Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2024 Shrine Bowl

Christian Mahogany interests me.

What day/channel is the game on?
There’s several guys that I will keep an eye on in the practice reports.

Isaiah Davis RB SDSU
Jalen Coker WR Holy Cross
Zach Heins TE SDSU (PFF hasn’t updated the list, but I saw the announcement of the accepted invite. He’s a big TE with good blocking ability. I’m curious how good his hands are)
Garrett Greenfield OT SDSU- could be a possible swing tackle
Evan Anderson DL FAU

I have several SDSU players on the list. They just repeated their 3rd consecutive FCS championship.
Here is a preseason DraftWire article about some of their offensive players. DraftWire

The vast majority of the Shrine game players are Day 3 or UDFAs. Is JT Sanders actually playing? If so, there's one Day 2 guy.
Sanders is not playing. He’s there to talk to teams. Measured in at 6’3 252lbs.

I think Christian Mahogany OG Boston College will be another day 2 guy that’s there.

If you had to choose 2 developmental guys to pick in the 4th rd would it be Boyd or Eyabi Okie Amona or Stiggers.

I'm definitely taking Stiggers and cant decide on the other two.

Sanders is not playing. He’s there to talk to teams. Measured in at 6’3 252lbs.

I think Christian Mahogany OG Boston College will be another day 2 guy that’s there.
Thanks for giving us a place for 1 stop shopping when it comes to this game.

There are 5 or 6 guys that have really impressed me from what I've read and listened too.

If you had to choose 2 developmental guys to pick in the 4th rd would it be Boyd or Eyabi Okie Amona or Stiggers.

I’d probably do Stiggers as well. While I like the other two, I don’t know if I’d spend a 4th on them. I might package picks to come up to a 6th, maybe a late 5th. I’ll have to see how the perform in tomorrow’s practice and the game.

You should here Brugler's story on Stiggers,

His brother was paralyzed playing football. Stiggers earned a scholarship somewhere and played a few games and his dad was killed in car accident. He went home and took a low paying job to help his family. He started playing minor league football and got noticed by by a scout from the Toronto Argonauts. Tried out and made the Argonauts, became one of the best CB's in the CFL and is now trying to transition to the NFL. I would definitely spend a 4th on a guy like this. He's played very little football, is very talented and football is obviously important to him.

You should here Brugler's story on Stiggers,

His brother was paralyzed playing football. Stiggers earned a scholarship somewhere and played a few games and his dad was killed in car accident. He went home and took a low paying job to help his family. He started playing minor league football and got noticed by by a scout from the Toronto Argonauts. Tried out and made the Argonauts, became one of the best CB's in the CFL and is now trying to transition to the NFL. I would definitely spend a 4th on a guy like this. He's played very little football, is very talented and football is obviously important to him.
That’s a hell of a story. I hope he does well wherever he gets drafted.

Watching the game and noticed Latu fell to 1-19 in D.J.'s mock. I've got him as a top 6 player in this draft. Wonder what it would take to move up 4 spots to get Latu? I would give up a 1-23 and 3-85 this year and a 2025 2nd to get him. He's that special and the thought of WA on one edge and Latu on the other Edge plus adding a DT like Wilkins/Williams would make this a great young front 4. I see Latu like I see WA, a true difference maker and the best edge by far in this draft. Relentless

Watching the game and noticed Latu fell to 1-19 in D.J.'s mock. I've got him as a top 6 player in this draft. Wonder what it would take to move up 4 spots to get Latu? I would give up a 1-23 and 3-85 this year and a 2025 2nd to get him. He's that special and the thought of WA on one edge and Latu on the other Edge plus adding a DT like Wilkins/Williams would make this a great young front 4. I see Latu like I see WA, a true difference maker and the best edge by far in this draft. Relentless
It’s possible that he’ll slide because of his medicals and the fact that he might not be as athletic as some of the other guys. But he is a stud technician! I wouldn’t mind moving up depending on the price.

Back