Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2024 Draft Prospects

BullRushTX

To'oTo'o A'go-go
Way too early? Of course. But let's post some prospects we're keeping an eye on. Obviously, the OSU WRs are projected to be great. I'm interested in seeing how Johnny Wilson from FSU develops. He's huge at 6'7" and 235 lbs, appears to have good (not great) speed, strong hands, wide catch radius, decent agility, and he's difficult to bring down:

Positionally, I’m looking at TE, WR, and DT. Hopefully I have more time to devote to watching college ball than I have for the last several years.
Right now, it looks like WR will be a deep position in the draft. DT - I'll have to watch a lot of film on those guys, but it looks like there are a few interesting prospects coming out next year. TE - Bowers is considered far and away the top TE. Brevyn Spann-Ford looks promising. 6'7", 270 lbs, good athleticism, good hands, deep threat, willing blocker.

WR1, RT, and LB could be the biggest priority positions going into the 2024 NFL Draft.

My biggest concern would be RT where I've had reservations regarding Howard's potential success. Also, not certain if Nico can stay on the field for 16 games as WR1.

WR1, RT, and LB could be the biggest priority positions going into the 2024 NFL Draft.

My biggest concern would be RT where I've had reservations regarding Howard's potential success. Also, not certain if Nico can stay on the field for 16 games as WR1.
It’s a toss up on whether or now we’d resign Howard or not so RT definitely could be a possibility. I don’t think that Collins is a WR1, so that’s the other position of need. I’d also consider another CB to pair with Stingley.

Howard had almost same PFF that Mason did who now has 4 years with us.

Just saying..
I just posted elsewhere I expect him to be extended BUT hopefully not until mid-season.

KAM is a top 5 pick and wouldn't be anywhere near the Texans (CLE Pick) expected draft slot.
He could potentially be available. I’m of the mindset that CLE won’t be as good as everyone is expecting (8-15 draft slot). If the QB class is as good as everyone is thinking next year, it would push other positions down the board and right into our hands.

He could potentially be available. I’m of the mindset that CLE won’t be as good as everyone is expecting (8-15 draft slot). If the QB class is as good as everyone is thinking next year, it would push other positions down the board and right into our hands.
My guess is that the Browns will finish 3rd or 4th in the AFC North, so I think that 8-15 range sounds about right.

It would be a difficult position for NC and company if a top QB somehow lands at their pick and their guy they desperately want is the one after that.
I imagine there would be some frantic phone calls happening behind the scenes for a trade.
If we pick top 5 next year, we could find ourselves in a similar position to Arizona this year.
Personally, I think we pick in the #12 - #16 range.

If you are talking WR and Marvin Harrison Jr. isn't at the top of that list, you clearly have not watched him.
He defines the saying, "Men among boys" and "Generational talent", which I don't use nearly as often as the talking heads.
His father obviously spent a lot of time letting him know the in's and out's of being a WR as well.

Look at the comments from the Ohio State pro day, where Harrison was running routes for Stroud.
- “I caught myself watching Harrison today — and not the guys I should have been watching”. “He’s not pretty good. He’s comically good.”
- “I don’t know, Harrison is so good, I can probably just skip pro day here next year. I think we all saw enough today.”

I don't think that's my Buckeye homerism coming through either. The kid is truly a beast.
Other players? You mean other Buckeyes?

Ok, that last part was homerish. A little... maybe.
Sorry, I just love my Buckeyes !!

If you are talking WR and Marvin Harrison Jr. isn't at the top of that list, you clearly have not watched him.
He defines the saying, "Men among boys" and "Generational talent", which I don't use nearly as often as the talking heads.
His father obviously spent a lot of time letting him know the in's and out's of being a WR as well.

Look at the comments from the Ohio State pro day, where Harrison was running routes for Stroud.
- “I caught myself watching Harrison today — and not the guys I should have been watching”. “He’s not pretty good. He’s comically good.”
- “I don’t know, Harrison is so good, I can probably just skip pro day here next year. I think we all saw enough today.”

I don't think that's my Buckeye homerism coming through either. The kid is truly a beast.
Other players? You mean other Buckeyes?

Ok, that last part was homerish. A little... maybe.
Sorry, I just love my Buckeyes !!
MHJ is by far the best WR prospect to come along in years. However, with the Browns pick, the Texans will probably be drafting somewhere between 8 and 20. I'd be shocked if he was still on the board when we pick.

Having the Browns completely fail this year would be optimal for a few reasons.
#1. I hate them.
#2. The higher the Texans pick the better.
#3. Pairing Stroud and MHJ again would be as epic as Burrow and Chase.

I realize your #1 might not be same as mine...
If the Texans somehow ended up with the top pick, I'd want them to draft MHJ. I think he'll have a HOF career.

Having the Browns completely fail this year would be optimal for a few reasons.
#1. I hate them.
Hate is a strong word. I actually am grateful to the Browns for taking Watson off our hands. Other than the draft pick they still owe, I'm ambivalent towards them. As a franchise over the years, I've largely ignored the Browns, other than the occasional laughter they have provided. I cheer for the Browns failure in 2023, but also expect it. Just not a well put together team. After that, I'll go back to the ignoring/laughing.

Hate is a strong word. I actually am grateful to the Browns for taking Watson off our hands. Other than the draft pick they still owe, I'm ambivalent towards them. As a franchise over the years, I've largely ignored the Browns, other than the occasional laughter they have provided. I cheer for the Browns failure in 2023, but also expect it. Just not a well put together team. After that, I'll go back to the ignoring/laughing.
Yup, if it were not for the draft pick I would not even care or watch them.
It has been enough to watch my own team spiral out of control.

For him. the Browns are like the Colts for us

MHJ is by far the best WR prospect to come along in years. However, with the Browns pick, the Texans will probably be drafting somewhere between 8 and 20. I'd be shocked if he was still on the board when we pick.

MHJ wont be available when the Texans are picking. I still think he falls to 1-3. Two teams will take QB's with the 1st two picks.

How do you rank Chase vs MHJ coming out of college?

Aren't you special.

No mention of them not only wanting a sexual predator being the leader of their team, but attempting to change the structure of the NFL.

MHJ wont be available when the Texans are picking. I still think he falls to 1-3. Two teams will take QB's with the 1st two picks.

I'm higher on MHJ than I was on Chase. Of course, both Chase and Jefferson were outstanding talents coming out of LSU.

Last edited:

I'll add this. Before I started watching him, I assumed people were talking him up because his dad is Marvin Harrison. After watching him, I think he might end up being better than his dad. So, no hate for Cleveland, but I hope they go 0-17.

I'll add this. Before I started watching him, I assumed people were talking him up because his dad is Marvin Harrison. After watching him, I think he might end up being better than his dad. So, no hate for Cleveland, but I hope they go 0-17.
kid is the real deal and at this point, much better than papa was at this point in his career. WR next draft should be much better so I was glad on holding off on getting one of the top ones this year. JSN will be injured, Quentin Johnson not very explosive, etc.

Back