Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

BADBOY's 2019 offseason FA, trade possibilities and draft thoughts

I'd love this but don't even understand why the Texans did it..
The only comparable contract situation I'm aware of to Osweiler is the Skins deal with Alex Smith. He still has $21.6 million of signing bonus to amortize. That's not going away. But, he also has $31 million of guaranteed salary over 2019 & 2020. That could go away if they traded Smith. But who would trade for that contract and player who may never play again? A team with cap space they aren't using.

Are the Skins in cap trouble enough to trade a pick to get rid of Smith's guaranteed money? I don't know. They have about $10 million in cap room still. But, that's the kind of situation that a cap strapped team might want to deal with a bad contract, as opposed to cutting valuable players or restructuring contracts and pushing cap hits into the future.

Interesting may be whom is cut in NFL after draft. Several players cut to save cap perhaps others Texans could use will be cut when teams have secured quality draft pick(s). For example, NE with 1.32, 2.56 and 2.64 could pick replacements and let go some quality. Green Bay with 1.30, 2.44 and 3.75 similarly. Would you take those packages if offered for Jadeveon? I would.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Network Insider just reported that Miss State DE has a pre-existing heart condition that was not publicly known before Indy with combine medics allowing to participate as "low risk". His doctors refer to privacy but "medically cleared for SEC season, Senior Bowl and combine." No diagnosis.

One of my under radar guys corner Donnie Lewis had meeting with Saints who he said were impressed how quick he caught on after diagramming plays. Saints aware of own backyard and this Tulane player. Lewis said he is to meet Texans. He is recovering from a Jones fracture that occurred 2nd practice before Shrine game. Love to get him as UDFA and see him as a FS as well as corner.

A thought: Giants select RT Jumann Taylor #6. Trade #17 for Clowney and TE Griffen. OT Jonah Williams falls to Houston at #17. Greedy Williams #23. CB Julian Love # 54 and RB Damien Harris #55.

Who will play right tackle ?

A thought: Giants select RT Jumann Taylor #6. Trade #17 for Clowney and TE Griffen. OT Jonah Williams falls to Houston at #17. Greedy Williams #23. CB Julian Love # 54 and RB Damien Harris #55.

Clowney is worth more than just a 1st. What else did they give us?

Who will play right tackle ?
If Jonah W beats out D, Henderson remains RT with my third round Max Scharping pushing him. I don't see Gaines spending any our top three on two OTs when he obviously thinks S.H. can be starter. If Jonah doesn't beat out D he challenges RT.

While I agree, don't think Giants will. My hope is we could get 17 and 37. I have JD point eval at about 1200. If I could get Jonah for Griffin and Clowney, done deal.
No way JD is worth the 12th overall pick in the 2019 Draft ! I dunno how did you arrive at that evaluation ?

While I agree, don't think Giants will. My hope is we could get 17 and 37. I have JD point eval at about 1200. If I could get Jonah for Griffin and Clowney, done deal.

I'd rather give up our third to move up to 17 (ahead of Minn) for best avail OT than that deal

No way JD is worth the 12th overall pick in the 2019 Draft ! I dunno how did you arrive at that evaluation ?
Simply looking at edge pass rushers available starting at 1.17 where Giants pick. I evaluate what Clowney has proven to bring rather consistently not only in stats but impact. I consider health of both (ex: Montez Sweat). I also figure in name recognition of pick vs Clowney as I did when suggesting trade with Raiders. Clowney has more name value in Las Vegas than NY but only by slight margin. It's not only about point table but what can be gotten. As stated, I want 1.17 and 2.37 total 1480. Needs of trade partner are considered (why I added TE Griffin). Even if you think they are not worth 1480 both would fill huge needs for Giants. I also said NY prob would not do that but I can see 1.17 @950. Contingent on Jonah avail there.

I'd rather give up our third to move up to 17 (ahead of Minn) for best avail OT than that deal
Your trade keeps Clowney who may never play another down for us and Griffen whom most want cut + His cap hit. $18.5 mill for both. You give up 2 guys, one at 23 has to be a starter and quality depth at 3.86 (OT Scharping, RB Snell, RB. Henderson or a corner).
My trade does opposite that plus gives us best LT in draft by many opinions as would yours but gives us 37th and keeps 86th!

Your trade keeps Clowney who may never play another down for us and Griffen whom most want cut + His cap hit. $18.5 mill for both. You give up 2 guys, one at 23 has to be a starter and quality depth at 3.86 (OT Scharping, RB Snell, RB. Henderson or a corner).
My trade does opposite that plus gives us best LT in draft by many opinions as would yours but gives us 37th and keeps 86th!

Who you gonna replace Clowney with?

Who you gonna replace Clowney with?
Duke Egiofor... Playing in only 15% snaps he had 9 tackles one for loss, one sack and 2 QB hurries. Defended two passes and with say 15 pound loss he would be even quicker than he looked. Younger, healthier and costs peanuts next three seasons. He will not equate JD probably but with him starting you have a great OT prospect in Jonah and keep #23 and perhaps #37; it's a package to consider not just who replaces Clowney.

Who the hell is trading for Griffin?

Half of us think the real question is why OB was running him out on the field at all.

Half of us think the real question is why OB was running him out on the field at all.
I think he has little value to Texans but perhaps quite a bit for Giants. He'd prob be successful next to Juwaan Taylor.

I think he has little value to Texans but perhaps quite a bit for Giants. He'd prob be successful next to Juwaan Taylor.

He would have more value as a sacker at Koeger's if last yrs performance was any indication.

I'd be extremely stoked if the Texans could get a RD1 and an early RD4 for Clowney. Griffin should be set next to the curb the night before trash day and let another team....like the Texans do....pick him up at night and think they stole someone else's treasure.

Last edited:

Another question is why do the Giants, a rebuilding team, think Clowney is worth the 17th pick? When our own fans don’t think Clowney should get a long term contract because of his injury history? The Giants will just dismiss that? Some fans can only see one side of the equation.

Another question is why do the Giants, a rebuilding team, think Clowney is worth the 17th pick? When our own fans don’t think Clowney should get a long term contract because of his injury history? The Giants will just dismiss that? Some fans can only see one side of the equation.

A proven commodity versus a rookie with zero time in the NFL. Also, why would any veteran get traded if this was the formula used to determine his value?

A proven commodity versus a rookie with zero time in the NFL. Also, why would any veteran get traded if this was the formula used to determine his value?

And a multiple pro bowler at that. Only takes one team to believe his knees not a ticking time bomb... but there has to be one. We don't know what kind of offers they are receiving and may never

Yes, but teams seem to ignore that every year

Understood to a degree, but that's "ordinary" ACLs, etc. that teams are used to. It's not microfracture where Clowney is almost unique. Now maybe ignorance works to their benefit. Hasn't so far.

Maybe the Texans should get creative, a 2nd this season and a 3rd each year he plays up to 4 total.

Understood to a degree, but that's "ordinary" ACLs, etc. that teams are used to. It's not microfracture where Clowney is almost unique. Now maybe ignorance works to their benefit. Hasn't so far.

Maybe the Texans should get creative, a 2nd this season and a 3rd each year he plays up to 4 total.

Microfracture surgery is getting more common in last couple of years and enough have returned to play at a good level, so some team will think he can make it through a 4-5 year contract... especially if it's front loaded

There's also that 15-20 mil per yr thingy that could make teams take pause at trading for Clowney.

Microfracture surgery is getting more common in last couple of years and enough have returned to play at a good level, so some team will think he can make it through a 4-5 year contract... especially if it's front loaded
Why won’t the Texans think that? They’re swimming in cap space. If Clowney’s injury history is not an issue, why not extend him?

Why won’t the Texans think that? They’re swimming in cap space. If Clowney’s injury history is not an issue, why not extend him?
Because they don't have to. They have option to tag which is safest for them. Other teams have to pay to get him. We get deal we want or keep a good player at priority position with only a annual risk. Poker?

Sizzle sells the steak and sometimes steak is worth the cost. We signed players with injury histories last few weeks. $ and contract length depend on perceived risk and hopeful reward. This formula is a basic part of life. A trade or not team cannot lose.

Zierlein: Ranking 2019 NFL Draft position groups, strongest to weakest

In ranking the position groups of this year’s draft, it’s important to acknowledge the criteria. Obviously identifying star-caliber players is one of the most significant factors, but there are only so many of those guys in any given draft. Depth is clearly very important, but determining "future starter" depth and "backup" depth helps to stack the positions more accurately. Long story short: The pecking order below is the marriage of various assessments on the talent and depth at each position. And No. 1’s a surprise to nobody who’s been following this draft class …

1) Interior defensive line: Defensive tackle has been held up as this draft’s strong suit, and for good reason — the position could produce as many as seven or eight of the top 50 players selected in this year’s draft. Guys like Quinnen Williams, Christian Wilkins, Ed Oliver, Dexter Lawrence and Jeffery Simmons have received plenty of attention as first-round candidates, and the position’s riches will spill into Day 2 of the draft. But the talent pool isn’t limitless here. Teams that haven’t addressed DT by Friday of draft weekend could be left in a lurch, as there isn’t as much depth in the middle to late rounds.

2) Edge: While Josh Allen carries my highest grade as an edge talent, he’s way behind Bradley Chubb from last year’s class. That said, this year’s group is much deeper overall. Allen and Montez Sweat have huge upside, but Nick Bosa might be the safer (though less explosive) option. Depending on whether or not teams reach for rushers, the strength of this position should be from about pick No. 24 until the end of the third round.

3) Interior offensive line: This position is helped out a great deal if Jonah Williams and Cody Ford are included here, instead of at tackle — which is what I’m doing. Williams offers rare versatility, but many teams see him as a guard or center. Garrett Bradbury leads a list of three centers with instant-impact potential. There is enough guard depth to project a decent number of early starters and future starters headed all the way into the late-fourth and early-fifth round.

4) Offensive tackle: It won’t receive as much mention, but this year’s group of tackles offers a greater selection of starters and potential starters than we’ve seen since 2015. Jawaan Taylor and Andre Dillard will definitely go early, while Dalton Risner, Kaleb McGary and Greg Little all have a shot at going inside the top 40. Max Scharping and Tytus Howard are future starters at right and left tackle, respectively, while guys like Dennis Daley and Yodny Cajuste highlight a group of prospects offering good mid-round value.

5) Tight end: If your team needs a tight end, then you are in luck, relative to most drafts. In 2017, three tight ends went in Round 1 (O.J. Howard, Evan Engram and David Njoku), and there is an outside shot that could happen this year. Regardless, T.J. Hockenson, Noah Fant and Irv Smith Jr. are a talented top three, with upstarts like Kahale Warring, Dawson Knox, Jace Sternberger and Josh Oliver adding "future starter" value and solid depth available in Rounds 4-6.

6) Wide receiver: There aren’t any "can’t-miss" prospects in this group, but there is an interesting mixture of "solid" and "speculative" once you get into Rounds 2-4. D.K. Metcalf, Parris Campbell and Miles Boykin have rare traits, but require projection over tape. Hakeem Butler is big and physical, but has loads of drops. Guys like Deebo Samuel, A.J. Brown and Marquise Brown add stability. This is a markedly better and deeper group than last year’s class.

7) Safety: This group gets off to a slow start, considering it is missing anyone like Derwin James, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker or Keanu Neal. However, from the early-second until the fourth or fifth round, there is pretty good quality and depth. This safety class has several players offering diversity or "big nickel" potential. There are some smaller safeties like Jaquan Johnson who are just good football players. With potential corner-to-safety transitions, this group becomes even deeper.

8) Quarterback: It can be argued that ultimately a quarterback group is only as good as the top three-to-five players in the bunch. This year’s group has some splash at the top with Kyler Murray, Dwayne Haskins and, to a lesser extent, Drew Lock. However, I would argue that last year’s QB class (particularly, the five first-rounders) was more talented — and carried bigger upside — than this group as a whole.

9) Running back: This is a down year for impact running backs, with one player (Josh Jacobs) likely to be targeted in the back half of the first round. It will be hard to find early starters in this group, but Damien Harris and David Montgomery feel like instant contributors due to their style and consistency. While it is lighter at the top, this group offers solid depth in the middle rounds and should produce stout backups and committee candidates.

10) Cornerback: Your team picked a bad year to need a cornerback — well, at least a CB1. Over the past three drafts, at least four cornerbacks have been picked in the first round (counting the versatile Minkah Fitzpatrick in last year’s group). It could happen again this season, but some of those picks will be reaches. The trend of bigger, longer cornerback continues, and this is a fast cornerback group overall, but it lacks a bona fide star. Potential first-rounders like Deandre Baker and Byron Murphy are 4.5 40 guys. There is actually intriguing value on Day 3 in this group.

11) Linebacker: I wouldn’t call this a "bad linebacker draft," but it definitely thins out earlier than many teams would probably like. Devin White and Devin Bush are legitimate first-round talents, but Mack Wilson may be the only true second-round candidate, while a relatively small group of linebackers could fill out Rounds 3 and 4. There is decent backup/special teams depth available on Day 3.

Didn't see posted elsewhere and other FA thread gives me headaches but Trent Brown said Houston one of 3 teams offering deal.
https://footballmaven.io/texans/new...ding-into-free-agency-RWkpy6mp5UmGoYadhAC81Q/
Lost Soldier last year for non-monetary reason - family matter as preffer medical treatment for son was was nearby.
I think we lost out to the Raiders because Brown wanted live in the gambling mecca and entertainment capitol of the world. Nice try Brian but we all know that Houston can't compete with that sort of attractions.

Didn't see posted elsewhere and other FA thread gives me headaches but Trent Brown said Houston one of 3 teams offering deal.
https://footballmaven.io/texans/new...ding-into-free-agency-RWkpy6mp5UmGoYadhAC81Q/

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride. The story of the Texans as a franchise. I think they never had any intention of signing Brown. I could make a offer for a piece of property for a $1 that means made an offer, it looks good but I know I'm not going to get the property.

Gaine has to overpay if he wants FA's to come to Houston. I dont know why that is but think it probably has to do with the old mans (Cant let the inmates run the asylum comment.)

I just love to see the excuses when players dont want to play for this org. You've got to do what it takes to close the deal if you really want a guy. This is something neither the former GM nor the current GM were/are good at. 2nd place is the 1st loser.

For instance I cut a deal this morning with a PM of a construction company. We were slightly high on our bid, so I lowered the warranty cost so I could get the $$$$ up front that I was looking for.

There's always a deal to be made but the Texans org (Olsen) are inflexible with the way they structure things.

Last edited:
Always the bridesmaid, never the bride. The story of the Texans as a franchise. I think they never had any intention of signing Brown. I could make a offer for a piece of property for a $1 that means made an offer, it looks good but I know I'm not going to get the property.

Gaine has to overpay if he wants FA's to come to Houston. I dont know why that is but think it probably has to do with the old mans (Cant let the inmates run the asylum comment.)

I just love to see the excuses when players dont want to play for this org. You've got to do what it takes to close the deal if you really want a guy. This is something neither the former GM nor the current GM were/are good at. 2nd place is the 1st loser.

For instance I cut a deal this morning with a PM of a construction company. We were slightly high on our bid, so I lowered the warranty cost so I could get the $$$$ up front that I was looking for.

There's always a deal to be made but the Texans org (Olsen) are inflexible with the way they structure things.
But if you made a deal that was not feasably sound you'd be looking for another job. You often seem to want a deal just have deal and that's not sound business. While we don't have exact numbers, info after deals indicate Texans in running. Brown said Raiders offer was no brainer which indicates to me it was crazy $. I don't mind overpaying and willing to on Brown but not stupid $.

But if you made a deal that was not feasably sound you'd be looking for another job. You often seem to want a deal just have deal and that's not sound business. While we don't have exact numbers, info after deals indicate Texans in running. Brown said Raiders offer was no brainer which indicates to me it was crazy $. I don't mind overpaying and willing to on Brown but not stupid $.

In other words you're scared to make a deal to protect your QB because it may not work out and you may lose your job. This is a young 25 yr old LT we're talking about not some old over the hill guy.

With your line of thinking the Texans will continue to be the mediocre franchise that they've always been. I'm a calculated risk taker and would be more than willing to spend what it takes to secure a 25 yr old LT that can protect my franchise QB. This is the same thing is it was with Carr, get a franchise QB and fail to protect him. I guess you forgot how that turned out. Watson is likely to suffer a similar fate.

Like I said before I'm going to wait and see what happens until after the draft, but so far the Texans org has been unwilling to spend neither the FA's $$$$ (They've got the 2nd most in the league) or the draft capital to properly protect their franchise QB. If Watson get hurt (Which he will if he takes another 62 sacks next yr) then Gaine/BOB and the whole coaching staff should be fired and a new regime should be brought in that values protecting protecting Watson more than these guys do.

Like I said before, this is THE offseason that the OL has to get fixed. Watson's health is too important not to fix the OL. What worries me is at Pennis St.and with the Texans BOB has never seemed to have good OL's and doesn't seem to put the value in having a good OL as much as he should. IMHO This doesn't even speak to what I consider the keeping Devlin around for some reason to be an absolute failure in leadership. This bothers me more than any of the playcalling/use of TO's/Scheming/Challange usage stuff the posters on this MB constantly complain about.

In other words you're scared to make a deal to protect your QB because it may not work out and you may lose your job. This is a young 25 yr old LT we're talking about not some old over the hill guy.

With your line of thinking the Texans will continue to be the mediocre franchise that they've always been. I'm a calculated risk taker and would be more than willing to spend what it takes to secure a 25 yr old LT that can protect my franchise QB. This is the same thing is it was with Carr, get a franchise QB and fail to protect him. I guess you forgot how that turned out. Watson is likely to suffer a similar fate.

Like I said before I'm going to wait and see what happens until after the draft, but so far the Texans org has been unwilling to spend neither the FA's $$$$ (They've got the 2nd most in the league) or the draft capital to properly protect their franchise QB. If Watson get hurt (Which he will if he takes another 62 sacks next yr) then Gaine/BOB and the whole coaching staff should be fired and a new regime should be brought in that values protecting protecting Watson more than these guys do.

Like I said before, this is THE offseason that the OL has to get fixed. Watson's health is too important not to fix the OL. What worries me is at Pennis St.and with the Texans BOB has never seemed to have good OL's and doesn't seem to put the value in having a good OL as much as he should. IMHO This doesn't even speak to what I consider the keeping Devlin around for some reason to be an absolute failure in leadership. This bothers me more than any of the playcalling/use of TO's/Scheming/Challange usage stuff the posters on this MB constantly complain about.
Bothers me he kept Devlin too.
I'd have tried Wisconson's oline coach.

Gaines is calculated risk taker. You calculated yes, he calculated no. Texans are not mediocre.

Kiper’s Top 10 prospects by position

Quarterbacks
1. Dwayne Haskins, Ohio State
2. Kyler Murray, Oklahoma
3. Drew Lock, Missouri
4. Daniel Jones, Duke
5. Will Grier, West Virginia
6. Ryan Finley, NC State
7. Jarrett Stidham, Auburn
8. Tyree Jackson, Buffalo
9. Clayton Thorson, Northwestern
10. Gardner Minshew, Washington State
Running backs
1. Josh Jacobs, Alabama
2. Damien Harris, Alabama
3. David Montgomery, Iowa State
4. Miles Sanders, Penn State
5. Devin Singletary, Florida Atlantic
6. Trayveon Williams, Texas A&M
7. Justice Hill, Oklahoma State
8. Darrell Henderson, Memphis
9. Ryquell Armstead, Temple
10. Bryce Love, Stanford

Fullbacks/H-backs
1. Alec Ingold, Wisconsin
2. Trevon Wesco, West Virginia
3. Chandler Cox, Auburn
4. Winston Dimel, UTEP
5. George Aston, Pitt
6. Marcus Jones, Gannon
7. Joe Protheroe, Cal Poly
8. Darnell Woolfolk, Army
9. Carson Meier, Oklahoma
10. Andy Davidson, Army

Wide receivers
1. D.K. Metcalf, Mississippi
2. Terry McLaurin, Ohio State
3. Marquise Brown, Oklahoma
4. A.J. Brown, Mississippi
5. N’Keal Harry, Arizona State
6. Deebo Samuel, South Carolina
7. Parris Campbell, Ohio State
8. Miles Boykin, Notre Dame
9. Emanuel Hall, Missouri
10. Hakeem Butler, Iowa State

Tight ends
1. T.J. Hockenson, Iowa
2. Irv Smith Jr., Alabama
3. Noah Fant, Iowa
4. Kahale Warring, San Diego State
5. Jace Sternberger, Texas A&M
6. Kaden Smith, Stanford
7. Drew Sample, Washington
8. Dawson Knox, Mississippi
9. Keenen Brown, Texas State
10. Josh Oliver, San Jose State

Offensive tackles
1. Jawaan Taylor, Florida
2. Jonah Williams, Alabama
3. Cody Ford, Oklahoma
4. Andre Dillard, Washington State
5. Dalton Risner, Kansas State
6. Kaleb McGary, Washington
7. Greg Little, Mississippi
8. Tytus Howard, Alabama State
9. Yodny Cajuste, West Virginia
10. Bobby Evans, Oklahoma

Guards
1. Chris Lindstrom, Boston College
2. Michael Deiter, Wisconsin
3. Connor McGovern, Penn State
4. Chuma Edoga, USC
5. Max Scharping, Northern Illinois
6. Beau Benzschawel, Wisconsin
7. Dru Samia, Oklahoma
8. Nate Davis, Charlotte
9. Ben Powers, Oklahoma
10. B.J. Autry, Jacksonville State

Centers
1. Erik McCoy, Texas A&M
2. Garrett Bradbury, NC State
3. Elgton Jenkins, Mississippi State
4. Michael Jordan, Ohio State
5. Lamont Gaillard, Georgia
6. Ross Pierschbacher, Alabama
7. Javon Patterson, Mississippi
8. John Keenoy, Western Michigan
9. Jesse Burkett, Stanford
10. Ryan Anderson, Wake Forest

Defensive ends
1. Nick Bosa, Ohio State
2. Montez Sweat, Mississippi State
3. Rashan Gary, Michigan
4. Clelin Ferrell, Clemson
5. Jaylon Ferguson, Louisiana Tech
6. Oshane Ximines, Old Dominion
7. L.J. Collier, TCU
8. Anthony Nelson, Iowa
9. Maxx Crosby, Eastern Michigan
10. Zach Allen, Boston College

Defensive tackles
1. Quinnen Williams, Alabama
2. Ed Oliver, Houston
3. Jeffery Simmons, Mississippi State
4. Christian Wilkins, Clemson
5. Dexter Lawrence, Clemson
6. Khalen Saunders, Western Illinois
7. Dre’Mont Jones, Ohio State
8. Jerry Tillery, Notre Dame
9. Gerald Willis III, Miami (Fla.)
10. Isaiah Buggs, Alabama

Inside linebackers
1. Devin White, LSU
2. Devin Bush, Michigan
3. Mack Wilson, Alabama
4. Bobby Okereke, Stanford
5. David Long, West Virginia
6. Sione Takitaki, BYU
7. Vosean Joseph, Florida
8. Te’von Coney, Notre Dame
9. Tre Lamar, Clemson
10. Josiah Tauaefa, Texas-San Antonio

Outside linebackers
1. Josh Allen, Kentucky
2. Brian Burns, Florida State
3. Jachai Polite, Florida
4. Chase Winovich, Michigan
5. Ben Banogu, TCU
6. D’Andre Walker, Georgia
7. Germaine Pratt, NC State
8. Cody Barton, Utah
9. Jamal Davis, Akron
10. Christian Miller, Alabama

Cornerbacks
1. Deandre Baker, Georgia
2. Greedy Williams, LSU
3. Rock Ya-Sin, Temple
4. Byron Murphy, Washington
5. Julian Love, Notre Dame
6. Justin Layne, Michigan State
7. Trayvon Mullen, Clemson
8. Lonnie Johnson Jr., Kentucky
9. Joejuan Williams, Vanderbilt
10. Amani Oruwariye, Penn State

Safeties
1. Johnathan Abram, Mississippi State
2. Deionte Thompson, Alabama
3. Juan Thornhill, Virginia
4. Taylor Rapp, Washington
5. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Florida
6. Nasir Adderley, Delaware
7. Darnell Savage Jr., Maryland
8. Amani Hooker, Iowa
9. Will Harris, Boston College
10. Khari Willis, Michigan State

"What are you hearing for the Texans plan for the draft?"

O-Tackle, Running Back & Corner clear draft emphasis. Josh Jacobs in conversation 23rd Overall depending on what O-Linemen available. JoJuan Wiliams, Rock-Ya Sin 2 corners they do like. Rd2 McGary, David Edwards, Tytus Howard tackles they’ll consider.

— Chad Forbes (@NFLDraftBites) March 29, 2019

Last edited:
Interesting Kentucky "Snell yeah!" Not top ten back. I still don't get reports saying Giants not interested in Haskins.

"What are you hearing for the Texans plan for the draft?"

O-Tackle, Running Back & Corner clear draft emphasis. Josh Jacobs in conversation 23rd Overall depending on what O-Linemen available. JoJuan Wiliams, Rock-Ya Sin 2 corners they do like. Rd2 McGary, David Edwards, Tytus Howard tackles they’ll consider.

— Chad Forbes (@NFLDraftBites) March 29, 2019
I tweeted Chad. Told him there's no way they take Jacobs if there is a top CB, OL, or DL on the board.

I tweeted Chad. Told him there's no way they take Jacobs if there is a top CB, OL, or DL on the board.

That would be forcing need. Just so happens Lance Zierlein did the NFL.com profiles for both Jacobs & Dillard. Jacobs graded significantly higher. And both are positions of need. Miller is in the last year of his contract, expensive and ill-suited to the offense. Jacobs is a one cut power or ZBS carry the load RB who can also catch.

Reactions: JB
Back