Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2024 Post Combine Mock

Any thoughts or rumors you are getting about the free agent wide receiver trade?
He's probably alluding to the Stefon Diggs hullabaloo. He has a contract worth about 18m a year for 4 more years, and I just can't see the Texans signing up for that with a 30 year old WR like him. He's great, but he's not going to last forever. If it takes a 3rd or 4th to get him, personally I would prefer the team takes their chances with a WR in the draft with that pick. It's just too much to invest in a guy at that age.

Found some other mock draft simulators that you guys might want to try out for fun. If you have any others you like, post them. Here's a list of them and some of my thoughts:

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mock-draft-simulator
This one has all the features unlocked for free, which is nice, but it's a bit wonky. If you make a trade for a future pick, you will not be able to package it in another trade in the same draft. You can also make up lots of trades and move around the board with ease, stockpiling picks and ending up with a whole new starting 22 in the draft if you want. I also noticed that the trade offers given by the teams often outweigh what they accept when you offer anything near the same, so you are better off accepting what they give in offers than making up a trade. The trade system is completely broken in this model, I would recommend against using it, or else you'll have an insane draft like this: https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/user-mock-drafts/2024/user-mock-2477776
1711343041103.png
and more! lol, I think I own about 1/6 of the 2025 draft picks too!

No real analysis of the players that I saw, but they do rank their players and grade you based on those rankings vs the slot you took them in. I don't see a way to look at the draft results of other teams during the draft, which is kind of annoying. It's a nice interface and works well, I would recommend trying it without the trades.

PFF has a restricted one that will only allow you to do the first 3 rounds for free. You can only do it once a day too (hint open an incognito window to do more!), but it has the best analysis on each player of any of them. I found myself spending more time looking through the player info and stats than looking at the big board. You cannot make trades, but you can propose them and see the chance of what you're offering being accepted, which is a really cool feature. If you are a subscriber to them, then you have full access to every feature.

https://www.pff.com/draft/nfl-mock-draft-simulator
Here's what my 1st round looked like in their system, it hurts to see Brian Thomas at 28, picking him at 23 would be insanely fortunate IMO. I don't think he will get past the top 20 in the real draft, but man it would be something to have gotten him instead of a future 2nd...

1711339780097.png

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/simulator
Has a nice interface, fast, near-instant pace if you set it to "Warp Speed" for autodrafting, and it has a decent trade system. My main issue is it does not let you see your draft picks in a nice format at the end. You can look at this list, but it's not very easy to review your picks or the other teams. Here's an example:
1711344024134.png

Found some other mock draft simulators that you guys might want to try out for fun. If you have any others you like, post them. Here's a list of them and some of my thoughts:

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mock-draft-simulator
This one has all the features unlocked for free, which is nice, but it's a bit wonky. If you make a trade for a future pick, you will not be able to package it in another trade in the same draft. You can also make up lots of trades and move around the board with ease, stockpiling picks and ending up with a whole new starting 22 in the draft if you want. I also noticed that the trade offers given by the teams often outweigh what they accept when you offer anything near the same, so you are better off accepting what they give in offers than making up a trade. The trade system is completely broken in this model, I would recommend against using it, or else you'll have an insane draft like this: https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/user-mock-drafts/2024/user-mock-2477776
View attachment 13851
and more! lol, I think I own about 1/6 of the 2025 draft picks too!

No real analysis of the players that I saw, but they do rank their players and grade you based on those rankings vs the slot you took them in. I don't see a way to look at the draft results of other teams during the draft, which is kind of annoying. It's a nice interface and works well, I would recommend trying it without the trades.

PFF has a restricted one that will only allow you to do the first 3 rounds for free. You can only do it once a day too (hint open an incognito window to do more!), but it has the best analysis on each player of any of them. I found myself spending more time looking through the player info and stats than looking at the big board. You cannot make trades, but you can propose them and see the chance of what you're offering being accepted, which is a really cool feature. If you are a subscriber to them, then you have full access to every feature.

https://www.pff.com/draft/nfl-mock-draft-simulator
Here's what my 1st round looked like in their system, it hurts to see Brian Thomas at 28, picking him at 23 would be insanely fortunate IMO. I don't think he will get past the top 20 in the real draft, but man it would be something to have gotten him instead of a future 2nd...

View attachment 13850

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/simulator
Has a nice interface, fast, near-instant pace if you set it to "Warp Speed" for autodrafting, and it has a decent trade system. My main issue is it does not let you see your draft picks in a nice format at the end. You can look at this list, but it's not very easy to review your picks or the other teams. Here's an example:
View attachment 13853
NFLDRAFTBUZZ has another weakness. It doesn't have the most recently updated team rosters when you make or receive trades. For example, the Titans tried trading me Teair Tart in one of their proposals, when he was already on our roster. Those sneaky bastids.

Again….this Mock should make Ryans pretty happy. As for the offense….Stroud gets shear speed threats at WR and RB.

Rate my mock draft from the @PFN365 Mock Draft Simulator 1711469590423.png

I believe there’s a gold mine of talent in the middle of this draft class. I did this Mock and moved down, via trade offers, to the middle rounds while adding more picks to the 2025 draft.

Rate my mock draft from the @PFN365 Mock Draft Simulator 1711723473574.png

texans.svg

Xavier Worthy
    WR | Texas
    A+
    Edgerrin Cooper
    LB | Texas A&M
    A+
    Patrick Paul
    OT | Houston
    A
    Renardo Green
    CB | Florida State
    A+
    DeWayne Carter
    DL | Duke
    A+
    James Williams
    S | Miami (FL)
    A+
    Isaiah Davis
    RB | South Dakota State
    A+
    Cornelius Johnson
    WR | Michigan
    B+

Here's my mock. I did the first three rounds through PFF and then projected the rest. The first six picks are prospects that have had top 30 visits with the team:

42. Kingsley Suamataia (T) - The Texans have had top 30 visits with four Tackles - the most of any position so far. That indicates to me it's being viewed as a priority position.
59. Edgerrin Cooper (LB)
86. Michael Hall, Jr. (DT)
122. Mo Kamara (EDGE) - The team has met with him three times, including a top 30 visit. Safe to say he's a target.
126. Qwan'tez Stiggers (CB) - I have no idea where he'll land in the draft, but he's young, talented, and experienced.
189. Luke McCaffrey (WR)
224. Tanner McLachlan (TE)
238. Kimani Vidal (RB)
247. Jordan Magee (LB)

Didn't get any good CBs to fall where I wanted, but Cooper making it to 42 makes me happy and he can be a nickelback as needed. Can't really complain about any of these guys, other than lack of CB position, but this would be a great haul to fill out depth and plug that DT spot with Ruke.

1712695779086.png

Didn't get any good CBs to fall where I wanted, but Cooper making it to 42 makes me happy and he can be a nickelback as needed. Can't really complain about any of these guys, other than lack of CB position, but this would be a great haul to fill out depth and plug that DT spot with Ruke.

View attachment 13937
They probably feel happy with the CB corp - they may take a swing at a good Safety and go CB in '25.

View attachment 13937
Not a fan of Ruke's, especially that high.

Love the rest of the draft. DeJean is a really good CB especially in zone but good (Better than Nelson, but remember how bad my DB evals.) I think DeJean will make a great S. Well worth 2-42 and probably worth trading up to the bottom of the 1st/top of the 2nd for IMHO.

Not a fan of Ruke's, especially that high.

Love the rest of the draft. DeJean is a really good CB especially in zone but good (Better than Nelson, but remember how bad my DB evals.) I think DeJean will make a great S. Well worth 2-42 and probably worth trading up to the bottom of the 1st/top of the 2nd for IMHO.
Yeah, in that scenario there was a run on DTs in the 42-59 range. They had Fiske, Taylor, Jenkins, Hall, Sweat all going in the 2nd, and LB Cooper went 58th. Funny thing was several Safeties were available, so I think that system just didn't like that position much. You know how these systems tweak their rating and weight the needs of teams to keep it interesting.

They probably feel happy with the CB corp - they may take a swing at a good Safety and go CB in '25.
I can't pass on Dejean at 42 though, unless someone even more attractive is there. I think there are plenty of 1st round guys that can fall to 42 for us, depending on how in-demand other positions are. I'm really hoping we see 6 QBs off the board before our first pick in the actual draft, that will push a few good prospects down the board.

Yeah, in that scenario there was a run on DTs in the 42-59 range. They had Fiske, Taylor, Jenkins, Hall, Sweat all going in the 2nd, and LB Cooper went 58th. Funny thing was several Safeties were available, so I think that system just didn't like that position much. You know how these systems tweak their rating and weight the needs of teams to keep it interesting.

I can't pass on Dejean at 42 though, unless someone even more attractive is there. I think there are plenty of 1st round guys that can fall to 42 for us, depending on how in-demand other positions are. I'm really hoping we see 6 QBs off the board before our first pick in the actual draft, that will push a few good prospects down the board.
There should be a bunch of OL go too so there may be a surprise or two fall to us.

If Hall, Fiske etc... isn't there, then give me Dorlus if he was there. This guy would be a great fit in Ryans defense. Can play DE and drop down to DT in passing situations. Was Payton Wilson available?

Love DeJean, if he's there run the card to the podium. Difference maker, doubtful he will be there at 2-42.

Here's my latest mock. This one seems the most updated regarding player rankings and where guys are most likely to slot. For example, I see Hall as a late riser, and so does this site. That's also why Sweat was available in the fourth round. While he's risky, for me personally, I'd take him there and cross my fingers. I would not be shocked at all if he's there at 123 and the Texans pass. Two TE's is a bit unusual, but I like them both for different reasons and now you've got excellent depth with different skill sets. Quinton T is probably on the outside looking in if this happened. Nothing at safety or LB, but the guys I liked just weren't available at the spots I wanted to see them at. I'll fill with aging vets for now.

PFN_Draft_result_1713127950526.png

Here's my latest mock. This one seems the most updated regarding player rankings and where guys are most likely to slot. For example, I see Hall as a late riser, and so does this site. That's also why Sweat was available in the fourth round. While he's risky, for me personally, I'd take him there and cross my fingers. I would not be shocked at all if he's there at 123 and the Texans pass. Two TE's is a bit unusual, but I like them both for different reasons and now you've got excellent depth with different skill sets. Quinton T is probably on the outside looking in if this happened. Nothing at safety or LB, but the guys I liked just weren't available at the spots I wanted to see them at. I'll fill with aging vets for now.

View attachment 13960
Honestly pretty solid. Sweat in the 4th would be great even if they only use him on 1st down and short yardage situations.

Back