Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Antonio Brown Cut by Patriots

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
I didn't say anything either way dude, you're the one who's made up his mind about the situation and can't control yourself. You're trying to take this to NSZ places, and I'm not falling for that bait.

You don't know these people, you don't know what happened, just let it play out and wait for some solid evidence before spouting off on the subject. Everyone is guaranteed Due Process in this country, both the plaintiff and the defendant, and each of them will get their chance to tell their story for the authorities to sort out. Just let it go and follow the story, unless of course you hate the Constitution and the 14th amendment.
No, she didn't want due process. She didn't go to the cops to try and prosecute him to stop him from raping other women allegedly. She went for a cash grab. If this was after being unsuccessful getting due process done in the judicial system to prosecute him like a rapist should be then your stance would make more sense.

And also there is not a fair due process in the NFL, and YOU KNOW THAT. The NFL has no consistency on how they judge cases like this. They just randomly decide things on the fly. They just did nothing with Tyreek Hill. They also unfairly punished Zeke. They also unfairly suspended Rice after he had already been punished for the incident and re-punished him again. There isn't a "due process" with the NFL from a consistency standpoint, and their CBA allows them to punish anything they want however they see fit.

disaacks3

Staff member
No, she didn't want due process. She didn't go to the cops to try and prosecute him to stop him from raping other women allegedly. She went for a cash grab. If this was after being unsuccessful getting due process done in the judicial system to prosecute him like a rapist should be then your stance would make more sense.
In fairness, she could be going with the system more likely to get a conviction (civil), as the standard goes down considerably.

As a juror, you're going to have much more hesitation in convicting someone of a felony that carries a prison sentence...than essentially 'fining' a millionaire player a few thousand. I don't say it's right, but it's how the average person operates.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Both of them lack credibility.

I know the NFL wanted to avoid this type of situation while celebrating 100 years. But, honestly, this is a perfect metaphor for the entertainment industry that is the modern NFL in many ways.

Sad truth is a decline of social standards and a sliding-scale tolerance of individuals based on talent level, as long as it does not "tarnish" the perceived marketing of the NFL brand. . .errrr, "shield".

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
In fairness, she could be going with the system more likely to get a conviction (civil), as the standard goes down considerably.

As a juror, you're going to have much more hesitation in convicting someone of a felony that carries a prison sentence...than essentially 'fining' a millionaire player a few thousand. I don't say it's right, but it's how the average person operates.
That's the way that people want to frame it to make it seem like she has to do it this way. Someone who was really raped is going to want that guy to be disciplined by the law. If cash is all they care about, then they sure aren't that concerned about other future victims. I just see a mentality of wanting a cash grab from an easy target. Just because these guys are rich and famous doesn't mean that they should be allowed to be victims of fraud and misuse of power from the NFL just because we don't like them.

This becomes a bad slippery slope when accusations alone create discipline and/or career changes. You can go back no matter how long you want, but I've always held this stance. Imagine if they suspended Brown right now, and he came out and sued Big Ben for sexual assault from an incident on the Steelers and said it was to much for him to bear in order to come out and turn him in. Would the league suspend Ben? If not, that'd be pretty messed up based on the actions they've taken with other guys if they discipline Antonio. The NFL needs to stop playing police when it wants to.

mws

Rookie

I've been on 2 criminal juries and 1 civil jury. When the judge gave us instructions in the civil case she stressed that guilt was not based upon "beyond a shadow of a doubt" but about "the preponderance of evidence". She implied that someone that would not be convicted of a crime could lose a civil suit.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Can we update the title of this thread?

I thought at first something new happened and he got suspended after one game with New England.

Something I wouldn’t be upset at. Not at all.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
Can we update the title of this thread?

I thought at first something new happened and he got suspended after one game with New England.

Something I wouldn’t be upset at. Not at all.
His accuser is set to meet with the league soon. AB's status moving forward will be clearer then.

And so will an appropriate thread title.

srrono

All Pro
I think this will happen. Brown will check himself in a mental facility for a 30 evaluation. Then take a media I'm sorry tour. Then sign a prove it deal next year.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
both have addiction issues.
one is addicted to weed, the other to attention
addiction can make one do stupid sh!t

BOBdaFRAUD

Waterboy
And Hank the propane salesman says "That boy just ain't right". True that!!!
CTE kinda aint.............. right.............

I picture this not ending very well.

I hope his family is safe
If he raped these women I hope justice finds him
I hope AB finds help

This is beyond BIZZARE. It is sad really

Last edited:

Scooter

Funky
Lost 35(ish) million because he couldn't be bothered to show up to practice with his favorite team ... followed by being so broken that even the Patriots don't want your issues.

We need a series of Ron Simmons .gifs.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
I certainly hope he’s gone from the league now.
Why should he be cut from the league forever when guys like Tyreek Hill are right on the cusp of being cleared for a 2nd time now and no suspension at all?

Brown wasn't suspended but he likely was going to be with as much pressure as ESPN/Fox kept trying to push the last two weeks, and we'd have another case of different strokes for different folks as far as NFL rulings and who or what team gets away with what. I still think Zeke got a raw deal by the league on his suspension. This Sherlock Holmes nonsense from the NFL is becoming way to much. They still have no consistency or guidelines on what types of charges should get what, and they aren't law enforcement in the first place.

Hookem Horns

Texans Talk Bartender
Staff member
Why should he be cut from the league forever when guys like Tyreek Hill are right on the cusp of being cleared for a 2nd time now and no suspension at all?

Brown wasn't suspended but he likely was going to be with as much pressure as ESPN/Fox kept trying to push the last two weeks, and we'd have another case of different strokes for different folks as far as NFL rulings and who or what team gets away with what. I still think Zeke got a raw deal by the league on his suspension. This Sherlock Holmes nonsense from the NFL is becoming way to much. They still have no consistency or guidelines on what types of charges should get what, and they aren't law enforcement in the first place.
I just said that I hope he’s gone from the league. I’m tired of hearing about him. According to him today he’s done. I don’t believe him but it would be nice.

Reactions: JB

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
I just said that I hope he’s gone from the league. I’m tired of hearing about him. According to him today he’s done. I don’t believe him but it would be nice.

He should have been put down by the league for at least 4 games after his demonstration in Oakland. I don't see him playing another down this season.

He'll be back next season. He'll need the money.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
He should have been put down by the league for at least 4 games after his demonstration in Oakland. I don't see him playing another down this season.

He'll be back next season. He'll need the money.
Yipper......when he opens that first can of sardines for dinner, he'll remember that foolishly expensive helicopter ride and arrival at Raiders Camp. Dumbarse!!!!

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
Brown is clearly a prize time wanker but he has a point when he calls out Robert Kraft on firing him considering his own legal issues.