Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

ANDRE JOHNSON MAKES 2024 CLASS OF HALL OF FAME !!!

I think the success of CJ Stroud got the writers to look at AJ closer and wonder what could have been if he'd had an elite QB
I said the same thing down thread and I see you see that. I don’t recall ever seeing a candidate get in on looking at the overall body of work but also what wasn’t and could’ve been but I believe they took it into consideration. Maybe I’m wrong but I just can’t recall this for any other player……

I said the same thing down thread and I see you see that. I don’t recall ever seeing a candidate get in on looking at the overall body of work but also what wasn’t and could’ve been but I believe they took it into consideration. Maybe I’m wrong but I just can’t recall this for any other player……
Andre was an Unicorn! Unique circumstances

That is awesome news, he was def one of the greats as a player and a person. So happy for the guy!
Anybody think that the Texans current success, notoriety and love from the national media gave any edge to Andre here?

Just a thought

...But big Congrats to the Big Dawg for getting into the Hall. It's well deserved and all of the recent accomplishments and changes with this franchise accompanied by this alleviates some of the sting of years past.

The sun is finally shining on this dog ass team.

Anybody think that the Texans current success, notoriety and love from the national media gave any edge to Andre here?

Just a thought
I think there was a danger of him joining the back of quite a queue at WR waiting to get into the HOF, I certainly wasn’t ‘expecting’ it to happen any time soon, as much as us as fans know how good he was, I thought some of the other things that he had to overcome around him (never having great talent across from him, no real running game until Arian rocked up, lots of terrible QB play, offensive system that failed in the red zone) these all hurt his stats, he also had that procedure which cut his career short where maybe he could have gone on to have the same sort of late career as a Larry Fitzgerald, because had the top speed begun to fade, he was still a big body WR with great route running who could bully defenders off the ball.

I’m glad he got in, and I’m glad he got in as the first Texan inducted, also, because JJ will be first ballot in a few years.

Watching the highlight reel brings back great memories but it’s a shame the team around him always fell short.

I take issue with the hall of fame twitter for saying ‘when he was on his game’ because I felt that AJ brought a very high baseline regardless, a very rare thing that AJ didn’t get his yardage in a game you had to stop the Texans doing the rest of what they wanted and pick on some awful defensive units to beat a team with AJ at WR.

I was right in front of it at the 35 yard line. 12th row. That's also where JJ intercepted Dalton. The ticket vendor was supposed to put me near the 50, but they messed up. So I got the best view of the two biggest plays and a discount.
I think there was a danger of him joining the back of quite a queue at WR waiting to get into the HOF, I certainly wasn’t ‘expecting’ it to happen any time soon, as much as us as fans know how good he was, I thought some of the other things that he had to overcome around him (never having great talent across from him, no real running game until Arian rocked up, lots of terrible QB play, offensive system that failed in the red zone) these all hurt his stats, he also had that procedure which cut his career short where maybe he could have gone on to have the same sort of late career as a Larry Fitzgerald, because had the top speed begun to fade, he was still a big body WR with great route running who could bully defenders off the ball.

I’m glad he got in, and I’m glad he got in as the first Texan inducted, also, because JJ will be first ballot in a few years.

Watching the highlight reel brings back great memories but it’s a shame the team around him always fell short.

I take issue with the hall of fame twitter for saying ‘when he was on his game’ because I felt that AJ brought a very high baseline regardless, a very rare thing that AJ didn’t get his yardage in a game you had to stop the Texans doing the rest of what they wanted and pick on some awful defensive units to beat a team with AJ at WR.
You know I'm really realizing how tough it is to get into the HOF because there's so much competition. For example of the seniors who got in this year after looking at their bios I can
see both were pretty prominent and accomplished in their careers while one these guys is in
His 70s and the other in his 60s, and I've wondered more than once if that was going to be
Andre's path to admission which is why I'm so happy for him to get in now while he's still a
relatively young man.
I've always considered Demarcus Ware one of the very best edge rushers of our time and yet
He was not first ballot (which I thought likely before he had to wait until his second year).
So I now have faith in the HOF selection process, while we do all know there's been some
questionable selections ?
I dunno wonder who Andre will desgnate to do his introductory speech at the ceremonious
in Canton this year ? WOW wouldn't it be cool if he asked Demeco to do the honor ?

What he did to Innegan alone is reason enough to love the man.

Cause Andre knocked the F out of him! I'm excited he was recognized for his elite performance, despite his lack of good quarterbacking.

I would say that the top 10 throws posted above missed one of his signature plays. I'm thinking of the play where he (amazingly) caught a TD in the endzone, despite doing a midair cartwheel after being hit but still coming down with the ball.

As though Dre can't enter into the HoF as a Texan?

I understand this. My desire to sign Nuk has everything to do with bringing in a veteran complimentary piece to Collins and Dell.....who are the Texans WR1 and WR2 going forward. Nuk would be extremely valuable to Stroud as a receiver who could find holes in coverage and exploit them. Stroud could have three 1K yard receivers with this group.

I understand this. My desire to sign Nuk has everything to do with bringing in a veteran complimentary piece to Collins and Dell.....who are the Texans WR1 and WR2 going forward. Nuk would be extremely valuable to Stroud as a receiver who could find holes in coverage and exploit them. Stroud could have three 1K yard receivers with this group.
Nuk would be great taking Robert Woods role. He could actually start being like Fitzgerald latter in his career. It comes down to the money.

The trash has been taken out. Why would you go digging around in the garbage can again? There are guys down on Kirby now that football/winning means something to them. Let's not bring back no practicing/baby mamma drama.

The trash has been taken out. Why would you go digging around in the garbage can again? There are guys down on Kirby now that football/winning means something to them. Let's not bring back no practicing/baby mamma drama.
What happened to your stance of every team needs a few bad apples as long as they can play football? And Nuk can play

What happened to your stance of every team needs a few bad apples as long as they can play football? And Nuk can play
I still have that stance. However the talented but troubled guys have to be all about football.

Hopkins isn't that guy.

You thought he was until you let OB change your mind
Nope, until he quit practicing and it became obvious football wasn't his top priority

There's a reason I call them Clemson trash. I mean really, why would you want to bring this back into the locker room after all of the work that's been done to clean things up

Example; A guy like Tyreke Hill may be a terrible person, but he's a great player whose all about football.

Nope, until he quit practicing and it became obvious football wasn't his top priority

There's a reason I call them Clemson trash. I mean really, why would you want to bring this back into the locker room after all of the work that's been done to clean things up

Example; A guy like Tyreke Hill may be a terrible person, but he's a great player whose all about football.

Michael Irvin on the Cowboys was always a great example: great teammate, shitty person.

Well in fairness Tyreke is all about football, when not beating up women, children, and old men. Other than that all football.

The biggest thing about Hopkins was him having four kids with four different women......that makes him foolish, not trash or a bad football player. I've never read a single story stating that he had failed to support his kids or having those kids interrupted his ability to shine on the football field. He's going to finish his NFL career in Canton, OH which makes him a successful football players on the game of play. I've read that he's settling down and is supposed to be getting married, and it seems like he's marrying a fairly successful lady in her own right.

At the height of DHops Texans career, I wanted to trade him for a max return, but it wasn't for the reasons you may think. Texans were okay, but not in a position to win anything so I didn't see the reason for him to be re-signed and taking up that cap space. I wanted him to go to a contender or to a team that was a lot closer to contending than the Texans.

At the moment, Nuk is coming off another 1K yard season with a team that wasn't so good.....which is pretty damm solid in my book. If he wanted to get out of the last year of his contract, it seems the Titans would honor his request. I'm not sure if they'd release him or try to trade him to the team he has interest in. If there's mutual interest and the price is right.....I'd have no issue giving Stroud a veteran weapon to work with Collins and Dell.

The biggest thing about Hopkins was him having four kids with four different women......that makes him foolish, not trash or a bad football player. I've never read a single story stating that he had failed to support his kids or having those kids interrupted his ability to shine on the football field. He's going to finish his NFL career in Canton, OH which makes him a successful football players on the game of play. I've read that he's settling down and is supposed to be getting married, and it seems like he's marrying a fairly successful lady in her own right.

At the height of DHops Texans career, I wanted to trade him for a max return, but it wasn't for the reasons you may think. Texans were okay, but not in a position to win anything so I didn't see the reason for him to be re-signed and taking up that cap space. I wanted him to go to a contender or to a team that was a lot closer to contending than the Texans.

At the moment, Nuk is coming off another 1K yard season with a team that wasn't so good.....which is pretty damm solid in my book. If he wanted to get out of the last year of his contract, it seems the Titans would honor his request. I'm not sure if they'd release him or try to trade him to the team he has interest in. If there's mutual interest and the price is right.....I'd have no issue giving Stroud a veteran weapon to work with Collins and Dell.
Id prefer a rookie stud to come in for the WR position, but like you said if he could be had on the cheap...he could come in and replace Woods and teach the rookie WR the ins and outs and mentor him...he's never been a locker room or team cancer....just a super prima donna but I dont think Ryans would let that shite fly like OB used to.

There are only so many experiences in life that align everything, moments always to be remembered. This guy did it right, on the field and off the field he is ONE to be honored and respected. ROCK THAT GOLD JACKET, AJ.

I thought I made it clear Clemson trash

He doesn't practice and doesn't fit the culture Ryans is building down on Kirby.

Truth is I dont understand why after 3 yrs of taking out the trash some posters are wanting to go dumpster diving and living in the past.

I thought I made it clear Clemson trash

He doesn't practice and doesn't fit the culture Ryans is building down on Kirby.

Truth is I dont understand why after 3 yrs of taking out the trash some posters are wanting to go dumpster diving and living in the past.

Back