Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

All Encompassing Carr Thread

:woot2

:wow: :wow: :wow:

:laughjump:

Thanks for that.

Also Delhomme may be out longer than expected...Go the the Carolina board. One poster said "Everything the Houston Fans complained about were absolutely true."

He got sacked 3 times today, threw a INT, and completed about 16 passes out of 40...wow Carr you really reached a new low today.

Just image what would have happened if DC played for the Eagles. The Giants might have had 30 sacks on Sunday night.

Not sure if this was in another thread, we argued this morning, I though CAR got shut out last weekend, I was wrong:
Carr-
19/41, 155 yds, 3.78 yards per attept (classic Carr), 1 TD, 1 INT, 3 sack

TD came with 23 seconds left, TB was up 20-0, garbage TD?

Not sure if this was in another thread, we argued this morning, I though CAR got shut out last weekend, I was wrong:
Carr-
19/41, 155 yds, 3.78 yards per attept (classic Carr), 1 TD, 1 INT, 1 sack

TD came with 23 seconds left, TB was up 20-0, garbage TD?

IIRC, Carr had something like 40 yards passing going into the 4th quarter.

So, most of his yards and his TD came when the game was out of reach.

The commentators made the comment that they were playing him with a cover-2 and he was throwing into the strength of the cover-2 instead of attacking the middle of the field.

Just like he did here.

Ric Ocasek and Paulina Poroskova threw up in their mouth a little, after hearing that...

I thought Carr was sacked 3 times??

Made funny by the fact that I traded Peyton Manning for Steve Smith and Matt Schaub right before Delhomme went down injured. Steve Smith has since been worth a combined 7 points across two weeks while Manning has easily exceeded Schaub.

I am the Charley Casserley of fantasy football.

I guess the sponser ads change, but the one I got was hilarious!

Looking for David Carr? Find him today. Yahoo.com

Right next to an ad saying "Join a flag football team today".

Oh, the irony of it all. :splits:

despite his failings as a passer, you have to admit that hurdle for the first down was pretty cool.

I thought it was very graceful, like a gazelle.

gazelle_run.jpg

Ric Ocasek and Paulina Poroskova threw up in their mouth a little, after hearing that...

I thought Carr was sacked 3 times??

So did Gary Numan. :secret:

That was obviously recorded before the Tampa Bay game, lol.

Made funny by the fact that I traded Peyton Manning for Steve Smith and Matt Schaub right before Delhomme went down injured. Steve Smith has since been worth a combined 7 points across two weeks while Manning has easily exceeded Schaub.

i am actually surprised you didn't trade for Carr and put him in as your starter.

fwiw - you thought Carr was Jesus in cleats and then you trade Peyton. Me thinks you need to take a Football 101 course.

And, that's the truth!:shades:

Looks like Carr is playing again this Sunday against the Aints. Come on, let's see it on Houston TV! :splits:

Link

Posted: 1 hours 59 minutes ago
Carr likely to start; Delhomme still sidelined with elbow injury
Associated Press

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- David Carr appears likely to make his second straight start at quarterback for the Carolina Panthers after Jake Delhomme missed practice again Thursday.

David Carr, QB
Carolina Panthers

Week 4 vs. TB:
COMP/ATT: 19/41
YDS: 155
TDs: 1
INTs: 1

» Profiles: Carr | Delhomme
» Panthers: Stats | official site While coach John Fox would not identify a starter for Sunday's game at New Orleans, Delhomme hasn't thrown a football since straining his right elbow on Sept. 23 against Atlanta.

Carr completed 19 of 41 passes for 155 yards, one touchdown and one interception in Carolina's 20-7 loss to Tampa Bay on Sunday.

Linebackers Dan Morgan and Adam Seward also missed practice on Thursday. Morgan has a partially torn Achilles' tendon, while Seward has missed the past two games with a calf injury.

Running back DeShaun Foster returned to practice on Thursday after missing Wednesday's workout because of a coach's decision.

Found this over on the Panther's MB
Agree. Carr definitely can play a starting role for us as long as needed, and he will get better every week as he gets more familiar with our offense and starters. He may have a breakout game vs. the Saints.

And I thought I was an optimist:doot:

Looks like Carr is playing again this Sunday against the Aints. Come on, let's see it on Houston TV! :splits:

Looks like the Saints will be getting their first win. Just think of the fans before the 06 draft that wanted both David Carr and Reggie Bust on the Texans. LOL, that would have been a circus. Both your QB and RB running around clueless. Boy it could have been REAL bad here.

Looks like the Saints will be getting their first win..

All they have to do is run the cover 2 and blitz a little bit. They'll have David rattled in no time.

Just think of the fans before the 06 draft that wanted both David Carr and Reggie Bust on the Texans. LOL, that would have been a circus. Both your QB and RB running around clueless.

Actually, I bet David would have had an incredible completion percentage and Reggie would have had Larry Centers' like numbers what with all of the checkdown passes to the RB. Of course, we probably would have been something like 4-12 but our two-headed offensive juggernaut would have had great stats!

Just heard about an hour ago on Fox Sports Radio's Chris Myers & Shawn Farnam (sp?) show that the kickers and David Carr were both excused from the Panthers players' only meeting held today. Struggling to find a link if anyone can help...

Looks like the Saints will be getting their first win. Just think of the fans before the 06 draft that wanted both David Carr and Reggie Bust on the Texans. LOL, that would have been a circus. Both your QB and RB running around clueless. Boy it could have been REAL bad here.

Get the Benny Hill theme song ready for the sack/tackle-for-a-loss highlight reel :)

All they have to do is run the cover 2 and blitz a little bit. They'll have David rattled in no time.

Actually, I bet David would have had an incredible completion percentage and Reggie would have had Larry Centers' like numbers what with all of the checkdown passes to the RB. Of course, we probably would have been something like 4-12 but our two-headed offensive juggernaut would have had great stats!

Just heard about an hour ago on Fox Sports Radio's Chris Myers & Shawn Farnam (sp?) show that the kickers and David Carr were both excused from the Panthers players' only meeting held today. Struggling to find a link if anyone can help...

and still, he refuses to be one of the guys...

It was a joke by Mike Florio of PFT.

Panthers G Mike Wahle called a players-only meeting. (They made an exception for David Carr. And the kickers.)

wow, nice touch equating Carr with kickers. that isn't fair.....to the kickers.

its kinda hilarious that it took one game of Carr to bring about the dreaded 'Players Only Meeting'

whatever, kudos to the guy for making a career out of bad football, aww shucks red state charm, and unyielding hair that even Jimmy Johnson would be proud of.

congrats DC. you have had a great career..............for me to p**p on.

What will the Panther faithful say when he-who-shall-remain-un-named stinks it up against the winless Saints?

They will quickly realize that they now have the "worst.oline.evar!" and WRs who couldn't be 4th stringers on any other NFL team. Logic all originating from the it's-never-Carr's-fault mentality.

It was a joke by Mike Florio of PFT.

*update*

Carr did attend the meeting, but chose to sit in the QB Corner and play his Gameboy. When the meeting was adjorned, some players decided to watch game films. Carr was then seen on the highway in a covertable. The top was up to avoid windblown hair.

*update*

Carr did attend the meeting, but chose to sit in the QB Corner and play his Gameboy. When the meeting was adjorned, some players decided to watch game films. Carr was then seen on the highway in a covertable. The top was up to avoid windblown hair.
Hey thats not fair! Carr watches gamefilm at home with his wife and toddlers. They both give him tips on how to avoid the blitz.

What will the Panther faithful say when he-who-shall-remain-un-named stinks it up against the winless Saints?

Well according that their board it includes 1) he is getting used to the new system 2) has to get some games under him 3) receivers drop too many balls 4) O-line.

(Dizzy)...whoa...sorry, I thought I was in 2005 and 2006 again

Hey thats not fair! Carr watches gamefilm at home with his wife and toddlers. They both give him tips on how to avoid the blitz.

Yes, apparently he just pops in the Sonogram DVD to see what position to take when there's a defender 4 yards away from him....

Daddy can't get messy. Daddy stay clean. Daddy wear glovies on his handsies!

Yay, daddy!

I just thought about his wedding ring. He's not wearing it over the gloves to show his love?:pirate:

Looks like our old buddy DC might not start this weekend. Poor baby has a boo boo...if he would quit getting his ass sacked...he probably wouldn't be hurting right now...

"David Carr threw gingerly on the side, but wasn’t ready to practice. Vinny Testaverde scrambled to learn the playbook and get his 43-year-old body ready. Rookie Matt Moore just tried to keep up.

Thursday produced few answers for the Carolina Panthers as they try to figure out who will start at quarterback Sunday against Arizona.

Carr, listed as No. 1 with Jake Delhomme set to undergo season-ending elbow surgery, missed practice for a second straight day with a sore back."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21220439/

meh, the guy is injured or he would be out there. he got rolled by a couple Saints and I am sure its pretty bad or he would be out there. if he is jaking it and not playing hurt well then, that is a problem. I think he is injured and that he can't make the throws. I don't think he would quit this early and I can't stand the guy, to be frank.

Too bad its not a foot problem. Maybe if he had a foot problem it would help him drop back at a more appropriate pace. He likes runs back to a predetermined spot, stares down one guy, and then javelin tosses it to him from behind his ear. hard to watch but like a trainwreck, you just can't turn away. I hope the guy is alright though, I may occasionally hope a player gets hurt but never injured. Nothing wrong with a big stick but I don't want to see anyones leg emulate Theismann's leg being broke by LT on MNF. Too brutal.

Back