Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Antonio Brown Cut by Patriots

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Antonio Brown and Raiders general manager Mike Mayock got into a heated exchange Wednesday, and the team is now planning to suspend its star wide receiver, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The confrontation, according to Schefter, stemmed from Brown's Instagram post Wednesday when he displayed a letter from Mayock that detailed about $54,000 in fines for missing time during training camp.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27543780/sources-raiders-suspend-ab-tiff-gm

Dude can't get right....Mike Tomlin's gotta be

Dutchrudder

Hall of Fame

Hervoyel

BUENO!
If I'm not mistaken it's hard (impossible even?) to detect CTE in people whose brains you can't slice up and examine (ie: the living) so there's no way to tell but I bet this guy got hit hard a whole bunch of times in high school and college. He's his own worst enemy and easily as crazy as Chad Ochocinco or T.O. ever was.

I bet his cheese was knocked clean off his cracker a long time ago.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
If I'm not mistaken it's hard (impossible even?) to detect CTE in people whose brains you can't slice up and examine (ie: the living) so there's no way to tell but I bet this guy got hit hard a whole bunch of times in high school and college. He's his own worst enemy and easily as crazy as Chad Ochocinco or T.O. ever was.

Exhibit A why the guy needs a new damn helmet..

"But, but coach!.. the other one looks cool!".

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member

Not that you're necessarily wrong here, but CTE or not this guy's legit rotten from the neck up. Former teammate Ryan Clark told his coaches as much in 2012 before Brown had really broken out in the league and repeated the story to the public last year..
Quick story: Antonio Brown is walking past the weight room in training camp [in 2012]. And right now we hear Mike Wallace has turned down his deal. Antonio is going into his third year. You hear Mike Wallace has turned down his deal. I knew already that they were going to offer Antonio. He's walking past, and I turned to the strength coach and I said 'if you give him money, you're going to create a monster.' That day at practice Antonio and I almost get into a fight because he's saying things to Coach LeBeau. He's screaming at Coach LeBeau, he's screaming at us defensively. 'Don't touch me, I'm the franchise,' this and that.

Because he already had that mindset and now with success, with money, these things come.
link

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Eh, OBJ seems to be enjoying his time with the Browns so far. He bought a Rolls Royce with white, orange and brown colors. Today there was an event reported where he brought a whole Ohio high school football team to the Browns facility to practice with him and gave them all new shoes.

https://sports.yahoo.com/odell-beckham-jr-surprises-ohio-high-school-football-team-with-nikes-165234704.html

You can put lipstick on a pig all you want but it is still a pig.

This idiot is the only guy I've ever seen that shows up in Mini Camps for one day to do a photo op and then bounces out without a trace leaving his coach and other new teammates in limbo as to what his purpose is. He'll create controversy and problems once the season starts no question.

Odell won't be with this franchise more than two years. Book it.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame

This is a real thing in the twitter-verse. People speculate that this was the hit that did it. Prior to this hit, folks say dude wasn't anything like he is now.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Why do people say head trauma to explain an attention hungry clown.

That's all this is. He made so much money he doesn't know what to do with it, and he got so used to Tomlin and the Steelers babying his tantrums that he lost all sight on how to act like an adult.

We've seen tons of WR's act like this before. Beckum is just as crazy. Chad Johnson and T.O. were awful. None of them are exactly the same, but they're cut from the same cloth.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
This is a real thing in the twitter-verse. People speculate that this was the hit that did it. Prior to this hit, folks say dude wasn't anything like he is now.

I did not know that. Thanks for the info. The dude is clearly going through life with a problem. Might have even been this.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
That was the dumbest play ever. Then Pacman has to join in the fun. Had the game won and Burfict and Jones couldn't help being punks. How they ever played another down for the Bengals is stunning.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
That was the dumbest play ever. Then Pacman has to join in the fun. Had the game won and Burfict and Jones couldn't help being punks. How they ever played another down for the Bengals is stunning.
That was one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen in a game. The Bengals straight up clowned themselves. Funniest part was how Joey Porter even ran out there taunting Pac Man and them and got involved just like he did as a player for the Steelers. That was pure comedy.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Remember when ESPN and Fox News was pushing all this fake news rhetoric on the Steelers players and coaches?

Total clown show on these networks. :spit:

austins23

Hall of Fame
Now this guy has released on his Instagram that he wants to be released. He’s pissed because he was fined and since he was fined 29mil if his guaranteed money is not guaranteed anymore.

This dude is out there. But he’s been coddled his whole sports life though I bet. NOw he thinks he can get away with it

Wolf6151

All Pro
Now this guy has released on his Instagram that he wants to be released. He’s pissed because he was fined and since he was fined 29mil if his guaranteed money is not guaranteed anymore.

This dude is out there. But he’s been coddled his whole sports life though I bet. NOw he thinks he can get away with it
Probably coddled and told he was special since high school, and now he can't act like an adult. This is another athlete that we'll hear about in a couple years that's broke and trying to make money somewhere. I wish him the best and hope he can get his head on straight, but it's doubtful.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Grant him his wish Mayock...release his ass so he can find out how privledged he is to play a game for millions of dollars. He is the epitome of a guy who doesn't deserve the blessing.

edo783

Hall of Fame
I suspect he is mentally broken. Sane people don't act like he does. All the accolades and coddling just fed that broken part. I expect if he is tossed from the Raiders he won't get another job. Talented, but the problem has been identified twice. Maybe someone will take chance at pennies on the dollar.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
But he’s been coddled his whole sports life though I bet.
I'm not sure about that. He didn't take the route of superstar recruit turned college phenom turned high draft pick, etc..

He was denied ncaa admissions immediately out of high school for academic reasons, then went to a prep school in the middle of nowhere, then started out as a walk-on at a directional college that no one cares about, then was barely drafted in the 6th by Pitts.

I don't think it's coddled athlete syndrome so to speak as much as it's a combination of having a massive chip on his shoulder and being a delusional self-taught egomaniac.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
Can't imagine the kind of agreeable terms he and another team would have to come to to get him on the field in another uniform.

austins23

Hall of Fame
Raiders just released him

You think Belichik would put up with that crap? He dealt with Moss but he was an angel compared to AB

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
I think he winds up in NE
They've taken on reclamation projects before sure, but nothing whatsoever like this.

Also what the hell kind of contract are they going to agree on?

Surely they won't give him any guarantees and surely he won't play for peanuts..

austins23

Hall of Fame
Maybe all part of his plan to get waived and picked up by a team in SB contention.
He wasn’t gonna put up with goin 4-12 with the Raiders

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Maybe all part of his plan to get waived and picked up by a team in SB contention.
You’d think he would’ve waited until after week 1 where at least 15 mil of his contract he would’ve received..but his narcissism and imo his mental issues don’t listen to logic and reason. Something’s clearly wrong with that dude up top...

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
I don't think his plan has been to play for peanuts.

I also don't think he has anything resembling a plan.

Batsh*t insane ain't a plan.

StarStruck

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Just cut. Interested to see if it’s a plan for a more desirable team, but still seems there is an emotional deficiency.

chicagotexan2

Easterby = Little Finger/Cal = Fredo Corleone
Wow this guy must be a bigger turd than Moss, TO or any other player I can remember to get released so quickly. I’m not defending him but strange how he gets the boot but players that have been physically violent with women get a chance.

chicagotexan2

Having said that I wouldn’t touch him because his erratic behavior is troubling and not worth the aggravation. I honestly can’t say if he’s disturbed or just a plain dumbphuck.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I’m not defending him but strange how he gets the boot but players that have been physically violent with women get a chance.
I'm thinking you're not remembering far back enough. This stuff with AB started at least two years ago. This was his chance. This was the chance most woman beaters don't get.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
That had to be a bitter pill for Gruden to swallow. Good job by Mayock to convince Him that Brown was going to be a bad influence on a young team. Incognito should see this as a lesson that his usual horse hockey won’t be tolerated.

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
You’d think he would’ve waited until after week 1 where at least 15 mil of his contract he would’ve received..but his narcissism and imo his mental issues don’t listen to logic and reason. Something’s clearly wrong with that dude up top...
That kinda remind ya of someone? :)

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
So this makes Tomlin and big Ben look a lil better in their conflict with ab?

chicagotexan2

I'm thinking you're not remembering far back enough. This stuff with AB started at least two years ago. This was his chance. This was the chance most woman beaters don't get.
Damn I sure did forget about his incident in Pittsburgh. Well I’d say good riddance but someone will certainly sign him.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
Damn I sure did forget about his incident in Pittsburgh. Well I’d say good riddance but someone will certainly sign him.
I don't doubt that a team or teams will reach out to attempt to sign him, he's too talented for that not to happen. But what does that offer look like? Very little in the way of guaranteed money? You'd think given all that's gone on. And so then does he agree to play on those kinds of financial terms? Doesn't look like it given what we just saw in Oakland.

Just like he tanked his trade value heading out of Pittsburgh, to which only really hurt the Steelers, he's now tanked his own monetary value heading out of Oakland, but this time it looks to hurt his bank account.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
That had to be a bitter pill for Gruden to swallow. Good job by Mayock to convince Him that Brown was going to be a bad influence on a young team. Incognito should see this as a lesson that his usual horse hockey won’t be tolerated.
Funny (to me) people saying it only cost them a 3rd & a 5th, like that's a good thing.

I understand it could easily have been worse. But they got absolutely nothing out of the deal. Not even a full practice.

Only a 3rd & 5th... psshhh had this been the Texans