personal attack and added a bit of your own.

The forum almost disappeared completely in your absence. It was devolving into a toxic stew that needed to either be rectified or abolished completely. It was very close to being the latter, but many of us appreciate the place and would like for it to stay healthy for many years to come. That doesn't mean everyone agrees on things and sings Kumbaya together, but it does mean that the personal attacks will be much less tolerated.

btw, I've enjoyed reading you over the years regardless if I agree with you or not. You've got some solid, intelligent takes, and just need to keep from rolling in the mud. Let me (or any of the mods) know if you feel that you are being personally attacked and we will deal with it accordingly. We do not play favorites.
This is roughly a seminar on how all should interact with one another (me included.)

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Way too many people so entrenched in their positions about the team and the coach, whoever that might be. If the team loses, they feel validated. If they win, it’s because they won in spite of. You see a name, you already know what their take is before you even read it. It’s wash, rinse, repeat every single fricken week, and it reaches the point to where you ask yourself, “what am I learning here”? And when you figure out that you’re not, you think “what is the point of all this?”

I finally see now why former posters just got tired of it, and moved on. I’m a little thick headed, so I guess it took me longer to finally snap.

I hope that answers your question.
We need you Marcus.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
He wasn't happy with the NFL and took a break. I hope he sticks around. He's got some good football insight.
So do I.

I just said in the other thread, I used to enjoy watching peoples lust to battle him. I never understood why people got so worked up over his arguments there or in the NSZ, but boy some sure as hell did. It would be nice to see GP enter this place again one day. Remember him?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

I'm not a victim and have very thick skin. I believe what I believe and I'm not a follower when it comes to this stuff. The backlash is understandable because this franchise has never had a QB is good as DW4 is. That doesn't mean you can win a SB with him unless he's willing to learn and change some things. (Regardless of who the HC is) I honestly hope he does and proves me wrong. This is one of the things I do for fun and have met some great people.

I'm glad to have Texian back, he helps spice up the MB. What fun would this MB be if we all agreed. I've promised Doc that I would try to be more civil in the future although there are some things I disagree with about things some people are allowed to get away with. Here's to the new and improved me. LMAO

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
So do I.

I just said in the other thread, I used to enjoy watching peoples lust to battle him. I never understood why people got so worked up over his arguments there or in the NSZ, but boy some sure as hell did. It would be nice to see GP enter this place again one day. Remember him?
I miss GP

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
So much for me posting again, someone took it down. I guess they didn't like me praising Watson.
Eh... it was about you pointing out trolling. We failed you. The post you responded to should have been deleted the day it was made.

Forgive us.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
It's not because of that position. It's because of how you defend your position. You make a statement, then put your fingers in your ears.
Not at all.

People hear what they want to hear and I'm stating an unpopular opinion.

For instance DW4's been inconsistent this for the last 5 games. It's clear as day. But there's a segment of this MB that doesn't want to hear any of this in fact avatars have been made to illustrate this.

powda

My position is the Texans org wont win a championship with DW4 as QB no matter who the HC is unless he learns to read defenses better and step up into the pocket instead of drifting to his right and deliver accurate throws.

Your a stubborn sob and I ******* love you for it.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
I miss GP
He seemed like he was going nuts towards the end of his tenure here. I know I had some bbad exchanges with him a few times, but before that him and I got along real well mostly. He used to post those comedic artwork memes and sigs that were pretty funny back then. He had a lot of battles in here himself that were interesting. He up and disappeared and never ever returned. I always had hoped that nothing bad happened to him or anything like that.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
So do I.

Yeah, I miss GP. He was always a fun read. He just disappeared without a trace. Which is kind of one of the sad parts about forum life. You make virtual friends, reading each other's thoughts, laughing, arguing, sharing a bond of celebration or agony over a mutual sports team. . .but we often never know what happens to each other in real life.

I've always wondered if GP just left and is doing fine out there or if something tragic happened. I choose to believe the former. . .

I'm not a victim and have very thick skin. I believe what I believe and I'm not a follower when it comes to this stuff. The backlash is understandable because this franchise has never had a QB is good as DW4 is. That doesn't mean you can win a SB with him unless he's willing to learn and change some things. (Regardless of who the HC is) I honestly hope he does and proves me wrong. This is one of the things I do for fun and have met some great people.

I'm glad to have Texian back, he helps spice up the MB. What fun would this MB be if we all agreed. I've promised Doc that I would try to be more civil in the future although there are some things I disagree with about things some people are allowed to get away with. Here's to the new and improved me. LMAO
Of course you're not a victim, which is why I thought your claim of being the "most disliked poster on this MB" was a bit odd.

Most disagreed with, perhaps, but certainly not disliked. Heck, I don't agree with you on #4, but I still like ya' (and hope the feeling is mutual). :friends:

Funny thing is that I'm so cynical that I doubt my NFL will ever be in a SB, so in a roundabout way, I ultimately agree with you (just maybe disagree on the reasons why, I guess. . .maybe not. . .) And the odds alone are in favor of your argument. There is only one winner any given year, and they tend to be cyclical and often the same franchises over and over.

But all that said, back to the point, let's have fun with each other's perspectives - agree and/or disagree - but respect each other as individuals.

We should all try to be new and improved! Myself included. I try to keep my snark playful, and never want to make anyone feel disrepsected or inferior. Golden Rule and all that jazz. :cowboy1:

powda

Yeah, I miss GP. He was always a fun read. He just disappeared without a trace. Which is kind of one of the sad parts about forum life. You make virtual friends, reading each other's thoughts, laughing, arguing, sharing a bond of celebration or agony over a mutual sports team. . .but we often never know what happens to each other in real life.

I've always wondered if GP just left and is doing fine out there or if something tragic happened. I choose to believe the former. . .

Of course you're not a victim, which is why I thought your claim of being the "most disliked poster on this MB" was a bit odd.

Most disagreed with, perhaps, but certainly not disliked. Heck, I don't agree with you on #4, but I still like ya' (and hope the feeling is mutual). :friends:

Funny thing is that I'm so cynical that I doubt my NFL will ever be in a SB, so in a roundabout way, I ultimately agree with you (just maybe disagree on the reasons why, I guess. . .maybe not. . .) And the odds alone are in favor of your argument. There is only one winner any given year, and they tend to be cyclical and often the same franchises over and over.

But all that said, back to the point, let's have fun with each other's perspectives - agree and/or disagree - but respect each other as individuals.

We should all try to be new and improved! Myself included. I try to keep my snark playful, and never want to make anyone feel disrepsected or inferior. Golden Rule and all that jazz. :cowboy1:
Such is life. Best not to dwell on such things but if I go silent for longer then a week or 2 something is absurdly wrong.

I have a buddy who knows I post here. If something were to happen to me he'd likely post it.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Such is life. Best not to dwell on such things but if I go silent for longer then a week or 2 something is absurdly wrong.

I have a buddy who knows I post here. If something were to happen to me he'd likely post it.
When I ended up in the hospital with chronic pancreatitis I had my wife let the forum know.

I had taken an on/off break the past couple of years for reasons, but I tried to stop by from time to time. I really appreciated the positive vibes sent my way from many of y'all (including you, my friend).

I'm glad 'cak let people know that he was taking a break. His personality was a big presence in the forum and it was good for folks to know his leave of absence is due to a choice in real life.

powda

What a perfect very f'ed up topic. Perhaps I should leave my last will and testament here?

What could I leave the posters here...

powda

When I ended up in the hospital with chronic pancreatitis I had my wife let the forum know.

I had taken an on/off break the past couple of years for reasons, but I tried to stop by from time to time. I really appreciated the positive vibes sent my way from many of y'all (including you, my friend).

I'm glad 'cak let people know that he was taking a break. His personality was a big presence in the forum and it was good for folks to know his leave of absence is due to a choice in real life.
Life is far bigger then the 4 hours of football we watch per week. Wtf cares if we agree on what we see?

Dude, I once pm'ed you to meet up because your an assassin on the guitar. Lol. That wouldve been cool.

Eventually, every account here will go silent.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Life is far bigger then the 4 hours of football we watch per week. Wtf cares if we agree on what we see?

Dude, I once pm'ed you to meet up because your an assassin on the guitar. Lol. That wouldve been cool.

Eventually, every account here will go silent.
How we treat each other is what ultimately defines our character, not if we agree or not. Great point.
And I haven't forgotten our conversation and hope we can make plans to jam one day! Let's get something set up after the new year. We'll write a song and record it! :bguitar:

And you're right about going silent. I've often told people that in 100 years none of us will be alive, so why sweat the little things?

powda

@Double Barrel you used to post here often. Maybe your personal life got in the way or maybe you disagreed with something here?

This place is better with you. Stop being a stranger.

austins23

Hall of Fame
My friend, I'm not a hoarder, but I am a closet prepper. You'd get essential supplies for ten years plus. A honda civic in great condition with 29k miles and a solid porn collection.
Don't know why I typed "hoarder" my mind was saying "prepper".

powda

@Double Barrel you used to post here often. Maybe your personal life got in the way or maybe you disagreed with something here?

This place is better with you. Stop being a stranger.
Maybe some of the newer posters aren't familiar with you because you dont post nearly as often as you used to.

For the new guys, if you see db post, make way. Dude could single handedly turn a 6 page thread with 1 sentence.

I'd love to see you as active as you used to be. @Double Barrel you always were a badass and still are. Dont ever hesitate to ask me for anything you need.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Maybe some of the newer posters aren't familiar with you because you dont post nearly as often as you used to.

For the new guys, if you see db post, make way. Dude could single handedly turn a 6 page thread with 1 sentence.

I'd love to see you as active as you used to be. @Double Barrel you always were a badass and still are. Dont ever hesitate to ask me for anything you need.
Awe, shucks, thanks man! I'm not worthy, but I do appreciate the kind words. I'm back, tho'! And glad to be a part of making the forum a better place for everyone. :cowboy1:

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club

Totally agree. DB is one of the posters I most enjoy to read, even I don't always agree

Texian

Hall of Fame

I disagree, I think Watson could win multiple Super Bowls. Just not with O'Brien as HC and Cal McNair as the owner.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I disagree, I think Watson could win multiple Super Bowls. Just not with O'Brien as HC and Cal McNair as the owner.
Fair enough.

I think he could too if he improves on the things I've posted about. So far not.much progress has been made.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Cal McNair could potentially get high one night and accidentally make a good hire though. It has happened before. It likely won't, but I agree that we'll never win squat with OB. I liked him a lot when we first hired him, but after while he didn't evolve and become a better HC like I thought he would.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Cal McNair could potentially get high one night and accidentally make a good hire though. It has happened before. It likely won't, but I agree that we'll never win squat with OB. I liked him a lot when we first hired him, but after while he didn't evolve and become a better HC like I thought he would.
I see the situation being reversed, a top notch winning coach gets high one night and accepts Cal's offer. No self respecting winning coach is going to come to team with a meddling owner with a 2 year deficiency in high draft picks.