Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

All Encompassing Carr Thread

No way. Haynesworth would never get a shot on Carr. The second Carr got back there, he was looking to roll out. Sure, Vanden Bosch would have had a field day but Haynesworth would have to start running sideways off the snap to catch up to Carr.

AH got to Carr 3 time in Carolina before he just started throwing balls into the stands to get away from him.

Soooooo, Fat Albert had 6 sacks all season and 3 of those were against Carr?? Thats absolutely pathetic for an alleged pro-bowler...

You do recall what he did to your QB right? He missed basicaly 4 games as well. Anyone who would not call AH's preformace last season a Pro Bowl one knows little to nothing about football.

You do recall what he did to your QB right? He missed basicaly 4 games as well. Anyone who would not call AH's preformace last season a Pro Bowl one knows little to nothing about football.

Yes... He drove Schaub into the ground. It's called a cheap shot from a punk.

Okay, the pansy missed 25% of the season (reason enough to not make the pro-bowl). But lets play the game anyways; So, math would tell me that he was on pace to have a whopping 8 sacks.. Oh boy!!! (and again, 3 were v. Carr). Thats good stuff there. :rolleyes:

Yes... He drove Schaub into the ground. It's called a cheap shot from a punk.

Okay, the pansy missed 25% of the season (reason enough to not make the pro-bowl). But lets play the game anyways; So, math would tell me that he was on pace to have a whopping 8 sacks.. Oh boy!!! (and again, 3 were v. Carr). Thats good stuff there. :rolleyes:

Ah so you think stats are the most important factor for a player then? Refer to my last post in this thread for what I think of that.

Was the hit on Shammy legal?

BTW Billy .... 8 sacks would have put AH at tied for 2nd in the league for DTs. So yes again that is a Pro Bowl stat since you seem to put so much weight in them.

What about beating that guys face in with his cleats?

He is a Grade A thug and he belongs with the Titans (or the Raiders).

He served a suspension, went to anger management classes, apologized, and paid a fine. Should AH now feed the guys dog too?

Oh and "beating the guys face in with his cleat" is a little of an exaggeration don't you think?

Ah so you think stats are the most important factor for a player then? Refer to my last post in this thread for what I think of that.

Was the hit on Shammy legal?

Nope and nope.....

I dont think stats tell the whole picture, but for D-linemen sacks are tangible element to their performance.

Actually no, it was not legal. There are any number of personal fouls that could be called, from unnescessary roughness to unsportsmanlike conduct, possibly even a roughing the passer call. It is not permissable to 'drive' a players head into the ground.

No worries though. Y'all are stuck with the guy this season and he will become a cancer...

That was actually Rocky 4 you were watching ....

HaynesworthStomp.jpg

Yep, that's definitely Stallone bringing his hoof down on the defenseless guy on the ground.

Oh and "beating the guys face in with his cleat" is a little of an exaggeration don't you think?

WHAT??!!? Exaggeration?!?!?!? 30+ stitches???? Put the bong down.. Re-watch the clip.

Thats not an exaggeration, that is fact.

Anyway, enough about that particular loser, this thread was about Carr....

I can start a 'Fat Albert is Punk' thread if you want me to... k???

Nice angle but he did not step it was more of a kick. Again if you serve your time are you not allowed to come back?

"Haynesworth tried to stomp on Gurode's head, but missed. A second stomp opened a severe wound on Gurode's forehead, narrowly missing his right eye. Haynesworth was hit with a 15-yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. In the midst of his protest, he took off his helmet and threw it to the ground, which led to another 15-yard penalty and Haynesworth's ejection from the game. [6] Gurode later received 30 stitches just above and below his right eye."

I consider that a face-stomping. Just like Bill said.... open your eyes next time you watch the clip. He was one inch away from ending that guys career.

"Haynesworth tried to stomp on Gurode's head, but missed. A second stomp opened a severe wound on Gurode's forehead, narrowly missing his right eye. Haynesworth was hit with a 15-yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. In the midst of his protest, he took off his helmet and threw it to the ground, which led to another 15-yard penalty and Haynesworth's ejection from the game. [6] Gurode later received 30 stitches just above and below his right eye."

I consider that a face-stomping. Just like Bill said.... open your eyes next time you watch the clip. He was one inch away from ending that guys career.

I never condoned the action ... I think I was quit vocal against it at the time and still am. But I also think there is a reason that the system has penalties for infractions and when someone serves them it is time to move past them.

Carr sucks!:texflag:

Carr sucks!:texflag:

Unless of course you are the Miami Herald:

The Dolphins should sign David Carr. The likelihood is not that Carr will magically become the long-sought answer at the quarterback spot (though I wouldn't rule it out). The point is that if you throw enough question marks into the competition, your odds increase that one of them might miraculously straighten out and become an exclamation point. Put another way, the Dolphins' starting QB, right now, is thoroughly unaccomplished journeyman Cleo Lemon, whose chances of being back with the team are anorexia-slim. The other guy, second-year man John Beck, is unproven and of dubious long-range future. Talk about a depth chart! In the NFL, the depths don't sink much lower in terms of experience or proof at the game's most important position.

http://www.miamiherald.com/614/story/438415.html

That blows my mind. There were some here that said they thought that he'd get another shot but I was thinking "No freakin' way."

Looks like I am wrong.

Again.

Let's think about this..... Does Carr seem like he would be a Bill Parcell's kind of guy???

I think not...
no joke, I mean chris palmer was under Parcels and helped tony romo, and chris palmer is under eli manning.

chris palmer under carr and......

Unless of course you are the Miami Herald:

The Dolphins should sign David Carr. The likelihood is not that Carr will magically become the long-sought answer at the quarterback spot (though I wouldn't rule it out). The point is that if you throw enough question marks into the competition, your odds increase that one of them might miraculously straighten out and become an exclamation point. Put another way, the Dolphins' starting QB, right now, is thoroughly unaccomplished journeyman Cleo Lemon, whose chances of being back with the team are anorexia-slim. The other guy, second-year man John Beck, is unproven and of dubious long-range future. Talk about a depth chart! In the NFL, the depths don't sink much lower in terms of experience or proof at the game's most important position.

http://www.miamiherald.com/614/story/438415.html

That blows my mind. There were some here that said they thought that he'd get another shot but I was thinking "No freakin' way."

Looks like I am wrong.

Again.

He would'nt make past the first preseason game .

It would be pretty sweat to see the Phins pick him up. Assuming they draft a QB with their pick ... Carr gets to mentor the guy. Guaranteeing #1 picks for seasons to come.

Hmm...I don't know. He's always been a Training Camp warrior. He'd probably get all the Phins fans in a happy tizzy during Camp. Once game time, the "stop, drop and roll" will commence. :gun:

I think Parcells is a guy who thinks QBs don't win games they lose them . The first time Carr ran out of bounds behind the LOS to save his passer rating ... would be the last .

I think Parcells is a guy who thinks QBs don't win games they lose them . The first time Carr ran out of bounds behind the LOS to save his passer rating ... would be the last .

Dear Lord, I'd love to see Parcells at camp with Carr. Carr would cry on national TV. That or he would take the title of "she" from Terry Glenn.

There is no way Parcells could last a whole season with Carr as his qb. I think he was have a massive stroke if he had to watch Carr the whole year.

Parcells is a good judge of talent. No way does he see Carr for anything other than what he is right now. I would be shocked if the Dolphins picked him up.

Parcells is a good judge of talent. No way does he see Carr for anything other than what he is right now. I would be shocked if the Dolphins picked him up.

No doubt Parcells is a great talent evaluator, I would be very shocked to see the Dolphins pick up another Lemon.

Between Carr and Tuna working together, who do you think would have a "melt-down" first??????:thinking:

It's really a toss up if you ask me,,,,

Miami columnist begging for Carr.

Carr+Parcells=quivering pile of goo and glove remnants.

Other thoughts on this in part:

Miami Herald Columnist Smitten With Mittens

Yes, my friends, Greg Cote of the Miami Herald has stepped forward and suggested that Mister Mittens might be a worthwhile signing for the Dolphins, which leads me to say this with a straight face: Greg Cote must be high.

Seriously, weren't the Miami Dolphins 1-15 last season? Wouldn't they prefer to have a quarterback who's capable of winning some games? Carr is 22-56 as a starter, he can't read a defense, and he holds onto the ball too long, resulting in extra sacks and fumbles. You can only blame his offensive lines so many times before you realize that maybe, just maybe, linemen can only block for so long every play.

Bill Parcells is smart enough to know these things. He will not sign David Carr, and I'm sure he will join me in encouraging Greg Cote to put down the pipe.

IIRC, and I do, back when there was talk about Carr going to Miami last year, Hulk said that the only way that would happen is that Miami would have to open the pocketbook really wide. What doya think?

IMHO, there are a lot of similarities between David Carr, and Drew Bledsoe.

At this point in time though, DC is a baskett case, and needs a shrink as much as he'll need a QB coach.

If there is any coach out there, that could make David Carr a success, it would be Parcells. That's the way I see it.

Too bad Bill Parcells isn't a coach anymore.

I thought this was entertaining, even though the "Carr" is a little played out.....

THE GRAPEVINE: Might the Ravens seek a new Carr?

You would be hard pressed to find anyone here in The Land of Pleasant Living to argue the point that the Ravens are ok at quarterback. We all know they are not. Steve McNair is like that 1992 Toyota Camry in your uncle’s driveway. Man was it a good and reliable car in its day but even the most precise Precision Tune on the planet can’t get that engine to run on 2 cylinders much less four.

Kyle Boller is like that car you take to the mechanic that won’t reproduce the engine knock that you hear when you are driving around town alone and then as soon as you go on the road out of town, the damn thing breaks down altogether.

Troy Smith is a nice, new compact vehicle that has a little giddy up and does pretty well in tight spaces but when it gets boxed in by a tractor trailer or two, the sight lines aren’t clean and you are forced to take chances while escaping congested areas.

Clearly QB issues remain part of the local landscape…

Remember David “You Can Drive My” Carr? The former No. 1 overall pick in the 2001 draft is now looking for a new home. The Carolina Panthers recently severed ties with Carr and he’s now a free agent. But Ravens fans, before you get yourself all lathered up over the possibilities of a new Carr, keep in mind that this old Carr was behind Vinny Testaverde and Chris Weinke on the Panthers’ depth chart last season. Should the Ravens bring him in, hopefully it will cost them no more than a Rent-a-Wreck.

I think Vinny T is a Ford Model T.;)

Link

I'll throw this in this thread as it is DC related...

so I call the Texans ticket office yesterday as I received a piece of mail saying I was "Past Due" on making my season tickets payments (which I am not...idiots), and I listened to their recording waiting for someone to pick up, and the tape is of Vandemeer with a play by play of DC!

Good Grief...can someone in that office please bring us out of that nightmare and put some Schaub to AJ or Mario returning the fumble for a td, or even AD returning a kick return?

I thought this was entertaining, even though the "Carr" is a little played out.....

I think Vinny T is a Ford Model T.;)

Link

Great just want I need, another reason to stay away from Baltimore. I swear if I run into Mr.Mittens at the grocery store I'm going to throw some tomatoes at him.

Great just want I need, another reason to stay away from Baltimore. I swear if I run into Mr.Mittens at the grocery store I'm going to throw some tomatoes at him.

I heard that Carr was interviewing for the Maitre` de position at Roger Clemens’ Sports Grill…

Back