Colts
Titans
Vikings
Packers
Patriots
Jets
Chiefs
Cowboys *

*Unless Cowboys lose to Washington today and Eagles win at Giants. Then Texans would play at Philly.

Last edited:
So The AFC East and NFC North as regularly scheduled with Ravens, Chiefs, Cowboys or Eagles

Last edited:
This is going to be a murderous schedule

Home
Jags
Colts
Titans
Bills
Dolphins
Bears
Lions
Ravens

Away
Jags
Colts
Titans
Vikings
Packers
Patriots
Jets
49ers
Cowboys *

*Unless Cowboys lose to Washington today and Eagles win at Giants. Then Texans would play at Philly.
Should be Chiefs instead of 49ers

You are correct, that looks like a tough schedule right now but, thing change once everyone starts playing for real. I think we will be VERY competitive in each game and if the injury bug and the reffs leave us alone, we will be fine.

Honestly, that schedule doesn't really scare me. Most of those teams outside our division are either not good, Pat's and Vikings for example, or have been on the bubble, Packers and Bill's for example. In fact most have been in the same "play for your season" situation as us.

About the only really scary ones are Ravens, Lions and Jets (only because of that piss poor field and not because of the team) and odds are the team that goes to the SB will lose key pieces oth player and coaching side. Even the Chiefs have shown flaws in their armor.

Cowboys, Ravens, and Chiefs will be primetime (SNF or MNF) games. Against the Dolphins sounds like a good TNF game. The rest I don't know but next year is gonna be fun. The Texans are probably gonna make a trip to Europe next season for one of the away games.

sue the living **** out of both NFL
The NFL should be sued for extortion or something for making ALL NFL fans purchase Peacock just to watch a playoff game. Crock of bull.

That schedule will be doable. Texans will be better next year. As much as Id like to go to Arlington to see that game, Cowboys fans are obnoxious booty cheeks! Arrogant and whatever else. And imagine if going to that game next year IF they manage to win the Superb Owl this year!?! Ugh! No thank you. And the prices will be gouged to high heaven. I know, get off my lawn guy....but I don't want to even chance it.

I will be going to the Vikings game. Met a couple at my club that are originally from there. So we are all going to go together. AND its indoors so it doesn't matter what time of year for me. I won't do outdoor in the cold anymore after doing a November game in Cleveland in November. The Mallett start and JJ catching a TD in the corner of the end zone game.

As I understand it, Peacock played $110 million to have the exclusive for that game. That's a lot of money to secure one game even if its a playoff game.

• Wow
Reactions: JB
I think you can get a free trial of Peacock and then just cancel. I cancelled and then they gave me an offer for $2.50/mo for 3 months. I took it as I see some other crapola on there I might like. But at 90 days I am cancelling.

As I understand it, Peacock played $110 million to have the exclusive for that game. That's a lot of money to secure one game even if its a playoff game.
That means they only need to sell about 20 million months of subscriptions to break even on it!

I think you can get a free trial of Peacock and then just cancel. I cancelled and then they gave me an offer for $2.50/mo for 3 months. I took it as I see some other crapola on there I might like. But at 90 days I am cancelling.
PM me your password.

Please

Here’s a thought - we play in the AFC South.

Titans will suck.
Jags will suck.
Colts will be a fight - but will suck.

All we have to do is take care of business in the AFC South.

I’ll have to do something, I’m Directv so my NBC still blacked out.

Titans will suck.
Jags will suck.

This doesn't help when we have to play quality opponents. Iron sharpens iron & all that.

This doesn't help when we have to play quality opponents. Iron sharpens iron & all that.

There are what? 3 games that are different between the Texans and the rest of the AFC South teams?

My point was we shouldn’t fear the results or not making the playoffs. All we have to do is win the South which is very doable.

Playing quality opponents does let us know where we are as a team and can make the team better.

My apologies if I didn’t articulate my point correctly.

If you still feel like I am missing something let me know.

Titans will suck.
Jags will suck.

That seems like the mentality OB's Texans had. Being good enough to take advantage of a weak division and make the playoffs, but never a true playoff caliber team.

I don't care about being good enough to win a crappy division. I want to be competitive in the 2nd season. OB's Texans were never a 2nd season contender. Not sure the 2023 Texans are either, especially with all of the injuries. We'll soon find out. I do think they've got the wheels in motion to get there though. They're going to play in an AFCCG soon. If 7 stays healthy of course.

That seems like the mentality OB's Texans had. Being good enough to take advantage of a weak division and make the playoffs, but never a true playoff caliber team.

I don't care about being good enough to win a crappy division. I want to be competitive in the 2nd season. OB's Texans were never a 2nd season contender. Not sure the 2023 Texans are either, especially with all of the injuries. We'll soon find out. I do think they've got the wheels in motion to get there though. They're going to play in an AFCCG soon. If 7 stays healthy of course.

Woah.

I don’t know what you heard I did to you but I didn’t kick your or bang your wife for you to compare my post to OBs mentality. If you ever insult me like this again then I will have no choice but to come at you like a spider monkey. You have been warned! I have only read half your post because of the offensive nature. If calling someone a tampon is a delete’able offense than so should be comparing someone to OB. Your post shall be reported to the proper authorities.

I am trying to keep things half full for the doom and gloom crowd that think this schedule is brutal. So many posters need help to realize this. Things are better than they have ever been.

As I posted up stream “to be the man you have beat the man.” So no I am not afraid of the schedule. I understand to be the best you have to be the best.

It is an undeniable benefit to play in the AFC South that is an easier route to the playoffs. And as Flacco and Ravens proved you got to get in first and then get hot at the right time. It’s a given we should be in the playoffs at the 4th seed. That’s minimum expectations. With the schedule we have we should be shooting to be the 1 seed because we can directly influence it by the schedule we play.

There are what? 3 games that are different between the Texans and the rest of the AFC South teams?

My point was we shouldn’t fear the results or not making the playoffs. All we have to do is win the South which is very doable.

Playing quality opponents does let us know where we are as a team and can make the team better.

My apologies if I didn’t articulate my point correctly.

If you still feel like I am missing something let me know.
I was not refuting your post, just thinking outloud.

It is a rough schedule but that's the price of winning the division. If we are going to be relevant in the league we have to to start beating these teams (in the regular season & the playoffs). We took the first step this season. We were 8-4 .667 against teams above 500 (2 games each Jaguars & Colts). I know that is at least the best since 2014 & maybe the best ever (I'm too lazy to check this). My biggest gripe with the schedule is we only have 8 home games & 9 away.

I was not refuting your post, just thinking outloud.

Your thinking out loud manifested itself into your fingers typing and pressing reply?

giphy.gif

Back