Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

All Encompassing Vick Thread

Do you remember what happened on Saturday, April 28, 2007?

Roger Goodell does.

Boy, does he.

That’s when the NFL commissioner asked Michael Vick if he was involved in illegal dogfighting. That’s when the Falcons quarterback looked Goodell in the eyes and said he wasn’t involved in illegal dogfighting and that none of it occurred on his Virginia property

Maybe you’ve heard. Vick and his lawyers are discussing whether to accept a plea deal from the feds by Friday. If Vick does so, he would be telling the world that he was involved in illegal dogfighting and that it did occur on his Virginia property.

Translated: Goodell would not be pleased, especially since the no-nonsense commissioner doesn’t strike me as somebody with amnesia.

Article:
Plea won't Please NFL commish

Well he just needs to tell the commissioner that he's innocent and the guilty plea was just for fun. Innocent people do this all the time. :ok:

My guess is he is talking with OJ and he's trying to figure out what's the best line of defense.. I mean they came hard after the Juice and he walked out. Maybe if Mike got in a Bronco and have Schaub drive him around Atlanta, the fans can line the streets and cheer him on, that way he gets support and eventually will walk...

BREAKING NEWS:

VICK PLEA LIKELY FOR FRIDAY.. WAITING ON NFL DECISION

Richmond, Va. — Facing the possibility of a new indictment, which includes racketeering charges, Falcons quarterback Michael Vick will most likely join his three co-defendants and agree this week to a plea deal with prosecutors in his federal dogfighting case, according to two people with knowledge of the case.

Vick has not made a final decision, according to the two people with the knowledge of the case, because he wants to hear from the NFL what a guilty plea would do to his football career.

Federal prosecutors announced at Vick's arraignment last month they will be seeking a superseding indictment before the end of this month. And that indictment includes at least one additional charge under the federal "RICO" statute, both people said. RICO, which stands for Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organization, targets organized crime and racketeering as well as enterprises affecting interstate commerce.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/s...5/vick_0816.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

That should be an interesting conversation! Yo, if I plead guilty, can I come play football after I do time in the joint? This guy is almost (but not quite) as delisuional as SWT.

I almost (almost being operative) want Vick to play again. The court of public opinion can be way worse then spending time in Club Fed. Can you imagine the circus that would be Mike Vick coming to town.... How about facing the Dog Pound in Cleveland.... :bat:

More troubles for Ookie:

Falcons | Vick hit with lawsuit alleging Al Qaeda ties
Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:40:29 -0700

Fox News reports Atlanta Falcons QB Michael Vick has been hit with a "$63,000,000,000 billion dollar" lawsuit filed by a South Carolina inmate who alleges Vick stole his pit bulls and sold them on eBay to buy "missiles from Iran." Jonathan Lee Riches alleges that Vick stole two white mixed pit bull dogs from his home in Holiday, Fla., and used them for dog fighting operations in Richmond, Va. Vick allegedly sold the dogs on eBay and "used the proceeds to purchase missiles from the Iran government." The complaint also alleges that Vick would need those missiles because he pledged allegiance to Al Qaeda in February of this year.

per kffl.com

Now that's a good laugh.

Goodell praises vick for his accountability and new leaf turned by giving up his friends. Vick plays

The only way Vick plays again in the NFL is to plead guilty. Then come completely clean with the public and is extremely contrite. Then hear comes the big one, Vick becomes a permanent spokesman for PETA and the Humane Society on this topic. Probably meaning public service announcements on TV during his games.

No matter what happens, Vick isn't playing this year. I just don't see how the NFL can handle the heat on that one.

Next year? Maybe, see above and Vick isn't jail or has a hit on him for turning state's evidence.

I'm just wondering why the Feds come down so hard on white guys. I mean first Enron and now this NBA ref. The ref may get 25 years for gambling charges and all. Afterall, it isn't like he abused dogs or killed someone. Why is Vick getting off light?

Signed with Dripping Sarcasm to Prove a Point :sarcasm:
HoustonFrog

i still think he is innocent. I think he will PLEAD guilty, but i don't actually think he did any of it. Clear?
I'm trying to think of if I've ever seen a dumber comment...ever. I used to think of you as a young naive guy...now that mental image is not so rosy.

I'm just wondering why the Feds come down so hard on white guys. I mean first Enron and now this NBA ref. The ref may get 25 years for gambling charges and all. Afterall, it isn't like he abused dogs or killed someone. Why is Vick getting off light?

Signed with Dripping Sarcasm to Prove a Point :sarcasm:
HoustonFrog
RACE DOESNT MATTER IN LAW

I'm trying to think of if I've ever seen a dumber comment...ever. I used to think of you as a young naive guy...now that mental image is not so rosy.

I made a comment I thought better of and edited it, it had to do with a crack pipe and or more pot than snoop dogg has smoked in his life.

:gun:

Signed with Dripping Sarcasm to Prove a Point ---> :sarcasm: <---

^^^^^^^^^^What more does one need to see - that it was said with sarcasm??

Nah, he should've sent a PM to every member before hand forewarning everybody a sarcastic post was going to be made.:whip:

i've done that before.

OK, I think I figured it out. Was all this supposed to be sarcastic and you just forgot to PM everyone telling them so?
If not please enlighten me on: why innocent people plead guilt; how innocent people become informants.

i am going to laugh hysterically at all of you lemmings that rushed to the conclusion of lifetime bans and extreme prison sentences......i've said all along, no jailtime, and probably no nfl suspension..

it ends a little something like this

vick pleads guilty, turns informant on interstate rings of crime. Vick pays VERY large fine. probably gives up that virginia property too.

Goodell praises vick for his accountability and new leaf turned by giving up his friends. Vick plays

Swtbound07 says he told you so, and watches everybody try and forget the crazy things they said.

You've said he was innocent. I think someone is changing their tune now

i still think he is innocent. I think he will PLEAD guilty, but i don't actually think he did any of it. Clear?

The only way Vick plays again in the NFL is to plead guilty. Then come completely clean with the public and is extremely contrite. Then hear comes the big one, Vick becomes a permanent spokesman for PETA and the Humane Society on this topic. Probably meaning public service announcements on TV during his games.

Stranger things have happened, but if this occurs I can only say:

Clear the Flight Deck... because there are swine on the catapults....

:pigfly: :pigfly: :pigfly: :pigfly:

This is a 3 week old article covering a quite accurate summary "history" of the Vick brothers. (It appears that VY isn't the only QB leader that can't make their plane flights.) There seems to be a semblance of sibling competition in "I can screw up better than you can" category:
The Stupid Brothers

I am so glad Vick didn't stay his senior year...He'd came out then with Carr and Harrington in a that draft, Texans would have picked him and looking at that now
of course the Texans DO look at Character guys, to play the what if game.. Peppers might have been our pick due to Vicks Character or a trade down

anyway enought of my mindless wander

What a mess and I am glad the Texans are enjoyed a quiet offseason from the HPD.. unless HPD would have tasered Vick (instead of Weary)

This is a 3 week old article covering a quite accurate summary "history" of the Vick brothers. (It appears that VY isn't the only QB leader that can't make their plane flights.) There seems to be a semblance of sibling competition in "I can screw up better than you can" category:
The Stupid Brothers

What is Marcus going to do to top this? Mass murder?

I am so glad Vick didn't stay his senior year...He'd came out then with Carr and Harrington in a that draft, Texans would have picked him and looking at that now
of course the Texans DO look at Character guys, to play the what if game.. Peppers might have been our pick due to Vicks Character or a trade down

anyway enought of my mindless wander

What a mess and I am glad the Texans are enjoyed a quiet offseason from the HPD.. unless HPD would have tasered Vick (instead of Weary)

I think we would have taken Vick. Casserly loved Vick and wished he waited a year.

http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?story=130378&ran=147795&tref=po

Vick offered plea deal recommending at least a year in prison

Federal prosecutors have offered Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick a plea deal that would recommend he serve at least one year in prison on a felony dogfighting conspiracy charge, according to two sources with knowledge of the discussions. Vick has until 9 a.m. Friday to accept the offer or potentially face additional charges when a grand jury convenes next week in U.S. District Court in Richmond, one of the sources said. At least two of Vick’s attorneys have been discussing a plea bargain with prosecutors since early this week, the source said
I'm pretty sure if he gets a least a year in prison, especially for a gambling offense, he's gone for good. And even if he doesn't get a lifetime ban, who is going to take a chance on a mediocre quarterback with his baggage.

If I was Vick, I would take my millions and buy my own country somewhere.

Though, if he does run, I will enjoy the irony if Dwayne "The Dog" Chapman brings him to justice.

Either that, or as some form of punishment, Goodell makes Pac-Man, Ricky, Vick, Henry, and Tank form some kind of A-Team to travel the US fighting crime.

If I was Vick, I would take my millions and buy my own country somewhere.

Though, if he does run, I will enjoy the irony if Dwayne "The Dog" Chapman brings him to justice.

Either that, or as some form of punishment, Goodell makes Pac-Man, Ricky, Vick, Henry, and Tank form some kind of A-Team to travel the US fighting crime.

I'm afraid if that show got made it wouldn't have made it past its pilot episode.

What is Marcus going to do to top this? Mass murder?

I think we would have taken Vick. Casserly loved Vick and wished he waited a year.

The irony lies in the fact that Vick SPECIFICALLY did not come out because he wanted no part of an expansion team...........he wanted no part of the Texans...........Bless you, my son. :whew

The irony lies in the fact that Vick SPECIFICALLY did not come out because he wanted no part of an expansion team...........he wanted no part of the Texans...........Bless you, my son. :whew

680 AM in Atlanta reports this morning that the Plea Deal for Vick is 1 year (with no chance for reduction in sentence) in Federal Prison. He also has to "cooperate" and a civil forfeiture. Vick is just waiting to hear back from the NFL as to what this will do to his football career.

Since I am concerned for Vick's well-being, I think the United States Bureau of Prisons should take all available means to ensure his safety while incarcerated.

Therefore, to ensure Vick's safety, he must be sent to the United States Penitentiary Administrative Maximum Facility in Florence, Colorado, a/k/a "SuperMax." There he will be safe, because he is confined to his cell 23 hours each day in solitary confinement.

Vick will be in good company at the Supermax, joining other inmates such as Eric Rudolph, the Olympic Park bomber, John Walker Lindh, Theodore Kaczynski, Terry Nichols, Zacarias Moussaoui, Robert Hanssen (FBI Agent turned spy for the Soviets), and Ramzi Yousef, (1993 World Trade Center Bomber).

A note about federal plea bargains.

Having just had an uncle plead guilty to a federal crime, I've actually seen the courts in action on this particular subject. The federal prosecutors CANNOT enforce sentencing recommendations, just strongly oppose any deviation. By the sentencing guidelines, my uncle was looking at a Max 5 years, min 2, but the judge deviated from those parameters, and he got one year, 1 day. The prosecutors were pissed, but were handcuffed. If the judge decides to say...defer the jailtime, or reduce it to fine only, it doesn't matter what the prosecution wants. The judge is able to accept the guilty plea and then sentence him. Its not common, but it happens. If he decides to plead guilty it really depends on what judge he gets.

Having just had an uncle plead guilty to a federal crime, I've actually seen the courts in action on this particular subject. The federal prosecutors CANNOT enforce sentencing recommendations, just strongly oppose any deviation. By the sentencing guidelines, my uncle was looking at a Max 5 years, min 2, but the judge deviated from those parameters, and he got one year, 1 day. The prosecutors were pissed, but were handcuffed. If the judge decides to say...defer the jailtime, or reduce it to fine only, it doesn't matter what the prosecution wants. The judge is able to accept the guilty plea and then sentence him. Its not common, but it happens. If he decides to plead guilty it really depends on what judge he gets.

SWT SWT SWT my friend......

My Father told me this joke years ago...

A Supreme Court Justice died and went to Heaven. When he got there, he saw God wearing a black robe.

The Justice asks Saint Peter.. "Why is God weaing a black robe?"

Saint Peter tells him... "Oh don't worry about that.. sometimes God thinks he is a Federal Judge."

As for Vick's Judge, The Honorable Henry Hudson, United States District Judge for the Eastern District of Virginia, Richmond Division:

"Federal District Court Judge Henry E. Hudson, appointed by President Bush in 2002, has considerable experience as a prosecutor. Before he took to the federal bench, he served as the U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia for about five years. He also served as the director of the U.S. Marshall Service from 1992 to 1993.

The judge assigned to preside over Michael Vick's sensational dog-fighting case is a tough jurist who has a history of exceeding federal sentencing guidelines to make a point, criminal defense attorneys here said today.

"He is highly regarded by lawyers in the Eastern District of Virginia and he enjoys a pretty strict reputation," said Carl Tobias, a University of Richmond law professor who specializes in Constitutional law and the federal courts. "From his prosecutorial background, he may see the case from the U.S. [attorney's side] more favorably than from somebody who comes from a criminal defense background."

Steven D. Benjamin is a veteran criminal defense attorney who has represented many clients before Hudson.

"He is not temperamental. He is even-handed. He affords everyone equal respect," Benjamin said. He added that Hudson "is willing to take into consideration the effect of the crime on a community" when he sentences defendants.

Benjamin referred to a corruption case in 2004 in which Hudson sentenced a Richmond City Hall employee to 10 years in prison, declaring the normal punishment was inadequate given the damage Robert Evans did to the city.

The Richmond Times-Dispatch reported the sentence was almost double the federal guidelines. Hudson also ordered Evans to pay back the $1.1 million he stole from city taxpayers.

"He brought absolute disgrace to the city of Richmond," Hudson said during the sentencing, according to the Times-Dispatch."

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/07/18/0719vickjudge.html

That is correct in that the judge decides the sentence, not the prosecutor, but it works both ways. Your uncle may have gotten a lighter sentence, but the judge can also decide the deal is too soft and raise the time over the prosecutor's recommendation.

The judge assigned to preside over Michael Vick's sensational dog-fighting case is a tough jurist who has a history of exceeding federal sentencing guidelines to make a point, criminal defense attorneys here said today.

That doesn't bode well for Vick or his jock sniffers.....

That is correct in that the judge decides the sentence, not the prosecutor, but it works both ways. Your uncle may have gotten a lighter sentence, but the judge can also decide the deal is too soft and raise the time over the prosecutor's recommendation.

agreed, it definitely works both ways. Somebody posted something earlier on the judge, but i don't know his history on this type of crime, or this type of defendant. Just was trying to correct the guy who said there was no chance of a sentence under a year because of the plea.

Back