Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

3rd Round (90th pick): Jonathan Greenard, OLB

zshawn10

All Pro
Greenard has been one of my favorite OLB in this draft. He was #5 on my EDGE list overall.

I think he has 10 sack per year potential. Has good pass rush moves already, and some good bend on the outside.

Good job, #Texans.
— The War Room (@WRDraftCoverage) April 25, 2020
#Texans draft EDGE Jonathan Greenard.

I LOVE the pick. Top EDGE rusher on the board.

Dude is a nuanced pass rusher, great athlete and strong run defender. He has so much potential to be even greater if he cleans up some things.

A+++
— Texans Thoughts (@Texans_Thoughts) April 25, 2020

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
I dunno much about him but I'm ok with it from a need stand point.

Did we just watch OB have a piss fit on the phone?

zshawn10

All Pro
I viewed Jonathan Greenard as a second-round caliber prospect. Houston got a pressure creator with great burst. Going to end up being a steal, imo. #Gators
— Zach Goodall (@zach_goodall) April 25, 2020
The Texans' second pick, Jonathan Greenard, graded out fantastically this season.

* 90.5 overall (8th among this draft's edge defenders)

* 87.7 run defense (9th)

* 88 pass rush (22nd) pic.twitter.com/KNIq4PFrzL
— PFF HOU Texans (@PFF_Texans) April 25, 2020
Jonathan Greenard will be one of the biggest steals in this draft. He doesn't have the ideal measurables that scouts look for, but he is as relentless as it comes as a pass-rusher. Lining up opposite of J.J. Watt should allow him to thrive with the Texans.
— Ethan Hughes (@ehughes97) April 25, 2020

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
You can’t draft Jonathan Greenard too high

I know this is an overstatement but I think for the most part, NFL teams can’t draft Florida Gators defensive end Jonathan Greenard high enough. I’m not going to sit here and say he’s a better pro prospect than Chase Young or even his teammate in CJ Henderson, but looking at mock drafts, it doesn’t seem that he will be taken as high as he should.

theCATALYST

Football Messiah
I think someone told him he could not overpay Greenard when he drafted him.
Seriously, happy with the picks. I was not sure BOB would let the defense get their share of picks, glad he did
Would be interesting to know what set teapot off there
There was an issue getting the pick in. IT issues.

zshawn10

All Pro
Jonathan Greenard just made plays when he was healthy. Legit edge player. Lacks ideal size but he’s productive. Value at pick 90 for the @HoustonTexans https://t.co/0duoOLTzV1
— Cole Cubelic (@colecubelic) April 25, 2020
Greenard on a TE is a mismatch. pic.twitter.com/DjQ1zCW47k
— Cole Cubelic (@colecubelic) August 25, 2019
Johnathan Greenard was one of PFF's honorable mentions for the best run defender among this year's edge class.https://t.co/DnLNiBi9iA
— PFF HOU Texans (@PFF_Texans) April 25, 2020

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
He’s listed as an OLB, highlights show him more as an edge rusher.
He’s not really an OLB is he?

powda

I'm a bit hesitant to write this but uhhh...

I'm glad ob didn't have his handicap son posted up in the corner of the camera with a sign around his neck again.

I don't wanna be "that guy" but it was pretty damn tacky to see that with our first pick.

Mods please delete or move as you see fit.

Last edited:

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
hopefully he can play some ILB has well im tired on seeing COle and Mckenny getting burnt like a drum in pass coverage

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
I'm a bit hesitant to write this but uhhh...

I'm glad ob didn't have his handicap son posted up in the corner of the camera with a sign around his neck again.

I don't wanna be "that guy" but is was pretty damn tacky to see with our first pick.

Mods please delete or move as you see fit.
uhm...I was that guy also on the phone with a friend...so I will let one of the "better human" mods make a decision on our posts.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
I'm not a draftnik and I'm going exclusively off the highlights shown on the draft telecast, but seemed to me that Greenard looked much more explosive and agile than Anfernee Jennings who was taken by the Patriots three picks earlier
If OB just ninja psyched Beli, he should have been happy right?:boogereater:

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
We have a lot of front 7 bodies... this isn't even all of them. Just the ones I "thought" that would make the 53. I wonder who won't make the cut.

Watt
Blackson
Dunn
Watkins
Blacklock
Omenihu
Jernigan
Vanderdoes

Mercilus
Cunningham
McKinney
Scarlett
Greenard
Cole
Martin
Ejiofor
Kalambayi
cant keep them all someone will be cut or put on P squad

powda

uhm...I was that guy also on the phone with a friend...so I will let one of the "better human" mods make a decision on our posts.
I dont even remember what the sign said but it was something encouraging. There was no malice intended, it was just poor taste. Couple that with ob having a tantrum on the phone for pick 3.

He got the name tea pot for a reason.

Number19

Hall of Fame
3-4 OLB is probably what it means.

I watched him play a lot given it’s Florida and I live here; Greenard imposes his will on OL. He goes hard every play and he’s explosive. He was a nightmare for FSU, but FSU couldn’t block anybody.
How is he dropping into coverage? I have him listed as DE. Has he actually played any OLB?

TexansSeminole

Hall of Fame
I won't lie, I would have preferred most of the edge players taken before Greenard. But, Greenard is a mature player that should be able contribute this season. Hell, Greenard could easily take the starting job from Scarlett.
I think we’ll see them both play quite a bit, as I expect Jernigan/Dunn/Blacklock will split a lot of time depending on situations.

I like that we are getting stronger and deeper in the front 7. We needed more bodies and I think we got two good players who could easily develop into multi year starters.

powda

I believe the sign said "thank you frontline heroes"
I know there was no malice intended but using your handicap son as post it note was a little messed up somehow. This is not a guy who should be berating others for having children with multiple mothers.

Lemme stfu about it so the thread gets back on track.

I like the pick. He should start over scarlett.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
I think we’ll see them both play quite a bit, as I expect Jernigan/Dunn/Blacklock will split a lot of time depending on situations.

I like that we are getting stronger and deeper in the front 7. We needed more bodies and I think we got two good players who could easily develop into multi year starters.
They were need picks that also provided value. Kind of opposite, in that Blacklock is more upside than production, while Greenard is more production than upside. It was difficult to screw this draft up, because it is so deep.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
We have a lot of front 7 bodies... this isn't even all of them. Just the ones I "thought" that would make the 53. I wonder who won't make the cut.

Watt
Blackson
Dunn
Watkins
Blacklock
Omenihu
Jernigan
Vanderdoes

Mercilus
Cunningham
McKinney
Scarlett
Greenard
Cole
Martin
Ejiofor
Kalambayi
Shows how desperate this team is for young talent upfront. So many JAGs.
O'Brien upset at his old buddies from New England, Quinn and Patricia.

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps
I dunno much about him but I'm ok with it from a need stand point.

Did we just watch OB have a piss fit on the phone?
According to McClain, Detroit screwed us over by pulling out of a trade for the 90 spot at the last second. O'Brien obviously passed up another offer for them. You can see O'Brien pointing at his other phone while telling Detroit to eff off. Video the State of the Texans story here.

lol Detroit bozos.

powda

According to McClain, Detroit screwed us over by pulling out of a trade for the 90 spot at the last second. O'Brien obviously passed up another offer for them. You can see O'Brien pointing at his other phone while telling Detroit to eff off. Video the State of the Texans story here.

lol Detroit bozos.

Anyone notice junior in that? Everyone else is high 5ing kids. OB jr? Dads pissed again. I'm gonna sit here quiet and not move...