Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

A backup or replacement for Will Fuller?

No he would get 12.6 million next year, 11.3 million year two, 12.5 million year three and stop calling me surely.

And that is reasonable to you? Knowing Watson will have to be paid? Texans would be in cap hell yet again

Hell we paid 9.9 million for Jackson. Kevin Johnson got 9 million and we brought in Aaron Colvin for 8 million last year. You think 12 per is too much for one of if not the best WR in football?
We'll have to agree to disagree. I don't think those numbers reasonable for a WR2

Lol we would essentially have two number one WRs. You know what is just as important as protecting Watson? Giving him the tools to win with. Brown would be a huge upgrade over Fuller and isn’t an injury about to happen every game.

Maybe I’m wrong about the cap hit. Where’s our resident capoligist? I just looked at sports trac and it’s totally different than what I got from some other website.

Hell we paid 9.9 million for Jackson. Kevin Johnson got 9 million and we brought in Aaron Colvin for 8 million last year. You think 12 per is too much for one of if not the best WR in football?

Lol we would essentially have two number one WRs. You know what is just as important as protecting Watson? Giving him the tools to win with. Brown would be a huge upgrade over Fuller and isn’t an injury about to happen every game.
The idea of having two fearsome weapons certainly has it's appeal and also gives the team insurance of at least one top weapon available if one gets injured.
The downside is that having two Alpha dogs may not be ideal.

Do you mean $$$$ wise or draft picks?

They can afford it and I dont think the draft pick cost is going to be as much as you think it will be.
I'm thinking $$, draft, personnel, and cap. For the 3rd category, Fuller is expendable but we still want Miller.

I'm thinking $$, draft, personnel, and cap. For the 3rd category, Fuller is expendable but we still want Miller.

They have the cap room and a 2nd this yr and a 2020 2nd is cheap for the best WR in the NFL. The Steelers have Conner, they wont want Miller.

They have the cap room and a 2nd this yr and a 2020 2nd is cheap for the best WR in the NFL. The Steelers have Conner, they wont want Miller.

Miller would never be in competition for Conner's job....just a solid RB2 who could feel in if Conner were to get injured. He only has a season left on his current contract. His future contracts will basically pay him what he's always been worth, a backup or change of pace back who can start in a pinch. He'd be a throw-in to clear some additional space cap wise.

I'm still looking to sign Leveon Bell since his impact could be just as big or bigger than Brown's. The addition of Brown will scramble defensive backfields as they try to figure out coverages for both Hopkins and Brown....then the pesky speedster in the slot, Coutee. This trio will loosen defenses to the point that OB would watch Bell carry his running game to heights he only dreams about in his private time. Add a healthy Foreman and the running game could be as potent as the passing game. Puzzle pieces....find the right pieces and the picture becomes very clear.

Miller would never be in competition for Conner's job....just a solid RB2 who could feel in if Conner were to get injured. He only has a season left on his current contract. His future contracts will basically pay him what he's always been worth, a backup or change of pace back who can start in a pinch. He'd be a throw-in to clear some additional space cap wise.

I'm still looking to sign Leveon Bell since his impact could be just as big or bigger than Brown's. The addition of Brown will scramble defensive backfields as they try to figure out coverages for both Hopkins and Brown....then the pesky speedster in the slot, Coutee. This trio will loosen defenses to the point that OB would watch Bell carry his running game to heights he only dreams about in his private time. Add a healthy Foreman and the running game could be as potent as the passing game. Puzzle pieces....find the right pieces and the picture becomes very clear.

The Steelers aren't going to pay 16 mil for a backup rb.

The Texans aren't going to sign Bell. I read the Steelers are planning on franchising Bell.

The Steelers aren't going to pay 16 mil for a backup rb.

The Texans aren't going to sign Bell. I read the Steelers are planning on franchising Bell.

That tag depends on how the NFL rules on his non-injury sit out last season. If he gets the year counted the tag is going to be too rich for Steelers, which Bell would readily accept. Not sure this is what the Steelers want.

That tag depends on how the NFL rules on his non-injury sit out last season. If he gets the year counted the tag is going to be too rich for Steelers, which Bell would readily accept. Not sure this is what the Steelers want.

the rumor is a transition tag, not franchise tag. So he will still get to test the market and ink a deal he wants, but it gives the Steelers a chance to match or at the very least recoup a draft pick for him. But does the player have to sign a transition tag for it to take place? You would think that would hurt Bell's value as a team might not pay him as much as they potentially would if they have to send a pick with him as well.

You don't replace guys like DHop - no matter how many "weapons" you have ….

I'm not against adding talent to the position but we have more pressing needs - most notably CB & OT. I'm for fixing them and then intelligently using the remaining resources elsewhere - RB / WR / OLB.

Really need to see what they do with our own FA's and how much we have to spend on those two most critical positions , then worry about the luxuries of another WR / RB / OLB.
You cant replace him in all the ways, but you can replace the threat if he's neutralized by injury or game plan. Example: the Patriots doubled Robert Woods and put their best cover corner on Cooks. If that happened to the Texans and all you had was a John Brown or Vincynt Smith, how successful do you think the offense would be? It still amazes me, just like with Andre , that Hopkins can be so productive without anyone opposite of him. At least Andre had the pedestrian Walter's and Owen when healthy and Foster later. Hopkins has nobody even worth anything right now when Fuller is down. Who can hurt the opposition like Sammy Watkins did when the Patriots did the same to Tyreke? Nobody! Do they need help on the oline? Yep, but they also need weapons to help the Watson and Hopkins. William's has shown and proven he can be a 1a type of guy. Hell, he has been more productive than the other Williams.

You cant replace him in all the ways, but you can replace the threat if he's neutralized by injury or game plan. Example: the Patriots doubled Robert Woods and put their best cover corner on Cooks. If that happened to the Texans and all you had was a John Brown or Vincynt Smith, how successful do you think the offense would be? It still amazes me, just like with Andre , that Hopkins can be so productive without anyone opposite of him. At least Andre had the pedestrian Walter's and Owen when healthy and Foster later. Hopkins has nobody even worth anything right now when Fuller is down. Who can hurt the opposition like Sammy Watkins did when the Patriots did the same to Tyreke? Nobody! Do they need help on the oline? Yep, but they also need weapons to help the Watson and Hopkins. William's has shown and proven he can be a 1a type of guy. Hell, he has been more productive than the other Williams.

Whats amazing about DHop is that when he's not open , he's still open ….

Sure , I want another threat opposite him … but I do believe that "When healthy" the trio of DHop , Fuller and QT are the leagues best.

The question remains to be seen if Fuller returns at 100% - I would probably look for a mid round insurance policy because of other more dire needs , OT / CB or possibly a free agent if the price is right.

Whats amazing about DHop is that when he's not open , he's still open ….

Sure , I want another threat opposite him … but I do believe that "When healthy" the trio of DHop , Fuller and QT are the leagues best.

The question remains to be seen if Fuller returns at 100% - I would probably look for a mid round insurance policy because of other more dire needs , OT / CB or possibly a free agent if the price is right.

Why wouldn't you want to give Watson all of the weapons you can to give him a chance to be as successful as possible. Particularly when you saw how much better the offense looked with a healthy Fuller.

I kind of hope that Gaine loads up the offense so the BOB is a terrible OC goes away, or atleast we will get to see if he's a bad OC.

Why wouldn't you want to give Watson all of the weapons you can to give him a chance to be as successful as possible. Particularly when you saw how much better the offense looked with a healthy Fuller.

I kind of hope that Gaine loads up the offense so the BOB is a terrible OC goes away, or atleast we will get to see if he's a bad OC.

Like I said , I think DHop , Fuller and QT are the best threesome in the league when healthy.

This team has two much more pressing needs than a WR …. OT & CB. I cant see taking a WR unless someone falls that isn't expected and the top CB's & OT's are gone. We simply have to solve those positions or we're not winning jack even with Watson playing superman.

I'd go for a 3rd or 4th round guy at WR , just not a #1 or #2 …. at this point , that may change due to FA.

And the narrative of OB being a bad playcaller / designer …. aint going away , we've seen this repeated year after year. He only has a job because Watson pulled a rabbit outa his hat …. enough times to save him.

Like I said , I think DHop , Fuller and QT are the best threesome in the league when healthy.

This team has two much more pressing needs than a WR …. OT & CB. I cant see taking a WR unless someone falls that isn't expected and the top CB's & OT's are gone. We simply have to solve those positions or we're not winning jack even with Watson playing superman.

I'd go for a 3rd or 4th round guy at WR , just not a #1 or #2 …. at this point , that may change due to FA.

And the narrative of OB being a bad playcaller / designer …. aint going away , we've seen this repeated year after year. He only has a job because Watson pulled a rabbit outa his hat …. enough times to save him.

I'm all for drafting a guy like Wesley/Hall in the 3rd Rd.

We don't know crap except the offense looked great despite talent deficiecies in the 6 games a healthy Watson played in 2017 and despite the talent deficiencies on the OL and Fuller's injury the TEAM still won 11 games. Fix those deficiencies and if BOB fails I will be on board the BOB isn't the guy train. I will be there after the 2020 season because the young guys will need a season of NFL experience before the Texans become true contenders.

For some that's not enough but they're still 2 seasons away. IMHO

Shoot, thx for reminding me 3 doesn't fall into "2 or more."

I see your trying to wordsmith me.

I just wanted to put it out there what I said when Gaine was hired.

3 yrs from the time Gaine was hired to be a true contender and that timeline hasn't changed. IMHO

The rules are pretty clear. Bell does NOT get an accrued season because he didn't appear on an NFL roster for 6 games. Bell made a very poor decision by sitting out the entire season.

The rules are pretty clear. Bell does NOT get an accrued season because he didn't appear on an NFL roster for 6 games. Bell made a very poor decision by sitting out the entire season.

Just read an article on ESPN and they predicted the Steelers would not use a tag on Bell. It'd be nice if that turns out to be the case.

Check ! I dunno but seems that strategic thinking is not Bells strong suit ?

The idea of having two fearsome weapons certainly has it's appeal and also gives the team insurance of at least one top weapon available if one gets injured.
The downside is that having two Alpha dogs may not be ideal.
Brown, based on 16 game seasons has averaged ~130 receptions/game for the past 6 years..........I see a hair pulling fight occurring in vying for receptions..........not enough potential passes to go around between 2 alphas..........peace will be held together solely by only a hope and a dream amongst the trio of Brown, Hopkins and Watson..........and not for long.

Brown, based on 16 game seasons has averaged ~130 receptions/game for the past 6 years..........I see a hair pulling fight occurring in vying for receptions..........not enough potential passes to go around between 2 alphas..........peace will be held together solely by only a hope and a dream amongst the trio of Brown, Hopkins and Watson..........and not for long.

I still would like to see this happen.

Modern day Mark Duper/Clayton

I still would like to see this happen.

Modern day Mark Duper/Clayton

Good luck making him happy.........

Antonio Brown:

“Ain’t no more games. Actions speak louder than my words. Just know I simply want to be the best and if you wanna simply be the best you have to simply outwork your opponents. Who are your opponents? Myself. AB vs. AB…the work speaks for itself. A lot of truth going to be coming through the fan.

“All my real fans out there, I’m putting together the best individual performance, the best, the best, the best. Nobody’s better than me. How somebody better than me? All these first rounders, all these guys getting all this handed to them. I earned my spot. Everything I got. Name me another sixth rounder like me. I’m waiting, name one. Because if he’s out there, I wanna study him. I wanna learn.

“Nobody go harder than me. And if there are any NFL teams out there watching. Hit my phone. Hit my phone. If wanna of them teams out there where the comradely bad, the energy bad, the players are haters, I don’t wanna play there. I don’t wanna go there. I don’t wanna waste no time.”

“No more games.”

“I paved my one way. I heard somebody say they made AB. Only God made me. If your squad out there wanna win, and your squad want a hungry wide receiver whose the best in the whole world. Someone hit my phone.”

“Tell them I ain’t doing no unguarantees. I ain’t even gonna play myself for this NFL, you heard? I think I’ve done everything, what y’all think? What left for me to do? Win the Super Bowl? Gotta be the right team for that.”

“Just know I’m still hungry. Just know my actions will speak louder than my words. Just know I’m fine of the greatest to ever to do it. Just know.”

“I can evolution (revolutionize?) the game. Trust me. What you’re all looking at is a man body (as he takes his shirt off). Trust me, I want it all…I’m coming for it all, you heard?”

“If you’re team got guaranteed money, tell ‘em call me. AB can’t do no more unguarantees, so we clear. I want ya’ll to be clear and understand something. This is not a game people. This is not for show, this is not to be cool, this is really to inspire you that no one can determine your destination except you.”

“If your team got guaranteed money, and they wanna get to know me and wanna work with me, tell them to call me? I ain’t got time to waste. I got five kids, you heard?”

“Call me Mr. Big Chest from now on. Best Chest Brown from now on. Call me Mr. Big Chest. Tell your team I’m maxing out. If they want me, tell them to max out, you heard?”

“Talk to me nice. Talk to me nice. Talk to me nice. Talk to me nice, ya’ll heard?”

Antonio Brown:

“Ain’t no more games. Actions speak louder than my words. Just know I simply want to be the best and if you wanna simply be the best you have to simply outwork your opponents. Who are your opponents? Myself. AB vs. AB…the work speaks for itself. A lot of truth going to be coming through the fan.

“All my real fans out there, I’m putting together the best individual performance, the best, the best, the best. Nobody’s better than me. How somebody better than me? All these first rounders, all these guys getting all this handed to them. I earned my spot. Everything I got. Name me another sixth rounder like me. I’m waiting, name one. Because if he’s out there, I wanna study him. I wanna learn.

“Nobody go harder than me. And if there are any NFL teams out there watching. Hit my phone. Hit my phone. If wanna of them teams out there where the comradely bad, the energy bad, the players are haters, I don’t wanna play there. I don’t wanna go there. I don’t wanna waste no time.”

“No more games.”

“I paved my one way. I heard somebody say they made AB. Only God made me. If your squad out there wanna win, and your squad want a hungry wide receiver whose the best in the whole world. Someone hit my phone.”

“Tell them I ain’t doing no unguarantees. I ain’t even gonna play myself for this NFL, you heard? I think I’ve done everything, what y’all think? What left for me to do? Win the Super Bowl? Gotta be the right team for that.”

“Just know I’m still hungry. Just know my actions will speak louder than my words. Just know I’m fine of the greatest to ever to do it. Just know.”

“I can evolution (revolutionize?) the game. Trust me. What you’re all looking at is a man body (as he takes his shirt off). Trust me, I want it all…I’m coming for it all, you heard?”

“If you’re team got guaranteed money, tell ‘em call me. AB can’t do no more unguarantees, so we clear. I want ya’ll to be clear and understand something. This is not a game people. This is not for show, this is not to be cool, this is really to inspire you that no one can determine your destination except you.”

“If your team got guaranteed money, and they wanna get to know me and wanna work with me, tell them to call me? I ain’t got time to waste. I got five kids, you heard?”

“Call me Mr. Big Chest from now on. Best Chest Brown from now on. Call me Mr. Big Chest. Tell your team I’m maxing out. If they want me, tell them to max out, you heard?”

“Talk to me nice. Talk to me nice. Talk to me nice. Talk to me nice, ya’ll heard?”

Classic example of a superiority complex.
"superiority complex definition: superiority complex is an inflated sense of being better than others. "

I wouldn't trade DHop for two Antonio Browns. His problem is obvious and most likely incurable.

Not at all surprised that the Steelers let him walk.

:coffee:

Antonio Brown:

“No more games.”

Meh....pass.

Antonio Brown:

“No more games.”

Good Lord!! He needs to be drug tested right now. That sounds like a guy strung out on speed. You heard?

Antonio Brown:

“No more games.”

Looks like he wants guaranteed $$$$ to me.

Somebody will give it to him.

This is about $$$$ and not catches/targets/yds etc...

Antonio Brown:

“No more games.”

WTF did he just say....????

WTF did he just say....????

I want to be traded to any team that will give me guaranteed $$$$. What I want to know is does he want a new contract with guaranteed $$$$. Or does he want his current contract guaranteed?

I want to be traded to any team that will give me guaranteed $$$$. What I want to know is does he want a new contract with guaranteed $$$$. Or does he want his current contract guaranteed?
I was being sarcastic, but I'm curious about the guaranteed money as well. But as someone in here likes to say, "his cheese done slid off the cracker!" I wouldn't want any part of this guy.

I've officially unhitched the Antonio Brown car from my off-season want list. I want to firmly keep the Trent Brown and Leveon Bell cars attached. There are currently no alpha concerns at LT or RB......they could have all the plays and touches OB can muster for them.

I was on the fence on AB, but that post sings me, me, me. Football is a team sport and the locker room harmony is a big deal. It was interesting to think of him and NUK together, but not anymore. We have plenty of holes to fill with people who want to be part of a team

If I was his agent, I would have some choice words for him about now

I was on the fence on AB, but that post sings me, me, me. Football is a team sport and the locker room harmony is a big deal. It was interesting to think of him and NUK together, but not anymore. We have plenty of holes to fill with people who want to be part of a team

If I was his agent, I would have some choice words for him about now

I agree, but the Guaranteed $$$$ for a 31 yr old WR would be the deal breaker for me.

I agree, but the Guaranteed $$$$ for a 31 yr old WR would be the deal breaker for me.

all his guaranteed money stays with Pittsburgh if traded. The team acquiring him would have him on an expensive year to year contract essentially. So if he under performs or is to much of a head case you could let him go, and not really have any cap related repercussions.

I do think he is killing his trade value though, I'm sure that doesn't worry him one bit but I'd bet Pittsburgh isn't happy about it lol. His contract is going to stay the same regardless, Pittsburgh said they would trade him but didn't give him permission to go talk to other teams, so it's not like he has to worry about restructuring. I do think his agent did step in though and shut down the video him and James Harrison teased awhile back pretty much saying they were going to air a bunch of dirty laundry up there out.

all his guaranteed money stays with Pittsburgh if traded. The team acquiring him would have him on an expensive year to year contract essentially. So if he under performs or is to much of a head case you could let him go, and not really have any cap related repercussions.

I do think he is killing his trade value though, I'm sure that doesn't worry him one bit but I'd bet Pittsburgh isn't happy about it lol. His contract is going to stay the same regardless, Pittsburgh said they would trade him but didn't give him permission to go talk to other teams, so it's not like he has to worry about restructuring. I do think his agent did step in though and shut down the video him and James Harrison teased awhile back pretty much saying they were going to air a bunch of dirty laundry up there out.

I `think what he was saying was he wanted the $$$$ in his current contract to be guaranteed. Or maybe get a new deal done with his new team with the new contract being guaranteed. Of course I could be wrong. Bottom line is AB's not worth the trouble even though I consider him to be the top WR in the NFL. Above Julio/Nuk.

Back