Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

All encompassing Bill O'Brien thread

Really it is the O.L. that should be better protecting the QB. And letting the RB run. Really F.G.'s all the time not good enough.

It's just inexcusable to not at least give Savage a shot. I haven't been even remotely in favor of firing OB until this point. But one more piss poor week by Osweiler with zero consequences, and I'm done with OB.

Porky had a perfect phrase: it's become political. This isn't about sports. It's not about winning. It isn't about ticket sales. It's about one thing: ego.

Maybe Texian is right with his conspiracy on McNair. Maybe he really is extremely involved, has Rick setup as nothing more than a figurehead to do his bidding, and OB just shuts his mouth and plays who he is told to play.

Why should we continue to support, financially and emotionally, a franchise like this?

We all feel you brother.....
The truth is we support this team because we have ties to it.
I know I continued to follow the Oilers in Tennessee until I finally got sick of Bud Adams spitting in our face even years after being gone.
Now I enjoy watching them lose and I even feel kind of happy in my heart imagining him burning in Hell. ( I know that's ugly and I'm sorry ).

But ultimately we DO have ties to this dysfunctional Texan team.
As fans, we have to demand from the OWNER to continue the search for a decent QB. Don't allow the man to say Brock is learning on the fly. There are rookies straight
out of college performing better.
I'm sorry your investment didn't work out Mr. McNair. I'm sorry you got poor advice, BUT we are the 4th largest City
in the US. As the owner, you should have enough pride to not ACCEPT being continually laughed at in the National media as a joke team that can't compete.

As a retired, pot smoking cranky bitchy old man, I don't really need the soap because that might make me presentable if I bathed more than once a month. So I'll just take the soap for display purposes if you don't mind.

what's the over/under on the number of times OB will say "we've got to play better and coach better" during the post game show?

The fact that nothing was done to address an obvious lack of talent on the o-line is enough to get rid of OB before even considering anything else.

Got to admit though, I've never really warmed up to OB like I did with Kubiak.
You have something against the double chin?
:brando:

Are we done yet? Is there anyone left who hasn't figured out that O'Brien has no business being a head coach? Is there anyone left that doesn't know that O'Brien is one of very few New England coaches without a Superbowl ring? Is there anyone left that hasn't figured out that he doesn't have the experience or ability to create and control an offense? Are we done with this stupidity yet?

Last edited:
I have had the Fire O'Brien soap since the Hoyer debacle in 2015. Welcome to the club. He is the biggest fraud in the NFL. He had an unearned reputation as a supposed QB guru for working with Tom Brady the greatest QB of all time who doesn't need anything from BOB to be great.

In reality, BOB is a QB DESTROYER not a guru. He switches QBs like a kid playing Madden. His offense is pathetic and his playcalling is a joke. I'm hoping for a 3 win season and a midseason firing. We would be looking forward to high draft picks. Oh that's right, Rick Smith, the worst GM in the league traded them. **** this team

Are we done yet? Is there anyone left who hasn't figured out that O'Brien has no business being a head coach? I there anyone left that doesn't know that O'Brien is one of very few New England coaches without a Superbowl ring? Is there anyone left that hasn't figured out that he doesn't have the experience or ability to create and control an offense? Are we done with this stupidity yet?

Apparently not.

I have had the Fire O'Brien soap since the Hoyer debacle in 2015. Welcome to the club. He is the biggest fraud in the NFL. He had an unearned reputation as a supposed QB guru for working with Tom Brady the greatest QB of all time who doesn't need anything from BOB to be great.

In reality, BOB is a QB DESTROYER not a guru. He switches QBs like a kid playing Madden. His offense is pathetic and his playcalling is a joke. I'm hoping for a 3 win season and a midseason firing. We would be looking forward to high draft picks. Oh that's right, Rick Smith, the worst GM in the league traded them. **** this team

He never won the OC job in New England.

It was just interim and that's why he left to college.

Why get rid of OB? He is an known as an offensive genius. The talking heads say he is really great to have those 9-7 seasons. He must be a genius, look at our point totals over the past 4 years.

Afraid that soap ain't gonna cut it. Gonna take an industrial strength sandblaster to clean up this sinking ship.
1000w_q95.jpg

What's the possibility of Jim Harbough being the next HC of the Texans?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

About the same as you winning the Lotto and the Powerball three draws running

They believe once he gets it, he's going to take this team far. They saw something in him to give him $37M. They believe in him.

They don't believe in Tom Savage, or Brandon Weeden. If they did, they wouldn't have signed Brock for $37M guaranteed. & that's all there is to it. They believe in Brock. They don't believe in Savage.

LOL, this is currently my favorite post of the thread. We are all fans of a team that displays that level of ineptitude at every level.

Oh man this team that BOB has put together looks very bad. The O-line is a wreck, the WR core is a mess and the play calling is atrocious and unimaginative.

Oh well............ might be a very long season.

Bill cannot adjust to anything even when a running QB is now in the game. He did not adjust and threw the same plays he called for Savage. BOB does not have it. 3 years of atrocious offense and he still given a pass.

Last edited:

He's not the worst gm in the league but I agree with your other points

The fact that nothing was done to address an obvious lack of talent on the o-line is enough to get rid of OB before even considering anything else.

Got to admit though, I've never really warmed up to OB like I did with Kubiak.

Heck, where's RS in this exit? Him and O'Brien better be sharing a hand-cart as they get their boxes out of the building!!!

If the Texans refuse to re-do Duane Brown's contract because of some arbitrary "we don't re-do contracts after two years" 'rule', that says they put pride above improving the team. Anyone, from McNair on down, responsible for that 'rule' should be given an apple and a road map and shown the door.

Oh, and that 'rule' is a lie because they did it for JJ Watt and I think for Andre Johnson.

If the Texans refuse to re-do Duane Brown's contract because of some arbitrary "we don't re-do contracts after two years" 'rule', that says they put pride above improving the team. Anyone, from McNair on down, responsible for that 'rule' should be given an apple and a road map and shown the door.

Oh, and that 'rule' is a lie because they did it for JJ Watt and I think for Andre Johnson.

The Texans don't seem to value offensive line players for some reason. If they did, we wouldn't have the mess we have right now.

But but J J Watt is a one-generation player and A J had 5 years left on his contract, not 2 - and he only held out of OTA.

:kitten::ahhaha:

I don't see the point in morgaging future cap space for a player at the end of his career. I think what we need to do now is improve the offence looking forward.
If we were in win-now mode I would just throw money at him, but with our current situation we are looking at at least 2 years with no chance of being really competitive. We should start investing in young guys and draft picks rather than expensive veterans

That's what I think, could be completely wrong

16 drafts, one offensive lineman taken in the 1st round. Goes by the name of Duane Brown.
And I had pointed out a few times to look at the Patriots.
They spent a lot of resources on the Offensive line over the years, whether in the draft or in FA... Even as they have Brady at the helm.

I don't see the point in morgaging future cap space for a player at the end of his career. I think what we need to do now is improve the offence looking forward.
If we were in win-now mode I would just throw money at him, but with our current situation we are looking at at least 2 years with no chance of being really competitive. We should start investing in young guys and draft picks rather than expensive veterans

That's what I think, could be completely wrong

It could be longer than that considering the lack of draft picks. Its really hard to expect them to fill one of the many holes when their first pick will be the 3rd round.

Cleveland expedited their rebuild process .... at our expense.

Back