Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

As it stands now mock.

Dorlus would be a great fit. He might even make it to 3-85.

I would be happy with this and although I would draft P. Wilson at 2-42, I'm going to change things up a bit for the fun of things.

2. McConkey WR
2. Melton CB
3. Dorlus DT/DE
4. Reiman TE
4. Nate Watson ILB

I'll finish off my mock in my post FA mock thread.

What 6th/7th rd picks are left?
#188 plus 3 below #232.

Dorlus would be a great fit. He might even make it to 3-85.

I would be happy with this and although I would draft P. Wilson at 2-42, I'm going to change things up a bit for the fun of things.

2. McConkey WR
2. Melton CB
3. Dorlus DT/DE
4. Reiman TE
4. Nate Watson ILB

I'll finish off my mock in my post FA mock thread.

What 6th/7th rd picks are left?
The sixth we got in recent trade for Collins and I think three 7 rounds. I am pretty sure we traded one and got one back but I'm not convinced. LOL I am beginning to think that Nick is going to go forward with Nico and tank as our two main receivers and hope that the others maintain 2023 at minimum and improve.

Here's my latest try:

Cooper DeJean S Iowa
Braden Fiske DT Florida State
Will Shipley RB Clemson
Khyree Jackson CB Oregon
Malik Washington WR Virginia
Logan Lee DT Iowa
Dallin Holker TE Colorado State
Frank Crum OT Wyoming

I doubt DeJean falls to 42, but he was there in this mock so I took him.

Here's my latest try:

Cooper DeJean S Iowa
Will Shipley RB Clemson
Khyree Jackson CB Oregon
Logan Lee DT Iowa
Frank Crum OT Wyoming

This is an Awesome Draft.

Although if DeJohn isn't there I would go in a different direction. Not a big fan of Jackson at CB, like him as a S. I would be thrilled with the rest of these picks. Adds speed to the team.

yes and his size is what's slowing him down. He should be able to get down to 350 but can he maintain it. I know that the free agent offensive tackle Trent Brown that I want has been able to do so.
Trent Brown would be the offense comparable. I would be very happy if Sweat has a Brown type career. I think he will have a better career than Brown because Brown while talented is a bit of a turd. I dont get this vibe from Sweat.

This is an Awesome Draft.

Although if DeJohn isn't there I would go in a different direction. Not a big fan of Jackson at CB, like him as a S. I would be thrilled with the rest of these picks. Adds speed to the team.

We'll see on Khyree...I thought he looked fluid enough on film to play corner and his combine numbers kind of backed that up. Would've liked to see him do the 3 cone drill....But with us playing a lot of Zone on the back end I especially don't think he'd have an issue. He reminds me a little of Richard Shermann. They are almost identical from a height/weight standpoint. I wouldn't mind taking him and playing him as a safety either though.

This one has me downright giddy!

Sweat and Wilson with the 2nds. Add a run defense cheat code and a 4.3 speed weapon for Stroud to take Woods’ role.

Jenkins too good of value to pass up with 86. The DL rotation is now complete. Have a variety of skill sets and a dominant front four! We know Nick likes to add a lot of competition to a weakness. Doubling up on DT would definitely add competition and Sweat/Jenkins would solidify the DT room. Two quality players that can develop together on rookie contracts.

Theo Johnson and Jaylen Wright more athletic weapons for Stroud. Johnson has TE1 upside learning behind Schultz and Wright gives the team a big play threat.

Jarius Monroe is one of my favorite day 3 DBs. Natural leader who projects well to the NFL. Has CB/S versatility as shown at Shrine Bowl where he won defensive MVP.

Gabriel Murphy great value here. Size/length pushes him down but can compete for designated pass rusher role and has athleticism to contribute on ST.

Nathaniel Watson to finish things off. A thumper who DeMeco can develop!

Rate my mock draft from the @PFN365 Mock Draft Simulator — then try yours on the #PFNMDS: bit.ly/mockdraftsim1711108375229.png

Last edited:

Sweat and Wilson with the 2nds. Add a run defense cheat code and a 4.3 speed weapon for Stroud to take Woods’ role.

Jenkins too good of value to pass up with 86. The DL rotation is now complete. Have a variety of skill sets and a dominant front four! We know Nick likes to add a lot of competition to a weakness. Doubling up on DT would definitely add competition and Sweat/Jenkins would solidify the DT room. Two quality players that can develop together on rookie contracts.

Theo Johnson and Jaylen Wright more athletic weapons for Stroud. Johnson has TE1 upside learning behind Schultz and Wright gives the team a big play threat.

Jarius Monroe is one of my favorite day 3 DBs. Natural leader who projects well to the NFL. Has CB/S versatility as shown at Shrine Bowl where he won defensive MVP.

Gabriel Murphy great value here. Size/length pushes him down but can compete for designated pass rusher role and has athleticism to contribute on ST.

Rate my mock draft from the @PFN365 Mock Draft Simulator — then try yours on the #PFNMDS: bit.ly/mockdraftsimView attachment 13836
I would be doing backflips over that draft!

We'll see on Khyree...I thought he looked fluid enough on film to play corner and his combine numbers kind of backed that up. Would've liked to see him do the 3 cone drill....But with us playing a lot of Zone on the back end I especially don't think he'd have an issue. He reminds me a little of Richard Shermann. They are almost identical from a height/weight standpoint. I wouldn't mind taking him and playing him as a safety either though.
The more I study Khyree jackson, the more I am impressed. I will be presenting a mock today with him included. Tall dude for a corner but as you said seems to have the right moves and skill set. I think he will do well in our defense.

Rate my mock draft from the @PFN365 Mock Draft Simulator — then try yours on the #PFNMDS: bit.ly/mockdraftsimView attachment 13836

offensive linemen .... we got offensive linemen .... we don't need no stinking offensive linemen !!!

offensive linemen .... we got offensive linemen .... we don't need no stinking offensive linemen !!!
We would have to retool the whole line if we want to be that team that will stuff it down your throat.
Looks to me we are a pass first team and that's okay with CJ back there - we just need to move the sticks and be able to pound it in from < 5 yards out.

42 WR Xavier Worthy
59 LB Payton Wilson here due to injury history but nothing significant in 2 yrs.

86 T Sweat here due to his weight and I do not think other teams need a pure nose tackle.

123 CB Khyrie Jackson or Draine

127 RB Jaylen Wright or WR Jermaine Burton

1.88 DT Khristian Boyd 6'4 317 Northern Iowa

7s trade up ammo

Board did not fall where i’d add one. Want to add players who have a shot at making the active roster and contributing on game days.

There are several candidates for sure on the OL, but I valued other players more at those slots where I picked them. In terms of value, i’d rather get a vet OL like Fant during camp if needed. They will be more ready than a rookie imo.

In terms of value, i’d rather get a vet OL like Fant during camp if needed.
The Texans were able to miraculously keep the line viable with this method. But the running game never clicked. I'd like to get a guy in during OTAs and mini camps and get the line on the same page. Let's face it, the Texans were lucky. For all the praise Caserio deserved for his moves, that should not be the plan.

The Texans were able to miraculously keep the line viable with this method. But the running game never clicked. I'd like to get a guy in during OTAs and mini camps and get the line on the same page. Let's face it, the Texans were lucky. For all the praise Caserio deserved for his moves, that should not be the plan.

Last year was a perfect storm of bad luck. With the way injuries went, even if you bring in your 90 guys to camp and have your OL sorted you’re still going to have to add bandaids throughout the season at the pace they were going out.

How many OL did we have go out? At least 4 starters at LG alone right? Then center… and that’s not even mentioning the tackles!

You are correct, the most important thing is having a line gel with reps in camp. I think they have that group set. Hopefully they can stick around long enough to gel.

Last year was a perfect storm of bad luck. With the way injuries went, even if you bring in your 90 guys to camp and have your OL sorted you’re still going to have to add bandaids throughout the season at the pace they were going out.

How many OL did we have go out? At least 4 starters at LG alone right? Then center… and that’s not even mentioning the tackles!

You are correct, the most important thing is having a line gel with reps in camp. I think they have that group set. Hopefully they can stick around long enough to gel.
Thank the football gods for camp!

Decided to make a mock with Edgerrin Cooper, my LB1 as pick 42. Interested how the board fell.

2.42) Cooper gives team a LB with elite measurables and team instantly has an elite LB unit with him, Harris and Al-Shaiir. Team can run more base defense instead of nickel due to the speed/range of these three LBs.

2.59) Sweat, the run defense cheat code is still there?! Gotta take him. Too good of value for those 30% or so snaps/game he’ll play. The LBs mentioned earlier get a free path to the football whenever Sweat is on the field.

3.86) Amegadjie the OT out of Yale. I think he goes in round 2. Too good of value here. Elite measurables, good feet and brings some nastiness to the run blocking. Instantly becomes swing OT and brings high end upside. I wouldn’t call him insurance for Howard. I think if Howard isn’t ready to defend his starting spot to start the season he may not get another chance at it once this kid gets reps.

4.123) Theo Johnson adds athleticism and TE1 upside to the unit. Allows for more TE2 packages when the team wants to run the 4 minute offense and still threaten with the pass.

4.127) Baker has caught interest from the Texans. Good traits, good tape. Would compete with Hutch/Metchie for those back end WR spots and has upside to develop. Another weapon added to the mix for Stroud to maximize.

6.188) Jarrian Jones. I see starting nickel upside and he’s got athleticism. Would crack the roster on ST if anything. That’s what you look for in this range.

7.238) Ceaser can be a disruptor as designated pass rusher. Think he can compete with Sanders for that role. He’d be the underdog but if he doesn’t win out, can hide him on the PS to develop.

7.247) McClellan is a 3 down RB from a big school late in the draft. I’ll take that value to compete in the RB room.

Rate my mock draft from the @PFN365 Mock Draft Simulator — then try yours on the #PFNMDS: bit.ly/mockdraftsim1711289961741.png

Last edited:
Decided to make a mock with Edgerrin Cooper, my LB1 as pick 42. Interested how the board fell.

2.42) Cooper gives team a LB with elite measurables and team instantly has an elite LB unit with him, Harris and Al-Shaiir. Team can run more base defense instead of nickel due to the speed/range of these three LBs.

2.59) Sweat, the run defense cheat code is still there?! Gotta take him. Too good of value for those 30% or so snaps/game he’ll play. The LBs mentioned earlier get a free path to the football whenever Sweat is on the field.

3.86) Amegadjie the OT out of Yale. I think he goes in round 2. Too good of value here. Elite measurables, good feet and brings some nastiness to the run blocking. Instantly becomes swing OT and brings high end upside. I wouldn’t call him insurance for Howard. I think if Howard isn’t ready to defend his starting spot to start the season he may not get another chance at it once this kid gets reps.

4.123) Theo Johnson adds athleticism and TE1 upside to the unit. Allows for more TE2 packages when the team wants to run the 4 minute offense and still threaten with the pass.

4.127) Baker has caught interest from the Texans. Good traits, good tape. Would compete with Hutch/Metchie for those back end WR spots and has upside to develop. Another weapon added to the mix for Stroud to maximize.

6.188) Jarrian Jones. I see starting nickel upside and he’s got athleticism. Would crack the roster on ST if anything. That’s what you look for in this range.

7.238) Ceaser can be a disruptor as designated pass rusher. Think he can compete with Sanders for that role. He’d be the underdog but if he doesn’t win out, can hide him on the PS to develop.

7.247) McClellan is a 3 down RB from a big school late in the draft. I’ll take that value to compete in the RB room.

Rate my mock draft from the @PFN365 Mock Draft Simulator — then try yours on the #PFNMDS: bit.ly/mockdraftsimView attachment 13846
Very nice mock.

Did a trade down scenario I felt was realistic and then let the board fall where it may:

Traded down with Bengals from 42 to 49.

Also gave picks 127 and 238. In exchange I received picks 97 and 214. So essentially moving down 7 spots in round two but moving up from 4th to 3rd and 7th to 6th round respectively.

Got 2 LBs who I feel embody DeMeco’s mindset and really rounds out the depth of the unit. I’ve mentioned what Cooper gives team in earlier mock. Magee is a similar style player that I think DeMeco can develop to outperform his draft status. Very athletic LB unit that will SWARM. Added bonus that Cooper/Magee will be ST studs.

Added Jenkins to top off DT room. Gives team their future starting 3 tech. Will be a significant part of the DL rotation and long term core player.

Got the Yale OT in the 3rd. Swing tackle/possible starting RT if Howard isn’t back in time. Investing in the OL. Will make it easy to move on from Howard and can at least say you’ve got a rookie contract starter in his place if Howard’s recovery goes as most expect around here.

Stover gives team flexibility to go 2 TE and threaten with the pass. Lots of flexibility with play calling with a legitimate pass catching threat who already has chemistry with Stroud. Will the defense put 8 in the box to defend the run and risk a deep shot to Nico/Tank? Or go light box and concede the run? Play action possibilities are endless!

Taylor-Demerson is good value in the 4th. I like his ballhawking instincts. Insurance for Ward who can also play nickel and will give team rookie contract player who can step in when Ward’s contract expires.

Kamara probably goes in 4th in real time but I love the value in the 6th! Will compete with Myjai Sanders for designated pass rusher. Undersized but relentless motor and the production does not lie.

Gould is good value in the 6th. Wanted to get a WR earlier but with how the board fell I preferred solidifying the OT and TE depth with talented players who had starter upside. Gould brings speed and playmaking ability who will maximize his touches whether on offense or ST. Will compete with Sims for WR 6/returner/insurance for Tank role.

Rate my mock draft from the @PFN365 Mock Draft Simulator — then try yours on the #PFNMDS: bit.ly/mockdraftsim1711894716076.png

Getting a great blocking TE would help a lot too.

McKivitz on the 49ers is avg at best. The 49ers TE's are the difference makers.

IMG_6477.jpegThis was an attempt to draft names I haven’t mentioned as predominantly and names I haven’t seen posted on this board much. I wanted to add variety and discussion on some guys we may have overlooked or that may be on the Texans board as option 2 in a particular cluster. Again, this is not my preference but my other timeline draft. As usual I will not trade up or down though that is absolutely something Nick may do.

View attachment 13890This was an attempt to draft names I haven’t mentioned as predominantly and names I haven’t seen posted on this board much. I wanted to add variety and discussion on some guys we may have overlooked or that may be on the Texans board as option 2 in a particular cluster. Again, this is not my preference but my other timeline draft. As usual I will not trade up or down though that is absolutely something Nick may do.
That's decent.
I really like Glover, but after the recent noise about him, I think he goes around the 175 range.

Here's my latest try:

Cooper DeJean S Iowa
Will Shipley RB Clemson
Khyree Jackson CB Oregon
Logan Lee DT Iowa
Frank Crum OT Wyoming

Love Crum, going to elevate him to 6th rd.

Yeah...I was surprised by how well he moves for someone so big. At 6'8" 313 he was 2nd in athleticism score at the combine. And it shows up on film when you watch him. Has a lot he needs to work on but with a good coach I think he could at least be a solid swing tackle.
A team could put Crum on the active roster by having him play a blocking TE in short yardage. A great use of a 7th rounder.

2.42) Newton BPA. Too good of value to pass up. DT room is solidified with our 3 tech and will make for an elite DL with Hunter/Autry/Newton/Anderson on passing downs.

2.59) Sanders again BPA. Board is dictating position here. Heir apparent for Schultz and can get creative getting him on the field as a rookie. Similar size/talent as Sam Laporta who instantly became one of the league’s best tight ends when he entered the league. Another weapon for Stroud.

3.86) Bullard is a safety who can also bump down to nickel. Multi year starter for the Bulldogs. I’ll take it and have someone ready to take over if Ward goes down or Pitre doesn’t step up.

4.123) McCormick multi time team captain with starting experience at both guard positions. One of the most athletic OL in this draft, he will compete for the LG spot best case and be quality depth at both guard spots if he doesn’t win out. Continuing to throw quality players into the mix until the OL is solved.

4.127) Doubling down on OL with Goncalves. Another team captain who has experience starting at both tackle positions. Competes with Heck for swing tackle and is groomed to take Howard’s spot at RT. OL depth is shored up with these two 4th rounders.

6.188) Kamara competes for DPR with Sanders. Undersized player but relentless motor and finds a way to produce. Those players stick around.

6.189) Johnson. Starter for the national champs with good traits and right temperment to be a reserve WR. Talent to be developed while contributing on ST and being a chippy run blocker. Will compete with Hutchinson for his WR 5/6 roster spot.

7.238) Magee is Edge Cooper light. Heat seeking missile with 14 TFLs last season. Good measurables and can be developed behind Christian Harris. ST demon.

7.247) Watson. Double dipping on LB to solidify depth in the room. Big time college production and can be Al-Shaiir’s backup. Will contribute on ST.

Rate my mock draft from the @PFN365 Mock Draft Simulator — then try yours on the #PFNMDS: bit.ly/mockdraftsim1712314600362.png

Last edited:
Just give Houston the Lombardi trophy if this draft happens…

Rate my mock draft from the @PFN365 Mock Draft Simulator — then try yours on the #PFNMDS: bit.ly/mockdraftsim1712441583934.png

Reactions: JB
Just give Houston the Lombardi trophy if this draft happens…

Rate my mock draft from the @PFN365 Mock Draft Simulator — then try yours on the #PFNMDS: bit.ly/mockdraftsimView attachment 13929
Move Theo out and Khyree Jackson in if there, and I'm in. I am not a Theo Johnson hater but do not think we need another tight end over a cornerback.

Move Theo out and Khyree Jackson in if there, and I'm in. I am not a Theo Johnson hater but do not think we need another tight end over a cornerback.

I’m opposite. Don’t think a 4th round CB breaks into the rotation. But I do think Theo would be TE2 with upside to replace Schultz down the road.

1. Raiders offered 44 and 112 for 42. They really wanted QB- Penix…..bad!!!
2. Buffalo offered 60 and 128 for 59 and 189…how could I say no? The Bills got S- Kinchens and S- Proctor……guess they wanted themselves some Safeties.

1712443432294.png
044: I see Issac as one heck of a bookend OLB to Harris. Two monsters to lineup behind Hunter and Anderson.
060: Missing out on LB- Wilson made the selection of Bishop really important. Bishop is a do everything Strong Safety.
086: Wright’s speed and production will elevate his draft status to somewhere around this range.
112: Smith should be a very nice addition to the DL. His stock appears to be rising. Getting him in this slot could be a steal.
123: I like Hart, but it’s been hard to lock in his selection spot. He’s earlier, he’s later….I like him at 123.
127: Jackson was still on the board. A big body -0- tech player who should benefit in a 4-3 front, with some heavy hitters in front and behind him. His days of seeing double teams most of the time could dwindle substantially with this defensive front seven.
128: Gonclaves is a move in the right direction to begin shoring up a weak expected starter at RT and a very crappy OT depth chart. Gonclaves can play LT or RT. Nice swing option.
188: Gould is another player who speed will elevate his PFN projected slot. Watch this guys tape and tell me he doesn’t resemble Dell…..but just a tad faster.
238: Rouse will be sleeper pick b/c there’s no real good explanation as to why he’s this far down the PFN board. He’s a big and nasty run blocker first and foremost. Yes, he does need some work in his pass blocking game, but who better than Tunsil to mentor him. They could do a bit of bartering…..you teach me pass blocking skills, and I’ll teach you run blocking tenacity.
247: Cupp’s selection had me passing on some of the other late round TE’s folks have liked. Cupp’s Pro Day yielded solid results. He’s an inline TE who has the strength to be an effective blocker. His size would make him a nice Red Zone target, even though he didn’t get a lot of chances to flash his receiving capabilities b/c of the Red Raiders offense…..doesn’t mean he doesn’t know how to be a receiver.

I’m opposite. Don’t think a 4th round CB breaks into the rotation. But I do think Theo would be TE2 with upside to replace Schultz down the road.
I like a developmental CB that can play both ouside and nickle. Stiggers would be a great pick in the 4th. So would Reiman, a great blocking TE would go a long way to solving the run game issues. But I also want to draft Guerendo or Irving in the 4th. What would you give up to get another 4th rd pick?

If the Texans do go CB in that 4th round range I would look at this cluster of players based on who has gotten the most attention from them in predraft visits:

CB Cam Hart Notre Dame
CB DJ James Auburn
CB Kalen King Penn St
CB Qwantez Stiggers CFL

Stiggers got the top 30 visit, likely because he is the most unknown of this cluster. King looked great as Robin with Joey Porter Jr. in 2022, but not so much as Batman last season. DJ James is the most naturally talented in coverage, but a bit too light in the pants for run defense duty in a DeMeco defense imo.

My target would be Cam Hart if he is there in the 4th. Has starter traits and upside. Will be a willing run defender. Plus he was a team captain this past season. And we know Cap likes captains :)

If the Texans do go CB in that 4th round range I would look at this cluster of players based on who has gotten the most attention from them in predraft visits:

CB Cam Hart Notre Dame
CB DJ James Auburn
CB Kalen King Penn St
CB Qwantez Stiggers CFL

Stiggers got the top 30 visit, likely because he is the most unknown of this cluster. King looked great as Robin with Joey Porter Jr. in 2022, but not so much as Batman last season. DJ James is the most naturally talented in coverage, but a bit too light in the pants for run defense duty in a DeMeco defense imo.

My target would be Cam Hart if he is there in the 4th. Has starter traits and upside. Will be a willing run defender. Plus he was a team captain this past season. And we know Cap likes captains :)
I'm not interested in any of those: Cam Hart 3 shoulder injuries concern me greatly.

I really think 42 needs to be moved to maybe 50 while picking up another pick in the 110-120 range. With the extra pick….another DT to pair with a late selection of Kromah could be feasible.

One thing I’d be fairly certain of…..if Caserio were to land Wilson, Bishop, Jackson, and Battle his backend could become as dominant as the Seahawks were in their prime.

1712522315283.png

Offensively, Wright, Stover, Gould, and Rouse would all be Day 1 contributors behind the current starters…..or on the the field with the starters in certain sets.

I really think 42 needs to be moved to maybe 50 while picking up another pick in the 110-120 range. With the extra pick….another DT to pair with a late selection of Kromah could be feasible.

One thing I’d be fairly certain of…..if Caserio were to land Wilson, Bishop, Jackson, and Battle his backend could become as dominant as the Seahawks were in their prime.

View attachment 13931

Offensively, Wright, Stover, Gould, and Rouse would all be Day 1 contributors behind the current starters…..or on the the field with the starters in certain sets.

Cade Stover would be great value in the 4th. NFL mockdraft database has him going at pick 85 on average. I’d love to pair him with Schultz.

Post Diggs trade mock.
#42. Edgerrin Cooper. LB
#54. Kris Jenkins. DL ---> Trade #122 Cleveland
#86. Cade Stover. TE
#125. Isaac Guerendo. RB
#166. Jaylx Hunt. ED --> Trade 2025 6th Giants
#189. Travis Glover. T
#238. Bub Means. WR
#247. Demani Richardson. S
There is no doubt Nick will move around this draft.
Several of these guys are T30 visits.
I took Cooper as I think Wilson goes near the top of the round.
We don't need a WR, but Means had some buzz on him a month ago.

Trade 1: Bengals Get: 42 / Texans Get: 49 & 115
Trade 2: 49'ers Get: 59 & 2025 RD4 / Texans Get: 63 & 94

1712848045958.png
Ryans Gets:
DT's- Sweat is the OL eater and beat down in the run game. Smith does the same, only he's quicker and could potentially put a lot of pressure on the pocket b/c of the DE's.
LB- Wilson who's a do-it everything type of LB and everything he does is pretty special. Teaming him with Harris would raise the LB'er group.
SS- Oladapo would be an absolute enforcer over the middle and in run support. Texans really need a guy like this patrolling the middle of the field.
CB's- King and Battle are big and fast cover guys with the size to provide run support when needed.

Slowick Gets:
RB- Wright has the speed and vision to be a solid #2 to Mixon.
TE- Stover would give CJ a familiar target....which he should have instant chemistry. Schultz, Stover, and Jordan would make a solid TE group.
WR- Gould is a "Tank" Dell clone with a bit more speed. This selection takes Dell off returning kicks and punts as well.
OT's- Rouse and Dankwah are a pair big strong as ox OT's who should be instant assets in the run game. Both will need to work on their pass blocking to become premium OT's.

I'm not interested in any of those: Cam Hart 3 shoulder injuries concern me greatly.
Why aren't you interested in Stiggers? He played well at the East-West game and has done well at his pro day. Plus he's got experience playing against grown men in the NFL and done well.

Why aren't you interested in Stiggers? He played well at the East-West game and has done well at his pro day. Plus he's got experience playing against grown men in the NFL and done well.
He's a feel good story returning to football after a year when his dad died. A 7th rounder? Ok
Sure. Why not? Can he make our roster .. perhaps or more likely practise squad? I would rather make a decision on him if I had seen him against good football college teams rather than a Canadian football team.

He's a feel good story returning to football after a year when his dad died. A 7th rounder? Ok
Sure. Why not? Can he make our roster .. perhaps or more likely practise squad? I would rather make a decision on him if I had seen him against good football college teams rather than a Canadian football team.
Dude has played well against better competition than a lot of the CB's rated high on the board. Feel good story isn't the reason he should be drafted in the mid rds. Dude has talent and tested well. Plus you know he has the ability to overcome adversity.

Scenario mock where the BPA is clearly McConkey with heavy hitters at need positions off the board and no trade down candidate:

Get the BPA at 42 and find a way to get him touches year 1 if everyone’s healthy. If someone gets injured he seamlessly slots in and the offense doesn’t skip a beat.

Michael Hall at 2.59 may be a little early but other similar rated DTs off the board. I really liked what Seth Payne said about him in his latest video breakdown. He is a high ceiling prospect who might be the best scheme-fit available for Ryans defense. Drafting the upside and hoping the coaches can bring it out.

Mahogany is my favorite OL in this 3-4 range. He’s an interior OL which we think has the depth but I want to leave no doubt. Mahogany has the mean streak I want in an OL and I just love watching him pancake people. He will compete to start this season if drafted.

Stover and Goncalves add quality depth to units in need. Komara DPR year one.

Tyrone Tracy interesting 3rd down back prospect with good traits.

Magee my favorite day 3 LB. Small school Edge Cooper and Demani Richardson is a 2x team captain that will bring ST value and traits to develop.

Rate my mock draft from the @PFN365 Mock Draft Simulator — then try yours on the #PFNMDS: bit.ly/mockdraftsim1712922771868.png

This Mock Draft really fell my way this go round!!!!!!!

First…..I went back to the well by making deal with the Vikings. I wanted pick 23 back and to make that happen, I coughed up the Texans 2025 RD1…..which should be a fairly late RD1 pick, so why not?

1. MIN Gets: RD2-042 & 2025 RD1 / TEXANS Get: RD1-023 & RD4-129
2. GB Gets: RD1-023 & RD6-189 / TEXANS Get: RD1-025 & RD3-088

1713226428980.png

Okay….I feel like RT- Guyton is the best RT in the draft, and based on Howard’s uncertainty plus the current depth chart at OT, this helped me make the move. In almost every mock draft I do on PFN, Dallas or Green Bay select Guyton in RD1…..so I moved with the Vikings and got the pick back. I really rolled the dice by making the trade with Green Bay b/c I thought they were seeking a trade to draft Guyton, they didn’t, so I got my target and swapped a 189 for pick 88.

Next two picks netted DT’s Hall Jr and Smith. Hey Ryans….how’s that for shoring up the trenches?

Then I got a couple of super weapons for the offense in RB, Wright and WR, Gould. Stover is more of a familiar and steadying weapon for CJ.

I then put together what could become the pieces that make the Texans defensive backfield one of the best in the NFL with CB, Khyree Jackson, SS, Kitan Oladapo, and CB, Miles Battle.

I ended this draft by getting LT, Walter Rouse who was the starter opposite Guyton. Rouse wouldn’t have to have his development rushed if Tunsil stays healthy, but the Texans would potentially have Tunsil’s replacement on the roster should he eventually price himself out of the Texans price range.

Last edited:
This Mock Draft really fell my way this go round!!!!!!!

First…..I went back to the well by making deal with the Vikings. I wanted pick 23 back and to make that happen, I coughed up the Texans 2025 RD1…..which should be a fairly late RD1 pick, so why not?

1. MIN Gets: RD2-042 & 2025 RD1 / TEXANS Get: RD1-023 & RD4-129
2. GB Gets: RD1-023 & RD6-189 / TEXANS Get: RD1-025 & RD3-088

View attachment 13977

Okay….I feel like RT- Guyton was the best RT in the draft, and based on Howard’s uncertainty plus the current depth chart at OT, this helped me make the move. In almost every mock draft I do on PFN, Dallas or Green Bay select Guyton in RD1…..so I moved with the Vikings and got the pick back. I really rolled the dice by making the trade with Green Bay b/c I thought they were seeking a trade to draft Guyton, they didn’t, so I got my target and swapped a 189 for pick 88.

Next two picks netted DT’s Hall Jr and Smith. Hey Ryans….how’s that for shoring up the trenches?

Then I got a couple of super weapons for the offense in RB, Wright and WR, Gould. Stover is more of a familiar and steadying weapon for CJ.

I then put together what could become the pieces that made the Texans defensive backfield one of the best in the NFL with CB, Khyree Jackson, SS, Kitan Oladapo, and CB, Miles Battle.

I ended this draft by getting LT, Walter Rouse who was the starter opposite Guyton. Rouse wouldn’t have to have his development rushed if Tunsil could stay healthy, but the Texans would potentially have Tunsil’s replacement on the roster should he eventually price himself out of the Texans price range.
Why not? Because we traded that #23 pick to get an extra 2nd rounder next year. Trading a 1st next year to get #23 absolutely cannot happen. When we traded out of #23, I had to come to grips with not being able to draft Brian Thomas (the guy I really wanted at #23). You should do the same with Guyton. Trading back into the 1st round is not something I see being in the cards for us in this draft.

Back