Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

After year 1, grade 2022 draft

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Man you're a hard grader. I didn't like the Stingley pick either.

Best rookie RB
All rookie S
LB that played well after returning from injury.
A useful TE late in the draft.

Green/Metchie get INC's from me because of injury/Illness. Stingley is another story, he should've never been picked because his injury history was out there for all to see before the draft.
Blowing the 1.3 pick AND passing on Sauce Gardner really drives down the grade for me. Pick just about any other top 10 graded player at 1.3 and this would be a B+ or an A- draft grade after 1 year.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
NFL G Position Grades | PFF
NFL HB Position Grades | PFF
NFL TE Position Grades | PFF
NFL CB Position Grades | PFF
NFL S Position Grades | PFF
NFL LB Position Grades | PFF
NFL LB Position Grades | PFF 2022 draft
NFL S Position Grades | PFF 2022 draft
NFL CB Position Grades | PFF 2022 draft
NFL TE Position Grades | PFF 2022 draft
NFL HB Position Grades | PFF 2022 draft
NFL G Position Grades | PFF 2022 draft

Yeah, it's PFF and I can't make sense of all of their metrics but their grades are what they are. You can see how the Texans' 2022 draft class stacks up against the NFL and their own draft class. It isn't pretty.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
NFL G Position Grades | PFF
NFL HB Position Grades | PFF
NFL TE Position Grades | PFF
NFL CB Position Grades | PFF
NFL S Position Grades | PFF
2022 draft
NFL S Position Grades | PFF 2022 draft
NFL CB Position Grades | PFF 2022 draft
NFL TE Position Grades | PFF 2022 draft
NFL HB Position Grades | PFF 2022 draft
NFL G Position Grades | PFF 2022 draft

Yeah, it's PFF and I can't make sense of all of their metrics but their grades are what they are. You can see how the Texans' 2022 draft class stacks up against the NFL and their own draft class. It isn't pretty.
All I had to do was look at the Rb's to continue to take PFF with a grain of salt.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
The professionals pay attention to them. Must be something there.
They're part of the equation. You and I could do what they do if we had the time.

I'm not a big fan, but I do read some of their stuff.

They're no Joel Bushbaum. Brugler and Chad Forbes are at the too of their field. IMHO

Khelar

Rookie
I’ll give it a swing

To start off I think the Texans rookie class has it a bit tougher than most. Rookies are forced into starting positions immediately where on other teams they might be given some time to be a backup and learn. For instance Kyle Hamilton the Ravens first round pick was a rotational player until late in the year. I also think the coaching staff did them no favors developmentally here and the fact that there was very little talent outside the rookie class to help them probably did hurt.

1. Stingley- C. His actual play on the field for me was a B. Showed flashes when he was allowed to play man. But with injuries being a concern out of college and him getting injured this year that bumps it down for me.

Green- Gotta be a D. Bad showing his rookie year but it should be remembered that he missed the offseason with an offseason injury and had Warhop as an oline coach and was playing next to a turnstile at center. Hopefully a full healthy offseason, a new coach, and a better center will help but for now gotta be a D.

Pitre- My favorite pick gotta be an A. If he can fix tackling woes this offseason he’ll be a perennial pro bowler here.

Harris- C+. On this I really wanted to go B- but I think for the moment C+ is fair. I think Harris can be a good player. Another guy who suffered offseason injuries. Had some rough games when he got healthy but also showed some flashes. This is where you see the effect of rookies having to be starters here. Harris should have been a rotational player last year and I think it showed. Hopefully DeMeco can help him take the next step and be a quality piece.

Pierce- A-. Not much to say here, looks like an excellent piece moving forward can’t wait to see what he can do if we can get the pass game going and lighten up those boxes.

Teagan Quitoriano- B, Didn’t play a ton as you expect from a 5th round rookie TE but did some good things in the red zone, solid piece who may be able to become a consistent red zone target in the future. Blocking wasn’t terrible but needs improvement.

Dont really have anything to say about Deculus or Booker at this point so I’ll leave them off.

Overall looks like a C+ to me. Pierce and Pitre really save this draft but right now the uncertainty around Green and Stingley really hurts the grade. This draft could easily get into the B+ or A- territory but that’s if Harris and Green can develop and that’s if Stingley can stay health, some big if’s there for sure. However if Stingley continues to be an IR warrior and Green doesn’t develop this could also fall down to D territory. All gonna depend on how those two first rounder’s careers progress.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
The professionals pay attention to them. Must be something there.
Standards are used all the time to establish a common point of reference. It doesn't mean a ruler graded in centimeters is better than a ruler graded in inches.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Standards are used all the time to establish a common point of reference. It doesn't mean a ruler graded in centimeters is better than a ruler graded in inches.
No, but it does mean that they are compared. I never said one was better than the other.