Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

A backup or replacement for Will Fuller?

I `think what he was saying was he wanted the $$$$ in his current contract to be guaranteed. Or maybe get a new deal done with his new team with the new contract being guaranteed. Of course I could be wrong. Bottom line is AB's not worth the trouble even though I consider him to be the top WR in the NFL. Above Julio/Nuk.

I'm sure AB does, I would think all players want any future money guaranteed. He just has no leverage to make that happen, and no power to even negotiate it since he and his agent have not been given permission to talk to teams. If anything he just tanked his value even further, because now teams not only have to worry about the possibility of him creating problems within the locker room, but that he will also hold out and not play until you guarantee him his contract.

Also weren't you just arguing with me last week that his talent supersedes any perceived trouble he might bring?

I'm sure AB does, I would think all players want any future money guaranteed. He just has no leverage to make that happen, and no power to even negotiate it since he and his agent have not been given permission to talk to teams. If anything he just tanked his value even further, because now teams not only have to worry about the possibility of him creating problems within the locker room, but that he will also hold out and not play until you guarantee him his contract.

Also weren't you just arguing with me last week that his talent supersedes any perceived trouble he might bring?

He didn't tank his value. He tanked the Steelers ability to get top value for him. His value stays the same with the team that trades for him.

It should in most cases. However guaranteeing that much $$$$ to a 31 yr old WR (If he wants a new fully guaranteed contract) is a risk that I wouldn't take. Love the player, dont care about the good teammate crap, wouldn't do the contract if fully guaranteed.

He didn't tank his value. He tanked the Steelers ability to get top value for him. His value stays the same with the team that trades for him.

It should in most cases. However guaranteeing that much $$$$ to a 31 yr old WR (If he wants a new fully guaranteed contract) is a risk that I wouldn't take. Love the player, dont care about the good teammate crap, wouldn't do the contract if fully guaranteed.

I guess I should have said trade value

Antonio Brown is an insane person at this point. I'll take an insane DE, I'll take an insane LB, I'll take an insane DB. I don't particularly want an insane WR at a position where I already have an all everything stud and a young QB that he can likely be an insane pain in the ass toward. As incredible as his talent is I'd put him in a straight jacket before I put him in a texans uniform on this offense.

Antonio Brown is an insane person at this point. I'll take an insane DE, I'll take an insane LB, I'll take an insane DB. I don't particularly want an insane WR at a position where I already have an all everything stud and a young QB that he can likely be an insane pain in the ass toward. As incredible as his talent is I'd put him in a straight jacket before I put him in a texans uniform on this offense.

That sounds more like Beckum to me. He's straight up stray jacket mental.

AB is a more of a selfish prick at this point of his career. No different than a lot of the other diva WR's that got way out of hand before him. I agree with your post though. I don't see that he'd make sense here when we already have Hop and a huge salary at WR for one guy.

It's a shame at what AB has become too, because skill wise I think he's 2nd only to Jerry Rice. There is not a thing that man can't do as a receiver.

Just read an article on ESPN and they predicted the Steelers would not use a tag on Bell. It'd be nice if that turns out to be the case.
Spotrac‏Verified account@spotrac 11m11 minutes ago
What a 3 year, $48M contract for #Steelers free agent RB Le’Veon Bell might look like, including $23M in 2019, $33M fully guaranteed, & another $15M available in March of 2021.

Dz4kkcDXQAU9Geq.jpg

the rumor is a transition tag, not franchise tag. So he will still get to test the market and ink a deal he wants, but it gives the Steelers a chance to match or at the very least recoup a draft pick for him. But does the player have to sign a transition tag for it to take place? You would think that would hurt Bell's value as a team might not pay him as much as they potentially would if they have to send a pick with him as well.
The Steeler's GM has announced that they will not tag Bell at any level.

That sounds more like Beckum to me. He's straight up stray jacket mental.

AB is a more of a selfish prick at this point of his career. No different than a lot of the other diva WR's that got way out of hand before him. I agree with your post though. I don't see that he'd make sense here when we already have Hop and a huge salary at WR for one guy.

It's a shame at what AB has become too, because skill wise I think he's 2nd only to Jerry Rice. There is not a thing that man can't do as a receiver.
Except run the correct route for the play that was called. I don't want him on the Texans, but it could be spectacular what AB and DW4 could accomplish on all of the broken plays the Texans have.

Except run the correct route for the play that was called. I don't want him on the Texans, but it could be spectacular what AB and DW4 could accomplish on all of the broken plays the Texans have.

He can't run the correct route?

Nope. Poor route running has always been a weakness and it's part of why Big Ben is not happy with him.

AB can run any route that exists.

I'm pretty sure that Ben likes his routes just fine considering how well he gets open and how much he helps Ben. AB's issues are his ego and his selfishness. Typical Diva receiver now. Jackass/team cancer/ Selfish

Nothing we haven't seen a ton of other times. One of the reasons why its so nice to have and appreciate guys like Nuk and Andre so much. Not many organizations get back to back all time great receivers that aren't Divas at all. That's rare.

AB can run any route that exists.

I'm pretty sure that Ben likes his routes just fine considering how well he gets open and how much he helps Ben. AB's issues are his ego and his selfishness. Typical Diva receiver now. Jackass/team cancer/ Selfish

Nothing we haven't seen a ton of other times. One of the reasons why its so nice to have and appreciate guys like Nuk and Andre so much. Not many organizations get back to back all time great receivers that aren't Divas at all. That's rare.
Being able to run any route and running the correct route on a particular play call are two different animals. I can run any route on the route tree. Big Ben specifically called AB out on his route running.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...gers-criticism-of-route-running-isnt-personal

Reactions: JB
Being able to run any route and running the correct route on a particular play call are two different animals. I can run any route on the route tree. Big Ben specifically called AB out on his route running.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...gers-criticism-of-route-running-isnt-personal

That's one very specific instance where diva AB has shown up...Antonio Brown is considered one of the best (if not the best) route-runners of this generation...he is a lot of things, but not that

Brown is a generational talent, but he's also a locker room cancer just like his mentor.

He's thrown public temper tantrums while being one of the most targeted WR's in the league. It would take all of 2 weeks for him to demand a trade after being out-touched by Hopkins.

wait who was AB's mentor?

Well the Steeler's GM just referred to the other 52 players on the team as Ben's children.... and their in lies what I think the major problem is. Ben and the organization thinks he is above everyone else on the team

Well the Steeler's GM just referred to the other 52 players on the team as Ben's children.... and their in lies what I think the major problem is. Ben and the organization thinks he is above everyone else on the team

He is. Anyone who thinks the Steelers are going anywhere without Big Ben are delusional. Both Bell and Brown are replaceable.

That's one very specific instance where diva AB has shown up...Antonio Brown is considered one of the best (if not the best) route-runners of this generation...he is a lot of things, but not that
I've not heard that from anyone who follows the Steelers and I live 2.5 hours from Pittsburgh. Pat Kirwin and Jim Miller were talking about it on their show on Sirius/XM, as were several other hosts on that channel.

I've not heard that from anyone who follows the Steelers and I live 2.5 hours from Pittsburgh. Pat Kirwin and Jim Miller were talking about it on their show on Sirius/XM, as were several other hosts on that channel.

The article you posted talked about a very specific instance where Brown did not flaten out enough...Honestly, i thought that Antonio Brown as a pure route runner was widely known through the NFL circles.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-wr-prototypes-for-2018

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...onio-brown-leads-top10-no-1-wrs-in-separation

From 2015 even:
https://www.stack.com/a/antonio-bro...-in-the-nfl-heres-what-you-can-learn-from-him

The article you posted talked about a very specific instance where Brown did not flaten out enough...Honestly, i thought that Antonio Brown as a pure route runner was widely known through the NFL circles.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-wr-prototypes-for-2018

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...onio-brown-leads-top10-no-1-wrs-in-separation

From 2015 even:
https://www.stack.com/a/antonio-bro...-in-the-nfl-heres-what-you-can-learn-from-him

Brown has always been considered a fantastic route runner by all I've seen and heard.

Call him what you like (not you a.t.) because he is a diva, but the man works at his craft.

He's the franchise QB. That's how it goes. You always hitch your wagon to the elite QB. I do agree his phrasing was awful though.

However, I don't think the organization is the problem. Tomlin is a good coach, but he has allowed that locker room to run amuck for years. It's starting to catch up with them.

He's the franchise QB. That's how it goes. You always hitch your wagon to the elite QB. I do agree his phrasing was awful though.

However, I don't think the organization is the problem. Tomlin is a good coach, but he has allowed that locker room to run amuck for years. It's starting to catch up with them.

As a GM you don't go out on a radio show and say that, as a GM you don't openly support your FQB calling out teammates to the media, that should be handled within that locker room. Everyone in the league GMs, HCs, and every player knows the FQB is the most important position in the sport, and without one you realistically do not have a chance, but you are dealing with other grown men who work just as hard, put the same blood, sweat, and tears into the season that the QB does they deserve equal respect. They do not deserve, nor do they want to be belittled by their QB, or their GM like Colbert just did.

Harrison has hinted that the issue in that locker room starts with Tomlin, and Ben, AB has now hinted at it. Just because your a FQB doesn't mean your beyond reproach, and get to lord over your teammates. Add into the fact that I'm sure the other guys know of Ben's known rape cases, I'm sure they already don't have a great deal of respect for the guy

Not in the slightest, never alluded to that. The thread asks for a backup to Fuller.

I'm throwing the name of WR, Jazz Ferguson- Northwestern State into the mix b/c the Texans could possibly get this athlete late in the draft. He's a 6-4...220 lb receiver who transferred from LSU to NS. Rumors say he could run a 4.3-40.....I guess we'll have to wait for the Combine since he got an invite. He might need a full season but could eventually make Fuller expendable if as good as advertised.

Not in the slightest, never alluded to that. The thread asks for a backup to Fuller.

Okay, do you think he'd be willing to come here as a second fiddle was what I was asking. I don't think he can replace Fuller nor would he accept the meager number of targets

Okay, do you think he'd be willing to come here as a second fiddle was what I was asking. I don't think he can replace Fuller nor would he accept the meager number of targets

Yes, I do. Crabtree will be 32 this season.......... I don't think he can "replace" Fuller either.

Back