Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

As the new GM

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
You have been hired as GM. Pick your HC and either as GM or HC map out your plans. Who stays, who goes? What type system on both sides are you running? What are your draft goals? And so on.

You have been hired as GM. Pick your HC and either as GM or HC map out your plans. Who stays, who goes? What type system on both sides are you running? What are your draft goals? And so on.

I would hire Eliot Wolf as GM or Ed Doods

Hire Mike LaFleur as HC

Trade Watt

Letting walk

1.DJ
2. Duke
3. WFV
4. Kelemete

Restructure or cut

1. Stills
2`Duke

Cut, gotta eat some money on Mercilus.

1. McKinney
2. N. Martin
3. Kelemete
4. Murray
5. Mercilus

Bring back Conley on vet min.

FA signings

Avery Williamson/Best CB available.

Draft

Rd. 2 (Trading up using a 3rd/ 4th.)

Jabril Cox LB LSU- Good coverage LB and putting him with Avery Williamson (Who also is a good coverage LB) greatly improves the Texans greatest defensive weakness.

Rd.4 James Wiggins S Cincinati. Ultra athletic, is only available here because of injury.

Rd. 5 Brian Robinson RB Alabama, reason he's here is he went under the radar as a backup to Najee Harris but make no mistake, this guys a stud

Rd. 5 (Using a 6th to move up) Landon Dickerson OG Alabama, Massive man, shows great toughness will help the run game at RG is an upgrade over Fulton. Fulton moves to C to replace N. Martin.

Rd. 6 BJ Foster S UT- a really talented S who was not used right at UT. A steal at this point in the draft.

Rd. 7 AnTwaan Simmons LB Mich St. undersized fast LB should be a really good ST's guy that could develop into a starter.

I’d bring in Art Briles.

I’d have an explosive but balanced offense, built upon the spread/run & shoot concepts.

defense would be attacking, prone to giving up the big play, but making big plays as well.

everyone not on a rookie contract would be gone except Watson & Tunsil. I wouldn’t be opposed to-extending Cooks & Cobb, but I lean towards letting them go.

If it's true Cal really likes him and was why we have went after him at least 2 times. I would have to think that he is the guy. And according to a report even though NE gave him,a new deal, it has a clause that he can leave at any time... Seems like blood in the water so to speak.

I’d bring in Art Briles.

I’d have an explosive but balanced offense, built upon the spread/run & shoot concepts.

defense would be attacking, prone to giving up the big play, but making big plays as well.

everyone not on a rookie contract would be gone except Watson & Tunsil. I wouldn’t be opposed to-extending Cooks & Cobb, but I lean towards letting them go.

I mentioned the same in regards to a new offense. I would take a different approach to getting Art Briles in the house......only b/c he's coaching HS Football at the moment.

I mentioned the Texans should look at June Jones for HC b/c of his prior experience as an NFL, CFL, and XFL HC at the professional level. Here's another cool tidbit of information. Art Briles is a very good friend of June Jones and when Jones stepped in as interim HC in the CFL he wanted to bring Briles in as an assistant. Another piece of cool info.....in 1975-1976, Jones transferred to Portland State where he earned the QB1 position and was introduced to the Run-N-Shoot offense Mouse Davis was installing. June Jones was the first QB to bring any kind of legitimacy to the offense and wound up getting drafted by the Falcons.

Again, I think this would be as good a match on the market. Hire Jones as HC and let him bring in Art Briles as OC. I believe this would make for a very high energy offense based on both coaches backgrounds.

I mentioned the same in regards to a new offense. I would take a different approach to getting Art Briles in the house......only b/c he's coaching HS Football at the moment.

I mentioned the Texans should look at June Jones for HC b/c of his prior experience as an NFL, CFL, and XFL HC at the professional level. Here's another cool tidbit of information. Art Briles is a very good friend of June Jones and when Jones stepped in as interim HC in the CFL he wanted to bring Briles in as an assistant. Another piece of cool info.....in 1975-1976, Jones transferred to Portland State where he earned the QB1 position and was introduced to the Run-N-Shoot offense Mouse Davis was installing. June Jones was the first QB to bring any kind of legitimacy to the offense and wound up getting drafted by the Falcons.

Again, I think this would be as good a match on the market. Hire Jones as HC and let him bring in Art Briles as OC. I believe this would make for a very high energy offense based on both coaches backgrounds.

I loved the Run and Shoot. But, can it work in today's NFL? With teams playing with 6 DBs as a standard package and LBs that run as fast as a Safety did and can cover almost as well as in the era of the original Run and Shoot.

I'm Nick Caserio new Texans GM. And I would like to introduce you to the new HC Eric Bieniemy.

Our first order of business is to inform you that we are not NE South! While I will be very active in the draft as well as signing FAs our system and the way we go about things are going to be our own way.

We will run a West Coast style with hints of power running and the run and shoot. On D we are going to be going with a 3-4 base, with multiple other styles including 4-3 and 46.

Trade:
JJ
Whit
Both for draft picks. In this situation I am going to have us get a 2nd and 2 3rd picks and a player. Who I will list below.

In the draft we will always target BPA on our board who fills a need. Meaning if we need a LB and DT which ever is tops on our board is taken first. We will be looking for high motor players with sound technical skills and the ability to be coached.

Draft:
2nd round (JJ trade)
Jabril Cox LB LSU- as stated before a very good coverage LB also will take the spot of Whit.
3rd (1)
Tyson Campbell DB Georgia
6' 4 with good range.
3rd (2)
Jayson Oweh PSU
6' 5 253 could be an edge or a solid DE
3rd (3 our original)
Tommy Kraemer
6' 5 317 our OL gets some help with a mean streak
4th
James Wiggins S Cincinati
Shore up the back end with a great S.
5th
Brian Robinson RB Alabama
A stud I agree with Steel on multiple picks he listed.
6th
Robert Jones OL MTSU
If he is still there...monster at 330 and 6' 5
6th (I think we have 2, if not trade up for N. Martin and future pick depending on play)
Seth Williams WR Auburn
6' 3 211 big target with good speed.

Cut-
Johnson
Kelemete
Murray

FA- BPA at LB or DT

I'm Nick Caserio new Texans GM. And I would like to introduce you to the new HC Eric Bieniemy.

Our first order of business is to inform you that we are not NE South! While I will be very active in the draft as well as signing FAs our system and the way we go about things are going to be our own way.

We will run a West Coast style with hints of power running and the run and shoot. On D we are going to be going with a 3-4 base, with multiple other styles including 4-3 and 46.

Trade:
JJ
Whit
Both for draft picks. In this situation I am going to have us get a 2nd and 2 3rd picks and a player. Who I will list below.

In the draft we will always target BPA on our board who fills a need. Meaning if we need a LB and DT which ever is tops on our board is taken first. We will be looking for high motor players with sound technical skills and the ability to be coached.

Draft:
2nd round (JJ trade)
Jabril Cox LB LSU- as stated before a very good coverage LB also will take the spot of Whit.
3rd (1)
6' 4 with good range.
3rd (2)
Jayson Oweh PSU
3rd (3 our original)
Tommy Kraemer
4th
5th
6th
Robert Jones OL MTSU
6th (I think we have 2, if not trade up for N. Martin and future pick depending on play)
Seth Williams WR Auburn

Cut-
Johnson
Kelemete
Murray

FA- BPA at LB or DT
Dude.... change your name. Try something that makes sense like En1gma57

Rolls off the tongue

Trade:
JJ
Whit

Draft:
2nd round (JJ trade)
3rd (1)
6' 4 with good range.
3rd (2)
Jayson Oweh PSU
3rd (3 our original)
Tommy Kraemer
4th
5th
6th
Robert Jones OL MTSU
Seth Williams WR Auburn

Cut-
Johnson
Kelemete
Murray

FA- BPA at LB or DT
Ftfy.

I remember a time when everybody thought the McNair's were good hands off owners. We are going thru this same period with the QB.
Yea you are right about that SteelB. Actually many in the media, and I mean national media used to say landing the GM job
in Houston was an attractive opportunity because the owner just kept his nose out of organizational operations and left it to managment, sort of the opposite of a Jerry Jones kinda of owner.
Yea I dunno what's the chances of Cal & JANICE hiring a capable GM ? Ah jeez, I dunno I'm not real confidant about that happening, hope I'm wrong.

I remember a time when everybody thought the McNair's were good hands off owners.
Turned out to be a myth. Hands On, started from the get go, after being advised that Peppers was the best player, Bob wanted Carr as the face of the franchise. He could parade David around town and show him off at the Galas and Balls. This has been your 20 year mindset for the Houston Texans.

Last edited:
Turned out to be a myth. Hands On, started from the get go, after being advised that Peppers was the best player, Bob wanted Carr as the face of the franchise. He could parade David around town and show him off at the Galas and Balls. This has been your 20 year mindset for the Houston Texans.

When I was in my early 20's I had a very wealthy sugar momma who would dress me in Armani & Canali suits (with no shirt) and parade me around at those high faulting shindigs with all her oil executive girlfriends .... Good Times. Yeah , I was eye candy ..... .

As the new GM I would try and convince Janice McNair that the time has come for the McNair Family to sell the Houston Texans. Her children and grandchildren could use their inheritance now to plan for their futures. I would try to impress on her that what would be best for the Texans, the city of Houston and the McNairs would be getting Peyton Manning to accept the position of CEO with full control of the team and he would have 5 years to put together a team to buy the Texans.

As the new GM I would try and convince Janice McNair that the time has come for the McNair Family to sell the Houston Texans. Her children and grandchildren could use their inheritance now to plan for their futures. I would try to impress on her that what would be best for the Texans, the city of Houston and the McNairs would be getting Peyton Manning to accept the position of CEO with full control of the team and he would have 5 years to put together a team to buy the Texans.

Good luck with that

Well when the QB is on the search committee hiring the new GM then it's kind of hard not to correlate the 2.

Quote taken for fact. If it was JJ I would understand. He just goes all out and is a tireless worker. With a very good eye and football IQ. He may not even be playing anymore if we ever get to a SB. Sure he wants one but he could be traded in a few months or retire. He isn't getting younger and his wife is playing soccer in a different city now so... That is something that makes sense. But not a 4yr player still learning the game on and OFF the field. We ALL know that, and instead of flat out saying it...we will blame Cal (who should be). Both for having a young/ANY player on a committee to pick a GM or HC and to NOT be hands off as he claims he is.

Odds of getting a good GM and HC both...odds are low

Quote taken for fact. If it was JJ I would understand. He just goes all out and is a tireless worker. With a very good eye and football IQ. He may not even be playing anymore if we ever get to a SB. Sure he wants one but he could be traded in a few months or retire. He isn't getting younger and his wife is playing soccer in a different city now so... That is something that makes sense. But not a 4yr player still learning the game on and OFF the field. We ALL know that, and instead of flat out saying it...we will blame Cal (who should be). Both for having a young/ANY player on a committee to pick a GM or HC and to NOT be hands off as he claims he is.

Odds of getting a good GM and HC both...odds are low

They need to hit on an inside straight kind of lucky.

Trade:
JJ
Whit

Draft:
2nd round (JJ trade)
3rd (1)
6' 4 with good range.
3rd (2)
Jayson Oweh PSU
3rd (3 our original)
Tommy Kraemer
4th
5th
6th
Robert Jones OL MTSU
Seth Williams WR Auburn

Cut-
Johnson
Kelemete
Murray

FA- BPA at LB or DT
Just curious how you see Cox as very good coverage LB as he only defended six passes in his career at ND State. After five games at LSU he had one for a 14 yard TD. Hardly a wide sample. I never focused on him prior to his transfer but he doesn't stand out at LSU. Not whom I'm willing to gamble our first pick on.

I'm down for easy money. Low expectations, job security. Ain't to proud to beg & I'm not above separating a fool & his money.
Maybe but you would be despised at Texanstalk.com and you know you could not have people talking about you and arguing with you. Could you?

When I was in my early 20's I had a very wealthy sugar momma who would dress me in Armani & Canali suits (with no shirt) and parade me around at those high faulting shindigs with all her oil executive girlfriends .... Good Times. Yeah , I was eye candy ..... .
Tut tut tootsie roll!

Oh he'll no! No five year plan of any type specifically none to put team in place to buy Texans. Shiver. I'd starting rooting for Dolphins and praying for Tu'a Tag's health rather than Dashaun's.

As the Texan's new GM? Well, I have had to work extremely hard over the last 33 years to get where I am today (work years / not years old years) - I deserve a break. So like the rest of our GM's, time to put my feet up, phone it in, and wait 5 years for owners to figure out I suck. It's good money if you can get it.

In case of any doubt... :kitten: :texans:

Eye Candy. . .I think we know your alternative forum name now! lol :shades:

Is this GM position still subject to the Knights of the Round Fable corporate boardroom structure? Or, will it be more of a traditional GM position where I answer to the owners and the HC (and everyone else) answers to me? And will Jack Easterby still be employed in any capacity by the franchise?

These are the questions that would need to be verified before I accepted the position.

Eye Candy. . .I think we know your alternative forum name now! lol :shades:

Is this GM position still subject to the Knights of the Round Fable corporate boardroom structure? Or, will it be more of a traditional GM position where I answer to the owners and the HC (and everyone else) answers to me? And will Jack Easterby still be employed in any capacity by the franchise?

These are the questions that would need to be verified before I accepted the position.

I haven't heard a peep about the GM position .... literally nothing other than Easterby is interim and will be replaced.

I have heard that their list of HC options is One - Bieniemy and that they aren't at the top of his list.

This franchise is a total dumpster fire.

Without a doubt on the football operation side of things. But, that's just one department.

Otherwise, the franchise itself it doing GREAT!

"The Houston Texans' value increased 6% year over year, according to Forbes, but the team fell one spot on "The NFL's Most Valuable Teams 2020" list. The Texans are now valued at $3.3 billion, greater than the National Football League average of $3.08 billion."

Source

And from that same source, the fundamental reason why Bob McNair invested in an NFL franchise:

"For the 2019 season, the average team posted $477 million of revenue and generated $109 million of operating income.

The Texans generated revenue of $530 million and operating income of $165 million in 2019. A year earlier, those figures were $497 million and $176 million, respectively. However, the Texans still come in at No. 4 in both figures, behind only the Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots and New York Giants."

Not bad to be a no. 4 considering this franchise has never made it to a conference championship game.
*COUGH*“We’re going to de-couple on field success with support for our business, fortunately for us, it worked from day one!”*COUGH*

CHA CHING! :money:

I haven't heard a peep about the GM position .... literally nothing other than Easterby is interim and will be replaced.

I have heard that their list of HC options is One - Bieniemy and that they aren't at the top of his list.

Yes I do find it odd that you can literally Google Houston Texans HC Search and see a couple different articles and growing by the day is that Watson has given the OK on Bieniemy as HC. Even stuff about he really likes him. Yet no GM talk. Now I'm not going to make a statement but I am going to say that I think Easterby is going to be the GM and bring in Eric (after a few fake interviews) as HC. Either that or we will get Cisiro (sp) from NE seeing we already have went after him before. And he is not going to have a say and Eric will be the HC. Now I like Nick as a GM. He learned to wheel and deal with the best in NE. Nothing wrong with using the tactics that built a 6 time SB winning team. But if it's going NE South...no thanks. If he will do what I said and run it as a totally different team and not just copy the Pat's...we could be ok.

Without a doubt on the football operation side of things. But, that's just one department.

"The Houston Texans' value increased 6% year over year, according to Forbes, but the team fell one spot on "The NFL's Most Valuable Teams 2020" list. The Texans are now valued at $3.3 billion, greater than the National Football League average of $3.08 billion."

Source

And from that same source, the fundamental reason why Bob McNair invested in an NFL franchise:

"For the 2019 season, the average team posted $477 million of revenue and generated $109 million of operating income.

The Texans generated revenue of $530 million and operating income of $165 million in 2019. A year earlier, those figures were $497 million and $176 million, respectively. However, the Texans still come in at No. 4 in both figures, behind only the Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots and New York Giants."

Not bad to be a no. 4 considering this franchise has never made it to a conference championship game.
*COUGH*“We’re going to de-couple on field success with support for our business, fortunately for us, it worked from day one!”*COUGH*

That has a lot to do with the fact that they won back to back AFC champions Brian and have been a "winning franchise" for an extended period.

They suck for a couple years and those casual "Football fans" stop showing up .... that's going to have an impact on their "Game Day Experience."
Most of those fans in the seats don't really have a clue about the game .... its just a status symbol to many of them , kinda like their German import car. When it stops being cool to have those season tickets , they'll do something else on Sundays.

Just curious how you see Cox as very good coverage LB as he only defended six passes in his career at ND State. After five games at LSU he had one for a 14 yard TD. Hardly a wide sample. I never focused on him prior to his transfer but he doesn't stand out at LSU. Not whom I'm willing to gamble our first pick on.

Cox flys under the radar. We could go S, CB or NT (other than Vince) we have not really had (depending on DC we have). If we run a 3-4 a true NT that is a man mountain is what we had when we were top 10 in D rank for a few years. Because it's not easy to double the LBs and JJ plus a huge guy who can eat up 2 and somethimes 3 blockers.

The first knight to cut down a tree with a herring, or gift McNair a shrubbery is rewarded by becoming the Texans next GM.

giphy.gif

Alright! My gif finally worked!

Last edited:

Source

I've been saying this since 2010.

Yes I do find it odd that you can literally Google Houston Texans HC Search and see a couple different articles and growing by the day is that Watson has given the OK on Bieniemy as HC. Even stuff about he really likes him. Yet no GM talk. Now I'm not going to make a statement but I am going to say that I think Easterby is going to be the GM and bring in Eric (after a few fake interviews) as HC. Either that or we will get Cisiro (sp) from NE seeing we already have went after him before. And he is not going to have a say and Eric will be the HC. Now I like Nick as a GM. He learned to wheel and deal with the best in NE. Nothing wrong with using the tactics that built a 6 time SB winning team. But if it's going NE South...no thanks. If he will do what I said and run it as a totally different team and not just copy the Pat's...we could be ok.

So the Texans are going to get a HC that's not of the GM's choosing? Haven't we already lived through this? Whatever could go wrong?

That has a lot to do with the fact that they won back to back AFC champions Brian and have been a "winning franchise" for an extended period.

They suck for a couple years and those casual "Football fans" stop showing up .... that's going to have an impact on their "Game Day Experience."
Most of those fans in the seats don't really have a clue about the game .... its just a status symbol to many of them , kinda like their German import car. When it stops being cool to have those season tickets , they'll do something else on Sundays.

But they have a huge waiting list.

Fans are still scared of the franchise moving like the Oilers did.

The NE south angel just doesn't fly anywhere anytime - we don't have "The Goat" for 2 decades nor do we have the defensive genius that is Belichick.

You just can't replicate that.

Don't worry too much about Easterby being GM beyond this season either ....

But they have a huge waiting list.

Fans are still scared of the franchise moving like the Oilers did.

They have that huge waiting list because its the in thing and they have a population of 7 million to prey on.
When it stops being the in thing (they go 2-14 this year and another poor showing next season) that will change.

And don't forget about the Covid impact .... a whole lot of people aren't going to want to pile into that stadium with 50k people ....

I, H_Town_Gaucho am offering to be your new GM, HC and also will be selling poppers during half time. As my first action I will get rid of all human players. That's right, the problem with football is that it is played by humans. Plastic ones don't need money, contracts, agents or anything like that. Plus they will last 100,000 years because, yes, they are made of plastic. I guarantee that the games will be way more interesting and we will always win. All we need is a long extension cord and some electricity. Binoculars are recommended and will be available at the gate. Feast your eyes Easterby, this is how it's done:

0_0 Football.jpg

I, H_Town_Gaucho am offering to be your new GM, HC and also will be selling poppers during half time. As my first action I will get rid of all human players. That's right, the problem with football is that it is played by humans. Plastic ones don't need money, contracts, agents or anything like that. Plus they will last 100,000 years because, yes, they are made of plastic. I guarantee that the games will be way more interesting and we will always win. All we need is a long extension cord and some electricity. Binoculars are recommended and will be available at the gate. Feast your eyes Easterby, this is how it's done:

View attachment 7036

Geeze man its no wonder Texans are 2-7, you stole what they use to plan each play. "No Deshaun I'm telling you just spin in a circle and the defense will be so confused they will run to the side lines. Its worked three times in a row now."

So who's going to take one for the team?
As GM I would
Seduce Janice, take over ownership and kick out McClain's illegitimate lovechild Cal.
Then I would sell the team and split the profits with you guys

Don't think that I'm being nice, the last part would be to reduce my tax liability. It's a killer.
I was laughing hysterically until you said you would share the profit. Can we talk about the split?

Back