Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

ANDRE JOHNSON MAKES 2024 CLASS OF HALL OF FAME !!!

I hope you’re well grounded for that shock. It’s a done deal! Congrats to Dre for being the first Texan to represent.
I sincerely meant that when I said it, but wow everything is OK now.
Well not just OK, but great. I swear this is becoming one of the Texans' greatest seasons ever with Andre now headed to the HOF, which is sorta "iceing on the cake" for our 2023 season !
And he is so worthy. What a GREAT NFL player Andre was.

As many times as deep shots were underthrown...I think he would have been 3rd in yards. He didn't play enough to get higher.
TDs are harder to estimate. He was criminally underused in the red zone.

I NEVER thought I'd say this but the committee actually took a couple of those things in consideration when putting AJ in, congrats to AJ

What a GREAT NFL player Andre was.
I go back to a 5 day stretch in November of 2012. Johnson had 466 yards over 2 OT victories. The first vs the Jags, where Andre took a short pass 48 yards to end the game. Then the following Thursday (Thanksgiving) setup the game winning FG at Detroit with a 22 yard catch and run in OT.

Andre Johnson could just take over games.

Happy for AJ..didn't know he still lived in Houston. Also didn't know Steve McMicheal was born in Houston either. Congrats to both guys.

I go back to a 5 day stretch in November of 2012. Johnson had 466 yards over 2 OT victories. The first vs the Jags, where Andre took a short pass 48 yards to end the game. Then the following Thursday (Thanksgiving) setup the game winning FG at Detroit with a 22 yard catch and run in OT.

Andre Johnson could just take over games.

The TD against the Redskins that sent the game to OT which the Texans ended up winning was a big memorable moment.

IMG_4747.jpeg

Pro Football Reference updated the page. Sucks that‘s the pic they use.

I sincerely meant that when I said it, but wow everything is OK now.
Well not just OK, but great. I swear this is becoming one of the Texans' greatest seasons ever with Andre now headed to the HOF, which is sorta "iceing on the cake" for our 2023 season !
And he is so worthy. What a GREAT NFL player Andre was.
You know just like the circumstances regarding the CJ pick, we were very fortunate to just have
Andre on our Board as of course Detroit was picking right before us in that Draft, and they also
wanted a WR so they took MI native Charles Roger's instead of Andre who of course turned out to be an absolute bust.

Anybody think that the Texans current success, notoriety and love from the national media gave any edge to Andre here?

Just a thought

...But big Congrats to the Big Dawg for getting into the Hall. It's well deserved and all of the recent accomplishments and changes with this franchise accompanied by this alleviates some of the sting of years past.

The sun is finally shining on this dog ass team.

Anybody think that the Texans current success, notoriety and love from the national media gave any edge to Andre here?

Just a thought

...But big Congrats to the Big Dawg for getting into the Hall. It's well deserved and all of the recent accomplishments and changes with this franchise accompanied by this alleviates some of the sting of years past.

The sun is finally shining on this dog ass team.
I think the success of CJ Stroud got the writers to look at AJ closer and wonder what could have been if he'd had an elite QB

You know just like the circumstances regarding the CJ pick, we were very fortunate to just have
Andre on our Board as of course Detroit was picking right before us in that Draft, and they also
wanted a WR so they took MI native Charles Roger's instead of Andre who of course turned out to be an absolute bust.
Casserly got that one right.

Reactions: JB
He's a bonafide Hall of Famer, I just didn't have faith in the voters to put him ahead of the receivers that got more publicity during his era. He got in before Antonio Gates, Reggie Wayne, and Tory Holt. He was the best receiver below Marvin Harrison, according to his peers. Way to go Dre, the first Texan NFL Hall of Famer. That '07 Draft now has four Hall of Famers in it, with a few more coming.

Back