- Texans

4-1 is possible, but I think they’ll be 3-2

Texans
- Chiefs
- Ravens
- Steelers
- Vikings
- Jaguars

3-2 is the best I can see. & I’m hoping is the case.

With half their division games out of the way, I think the Jags would be in the best position, even at 2-3.

Luckily we all play the Ravens & the Steelers, but the Texans remaining schedule is brutal.
No team in this division will win 11 games. Only one is going to win 10.

covid, politics, whatever. This is going to be a competitive season for the AFC South.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Texans 2-3, wins against Steelers and Jags
How would that sit with you?

personally I would be a bit disappointed.

at 2-3 after 5,i would need them to win 5 of the next 7. 7-5 going into December for any chance to win the division.

can’t speak to the wild card. New format & all. But I’m one of those who only cares about getting to the post season.

The post season is all that really matters. Get to the play offs & make some noise.

How would that sit with you?

personally I would be a bit disappointed.

at 2-3 after 5,i would need them to win 5 of the next 7. 7-5 going into December for any chance to win the division.

can’t speak to the wild card. New format & all. But I’m one of those who only cares about getting to the post season.

The post season is all that really matters. Get to the play offs & make some noise.
2-3 (the floor) wouldn't bother me much at the beginning. I feel good about the offense carrying the team once they get in sync which I hope is no later than week 4 or 5. I also could see them winning 10 games if everyone stays healthy. Like you I believe in getting to the post season (again the floor) at all costs, anything else is an utter failure.

theCATALYST

Football Messiah
Titans
- Broncos - W
- Jaguars - W
- Vikings - L
- Steelers - W
- Bills - L

3-2

Colts
- Jaguars - W
- Vikings - L
- Jets - W
- Bears - W
- Browns - W

4-1

Jaguars
- Colts - L
- Titans - L
- Dolphins - L
- Bengals - L
- Texans - L

0-5

Texans
- Chiefs - W
- Ravens - L
- Steelers - W
- Vikings - L
- Jaguars - W

3-2

After 5 games, the AFCS is as follows;
Colts - 4/1
Texans - 3/2
Titans - 3/2
Jaguars - 0/5

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
I'm saying 1-4 is possible. But I think they'll be 0-5.

This team is in the catbird's seat in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.
Would be the best situation in this franchises history....if Watson has having a solid season.

1. #1 pick.
2. Probably means OB is out.
3. Texans would have no need for Lawrence which means for he first time in their history, the #1 pick would be an absolute.
4. Texans could start entertaining trade offers at seasons end and the haul....the haul should be massive.
5. New GM and HC could build and rebuild this team in 2021 & 2022.

I could handle a 0-16 if these events could happen. Oh, and I would never draft Lawrence while in possession of a successful Watson. Lawrence brings a far bigger return than Watson b/c of his minimum 5 year team rights.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Would be the best situation in this franchises history....if Watson has having a solid season.

1. #1 pick.
2. Probably means OB is out.
3. Texans would have no need for Lawrence which means for he first time in their history, the #1 pick would be an absolute.
4. Texans could start entertaining trade offers at seasons end and the haul....the haul should be massive.
5. New GM and HC could build and rebuild this team in 2021 & 2022.

I could handle a 0-16 if these events could happen. Oh, and I would never draft Lawrence while in possession of a successful Watson. Lawrence brings a far bigger return than Watson b/c of his minimum 5 year team rights.
:confused:

Lucky was saying the Jaguars would start 0-5, not the Texans

banned1976

sleeper mode
I'm hopeful about the Ravens game, while giving us virtually no chance vs KC in the season opener.
So we do play Baltimore in our home opener and maybe the Ravens will be looking ahead to the following week when they play the Chiefs which could divert their attention ?
Harbaugh’s a good coach. He’s going to have his team focused on the team in front of them. The Texans aren’t sneaking up on anyone.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I'm hopeful about the Ravens game, while giving us virtually no chance vs KC in the season opener.
So we do play Baltimore in our home opener and maybe the Ravens will be looking ahead to the following week when they play the Chiefs which could divert their attention ?
If we catch both Chiefs and Ravens just right and go 2-0 team enthusiasm and fans should be in orbit.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Harbaugh’s a good coach. He’s going to have his team focused on the team in front of them. The Texans aren’t sneaking up on anyone.
True but we can beat them. Watson and Oline should be better. Fuller and Still and Watson should be locked in. Cooks responds well to QB where ever he plays. He could have career best season. Cobb is gonna be Cobb. Fells is money and Akins might surprise teams this year. I'm more concerned with Defense.

Titans
- Broncos
- Jaguars
- Vikings
- Steelers
- Bills

3-2 at best. But I think they’re going to be 2-3

Colts
- Jaguars
- Vikings
- Jets
- Bears
- Browns

5-0 very possible. I’m hoping for 3-2

Jaguars
- Colts
- Titans
- Dolphins
- Bengals
- Texans

4-1 is possible, but I think they’ll be 3-2

Texans
- Chiefs
- Ravens
- Steelers
- Vikings
- Jaguars

3-2 is the best I can see. & I’m hoping is the case.

With half their division games out of the way, I think the Jags would be in the best position, even at 2-3.

Luckily we all play the Ravens & the Steelers, but the Texans remaining schedule is brutal.
No team in this division will win 11 games. Only one is going to win 10.

covid, politics, whatever. This is going to be a competitive season for the AFC South.
The Jags 4-1? LOL. Don't need to read anything else you type.

banned1976

sleeper mode
If we catch both Chiefs and Ravens just right and go 2-0 team enthusiasm and fans should be in orbit.
Instead the Texans are catching them at the very beginning of the season, when they’ll be the healthiest they’ll be all season. O’Brien is just going to have to outcoach Reed and Harbaugh. No problem, right? He did such a bang-up job of it at the end of last season.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Instead the Texans are catching them at the very beginning of the season, when they’ll be the healthiest they’ll be all season. O’Brien is just going to have to outcoach Reed and Harbaugh. No problem, right? He did such a bang-up job of it at the end of last season.
It's been noted that Kansas City is having problems with their offensive line. Also most teams will have a problem first game compared to later in the season. I think an example of this is what happened in 2019.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
They definitely weren't looking ahead to the AFC Champ game and KC this past January..

They were definitely laser focused on the lil' ol' 9-7 Titans..

Tennessee definitely didn't sneak up on 'em..

Harbaugh is a very good coach, but it can happen to anyone.

banned1976

sleeper mode
They definitely weren't looking ahead to the AFC Champ game and KC this past January..

They were definitely laser focused on the lil' ol' 9-7 Titans..

Tennessee definitely didn't sneak up on 'em..

Harbaugh is a very good coach, but it can happen to anyone.
I guess we’ll find out in 13 days if Baltimore learned their lesson or not. Or maybe they just ran into a tough matchup against a determined and a very well coached team. That can happen too.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
True but we can beat them. Watson and Oline should be better. Fuller and Still and Watson should be locked in. Cooks responds well to QB where ever he plays. He could have career best season. Cobb is gonna be Cobb. Fells is money and Akins might surprise teams this year. I'm more concerned with Defense.

In the playoff game OB said something to the effect of needing 50 to beat the Chiefs .... That figure may have increased significantly cause this defense has holes everywhere.

I'm not real concerned with the offense , they'll put up enough points most weeks to win with an average defense .... the question is how far below average is this one ?!

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
You can’t go wrong with the “blame it on the French” strategy. Time tested.
It's twoo.....it's twoooo! LOL. DLI in Monterey describes the course as 4 years in 6 months. Never quite wrapped my mind around this logic. Helping my wife with this endevour as much as my dumbarse could possibly help.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Texans 1-4 by beating the Jags.

I just don't see this defense putting up much of a fight, especially against elite dual-threat QBs or any QB that can consistently find all the holes they are going to provide.

We're seeing the same thing ....

The defense looks like swiss cheese and they'll need a juggernaut of an offense to make up for that , this offense isn't a juggernaut - its top third probably .... but I think they'll need a historic output to overcome the defense.

Texansballer74

The Marine
We're seeing the same thing ....

The defense looks like swiss cheese and they'll need a juggernaut of an offense to make up for that , this offense isn't a juggernaut - its top third probably .... but I think they'll need a historic output to overcome the defense.
I actually see the same thing but like every year I’m very optimistic in the beginning. So hopefully we could be at 3-2 during that stretch of the season. If so that’s a major plus for our Texans.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Jags 0-5
Everyone else 2-3
Typical beginning for the AFC South.

I really believe that the Jaguars will finish 0-16.
I think Jags paid attention to Washington whatever's and Miami losing pre and in season predictions that one or other would pick first in 2020 draft. Bengals beat only Browns and Jets! Jags had very good draft this year and will have ammo for a better one with Trevor coming aboard. Coach Marone and GM David Caldwell should then be fired. If I have to go to another team in future, Jacksonville could be interesting to follow. Hope I don't have to.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
I actually see the same thing but like every year I’m very optimistic in the beginning. So hopefully we could be at 3-2 during that stretch of the season. If so that’s a major plus for our Texans.
I don't think there's much question if they beat Jax or not ....

Pittsburgh is a tough place to win , this is a 50/50 game IMO.

They get Minny at home - That's a real solid team on both sides of the ball and they have the ability to put up a lot of points .... Watson and Co might have to score every time they touch the ball to win this game.

KC has the better QB , TE , WR's , RB , OL , defense , schemes & coach. Unless Mahomes & Kelse come down with the Rona .... they're getting smoked like a cheap cigar.

Baltimore - they get embarrassed at home - repeat of last year in Baltimore. Get punched in the mouth and don't respond.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I'm saying 1-4 is possible. But I think they'll be 0-5.

This team is in the catbird's seat in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.
I don't believe in tanking. I don't believe professional teams work that way. I've got to see it to believe it. It took me 17 weeks to admit the Colts sucked for Luck.

However, if they're 1-4 I'll accept it.

May have to change my whole approach to life.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
I don't believe in tanking. I don't believe professional teams work that way. I've got to see it to believe it. It took me 17 weeks to admit the Colts sucked for Luck.

You can’t get players to tank. I don’t think you can get a coach to tank. But a front office can trade away the best players, not replace them, and leave the team unable to compete.

That’s what’s happening in Jacksonville.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
You can’t get players to tank. I don’t think you can get a coach to tank. But a front office can trade away the best players, not replace them, and leave the team unable to compete.

Does anyone believe a team running Gardner Minshew out there at QB is serious about winning ?!

They are gonna look like the 2013 Texans ... minus winning the first two games.

Or that owner is tanking for another reason...oh let's say to show financial losses in Jacksonville to finagle his way into overseas expansion for the NFL. Especially where his other team (Fulham F.C.) resides. :thinking:

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller

It matters what talent is on the field. Yeah, those guys that are on the field are playing to win, but if the talent level is AAA, they’re not going to too often.

The players themselves aren’t necessarily tanking, but the organization is with the talent they put out there.

Texansballer74

The Marine

The San Antonio Spurs tanked to get Tim Duncan. So you can best believe these teams will tank every so often. Especially for a potential stud that can change the fate of their franchise.

Last edited: