Votes: 32 97.0%
  • I’m Lying

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
In a heartbeat.

Especially considering who they've played and all of the injuries they've sustained. Without the depleted secondary they would've beaten the Colts despite the officials Indy'ing them.

The Colts are going to find out soon how the other half live with Brissett/TY going down and Hoyerable playing QB regularly for them.

Last edited:

DanielTx

Veteran
To answer your question, yes. I didn’t expect us to be perfect with the new pieces we added right away. This team could very well be 9-0 if the defense played decent early on. People don’t realize this but we haven’t lost a game this season by more than 7 points. We have something special here. We know Deshaun and the offense will show up. It’s just the coaching and defense that holds us back. Today was a nice victory, sure. That doesn’t mean this team should get lazy on the bye week. When you bring in a culture changer, you notice your team feeds off of the leader. Our qb has one of the highest work ethics in the league. That rubs off on other players. JJ was the same in his prime. It’s nice to see this team winning.

We have the Ravens, colts, pats, broncos, titans, bucs, titans left on the schedule. I think we beat the Ravens, colts, broncos bucs and sweep the titans. This is where the team gets hot. The only lost I see maybe is to the patriots. There defense is playing better than the 85 bears 02 ravens. If anybody can take down a great defense. It’s Deshaun. If they win that game which is hard to predict because the refs always helps Brady. It’s going to be interesting a game. If Deshaun manages to win, I think he’ll be looked at as the best qb in the league

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
To answer your question, yes. I didn’t expect us to be perfect with the new pieces we added right away. This team could very well be 9-0 if the defense played decent early on. People don’t realize this but we haven’t lost a game this season by more than 7 points. We have something special here. We know Deshaun and the offense will show up. It’s just the coaching and defense that holds us back. Today was a nice victory, sure. That doesn’t mean this team should get lazy on the bye week. When you bring in a culture changer, you notice your team feeds off of the leader. Our qb has one of the highest work ethics in the league. That rubs off on other players. JJ was the same in his prime. It’s nice to see this team winning.

We have the Ravens, colts, pats, broncos, titans, bucs, titans left on the schedule. I think we beat the Ravens, colts, broncos and sweep the titans. This is where the team gets hot. The only lost I see maybe is to the patriots. There defense is playing better than the 85 bears 02 ravens. If anybody can take down a great defense. It’s Deshaun. If they win that game which it is hard to predict because the refs always helps Brady. It’s going to be interesting a game. If Deshaun manages to win, I think he’ll be looked at as the best qb in the league
The DeShaun Texans are the greatest

Reactions: ROO

DanielTx

Veteran
The DeShaun Texans are the greatest
No, the team as a whole has been playing good. Regarding the offense, Deshaun and Hopkins have been the most consistent. Sure, he’s made some mistakes like the Car game but that’s because the coach didn’t play to his strengths. Only time this guy loses is bc of poor play calling and defensive let downs. I think he’s an obsessed winner like Brady and Jordan.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
No, the team as a whole has been playing good. Regarding the offense, Deshaun and Hopkins have been the most consistent. Sure, he’s made some mistakes like the Car game but that’s because the coach didn’t play to his strengths. Only time this guy loses is bc of poor play calling and defensive let downs. I think he’s an obsessed winner like Brady and Jordan.
Your entitled to your opinion.

He needs to become more consistent and play regularly like he did today against playoff caliber teams.

I like the changes BOB made in the offense.

DanielTx

Veteran
Your entitled to your opinion.

He needs to become more consistent and play regularly like he did today against playoff caliber teams.

I like the changes BOB made in the offense.
He wins afc offensive player of the month and you want him to be more consistent.

Which games this season that indicates he’s been inconsistent

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
He wins afc offensive player of the month and you want him to be more consistent.

Which games this season that indicates he’s been inconsistent
I'm talking about stringing games together.

Not just having a couple of great games then having a Colts/Panthers type games. Once this happens and I believe it will in the current offense BOB's running if Watson can stay healthy in this style of offense. (Big if in my mind)

You think he's Jesusincleats and I think he's a young still learning QB, so we aren't ever going to agree, but I'm happy, Watson was great today.

banned1976

sleeper mode
Yes, I would take it, and I’d believe it if you told me Luck would retire, Mahomes would be playing the Texans injured, and Foles would be out for the season. Oh, and Ramsey would be traded.

I remain grounded when it comes to the Texans. They’ve been impressive at times, especially with their own injuries to overcome. I still don’t see them as legitimate contenders. They played a good all-around game today but they’re very inconsistent. That includes both Watson and O’Brien.

6-3, great, I love it. But I’m not getting fooled into believing they’re a special team with real potential to be a force in the playoffs, assuming they get into the playoffs.

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
Playoffs is about playing 3-4 good weeks vs the best. Havent sent that consistency yet. Schedule has proved to be easier than expected.

DW4 is the key. When he awesome the texans are awesone.

Like what I see, but OBs I ineptitude as a HC is still so obvious.

I fear DW4 wont be able to overcome OB in playoffs. But maybe OB gets just enough better and DW4 becomes legend.

6-3??? Didnt see it coming

DanielTx

Veteran
I'm talking about stringing games together.

Not just having a couple of great games then having a Colts/Panthers type games. Once this happens and I believe it will in the current offense BOB's running if Watson can stay healthy in this style of offense. (Big if in my mind)

You think he's Jesusincleats and I think he's a young still learning QB, so we aren't ever going to agree, but I'm happy, Watson was great today.
Why can’t he be both? Of course Watson isn’t perfect but let’s not act like our losses are because of him. Let’s not act like he isn’t practicing in the same stadium after a loss or he doesn’t have a high work ethic. He’s one of the greats. Just face it, after his career is over, your comments will look silly here. I do respect your opinion. To make you feel better. Yes, he will get hurt in the future because of his playstyle. That’s how the nfl works and every player goes through it, some more than others but honestly.

I wish mahomes would get back healthy again. I’m rooting for that guy because no one else is challenging Watson in the mvp race for the afc and tribusky being taken over him

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
6-3, great, I love it. But I’m not getting fooled into believing they’re a special team with real potential to be a force in the playoffs, assuming they get into the playoffs
Agreed. I personally don't care what the record is now & don't think I projected a week 9 w-l

To me, this is all preparation. Getting ready for December when teams are playing for something. I'm not saying these games are meaningless. 6-3 is a good place to be. It's better than 2-7.

But I'm more interested in what this team does in January than what they did in October. Good job & all that, but we've been here before. Time to turn the page.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Agreed. I personally don't care what the record is now & don't think I projected a week 9 w-l

To me, this is all preparation. Getting ready for December when teams are playing for something. I'm not saying these games are meaningless. 6-3 is a good place to be. It's better than 2-7.

But I'm more interested in what this team does in January than what they did in October. Good job & all that, but we've been here before. Time to turn the page.
I'm just glad the team has enough depth to survive and hopefully get everybody healthy for December.

I'll take it. On film we could do better in areas. With that said, my ultimate gauge with this team will come during playoff time. Its why I can give Bill O'Brien credit in an individual game but I'm not going to praise him as some great coach. With that said, everything is tracking in a better direction than I expected going in by this time of the year. The next 3 weeks are going to be huge after the bye and I can see us going 2-1 realistically.

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
no I thought we would be 8-1 or 7-2 the only loss I had was us losing to the chiefs and I had I hopes we would beat the saints week 1 but didnt happen

losing the Carolina at home was a head scratcher IMO

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
We always say you can't fix all your problems in one offseason. But BO'b got pretty damn close. OL & Secondary were huge issues at the end of 2018.

Now, I'm feeling really good about both.

I hate Bill O'Brien. Just to be clear.
You can fix a problem or 2 each yr.

Last yr was fixing the ST's/S positions

This yr was OL/CB/Adding WR depth and RB upgrades.

Sounds like you dont like BOB personally?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I don't know him personally.

I think he was handed a playoff team that needed a push. Like Chucky going to Tampa. We've been treading water for 5 years. This season is the first season we appear to be moving forward.

But I ain't forgot the last five.
Gotta disagree with you there.

The Texans were never winning a championship with RS as GM. He drafted some great players but didn't have a clue when it came to roster building.

This is the best team they've had since 2011. Why? depth.

I cant wait until Caserio gets here to help BOB. He didn't want the GM job but has done a fine job. Easterby is teaching Cal how to build an org that's going to last instead of the flash in the pan seasons we've had before. Provided that BOB/Watson continue growing and Watson can stay healthy.

Mangler

Toro de España
Gotta disagree with you there.

The Texans were never winning a championship with RS as GM. He drafted some great players but didn't have a clue when it came to roster building.

This is the best team they've had since 2011. Why? depth.

I cant wait until Caserio gets here to help BOB. He didn't want the GM job but has done a fine job. Easterby is teaching Cal how to build an org that's going to last instead of the flash in the pan seasons we've had before. Provided that BOB/Watson continue growing and Watson can stay healthy.
Seems like the entire culture changed once Cal had Complete control of the organization. There’s absolutely no way in hell Bob McNair would have fired his GM after one season, then gave full control of the roster to the HC letting him be HC, OC, and GM. There’s also ZERO chance that Kenny Stills would be a Texan if Bob was still here. Things really have changed down in Kirby after all. Here’s hoping that Caserio is part of the Texans come the 2020 season!

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
When I saw the thread title, I was going to post why I said yes. But after reading, I’m gonna pass.

EDIT: I‘ve just reached the conclusion that being a member of this MB detracts from my enjoyment of watching the team. I don’t know why it took so long for me to finally figure that out. But now that I have ........,

Last edited:

76Texan

Hall of Fame
I figured 5-4, so I'd definitely take 6-3.
The NFL wants star powers just like any other league, and the Texans do have them.

Didn't count on the defense to play like today, though.
That part seems like a mirage, I'm not expecting it to be consistent in the second half.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Honestly , I expected them to be 7-2 at this point …. with losses to New Orleans and Kansas City.

I feel like they are better than both Indy and Carolina and was highly disappointed they lost those games.

They got a helping hand today from the Steelers knocking off the Dolts … but the Pats let us down in a loss to the Ravens.

The first two games after the bye are HUGE in terms of playoff positioning. Win both and you are in the drivers seat for the #2 seed , first round bye and hosting the divisional round.

As it stands now If the playoffs opened tomorrow …. we'd get the Dolts again.
1)Pats
2)Ravens
3)Texans
4)Chiefs
5)Bills
6)Dolts

Beat the Ravens next week and you stake your claim to that #2 spot …. but then you have to beat the Dolts the following week …. lose to the Dolts and they move into the catbirds seat for the #2 seed having beaten the Chiefs head to head and you are essentially a game behind them for the division while tied and you are the 6 seed.

Really cant complain about where they stand right now but the margin for error is slim.
They control their own destiny ….

Win Both - #2 seed

Beat the Ravens & lose to the Dolts - 6 seed

Lose to the Ravens and beat the Dolts …. the 3 seed.

Lose both …. the 6 seed.

That second meeting with Indy is pretty much make or break no matter what happens in Baltimore.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
When I saw the thread title, I was going to post why I said yes. But after reading, I’m gonna pass.

EDIT: I‘ve just reached the conclusion that being a member of this MB detracts from my enjoyment of watching the team. I don’t know why it took so long for me to finally figure that out. But now that I have ........,
I hate that you feel this way.

What makes you feel this way?

Texansballer74

The Marine
With all the drama that went on during the off-season. Again not giving his day one starters the right amount of snaps throughout preseason. Waiting to the last minute to acquire a true Left tackle. How the injury bug keeps striking us every week. The tough ash schedule. Heck yeah I will take a 6-3 at the bi.

Credit to Bill O’Brien and staff along with the players for fighting through adversity and performing at the highest level.

I had them at 4-5

House of Pain

Wild Speculator
Just to clarify: I’m not saying this team is going to do anything in the playoffs, let alone make them. I just know that 6-3 at the bye was a better record than I recall most of the TT members picking.

Reactions: JB

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
I hate that you feel this way.

What makes you feel this way?
Way too many people so entrenched in their positions about the team and the coach, whoever that might be. If the team loses, they feel validated. If they win, it’s because they won in spite of. You see a name, you already know what their take is before you even read it. It’s wash, rinse, repeat every single fricken week, and it reaches the point to where you ask yourself, “what am I learning here”? And when you figure out that you’re not, you think “what is the point of all this?”

I finally see now why former posters just got tired of it, and moved on. I’m a little thick headed, so I guess it took me longer to finally snap.

I hope that answers your question.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Way too many people so entrenched in their positions about the team and the coach, whoever that might be. If the team loses, they feel validated. If they win, it’s because they won in spite of. You see a name, you already know what their take is before you even read it. It’s wash, rinse, repeat every single fricken week, and it reaches the point to where you ask yourself, “what am I learning here”? And when you figure out that you’re not, you think “what is the point of all this?”

I finally see now why former posters just got tired of it, and moved on. I’m a little thick headed, so I guess it took me longer to finally snap.

I feel the same... not the same board

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

I get this and have felt this way before. I'm trying to get back to looking at the personnel side of things. The Texans finally have a good team with a potentially great young QB and a HC that's doing everything he can to put as much great young talent around him. The future is bright as long as Watson stays healthy and I see it as a sign of growth that BOB was willing to change the offense to fit Watson's style of play

I'm going to start focusing on the draft. That's a forum of really good guys who disagree on players, but the back and forth is alot of fun and we learn alot about guys that we weren't initially familiar with.

You should check out the mock that I'm going to put out later this week when I have time and even if you don't know anything about these guys check out the back and forth between us drafniks. If you have any questions I'm more than happy to share my thoughts on any player/positions of need..

Remember this there are some great people on this MB, we just get sideways sometimes. Just like we are in the SZ, I disagree with you on almost everything but I respect you and have learned from your posts.

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
I think we go 4-3 the rest of the way and finish a playoff-bound 10-6. After that, 50-50 to make the 2nd round. No shot at a Soup Bowl berth.

dream_team

Hall of Fame

Amen! Preach on! Too many people on here care more about being "right" for some reason?

I left TT for a few months last season, but I eventually came back. I live in California and have no friends that are Texans fans. This is the only outlet I have to talk Texans.