Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Are Texans sitting on their hands again?

To some it's entertainment, not life and death.

Yep, that's why you gotta take advantage of the suckers.

I wish the Texans org would look at it as life and death, rather than hitting blackjack in Vegas.

That’s good. It’s a free market. That’s the great thing about America, ppl can support what they believe in and spend how they please.

I’m getting the notion that you keep flaunting your age, you even have it in your bio. Idk why you’re so obsessed with that but you imposing it as if you have infinite wisdom over everyone on the boards is getting tired. You don’t even know my age, so let’s have a healthy debate, but you’re not Yoda.

LOL

That’s good. It’s a free market. That’s the great thing about America, ppl can support what they believe in and spend how they please.

I’m getting the notion that you keep flaunting your age, you even have it in your bio. Idk why you’re so obsessed with that but you imposing it as if you have infinite wisdom over everyone on the boards is getting tired. You don’t even know my age, so let’s have a healthy debate, but you’re not Yoda.

Your age is in your bio also, flaunting? Never said nor implied that I was smarter than anyone. You're new here, so I'll give you a pass but the constant negativity is wearing. If you think the Texans suck so bad, why dwell on it?

Your age is in your bio also, flaunting? Never said nor implied that I was smarter than anyone. You're new here, so I'll give you a pass but the constant negativity is wearing. If you think the Texans suck so bad, why dwell on it?

Touché. Thanks for pointing that out. I meant on under your name it says Old carmudgeon. And, the post is called are the Texans sitting on their hands? And yes, in my opinion for reasons already stated, they are. That’s my opinion. The constantly misplaced optimism wears on me; and like you said the team doesn’t give a **** what I think, so I express it here. I don’t think the team sucks, I think the team is a few key missing pieces away, and we’re afraid to take the leap of faith in all aspects of the franchise to get to the next level, and I think that’s doing a disservice to the most loyal fan base in football.

So everyone that doesn't hate like you but enjoys a few hours of entertainment is a sucker? Get a life

Nope I just see it as an investment

Nothing more or less.

Like I said I only kept the tickets because my wife likes going to the games. She started wishing she was doing other things last season. But I'm not going to lose my PSL $$$$, we are goin to goto a few games and sell the rest off.

Touché. Thanks for pointing that out. I meant on under your name it says Old carmudgeon. And, the post is called are the Texans sitting on their hands? And yes, in my opinion for reasons already stated, they are. That’s my opinion. The constantly misplaced optimism wears on me; and like you said the team doesn’t give a **** what I think, so I express it here. I don’t think the team sucks, I think the team is a few key missing pieces away, and we’re afraid to take the leap of faith in all aspects of the franchise to get to the next level, and I think that’s doing a disservice to the most loyal fan base in football.

I wish I could like this post more than once.

Welcome and dont worry about JB, we disagree all the time and I think he's a great guy.

Under your name it says rookie, means nothing just like Hall of Fame under SteelB's name means nothing. Mine was a joke and reminder to myself not to take things too serious. It's just a game. Blind optimism and blind pessimism are equally blind. We can change nothing, but constant bitc!ing and moaning does nothing but try to make others as miserable as you appear to be. Smile and enjoy the day

Nope I just see it as an investment

Nothing more or less.

Like I said I only kept the tickets because my wife likes going to the games. She started wishing she was doing other things last season. But I'm not going to lose my PSL $$$$, we are goin to goto a few games and sell the rest off.

But those that buy what you sell are suckers?

Under your name it says rookie, means nothing just like Hall of Fame under SteelB's name means nothing. Mine was a joke and reminder to myself not to take things too serious. It's just a game. Blind optimism and blind pessimism are equally blind. We can change nothing, but constant bitc!ing and moaning does nothing but try to make others as miserable as you appear to be. Smile and enjoy the day

And believe me, when they do something deserving of praise I’ll be the first to hand it out. They haven’t yet. Today was a disappointment, hopefully tomorrow will be better

And believe me, when they do something deserving of praise I’ll be the first to hand it out. They haven’t yet. Today was a disappointment, hopefully tomorrow will be better

Today (yesterday) was just the first day of 'legal' tampering. Nothing is official yet, but yeah to those that were expecting a big splash ala the Osweiler signing have to be disappointed. History shows that those that overpay early tend to regret it shortly though. Other than the Os signing though, I don't recall the Texans ever being players in the early FA market though

Today (yesterday) was just the first day of 'legal' tampering. Nothing is official yet, but yeah to those that were expecting a big splash ala the Osweiler signing have to be disappointed. History shows that those that overpay early tend to regret it shortly though. Other than the Os signing though, I don't recall the Texans ever being players in the early FA market though

I know, and I just figured that since we have a lot of holes and there being a decent amount of former pro bowl players on the market at positions of dire need, we would start using all that cap money we have. D Jax for 2 day 3 picks? Would’ve been perfect will fuller insurance. And yes, they haven’t. But there is a difference in paying up to sign a pro bowler at a position of need and overpaying for a system player or one year wonder, like the jags did in foles.

Not taking Trent B tells me Texans want to pay Clowney and Kareem and Matthieu.

This is a shame....they didn't pursue Trenton Brown (NE), they also lost both Mathieu (KC) and KJax (DEN) and haven't signed Clowney. Based on these actions, I wouldn't be surprised to see Clowney, Mercilus and Miller leave for greener pastures next season.....Griffin will be lucky to have a team step up and claim him but hell, didn't KJo just get signed by the Bills?

If the Texans want to rebuild this team through the draft while keeping the cap in check, they're going to need more than 14 picks over the next 2 seasons. I'd trade Clowney, Mercilus, and Miller. I'd trade or release Griffin.....a trade would be a plus even if the team got 2020 RD7.

This is a shame....they didn't pursue Trenton Brown (NE), they also lost both Mathieu (KC) and KJax (DEN) and haven't signed Clowney. Based on these actions, I wouldn't be surprised to see Clowney, Mercilus and Miller leave for greener pastures next season.....Griffin will be lucky to have a team step up and claim him but hell, didn't KJo just get signed by the Bills?

If the Texans want to rebuild this team through the draft while keeping the cap in check, they're going to need more than 14 picks over the next 2 seasons. I'd trade Clowney, Mercilus, and Miller. I'd trade or release Griffin.....a trade would be a plus even if the team got 2020 RD7.
I'm surprised they let Matheiu and KJax leave - surely they have plans for some vets else we will have some glaring holes and a lot of rookies starting.
Have to wait to see what fruit if any happens the rest of the week.

Do they?

Look at how the Rams/eagles were built.

I know, and I just figured that since we have a lot of holes and there being a decent amount of former pro bowl players on the market at positions of dire need, we would start using all that cap money we have. D Jax for 2 day 3 picks? Would’ve been perfect will fuller insurance. And yes, they haven’t. But there is a difference in paying up to sign a pro bowler at a position of need and overpaying for a system player or one year wonder, like the jags did in foles.

There is also a difference in paying up and overpaying. When we resigned Hopkins that was a case of paying up, when Watson comes off his rookie deal that will be a case of paying up. What is going on right now with Brown, Mathieu and others is overpaying. Just because someone was a pro bowler doesn't mean they are sure fire fits. All that cap money isn't going to last long if we start signing players at these prices. There are also a lot of factors to consider beyond just one good season which is what Brown and Mathieu had.

Brown had average stats guarding the best QB is history in a very Oline friendly system, we'll see if he is still a pro bowler guarding a second tier QB in a less friendly system. Same with Mathieu, don't forget the reason he was even a F/A agent is because we had him on a one year, prove yourself deal because no one else would touch him. He did that and again KC dropped big money on him but now that he doesn't have to prove himself are they getting the Badger fighting to keep his job or the one that no one wanted?

You said it yourself we have a lot of holes to fill, though not as many as some seem to think, and blowing all our cash on the first couple of days on overpriced, splashy signing is not how you fix them. We did that with the Blunder of OZ and look where that got us. Off season is less than a week old so its not the time to be preaching about the end is near.

Love the teams that have their QB on a rookie deal and want to be aggressive, also funny to me we refuse to be aggressive(for now) while DeGoat is on his rookie deal. What’s the point in having all this cap space if we don’t use it? But best believe we shall get elite production form TASHAUN Gipson!!!
Praying we got something up the sleeves here.

Last edited:
Love the teams that have their QB on a rookie deal and want to be aggressive, also funny to me we refuse to be aggressive(for now) while DeGoat is on his rookie deal. What’s the point in having all this cap space if we don’t use it? But best believe we shall get elite production form TASHAUN Gipson!!!

So I guess you're buying into some random report on BR based on some unknown espn soccer chick's twitter comment?

lol

Yep

The Rockets may win a championship this yr despite their cheapass owner.

This is becoming a Stros town. The biggest reason why? Crane spending $$$$ to bring a championship to this city. (Verlander)

Igive Crane a pass for not spending $$$$ right now because he spent the $$$$ when it mattered most.

Huh Chris Paul and Harden are making 40 million a year. They paid Capela big time, Gordon is getting paid. And you think the owner is being cheap. Bwhahaha wow you can't be following the Rockets like that.

So I guess you're buying into some random report on BR based on some unknown espn soccer chick's twitter comment?

lol
I mean I could be wrong in believing that he’s on their list but...... that’s not a name you would just throw out there for a random report, typically would be a more house hold name but the fact that it’s Tashaun of all people speaks volume. With Amos is gone. Gotta see how this Earl situation plays out then after that; doesn’t leave us with too much.

I mean I could be wrong in believing that he’s on their list but...... that’s not a name you would just throw out there for a random report, typically would be a more house hold name but the fact that it’s Tashaun of all people speaks volume. With Amos is gone. Gotta see how this Earl situation plays out then after that; doesn’t leave us with too much.

Is Amos gone?

Praying we got something up the sleeves here.

They blew their wad previously. Remember O'Brien's "speed draft" and free agency (Lamar Miller had a top 10 salary for an RB)? Signing Osweiler was combined with cost-cutting on the OL. And then drafting TWO awesome receiving TE's last year. Way too many rookies are projects O'Brien falls in love with then cuts a few years later.

They had to sign Watt and Hopkins to big contracts. They have to sign Clowney and Watson to big contracts. Fuller and Mercilus will come up next.

They traded multiple picks for players. One panned out (Watson), the rest did not (Strong, Nix). They traded a pick just to get rid of Osweiler (stupid).

They are just facing the reality of the salary cap combined with the fact that they were not smart with draft picks, they made some dumb free agency decisions, and their own stars are coming up for huge raises.

Huh Chris Paul and Harden are making 40 million a year. They paid Capela big time, Gordon is getting paid. And you think the owner is being cheap. Bwhahaha wow you can't be following the Rockets like that.

Danuel House who could come in and be our starting 3 is currently sitting down in the G league because the owner didn’t want to pay the luxury tax

Danuel House who could come in and be our starting 3 is currently sitting down in the G league because the owner didn’t want to pay the luxury tax

How the hell is that being cheap? Bwhahaha this man brought up a no name player like he's some type of star. The Rockets have went from 14th in the west to 3rd. On a 9 game winning streak and you're talking about they're being cheap because they didn't pay, who House. Wow I've done heard it all.

How the hell is that being cheap? Bwhahaha this man brought up a no name player like he's some type of star. The Rockets have went from 14th in the west to 3rd. On a 9 game winning streak and you're talking about they're being cheap because they didn't pay, who House. Wow I've done heard it all.

The thing everyone misses with the Rockets avoiding the luxury tax this year is if you hit the luxury tax line 3 years in a row is grows exponentially. Every team tried to prevent the luxury tax for 3 years in a row. Feritta is on record saying he doesn't mind paying the tax, he just wants to avoid the 3 year escalator(this was said before this season started) So I don't know why this comes as a huge surprise. Especially considering Harden's contract numbers go way up after this season so fielding a competitive team, and staying under the tax line for 1 season going forward is going to be very difficult.

Look at how long the Rams/Eagles sucked and earned high draft picks. Then they filled in a few pieces with trades and free agent's and coaching changes

The Rams/Eagles and Texans had about the same talent levels 3 yrs ago. They made FA moves with premium level FA's and trades to augment the talent on their rosters in addition to the the draft.

Whether you want to admit it or not until the Texans change the way they acquire players they will never be a true contender. It's unpleasant but the truth. I've been saying this since 2010. I hoped when Gaine joined on things were changing. They haven't changed a bit. The only thing that I believe will change is Gaine will be better at drafting and UDFA signings than his predecessor, but that wont be enough to bring a championship to this city.

The Rams/Eagles and Texans had about the same talent levels 3 yrs ago. They made FA moves with premium level FA's and trades to augment the talent on their rosters in addition to the the draft.

Whether you want to admit it or not until the Texans change the way they acquire players they will never be a true contender. It's unpleasant but the truth. I've been saying this since 2010. I hoped when Gaine joined on things were changing. They haven't changed a bit. The only thing that I believe will change is Gaine will be better at drafting and UDFA signings than his predecessor, but that wont be enough to bring a championship to this city.

Rick was pretty good at finding udfa guys.

are you this moody because they didn't over pay for Mathieu?

House starts and improves our team. They let luc, and Ariza walk to replace with ennis then traded him to get under the salary cap. That’s being cheap

Back