Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

BADBOY'S 2021 college players to watch

Florida Gators Justin Shorter WR surrounded by three defenders who did not make a play on ball catches a TD pass. 13- 21 LSU ; now at halftime.

I stated last week that I had finally put Pitt QB Kenny Pickett on my watch list. Soon after, the media put him up there as well….with USA Today Sports even touting him as possibly the next Dan Marino or next best QB in Pitt history behind Marino. He had an impressive game at Georgia Tech today. Has that same short, compact, quick release that made Marino special. He probably spent his entire younger day emulating Marino since Pitt was the CFB program he’d always dreamed of playing for.
Just a heads up you are already aware of Pickett on ESPN 2 at 230 today.

Cross looked great first series but Neal allowed 2 Def guys thru. Fortunately for Alabama, Bryce Young was able to throw to John Metchie for a 46-yard touchdown.

Thibodeaux worries me much like Clowney did. Don’t want to say he’s going to be a Clowney but something makes me feel like I did when every analyst was saying the Texans have to pick Clowney…..and when the Texans weren’t exactly sure Clowney would be the #1 pick, no team was willing to trade into that spot for Clowney.

He's better than Clowney, he can bend around the corner.

His injury history would prevent me from picking him 1-1. Generally players that get hurt in college get hurt in the pro's.

Players I'll be watching Saturday Oct 23rd:

11 AM

ESPN Kansas vs Ok
Oklahoma: Edge Nik Bonitto, IDL Perrion Winfrey, RB Eric Gray, Edge Isaiah Thomas

Fox Michigan vs Northwestern
N'western safety Brandon Joseph
Michigan safety Daxton Hill

ABC Illinois vs Penn State
Penn State LB Brandon Smith, WR Jahan Dotson, safety Jaquan Brisker

ESPN 2 Cincinnati vs Navy

Cin Cb Ahmad Gardner, Edge Myjai Sanders, QB Desmond Ridder

CBS LSU vs Ole Miss

LSU Edge Ali Gaye *Note Derek Singletary out injured no report yet that he is pulling out to prepare for NFL draft.
Ole Miss QB Matt Corrall

ESPN Clemson vs Pittsburgh

Clemson CB Andrew Booth, IDL Tyler Davis
Pittsburgh QB Kenny Pickett

ABC Oregon vs UCLA

Oregon DE Kayvon Thibodeaux ACTUALLY MAY PLAY!,CB Mykael Wright, safety Verone McKinley
UCLA LT Sean Rhyan, RB Zach Charbonnet

6 PM
ESPN Alabama vs Tennessee
Alabama LT Evan Neal, LB Henry To'o To'o, safety Jordan Battle, LB Christian Harris, TE Jahleel Billingsley, WR John Metchie

NBC Notre Dame vs USC

ND safety Kyle Hamilton, RB Kyren Williams
USC Edge Drake Jackson , CB Drake London

ABC Ohio State vs Indiana

Ohio State RT Nicholas Petit-Frere, Edge Zach Harrison, LT Thayer Munford, WR Chris Olave, WR Garett Wilson

ESPN 2 N. Carolina vs Miami

Miami LT Zion Nelson
N Carolina QB Sam Howell

;

Clemson cornerback Andrew Booth Jr. missing in action at Syracuse. https://www.greenvilleonline.com/st...andrew-booth-jr-out-game-syracuse/8452749002/
Clemson cornerback Andrew Booth Jr. was a "pre-game scratch" and didn't play in Friday night's 17-14 victory against Syracuse at the Carrier Dome.
He was not listed as unavailable on Clemson’s pregame list, but the junior remained on the sideline throughout the game with his left leg taped up and stretching his legs.
"It was a hamstring strain," Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables said. "We're hopeful we'll get him back here. He practiced most of the week." Booth is the leading tackler in the Tigers' defensive secondary with 26 stops this season.

Sooners down 10 to nothing at halftime. Perhaps Rattler not the only issue. As in the NFL some college coaches are now being questioned and may be on the hot seat even this early in the season.

Trivia: Pittsburgh quarterback Kenny Pickett is a 6 year college player and just turned 23 June 6th.
Favored to beat Clemson at 2:30 on ESPN

…..not to mention, between the rest of the schedule, ACC playoff, and Bowl Game, Picket could have 60 CFB starts under his belt. That would also represent one hail of a resume.

…..not to mention, between the rest of the schedule, ACC playoff, and Bowl Game, Picket could have 60 CFB starts under his belt. That would also represent one hail of a resume.
This will be my first full time look at Pickett; Hope I'm impressed as other QBs have been lacking.

edit Announcer just said he is projected to 4th round. He gets sacked first series.

This will be my first full time look at Pickett; Hope I'm impressed as other QBs have been lacking.

edit Announcer just said he is projected to 4th round. He gets sacked first series.

Pitt got the win and it looks as though Pickett turned it around and had another very nice game. A few of his passes on ESPN Highlights we’re downright impressive and his 2nd TD throw was of NFL quality…..the arm angle had more Brett Favre than Dan Marino on it. By the way, if Pickett “is still” on the board come RD4….then I couldn’t get the selection to the stage quick enough.

Last edited:
Pitt got the win and it looks as though Pickett turned it around and had another very nice game. A few of his passes on ESPN Highlights we’re downright impressive and his 2nd TD throw was of NFL quality…..the arm angle had more Brett Favre than Dan Marino on it. By the way, if Pickett “is still” on the board come RD4….then I couldn’t get the selection to the stage quick enough.
I think he’s moving up the boards. I’m estimating he is drafted in round 2 if not round 1. We all know the QB position pushes them up the boards.

Pickett actually reminded me of Davis Mills in some respects. I'm really hoping we do not have to go quarterback in 2022. I just want to remind that I actually predicted that Tyrod Taylor will be our starting quarterback next season.

If you want to fix the OL and offense on the cheap

Draft Thayer Munford OG Ohio St. at the top of the 3rd.

Draft Charbonet in the 3rd

Trade back into the 3rd using a high 4th and a 6th for Jack Kramer.

This can be done before whatever draft capital you get from deadline deals, or trading Derrick.

You can still use your 1st/2nd rd picks on an edge and a CB. You could even trade down a bit in the 1st and still get a really quality player like Aidan Hutchinson.

This can be done. Caserio just needs to hit on his picks.

BTW, I laid out a conservative plan that's doable. Not the pie in the sky, three 1sts plus some other players that some posters think that Caserio will get for Derrick.

DL Zachary Carter 6'4" 285 plays DT; 3-4 DE and 4-3 DE Florida in 2020 5 sacks 36 pressures.

Safety Nick Cross 6'1" 215 Maryland

LB Devin Lloyd 6'3" 235 Utah 2021 7 games: 68 tackles 13 for loss 5 sacks 3 PBU 1 QB hit with 2 INTs NFL.com has him #16 over all at Senior Bowl.

CB Red shirt Soph Garrett Wilson 6' 190 Syracuse 2020 64 tackles 3 for loss 1 sack 10 PBU 2 INTs

DL Zachary Carter 6'4" 285 plays DT; 3-4 DE and 4-3 DE Florida in 2020 5 sacks 36 pressures.

LB Devin Lloyd 6'3" 235 Utah 2021 7 games: 68 tackles 13 for loss 5 sacks 3 PBU 1 QB hit with 2 INTs NFL.com has him #16 over all at Senior Bowl.

CB Red shirt Soph Garrett Wilson 6' 190 Syracuse 2020 64 tackles 3 for loss 1 sack 10 PBU 2 INTs
I really like Devi’s Lloyd. If we could add him or Nakobe Dean I’d be ecstatic.

I also like Chad Muma in the later rounds.

Who are your best 5 RBs in this draft?

Only following three for right now Kenneth Walker round 2 then Isaiah Spiller round 2 and falling to round 3 probably and finally Charbonnet out of UCLA.
Silly me I forgot Alabama's Brian Robinson. With Alabama's Talent it's hard to focus on just one area of the game. As I see him as back that can run as well as catch I actually have him rated higher than any of the other backs. Possibly a late round one.

I’ll be looking for RB- Tyler Allgeier, BYU (5-11 @ 220 lbs) later as a solid selection if still on the board. He’s a solid North/South runner with surprising speed and the ability to catch out of the backfield. I was watching some highlights and the guy seems to move his solid NFL frame with some amazing smoothness. I also read that he might be capable of a 4.4-40.

I’ll be looking for RB- Tyler Allgeier, BYU (5-11 @ 220 lbs) later as a solid selection if still on the board. He’s a solid North/South runner with surprising speed and the ability to catch out of the backfield. I was watching some highlights and the guy seems to move his solid NFL frame with some amazing smoothness. I also read that he might be capable of a 4.4-40.

In all honesty, I think the Texans could roll out a new and younger backfield (3) via the 2022 draft’s later rounds.

RB- Allgeier, BYU
RB- Charbonet, UCLA
RB- McCormick, UTSA

"Boy, did I ever get a wrong number(s)" !! Yeah, now that's more like it ! I must've been more than slightly inebriated ! Somebody, somewhere - is 6'1" 195 and finished 2nd at state in the 200 meters, and 3rd in the 100. Sounds like a FS to me !
Man I do that frequently as I often have more than one thing going and none involve alcohol lol. Right now as well as posting here I am watching Georgia vs Missouri; Minnesota vs Illinois 14-0 upset BTW and reviewing two big boards.

I'm watching the Ohio State/Nebraska game, and I think we might need to take a look at some of the linebackers from Nebraska. Some look better in zone than our linebackers do.
I think Thibodeaux will be gone [unless Lions surprises the world and goes QB] leading us to trade down. Setting aside for now that and any trade results for DW, I am hoping Utah's Devin LLoyd is available at 2.34. After 9 games: 81 tackles 6 sacks 1 forced fumble 5 PD with 3 INTs and a TD. I'll put those on table against anyone. lol

I'm watching the Ohio State/Nebraska game, and I think we might need to take a look at some of the linebackers from Nebraska. Some look better in zone than our linebackers do.

2 of my favorite LB's that could be had in 3rd rd are Rose from Iowa St. and Smith from Penn St. those guys can run and take good angles to the ball.

I think Thibodeaux will be gone [unless Lions surprises the world and goes QB] leading us to trade down. Setting aside for now that and any trade results for DW, I am hoping Utah's Devin LLoyd is available at 2.34. After 9 games: 81 tackles 6 sacks 1 forced fumble 5 PD with 3 INTs and a TD. I'll put those on table against anyone. lol

I could see a team in the top 5 like Philly or Washington trading up for Corral.

I could see a team in the top 5 like Philly or Washington trading up for Corral.

Corral played really well today on 1 leg. Delivered the ball accurately despite playing obviously injured. Guy's a real tough guy. I'm starting to come around on Corral being a franchise QB and somebody trading up to 1-1 or 1-2 to get Corral.

Back