Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2024 Free Agency

"It's fun to have those [high] expectations," Cal McNair said. "We embrace them. Basically, we're starting a new season, putting a new team together with DeMeco, and they're starting from scratch. So it's exciting, but we got a lot of work to do."
"I want to upgrade our entire team and continue to get better, and I think that's what you have to do each and every year," Ryans said. "So every year we'll be trying to upgrade, we'll try to get better and try to find guys that help our team."

Let's recap what Caserio did with this Cleveland 1st round pick (23):

He traded pick #23 for: S. Diggs, pick #42, Minnesota's 6th, Buffalo's 5th, Buffalo's 6th.

Anybody got a problem with that value?
I'm sure some posters will have an issue.

Diggs! Add Diggs to this WR room, and now your talking about a big time move on offense…more than Mixon.. We already know they went hard after Allen, so they are on the hunt for a vet star WR. We also know Diggs wants out of Buffalo and the Texans have already been linked to Diggs.

Put 2+2 together guys. This isn’t rocket science. They are working on bringing Diggs here and signing an extension.

Y'all will eventually listen to me lmao. The writing was on the wall. I got lucky on this one. Well, not Lucky the guy with the screen name. Wait - Squirrel!

"It's fun to have those [high] expectations," Cal McNair said. "We embrace them. Basically, we're starting a new season, putting a new team together with DeMeco, and they're starting from scratch. So it's exciting, but we got a lot of work to do."
"I want to upgrade our entire team and continue to get better, and I think that's what you have to do each and every year," Ryans said. "So every year we'll be trying to upgrade, we'll try to get better and try to find guys that help our team."
What a difference a quality QB can make...

Last edited:
I think you are right - Texans went after a prime RB piece and missed out on SB, but still got a great piece in Mixon.
Add to this the word out there suggests they were in on Keenan Allen and missed out so they are obviously still in on a WR.
Texans are obviously trying to boost both sides of the ball so I suspect we will yet see a vet WR brought in here. This would also free up a draft pick for something else.
Just wondering on your thoughts about a vet LG or RT? With the problems still evident on the line, it might be wise to bring in a vet RT that can swing inside to Guard - just in case...
We could do with a decent replacement for Malik Collins.
:bubble::tiphat:

So the Texans wanted Barkley and Allen. Missed on both, were determined to add two playmakers anyways. So they added Mixon and Diggs. Wow they wasn’t going to be denied.

Caserio has said in previous interviews he does not lock in on one specific player. The team ranks players in clusters and if they miss on option one they move to the next guy.

This has become more clear with how the offseason has unfolded. People were upset they weren’t spending big day 1 of free agency. Meanwhile river boat Nick was processing the moves on the chess board. Getting the front 7 upgrades, initiating trades with Vikings and Bengals. Miss on some, but have a contingency plan lined up. That’s our GM!

Hmmm, I might change it to. But then I'd be copying you, who copied me. I've had my Mr. Koolaid one for years. (It's patent pending.) But if it won't confuse people, I guess we could both have it. Ok sold! Wait, you weren't selling me. I was selling myself. I'm so confused now.
:wesmantexanfan:

Fatukasi with late draft selection like Khristian Boyd

Or

Fatukasi with late draft selection like Khristian Boyd

Or

I’d add DT- Jamree Kromah (James Madison- 2 yrs via Rutgers- 3 yrs) to that mix. 6-4 @ 278 lbs….finished 2023 with 10 Sacks as a DT. He should be on the board come RD6 or RD7.

I am thinking he could be an undrafted free agent. Nick does pretty good with those guys also.

Steelers Depot thinks he’d be a fit for their defense in RD6. I’d throw a RD6 or RD7 at him versus competing with other teams for his services should he fall into UDFA pool of players.

Interesting read on CB contracts this offseason:

I suspect Steven Nelson is angling for a contract similar to the deal Chidobe Awuzie signed with the Titans. 3 yrs/36 million 19 million guaranteed.

Nelson has outperformed Awuzie but he’s two years older. He will probably sign somewhere post draft, but I doubt a team will make more than a 1 year commitment to him given his age.

As a side note: I am happy the Titans are overpaying non difference makers like Awuzie, Tony Pollard and Calvin Ridley in free agency.

My preference, would be trading with the Carolina Panthers, for Derrick Brown, DT. He’s proven NFL product, dominant 3 down run defender, still young going into final year of rookie contract. Plug & play, difference maker for DeMeco DL.
Have the Panthers bit the bullet & accepted they're in rebuild mode? Or do they think they are retooling?

Mine would be to get a vet CB like Jackson in here to lend some experience to the secondary as I don't trust rookie CBs as much as I do a rookie DT.

We've got plenty of experience in the CB room. Sting, Henderson, Okada, Bryant... & you still want more experience?

Interesting read on CB contracts this offseason:

I suspect Steven Nelson is angling for a contract similar to the deal Chidobe Awuzie signed with the Titans. 3 yrs/36 million 19 million guaranteed.

Nelson has outperformed Awuzie but he’s two years older. He will probably sign somewhere post draft, but I doubt a team will make more than a 1 year commitment to him given his age.

As a side note: I am happy the Titans are overpaying non difference makers like Awuzie, Tony Pollard and Calvin Ridley in free agency.
Good read, very informative. Thanks for sharing it .

“A couple of weeks back, the Texans went to the Vikings to initiate a trade to get out of the first round,” Schefter said. “Everybody assumed it was the Vikings so they can go up and get a quarterback. But it was the Texans so they could be in a position to make a trade, like they did on Wednesday, for Stefon Diggs.”

for those following at home
1) Trade out of the 1st round
2) manipulate the salary cap from a couple of OLmen
3) Trade for Diggs

Back