Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

All encompassing Rick Smith thread

I'm not coming from the angle of defending BoB as I'm not exactly in his corner. I feel like I'll have a better sense of what kind of coach he is as we see how the offense does this year with him at the helm and see if he's progressing or if he's over his head. To make an assessment though you have to be fair and I'm not sure how to do that if we're blaming him for things that go wrong but when things go right, it's 'lucky'.
It's simply fact that RC was available right away.
Wade was not; the Texans had to wait for him, he was still the HC for the Cowboys.

Wade was not; the Texans had to wait for him, he was still the HC for the Cowboys.
So it was a given that because RAC was available that he would become the defensive coordinator for the Texans? Is it luck that BoB hasn't pissed off RAC in his time there and that he's still with the team? Was it luck that Mike Vrabel was available and Wes Welker? Was it luck that they figured out a way to keep RAC and Vrabel on the team? Was it then bad luck that a better offensive coordinator wasn't available? I think you see where I'm coming from.

So it was a given that because RAC was available that he would become the defensive coordinator for the Texans? Is it luck that BoB hasn't pissed off RAC in his time there and that he's still with the team? Was it luck that Mike Vrabel was available and Wes Welker? Was it luck that they figured out a way to keep RAC and Vrabel on the team? Was it then bad luck that a better offensive coordinator wasn't available? I think you see where I'm coming from.
I'm not seeing where you come from.

I did say that RC and Vrabel were O'Brien's connection. That's credit.
The fact still remains that they were available right away.
Kubiak had to "wait" 5 years to get Wade.

I actually believe the Texans are a top 10 franchise year in and year out in terms of overall talent.

I also believe Kubiak was an offensive genius who had trouble running an entire organization, and thus why he did so well with the Broncos when all he had to focus on was offense while Wade took care of the defense and Elway took care of the team building aspect within Kubiak's parameters.

I believe BOb is nowhere near the mind on the offense that Kubiak was, and we were spoiled because Kubiak's and Shanny Jr's offense when clicking is one of the most beautiful art forms in football. HOWEVER....

BOb is much better at the "overall" picture of what he wants his entire organization to be. He actually is closer to Belichick in this regard than he is Kubiak. The problem that has happened is that because Kubiak failed in this area, Rick and The McNair's have handicapped him in some regard.

This is the key everyone seems to agree on and why the Texans end up in the situation they do. Rick hits on 1st rounders. Rick hits on UDFA. Guess which contracts can blow up quickly to be overslotted? First round extensions and UDFA in year 3 that wants a raise. So Rick hits on the pieces that will cost over slot dollar when time to extend.

Pay grade argument again. McNair and Slappy the son(I actually think Cal is worse if you can't tell by my rhetoric) then want to pay those "STARS" we can't lose. The problem is if there is any decline in production, those extensions become bad deals. Guess who pushes for those extensions?!?

Others have noted that championship rosters are built rounds 3-7. That's because the contracts are super team friendly, extensions negotiations begin at a lower rate, and thus you can lock up those good/great mid rounders a lot cheaper than you can a first rounder or UDFA who blows up.

So to summarize.

Good/Great talent
Good/Great coaching
Good/Great drafting 1st and UDFA
Bad/Average middle rounds
Bad/Average owner input
Bad Contracts due to owner input

This is why we remain top heavy but talented.

Have you looked at the talent on the OL/WR/RB/QB and that's top 10 talent? Tell me who other than Hopkins is even possibly a top 10 rated talent at his position? Brown didn't play at a top 10 level last yr. How about the safety position?

# Fandom

Have you looked at the talent on the OL/WR/RB/QB and that's top 10 talent? Tell me who other than Hopkins is even possibly a top 10 rated talent at his position? Brown didn't play at a top 10 level last yr. How about the safety position?

# Fandom

Overall talent. We have three of the top 20 pass rushers in the NFL in Watt, Clowney, and Mercilus. We had a top 3 cornerback group (Lost Bouye but added KJo who I believe is better). We have a top 5 punter. Mancz was rated as a top 10 center if I'm not mistaken.

Some places will be under 10, some way above 10. Overall talent, top 10.

Overall talent. We have three of the top 20 pass rushers in the NFL in Watt, Clowney, and Mercilus. We had a top 3 cornerback group (Lost Bouye but added KJo who I believe is better). We have a top 5 punter. Mancz was rated as a top 10 center if I'm not mistaken.

Some places will be under 10, some way above 10. Overall talent, top 10.

Pass rush yes, I'm hopeful about KJo too, but he's proven nothing except he's a foot injury waiting to happen, certainly not a top 10 CB.

If Mancz was truly a top 10 center or interior OL dont you think he would be starting somewhere along the OL. Particularly when a rookie who hasn't played a down of regular season NFL football took his job? BTW, I thought Mancz did an admirable job being he was a rookie last yr. Certainly not top 10 in the NFL though.

Fact is and I know you disagree with me, this team is talent deficient in too many areas starting at QB and going forward. This fall directly on Ricky McNair.

It was always my understanding that Wade was foisted upon Kubiak because Bum was always milling around the executive suites in contact with Bob McNair and Kubiak was unable to pick a DC to save his life. Wade wasn't Kubiak's connection at all, he was McNair's.

I'm coming to the conclusion that O'Briens tenure is going to come to be defined by never having the right personnel on the depth chart all at once.

He's struggled mightily with TE's, then gone big on WR's, rifled through a succession of crappy QB's and the OL has disintegrated whilst he was looking elsewhere.

I hope I am wrong but I don't see a single unit on the O this year that doesn't require a number of players to play significantly above where I'm expecting them to.

It was always my understanding that Wade was foisted upon Kubiak because Bum was always milling around the executive suites in contact with Bob McNair and Kubiak was unable to pick a DC to save his life. Wade wasn't Kubiak's connection at all, he was McNair's.

I'm coming to the conclusion that O'Briens tenure is going to come to be defined by never having the right personnel on the depth chart all at once.

He's struggled mightily with TE's, then gone big on WR's, rifled through a succession of crappy QB's and the OL has disintegrated whilst he was looking elsewhere.

I hope I am wrong but I don't see a single unit on the O this year that doesn't require a number of players to play significantly above where I'm expecting them to.
Wade and Kubiak went back a long way.
Wade was the DC when Kubiak was the backup QB.
They coached together in Denver.

Kubiak was a ball boy when Bum coached the Oilers.
Bum has always been in Kubiak's corner.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=5966936

Wade and Kubiak went back a long way.
Wade was the DC when Kubiak was the backup QB.
They coached together in Denver.

Kubiak was a ball boy when Bum coached the Oilers.
Bum has always been in Kubiak's corner.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=5966936

When Kubes was here, the common thought around TT was that Kubes kept hiring his friends to be D.C. Then McNair finally stepped in and forced him to take Wade. I'm not saying that's true, but I recall that was general consensus around here while people looked forward reasons to fire Kubiak.

Well they both have one skill in common... evaluating crappy QBs.
Haha.
But not really.
Elway wasn't great, but not bad either.
He got Plummer toward the end of his career and went through 4 winning seasons with Plummer (best TD/Int stretch of Plummer's career.

He cut bait on Cutler after two years, getting 2 first and a 3rd for him.
He also got Orton in the process.
Orton posted a TD/ INT ratio of 49-28 with the Broncos.

They rode Tebow's one "good" year to the playoffs, beating the 12-4 Steelers before losing to NE.
Elway cut bait the following year, trading Tebow for a 4th and a 6th.

Elway was able to pick up Peyton for 4 years.

They got the best year out of Osweiler.

Sieman, a late round pick, posted an 18-10 TD/Int ratio last year.
I think he looked solid in PS and may keep the starting job over Lynch, whose future is yet to be known.

I think that record is still better than Rick Smith.

When Kubes was here, the common thought around TT was that Kubes kept hiring his friends to be D.C. Then McNair finally stepped in and forced him to take Wade. I'm not saying that's true, but I recall that was general consensus around here while people looked forward reasons to fire Kubiak.
We did hear that, but nobody ever had a confirmation of anything close to that.

Don't forget that Wade was working with Bum and the Oilers when Kubiak was invited to be the ball boy.

Kubiak is a hometown boy, and Wade is as much a Houstonian as his dad.

And this:

https://www.all22.com/denver-broncos/broncos-wade-phillips-thanks-gary-kubiak

Not exactly. The way it worked out and the one time Bob McNair got it right, Bum was at a late season practice in 2010 after Wade had already been fired by Dallas. Bum convinced Bob that Wade was the best DC for the Texans. The hiccup was Kubiak had always been a 4-3 guy and why he always hired 4-3 DC. However Kubiak's defenses had been absolutely horrible since he had become HC. In the interest of his own job, Kubiak did not flinch when McNair hired Wade and promised him the 1st RD pick if he would take the job. Wade had been dismissed as the Cowboys HC when all of this transpired.

This post is spot on.

Just remember the 2 constants in the Texans org. thru both the Kubiak/BOB regimes.

Haha.
But not really.
Elway wasn't great, but not bad either.
He got Plummer toward the end of his career and went through 4 winning seasons with Plummer (best TD/Int stretch of Plummer's career.

He cut bait on Cutler after two years, getting 2 first and a 3rd for him.
He also got Orton in the process.
Orton posted a TD/ INT ratio of 49-28 with the Broncos.

They rode Tebow's one "good" year to the playoffs, beating the 12-4 Steelers before losing to NE.
Elway cut bait the following year, trading Tebow for a 4th and a 6th.

Elway was able to pick up Peyton for 4 years.

They got the best year out of Osweiler.

Sieman, a late round pick, posted an 18-10 TD/Int ratio last year.
I think he looked solid in PS and may keep the starting job over Lynch, whose future is yet to be known.

I think that record is still better than Rick Smith.

Elway wasn't GM during the Plummer/Cutler/Orton yrs and wasn't the GM that drafted Tebow. Ted Sundquist was the GM.

Not exactly. The way it worked out and the one time Bob McNair got it right, Bum was at a late season practice in 2010 after Wade had already been fired by Dallas. Bum convinced Bob that Wade was the best DC for the Texans. The hiccup was Kubiak had always been a 4-3 guy and why he always hired 4-3 DC. However Kubiak's defenses had been absolutely horrible since he had become HC. In the interest of his own job, Kubiak did not flinch when McNair hired Wade and promised him the 1st RD pick if he would take the job. Wade had been dismissed as the Cowboys HC when all of this transpired.
Phillips defense might be 34, but each player is responsible for just one gap.
It's just the same as a 43 with a LB at the LOS.
Wade himself considers the OLB just as a DE with his hand off the ground.
Wade actually had his D classified as 43 in certain years during his career, depending on what he thinks work best that year.
Kubiak is no stranger to Wade's philosophy.

Kubiak might feel loyalty to some of his coaches (because a DC always bring a number of assistant coaches with him), but there's no way he doesn't like Wade as a DC.

I was typing my response to TheKDog when your post discussing the RC/Vrabel/O'Brien connection posted a minute earlier so I missed it. It now makes sense why you weren't making sense if that makes sense.

Wade actually had his D classified as 43 in certain years during his career, depending on what he thinks work best that year.

Kubiak might feel loyalty to some of his coaches (because a DC always bring a number of assistant coaches with him), but there's no way he doesn't like Wade as a DC.
Wade has actually referred to his defense as a 5-2. Regardless Wade WAS NOT a Kubiak decision.

3-4/4-3/5-2 is obsolete terminology in today's game honestly. Many coaches cringe when they get labeled one or the other.

It's much easier to identify schemes as 1 gap or 2 gap.

Usually you have a wide 9 or 7 on the weak side, a 3 tech, a 0/1 shade, a 5 tech, and another 7 or wide 9 in the front 5. Then you can call the two linebackers in the middle whatever you want, (Mike and Mo) or (WLB and MLB). WLB and Mike is very close. Mo and MLB are slightly different but have many similar responsibilities.

This doesn't get into terms like Leo (a linebacker in size who plays like an end) or Elephant (a lineman in size who plays like a linebacker).

In the smaller, pass happy NFL, the terminology has been blurred even more.

Is it a box safety or money backer?
Are you a nickel corner or third safety?

The definitions have blurred.
The only way to truly grasp a scheme is find the gap responsibilities. Then know if your team is a man to man or zone based team (blurred here too but there are tendencies.) Then are you aggressive with blitzes of 5 or more or conservative with 4 man rushes.

Those three details explain more about defenses than terminology.

I was typing my response to TheKDog when your post discussing the RC/Vrabel/O'Brien connection posted a minute earlier so I missed it. It now makes sense why you weren't making sense if that makes sense.
I'm thoroughly confused, LOL.
But it's all good.

Times have changed since Kubiak left.

Ricky has more power now.

RE: BOB's season ending PC should tell you all you need to know about how talent is aquired in the Texans org. Also Ricky most certainly ran Gaine out of town since Gaine took a lateral move to Buffalo of all places and Ricky hired Raye over the objections of BOB. (Who wanted Cesario) The pic of the warroom should tell you who was in charge and made the Watson pick This is just another of the signs of dysfunction in the Texans org.

If this is your expectations then I'm sure you're quite happy with the Rick Smith era.

Meanwhile, the most important unit on the team sucks (OL) and the safety play can be said to be bad at best. The sad part about this is Ricky has had 3 yrs to fix these areas and just hasn't had the time to get around to these areas.

As far as coaching goes I guess 2 totally kinds of HC's just weren't good enough Kubiak/BOB. I would think at some point you might look at the man getting the talent, but you cant do that because as this post points out you think everthing is just fine on the talent end and you're perfectly content with 9-7,7-9.

This is stupid.

Most of us here feel we're a QB away from being a true contender. The rest of the team Rick built has got us 9-7 mediocre, blah, blah, blah.... get a QB & we're true contenders.

Bill can be the next Bill if he gets onboard with the McNairs & coach the QBs he's given. Inspire, motivate, don't antagonize & berate.

You are what the records say you are, in the long run.
The Texans are plus ten with Rick Smith.
Overall, the coaches combine to be better than average.
All that point to a mediocre GM; slightly above average at best.
However, when you look at the playoff record, it's where the other teams that were below the Texans in the WL columns made ground.
A few teams, like the Panthers and the Bears made it to the SB.
Many made it to the Conference game.

Therefore, IMHO, Rick Smith is at best average.

So... coaches got us to the playoffs, but Rick failed us in the playoffs?

Rick's job takes place before 9-7, not after. There's literally nothing Rick can do between the regular season & the post season, that's on the coaches... gotta be.

Last edited:
This is stupid.

Most of us here feel we're a QB away from being a true contender. The rest of the team Rick built has got us 9-7 mediocre, blah, blah, blah.... get a QB & we're true contenders.

Bill can be the next Bill if he gets onboard with the McNairs & coach the QBs he's given. Inspire, motivate, don't antagonize & berate.

So if I believe this team is more than just a QB away I'm stupid?

I would say this team is being generous RT and if DB doesn't make it back a LT. A couple of WR's, a safety. Definitely ST's upgrades are needed if the Texans truly want to be nearly as good as the Pats. BTW, how do you know Watson is the guy at QB? That's right you dont. In fact with Ricky's history aquiring QB's unfortunately history is working against Watson.

So... coaches got us to the playoffs, but Rick failed us in the playoffs?

Rick's job takes place before 9-7, not after. There's literally nothing Rick can do between the regular season & the post season, that's on the coaches... gotta be.
Read it what you will.

My personal assessment is that Rick Smith is, at best, average at his job.
However, if somebody argues that he's slightly above average, I won't dismiss the idea.

You already knew how I feel about the coaches.

So if I believe this team is more than just a QB away I'm stupid?

I would say this team is being generous RT and if DB doesn't make it back a LT. A couple of WR's, a safety. Definitely ST's upgrades are needed if the Texans truly want to be nearly as good as the Pats. BTW, how do you know Watson is the guy at QB? That's right you dont. In fact with Ricky's history aquiring QB's unfortunately history is working against Watson.

I don't know Watson is the guy. Never said he was.

If we find a QB that Bill O'Brien doesn't piss off, we're well on our way to being a true contender. Yes, we'll still have holes on our team, just like the Broncos did when they won the Super Bowl, the Stealers, Giants, Seahawks, & even t he Patriots, when they won the Super Bowl.

Read it what you will.

My personal assessment is that Rick Smith is, at best, average at his job.
However, if somebody argues that he's slightly above average, I won't dismiss the idea.

You already knew how I feel about the coaches.

I'm not arguing that Rick is better than average. I'm arguing that his failure is the reason our 9-7 team isn't like the 9-7 teams that went on to win the Super Bowl.

If we find a QB that Bill O'Brien doesn't piss off, we're well on our way to being a true contender. Yes, we'll still have holes on our team, just like the Broncos did when they won the Super Bowl, the Stealers, Giants, Seahawks, & even t he Patriots, when they won the Super Bowl.

I'm not arguing that Rick is better than average. I'm arguing that his failure is the reason our 9-7 team isn't like the 9-7 teams that went on to win the Super Bowl.

Other than Osweiller, who are the other QB's that couldn't get along will BOB?

Honestly, I don't know what you argue.

For the last couple of years, it has been my contention that the Texans don't have the GM nor the HC to win a SB.

14 of 27 wins in the last 3 years (more than half) have come against the NFL's worst division in the league, AFC SOUTH. Stupid is as stupid does.

Actually the greatest coaches to ever walk the sidelines all agree you must be able to win your division first, then you worry about the playoffs and other division winners when that time comes. If you can't win your division, it is pointless.

For reference you can find Bill Belichick reference this in "War Room" if you haven't read it.

Actually the greatest coaches to ever walk the sidelines all agree you must be able to win your division first, then you worry about the playoffs and other division winners when that time comes. If you can't win your division, it is pointless.

For reference you can find Bill Belichick reference this in "War Room" if you haven't read it.
That's all great and wonderful but after 3 years living in the NFL's cellar division there has been no improvement. It's becoming rather pointless!

That's all great and wonderful but after 3 years living in the NFL's cellar division there has been no improvement. It's becoming rather pointless!

We as fans have no control over division strength. BOb can only control Houston.

Sir you say no improvement.

9-7 missed playoffs. (Easiest SOS)
9-7 eliminated in wildcard (Hardest SOS)
9-7 eliminated in divisional (Hardest SOS)

*SOS= Divisional SOS

There is an eb and flow to the NFL. You can only "control the controllable".

Houston can't win the Super Bowl in week 3 because that's not how the NFL does things. Great organizations treat each week as a building block towards the upcoming Sunday and the week to follow. If Houston not going to the Conference Championship or Super Bowl is a letdown, then there are 24-26 teams who shouldn't even lace up this year.

It's pointless to criticize EVERY SINGLE DECISION that your favorite (maybe) team makes. But that's what some do as fans. As for me, I'll banter, discuss, hope, offer opinions, and still wake up on Sunday with my Battle Red and Steel Blue on.

Having a team back in Houston is the least pointless thing in the world to me. My father and I were crushed when the Oilers moved to Tennessee. When Houston announced their NFL return, nothing could have been less "pointless" to a lifelong football fan and family.

As far as BOB goes, He needed to find his QB within his 1st two yrs here. Rumor is he wanted Jimmy G and Ricky outsmarted himself. Regardless they still dont have a QB partly due to an impatient owner.

Agreed about the 2nd part of the post and Ricky.

We as fans have no control over division strength. BOb can only control Houston.

Sir you say no improvement.

9-7 missed playoffs. (Easiest SOS)
9-7 eliminated in wildcard (Hardest SOS)
9-7 eliminated in divisional (Hardest SOS)

*SOS= Divisional SOS

There is an eb and flow to the NFL. You can only "control the controllable".

Houston can't win the Super Bowl in week 3 because that's not how the NFL does things. Great organizations treat each week as a building block towards the upcoming Sunday and the week to follow. If Houston not going to the Conference Championship or Super Bowl is a letdown, then there are 24-26 teams who shouldn't even lace up this year.

It's pointless to criticize EVERY SINGLE DECISION that your favorite (maybe) team makes. But that's what some do as fans. As for me, I'll banter, discuss, hope, offer opinions, and still wake up on Sunday with my Battle Red and Steel Blue on.

Having a team back in Houston is the least pointless thing in the world to me. My father and I were crushed when the Oilers moved to Tennessee. When Houston announced their NFL return, nothing could have been less "pointless" to a lifelong football fan and family.

They've improved a little despite bad QB play. I think last yr was a good yr because they improved without Watt.

I just dont understand how anybody could be crushed by losing a franchise like the Oilers. I looked at them leaving as a good riddance to bad rubbish moment. I will feel the same way if the McNair's move the team. They dont do everything possible to put the best product on the field anyways. So screw them too.

# NFL SUNDAY TICKET

They've improved a little despite bad QB play. I think last yr was a good yr because they improved without Watt.

I just dont understand how anybody could be crushed by losing a franchise like the Oilers. I looked at them leaving as a good riddance to bad rubbish moment. I will feel the same way if the McNair's move the team. They dont do everything possible to put the best product on the field anyways. So screw them too.

# NFL SUNDAY TICKET

I understand the frustration with the lack of end goal results. I love football so much that I chose it as a career. For me I guess it's having a team that represents my hometown since I no longer live there. No matter what other teams I watch, scout, and have relationships with, it doesn't bring me the same feeling as a team from Houston.

Last edited:
As far as BOB goes, He needed to find his QB within his 1st two yrs here. Rumor is he wanted Jimmy G and Ricky outsmarted himself. Regardless they still dont have a QB partly due to an impatient owner.

Rumor was Bill O'Brien thought Brian Hoyer could lead a team to the Super Bowl.

Look, imo part of being a HC is being able to influence people. Even though McNair is the owner & impatient, Billy (or whoever) needs to be able to "managed him. It's on Bill to convince McNair his way is the right way to get McNair what he wants.

I've done it, to different degrees with every boss I've had. I bet you have too, maybe without knowing. So, imo, if Bob McNair cut O'Brien out of the QB selection process, the FitzMallettHoyerMallett thing is probably why. Not just because Billy missed, but that he failed so miserably.

Other than Osweiller, who are the other QB's that couldn't get along will BOB?

Mallett, Hoyer and Fitztragic. You think any starter wouldn't get mad about being bench.

Mallett was mainly mad because he was straight up lied too. Remember he was told he would be the starter and low and behold, Hoyer was brought in to compete for that starters position. Classic

Rick did not out smart himself. Good lord you try to blame everything downfall on this man is hilarious. The Patriots leap frogged us. Belichick knew we were going after Jimmy G, so he moved up to draft him.

# NFL SUNDAY TICKET

Change teams.

Look, imo part of being a HC is being able to influence people. Even though McNair is the owner & impatient, Billy (or whoever) needs to be able to "managed him. It's on Bill to convince McNair his way is the right way to get McNair what he wants.

I've done it, to different degrees with every boss I've had. I bet you have too, maybe without knowing. So, imo, if Bob McNair cut O'Brien out of the QB selection process, the FitzMallettHoyerMallett thing is probably why. Not just because Billy missed, but that he failed so miserably.

Spot on Thunderkyss

I dont think BOB thought Hoyer could win a SB. He was supposed to be a placeholder until Savage or a draft pick was ready. Unfortunately in that playoff game Hoyer was historically bad and McNair stepped in and told Ricky to get me a QB. Ricky did as told, unfortunately Ricky is terrible at evaluating QB's.

I get what you're saying about infuencing your boss. But Kubiak had McNair's ear, screwed up and now Ricky has McNair's ear. (For better or worse.)

Rick did not out smart himself. Good lord you try to blame everything downfall on this man is hilarious. The Patriots leap frogged us. Belichick knew we were going after Jimmy G, so he moved up to draft him.

I said that wrong. BB outsmarted Ricky. (Shocking)

Good news is Ricky learned from his mistake and in the last 2 drafts has traded up to get Martin/McKinney/Strong/Fuller/Watson etc...

Ricky is a slow learner who seems to be getting better at his job after only slightly over a decade of OJT. Whoops I take that back, Os signing. If BB could only teach Ricky how to be a player in FA then we might have a competent GM. I guess the good news is that Ricky realized how badly he screws up in FA, so he decided to not even attempt to sign even one this offseason. (Brilliance)

I dont think BOB thought Hoyer could win a SB. He was supposed to be a placeholder until Savage or a draft pick was ready. Unfortunately in that playoff game Hoyer was historically bad and McNair stepped in and told Ricky to get me a QB. Ricky did as told, unfortunately Ricky is terrible at evaluating QB's.

I get what you're saying about infuencing your boss. But Kubiak had McNair's ear, screwed up and now Ricky has McNair's ear. (For better or worse.)

One day we'll get a coach who can get McNair's ear. It would be nice if O'Brien could be that guy. Overall I think he can be a good coach, a really good coach. But I think his communication skills are one of his shortcomings that he needs to improve really quick if he's going to be successful in the NFL, with or without the Texans.

Back