Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Baltimore Ravens @ Houston Texans. 12/21. Noon. CBS. **Official Gameday Thread**

I thought we need pit to lose.

Everything is uncertain at this point. After today we'll know what we need to happen next weekend to make it.

I don't think we are outright eliminated from contention unless we lose today, but there are certain outcomes that are better than others. Playing around with the playoff machines there are scenarios where we, Pitt, and Baltimore all make it into the playoffs.

They have their #1 corner on Dhop and hes still making plays, looks good for our future with AJ questionable.

He looks better against the blitz and hes getting the ball out of his hands faster, wouldn't say hes better than fitz though yet. He still hasn't thrown a TD yet.

So the 0-8 wasn't in Case but if we win this week it's on him? Even w 2 turnovers and playing horrible. Amazing!

If you're going to throw to the sideline to Hopkins, at least give him a goddamn chance to make the catch. Be more accurate with the throw.

Yay, more field goals.

Three turnovers and complete and utter domination of this Ravens team and we're only up 12 points.

Bill O'Brien is such a great coach and so totally different than Gary Kubiak and every other coach in the NFL.

4th string QB against the #6 scoring defense in the league...up 22-7. This same team beat us 30-9 last year. You're a fool if you can't see the difference.

Alot of FG's but **** at this point its two touchdowns with a two point conversion away from a day. Case isn't looking terrible but lets be honest our defense is winning this game for us.

4th string QB against the #6 scoring defense in the league...up 22-7. This same team beat us 30-9 last year. You're a fool if you can't see the difference.

And the year before that we won 43-13. I'm happy we're winning. It's just not that impressive. This offense is a disaster. Thank God for the defense.

As long as he doesn't make a mistake, he'll do enough to not lose us this game. It would be a stretch to say he won it for us, though. That's mostly on the defense.

This. Either way, it will be awesome to finally add 1 to his win column if we hang on.

I'm happy we're winning. It's just not that impressive. This offense is a disaster. Thank God for the defense.

Yeah, but it's a disaster with a 4th string quarterback. Imagine what it would be with a real QB, whether drafted or Mallett, and a real OL.

Have you guys seen Fitz play well enough not to lose against a good team?

For as much **** as Fitz got in Houston this year he played a great season with us, coming in I didn't expect him to be anywhere close to as good as he was, he extended drives with his legs and despite all the short passes I would gladly have that guy back as a backup QB for us next year, hes much better than our other backup QB's in the past such as Leinart and Rosen.

Instead of the game ball, they'll just give Fat Randy a box of bear claws.

bacondonut.jpg

Completely agree. I understand some like to be overly aggressive in Case's, well, case, because of those who are overly defensive about him. But a little objectivity would be nice. If you expected more out of a guy who is basically straight off the street to starting against this defense then you're kidding yourself. He's done a decent job which is what we hoped for and expected.

We are on our 4th string and finding a way to win. Last year we were the worst team in the league. If we win we have a chance, though slim, at playoffs. Cheer up

As long as he doesn't make a mistake, he'll do enough to not lose us this game. It would be a stretch to say he won it for us, though. That's mostly on the defense.

Not to lose this game is a texans win. And with a forth stringer like case against the ravens, thats a big deal.

We are on our 4th string and finding a way to win. Last year we were the worst team in the league. If we win we have a chance, though slim, at playoffs. Cheer up

Yeah, and if we didn't blow games against Dallas, Indianapolis, Cincinnati or Pittsburgh, our playoff situation would be all but guaranteed. And we didn't have a 4th string QB in those games.

Good job Cushing. Give them life. Good ****ing job.

Back