Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

AFC South

texanhead08

All Pro
Menshew also played for a coach with an offensive system that drills getting rid of the ball and not holding it. I think that is why he has had early success because he was drilled to have that clock in his head to get rid of the ball and not hold it and create problems for himself and his pass protection.

Watson was always one of the best athletes on the field and could scramble out of trouble and make big plays so he still thinks he can do it and he holds the ball and takes unnecessary hits as a result. If he doesn't start getting rid of it sooner he is destined to be injured and the last thing I want is this season to go off the rails and BOB has an excuse to not get fired again.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
I said it two years ago.. WTF happened to the RPO? Watson looked his best as a untouched rookie who Bill O'Brien didn't even prepare to start..just threw him in there.

The longer this no talent non QB guru cancer has "instructed" our QB.. the worse his game looks. Watson is a Peacock and you have to let him fly.. Harbaugh and Ried sure are coaching to their QBs strengths.. O'Brien gets credit for being Tom Brady's QB coach.. had to be the easiest damn job in the world. His offense Fing sucks.. No wonder why Brady would go off on him.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
Menshew also played for a coach with an offensive system that drills getting rid of the ball and not holding it. I think that is why he has had early success because he was drilled to have that clock in his head to get rid of the ball and not hold it and create problems for himself and his pass protection.

Watson was always one of the best athletes on the field and could scramble out of trouble and make big plays so he still thinks he can do it and he holds the ball and takes unnecessary hits as a result. If he doesn't start getting rid of it sooner he is destined to be injured and the last thing I want is this season to go off the rails and BOB has an excuse to not get fired again.
Minshew also holds on to the ball alot.. He's been sacked 10 times with less workload.. Jag fans have complained about it. I am a regular over there. Bill O'Brien's playcalling doesn't help matters.. Again, not scheming to his player's strengths.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Thanks! I don't have access to those stats when doing research
????

Are you not on the internet to post here? Anybody with internet access has access to those stats.

And even if you didn’t have access, you’re still going to come to whatever conclusions you do with no evidence to back it?? Come on, man!

That’s part of what’s wrong with this whacked out world. People making their minds up without bothering to get facts.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
????

Are you not on the internet to post here? Anybody with internet access has access to those stats.

And even if you didn’t have access, you’re still going to come to whatever conclusions you do with no evidence to back it?? Come on, man!

That’s part of what’s wrong with this whacked out world. People making their minds up without bothering to get facts.
ok, I don't know how to access those stats without paying for them. Satisfied?

I checked the stats I knew how to. Not everyone is as smart as you...

bleep bleep bleep

Perhaps I should bleep drink some bleep more

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
ok, I don't know how to access those stats without paying for them. Satisfied?

I checked the stats I knew how to. Not everyone is as smart as you...

bleep bleep bleep

Perhaps I should bleep drink some bleep more
I understand with the pay sites. As far as I know though, that particular site is free.

Still, if you’re not sure of something and can’t get access to the info, then why throw something out there presuming it’s fact?

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
I understand with the pay sites. As far as I know though, that particular site is free.

Still, if you’re not sure of something and can’t get access to the info, then why throw something out there presuming it’s fact?
I thought the facts I checked were accurate. I asked a simple question ? I didn't throw out facts. Thelink I followed wanted money, and I ain't paying for that ****

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Prior to the Steelers game the Texans were averaging 4.3 per that's now dropped to 3.7 after.

That Steelers defense is pretty solid.
Texans used to be able to do this and was also one of the best.....till the football architect known as O'Brien got his hands on the reins. How do you like our defense now?

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
The front seven units might be the strength of this division. Unlike this article I put the Texans last but that’s not saying they have a bad front seven. They just lack the difference makers that the other teams currently have… In terms of depth and scheme I think the Texans front seven will get the job done. But I don’t think they have that stud you can consistently count on to take over games like each of the other teams have (Colts have Leonard and Buckner, Titans have Landry and Simmons, Jags have Josh Allen and two shiny first round rookies). I hope Greenard stays healthy and learns from the vet additions then becomes that player this season.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Doesn't move the needle for me. The Colts may win the division and lose in the 1st round. Big whoops.
I think they have a better chance with him than old man Rivers or Carson Wentz.
Their Oline and their D might have taken a step backward though.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
I think they have a better chance with him than old man Rivers or Carson Wentz.
Their Oline and their D might have taken a step backward though.
I think their chances are identical. They made the playoffs in 2020 and should have made them in 2021. Of course, they were going nowhere had they made the playoffs, so does it really matter. The Colts are in the same spot the Texans were in 2014 - 2016.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
I think their chances are identical. They made the playoffs in 2020 and should have made them in 2021. Of course, they were going nowhere had they made the playoffs, so does it really matter. The Colts are in the same spot the Texans were in 2014 - 2016.
And didn’t their star defensive player Darius Leonard just get the same back surgery JJ Watt had @CloakNNNdagger ? Very similar teams.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
True, but there's a possibility that their "young" O-line gets better comes playoffs time.
Same goes with their D, even without Leonard.
All they need is for their team to stay relatively healthy (their depth is adequate) and that the one team they'll face is on the opposite end (think the Chiefs O-line, the year before last?)