Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

As it stands now mock.

I guess most were really bent over trading back into RD1…..it was just an exercise to see what it would take to obtain the best possible player for the RT position. The running game and protecting CJ would be of the upmost importance based on the upcoming schedule.

I went back and executed a no-trade mock, trying to find another OT while not ignoring the needs on defense. Maybe Howard returns this year and somehow finds a way to finally perform at a level that justifies his contract. My Mock is as follows:

1713385618623.png

I really like the idea of selecting EDGE- Adisa Issac and moving him to OLB or to a position I think he’s taylor made for…..SWB. He’d be lining up behind Hunter or next to Hunter which could excel his impact. Penn State Team Captain.

Bishop would give the Texans a big impact Safety who’s going to provide help in the run game, which is already pretty good, and good coverage over the middle. At 6-2 and 207 lbs…he popped a 4.45-40 which means he should have the ability to become a scary middle of the field enforcer. Utah Team Captain.

Smith should be an instant asset in the middle of the DL whether it be next to Anderson or Hunter. Solid in the run game, but would provide an athletic defender who could potentially disrupt the pocket b/c of what should be his fair share of one-on-one situations.

I’m still looking at the potential of a couple of pretty big hitters who can cover in CB’s Khyree Jackson and Miles Battle.

Wright and Gould are some serious speed weapons for the offense. They’ll both be behind the respective starters in RB- Mixon and WR- Dell. Gould could easily be a Day 1 starter as the Texans returner for both KO’s and Punts.

Cupp is a good blocker and decent receiver when targeted at Texas Tech. He could be a good Red Zone threat in 2-TE sets. He’s going to be a good development piece behind Schultz.

Rouse was the best available OT at the spot I selected him in. Rouse is solid in the run game and still needs some work in pass protection. Starting LT at both Stanford and Oklahoma, so he has the experience to work with. Has size and wingspan to work the edge….so it looks like he’d be a swing tackle until he pushes for starting work at either Tackle spot.

I guess most were really bent over trading back into RD1…..it was just an exercise to see what it would take to obtain the best possible player for the RT position. The running game and protecting CJ would be of the upmost importance based on the upcoming schedule.

I went back and executed a no-trade mock, trying to find another OT while not ignoring the needs on defense. Maybe Howard returns this year and somehow finds a way to finally perform at a level that justifies his contract. My Mock is as follows:

View attachment 13985

I really like the idea of selecting EDGE- Adisa Issac and moving him to OLB or to a position I think he’s taylor made for…..SWB. He’d be lining up behind Hunter or next to Hunter which could excel his impact. Penn State Team Captain.

Bishop would give the Texans a big impact Safety who’s going to provide help in the run game, which is already pretty good, and good coverage over the middle. At 6-2 and 207 lbs…he popped a 4.45-40 which means he should have the ability to become a scary middle of the field enforcer. Utah Team Captain.

Smith should be an instant asset in the middle of the DL whether it be next to Anderson or Hunter. Solid in the run game, but would provide an athletic defender who could potentially disrupt the pocket b/c of what should be his fair share of one-on-one situations.

I’m still looking at the potential of a couple of pretty big hitters who can cover in CB’s Khyree Jackson and Miles Battle.

Wright and Gould are some serious speed weapons for the offense. They’ll both be behind the respective starters in RB- Mixon and WR- Dell. Gould could easily be a Day 1 starter as the Texans returner for both KO’s and Punts.

Cupp is a good blocker and decent receiver when targeted at Texas Tech. He could be a good Red Zone threat in 2-TE sets. He’s going to be a good development piece behind Schultz.

Rouse was the best available OT at the spot I selected him in. Rouse is solid in the run game and still needs some work in pass protection. Starting LT at both Stanford and Oklahoma, so he has the experience to work with. Has size and wingspan to work the edge….so it looks like he’d be a swing tackle until he pushes for starting work at either Tackle spot.
If you're looking for an RT then sit still and draft Fisher in the 3rd or Caden Wallace Matt Gonscalves in the 4th. They may need to trade up a few spots in the 4th for these guys.

If you're looking for an RT then sit still and draft Fisher in the 3rd or Caden Wallace Matt Gonscalves in the 4th. They may need to trade up a few spots in the 4th for these guys.

I like Fisher, but he was gone sooner than expected. Gonclaves was also gone sooner than expected. Wallace was still on the board at 188-189….and was the top OT left on the board. I compared each OT from Wallace to Rouse, and Rouse’s size, wingspan, experience, and nasty streak as a run blocker. Wallace is solid, but his size has some analyst seeing him as being better if moved inside.

Khyree Jackson and Jaylan Wright were too hard to leave on the board. If Howard is a question mark for camp….maybe Caserio goes shopping for a veteran RT.

I like Fisher, but he was gone sooner than expected. Gonclaves was also gone sooner than expected. Wallace was still on the board at 188-189….and was the top OT left on the board. I compared each OT from Wallace to Rouse, and Rouse’s size, wingspan, experience, and nasty streak as a run blocker. Wallace is solid, but his size has some analyst seeing him as being better if moved inside.

Khyree Jackson and Jaylan Wright were too hard to leave on the board. If Howard is a question mark for camp….maybe Caserio goes shopping for a veteran RT.
I'm thinking that a Jones type trade may happen in camp as well as drafting an OT in rd 4 or 6 to develop. Rd. 4 in this draft will get you a very good OT. The reason I like Goncalves is that he has good feet and has played both OT positions. I like Rouse too.

I'm thinking that a Jones type trade may happen in camp as well as drafting an OT in rd 4 or 6 to develop. Rd. 4 in this draft will get you a very good OT. The reason I like Goncalves is that he has good feet and has played both OT positions. I like Rouse too.

I’m a Gonclaves fan as well.

For some strange reason Byron Murphy is available so i’ll take him! Other than that oddity this pretty much aligns with my views on BPA/need for this draft. I really like how this one turned out.

No way Murphy leaves the top 20 imo but if Johnny Newton gets within pick 35 or so, i’ll seriously consider packaging picks to move up and get him. Otherwise i’m looking hard at Jenkins/Hall/Fiske with pick 42. If all three of them are still on the board i’m considering a trade down to get more ammo to maneuver into a top 100 pick later or get a day 2 pick next year.

DT at 42. Team is committed to building through the trenches and this is the only position that has taken a tangible step back after Collins/Rankins were gone. Getting one of the premiere DTs rounds out the unit and puts them back where they were with Collins/Rankins with upside for improvement.

Wilson at 59. All depends on the medicals but I like the talent here. Would give Texans one of the best LB units in the league and insurance if Harris or Al-Shaiir go down during the season. Would also provide insurance if Harris doesn’t continue his late season development into a bonafide stud LB.

Green at 86 is great value here. Has CB1 talent as he showed in the LSU game. Versatile player who will find his way into the rotation and round out depth of unit.

Fisher is one of my favorite swing OT prospects. Can play both tackle positions and has 1st round talent. A bet on upside in the 4th is what I want to do here.

Wiley is exactly the type of weapon I want to add to the offense. Realistically I don’t see a rookie skill player adding much to the team this season. The targets are all accounted for now with Diggs/Mixon added. But Wiley brings the big body redzone threat and I want that in this offense! TE1 upside to develop but will be available in the corner of the endzone in goal to go situations year one.

Mo Kamara one of my favorite edge rushers. Realistically I think he goes in 4th. Great value with legitimate shot to crack rotation as designated pass rusher.

Tyrone Tracy one of my favorite day 3 RBs. Brings receiving skillset that can get on the field and compliment Mixon.

Simpson has received interest from Texans. Great value here. High end athleticism, good length and upside. CB/S versatility. Someone needs to develop him into a player, might as well be the Texans!

Travis Glover. Another talented upside play at OL. Can also bump inside to guard. Good value in 7th.

1713699390911.png

Back