Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2024 draft prospects - videos, articles.

This guy is one of only two LBs rising up the boards.
Nathaniel Watson Miss St. 6'2" 233lbs.
Has prototypical size and excellent measurables.
Led the SEC with 137 tackles and 10 sacks in '23.
May be available around the #150-170 mark.
Amazing workhorse and very good athlete.

He also played very well at the Sr, Bowl.

This guy is intriguing.
6'1" 212lbs 4:43 40.
Had 41 receptions for 721 and 6 TDs at 17.6 per.
Biggest flaw is his route running needs work and he sometimes lets the ball into his pads.

If Watson is there at 4-123 then he would be my choice. However if Mustafa was there it would be a very difficult choice.

He doesn't have the stats, but this kid does it all - a deep threat, plays on both sides of the field, runs slants and crossers and even out of the backfield.
Considering we don't need a #1 WR because we have Collins and Tank, Johnson would be a fine addition to bring along.
From nfldraftbuzz.com -
  • Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
He should be available around #188, or make a small move up.
Roman Wilson was his teammate.

Last edited:
He doesn't have the stats, but this kid does it all - a deep threat, plays on both sides of the field, runs slants and crossers and even out of the backfield.
Considering we don't need a #1 WR because we have Collins and Tank, Johnson would be a fine addition to bring along.
From nfldraftbuzz.com -
  • Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.

I like him in that range. He has the traits/talent/temperament to be successful in the league and would get drafted higher if he played in a more passing focused offense.

But as a three year starter at Michigan we know he will do the dirty work to make the running game successful. Profiles as a plus special teamer as well. Could see him having a Noah Brown type career arc.

I like him in that range. He has the traits/talent/temperament to be successful in the league and would get drafted higher if he played in a more passing focused offense.

But as a three year starter at Michigan we know he will do the dirty work to make the running game successful. Profiles as a plus special teamer as well. Could see him having a Noah Brown type career arc.
I don't think it would be beyond the realms of possibilities that he would have a better year than Robert Woods for example.

I don't think it would be beyond the realms of possibilities that he would have a better year than Robert Woods for example.

I don’t see that happening year 1. It’s easy to get sucked into that line of thinking during draft season but Woods is a vet and that counts for something.

I see Johnson having an honest camp competition for Xavier Hutchinson’s roster spot. Difference between the two is Hutch was the focal point of his offense and got the numbers whereas I suspect Johnson is more developed in the little things that imo are more important for a backup NFL WR (run blocking for example).

Their makeup is very similar and Johnson got several opportunities at Michigan on reverse runs, just like Hutchinson did here in year one.

Another day 3 target I like is Anthony Gould. Go ahead and draft both then you’ve got the Nico/Tank clones to develop. If Ben Mcdaniels could develop them to that level then he’ll be getting promoted sooner than later!

From nfldraftbuzz.com -
They dont need a WR1 this yr, but drafting a future WR1 would be a wise thing to do because

1. The better the WR the more successful Stroud will be.

2. If Ryans/Caserio decide to not re-sign Collins then a WR1 will be a huge need. Drafting a WR1 helps now and in the future. Win-Win

BTW, I like Johnson in the 6th along with drafting a WR1.

They dont need a WR1 this yr, but drafting a future WR1 would be a wise thing to do because

1. The better the WR the more successful Stroud will be.

2. If Ryans/Caserio decide to not re-sign Collins then a WR1 will be a huge need. Drafting a WR1 helps now and in the future. Win-Win

BTW, I like Johnson in the 6th along with drafting a WR1.

I want to see the Texans go after an amazing complimentary receiver to join Nico and Tank. They could accomplish this via free agency or the draft. Tyler Boyd would be a nice option in free agency since only takes a contract and money…..not really down with trading for one. Boyd as a SWR would be a massive asset for CJ. I’ve been saying the same regarding Luke McCaffrey (Rice). McCaffrey would be an awesome complimentary piece from the draft b/c he has the size, speed, and toughness to do the SWR position right.

So, give me the following:

UFA- WR Tyler Boyd (CIN)
-or-
RD4-127 Luke McCaffrey (Rice)
-and-
RD7-238 Anthony Gould (Oregon State)

Adding two of these three probably makes John Metchie III expendable. I have a feeling Metchie could be packaged with pick(s) in a deal to the Panthers for DT- Derrick Brown. I have a feeling Bryce Young wouldn’t mind having one of his Crimson Tide weapons with his offense.

I want to see the Texans go after an amazing complimentary receiver to join Nico and Tank. They could accomplish this via free agency or the draft. Tyler Boyd would be a nice option in free agency since only takes a contract and money…..not really down with trading for one. Boyd as a SWR would be a massive asset for CJ. I’ve been saying the same regarding Luke McCaffrey (Rice). McCaffrey would be an awesome complimentary piece from the draft b/c he has the size, speed, and toughness to do the SWR position right.

UFA- WR Tyler Boyd (CIN)
-or-
-and-

Adding two of these three probably makes John Metchie III expendable. I have a feeling Metchie could be packaged with pick(s) in a deal to the Panthers for DT- Derrick Brown. I have a feeling Bryce Young wouldn’t mind having one of his Crimson Tide weapons with his offense.

I'm looking at guys like McConkey/Pearsall/Legette in rd 2. Or Malik Washington/Burton/McCaffrey in rd 4.

UFA- WR Tyler Boyd (CIN)
-or-
-and-

I've got Polk going late 3rd. But I can see why you like him, I'm not sure he's a lesser Collins. They have a similar skill set, although Polk isn't as good as Collins IMHO.

I've got Polk going late 3rd. But I can see why you like him, I'm not sure he's a lesser Collins. They have a similar skill set, although Polk isn't as good as Collins IMHO.
Not yet, but Nico was only average until CJ arrived and had two years behind him.

Not as fast as Nico. My preference is to have receivers with different skillsets or have a guy like Tank or McConkey that can play anywhere.

For me, McConkey and McCaffrey are cut from the same cloth. The biggest difference, one played for the Georgia machine and the other with Rice. Maybe McCaffrey puts up similar numbers if he’s playing in a Georgia offense.

For me, McConkey and McCaffrey are cut from the same cloth. The biggest difference, one played for the Georgia machine and the other with Rice. Maybe McCaffrey puts up similar numbers if he’s playing in a Georgia offense.
I do like the idea of McCaffrey - biggish target that plays the slot a lot and also spent time throwing the ball. Could make for some interesting plays for Slowik to dream up.
His play would likely be elevated with NFL caliber coaching and CJ throwing the ball to him

McCaffrey 6'2 195

McConkey 5'11 184

Too much attention is paid to a few tenths of a second here or there.
Arian Foster was 4.65.
Wut? .01 =~ 3.2 inches and .10 32 inches at top speed. Players like Brenden Rice and Jermaine Burton may disagree. Of course, other things matter like first 10 yards; burst off LOS, agility. You think Arian didn't want 4.4 speed?

Wut? .01 =~ 3.2 inches and .10 32 inches at top speed. Players like Brenden Rice and Jermaine Burton may disagree. Of course, other things matter like first 10 yards; burst off LOS, agility. You think Arian didn't want 4.4 speed?
You missed my point - Arian didn't need to be that fast.
His vision and subtle moves were his weapons of success.

Correct, but speed was the topic here.
WRs also rely on cuts and route running for their success if they don't have burner speed - not everyone is blessed with that.
And that is why it is important. One can be successful as was Foster but IMO, everything should be looked at. A burner like Worthy at 4.21 has the speed but as you indicated may not have the skills to hold on to the ball after he gets downfield past everyone. He does have a history I understand of drops. So, 40 time and vertical and burst and hip swivel and knee bend and other such things all should be looked at. One may not rule a player out, yet it is something to be considered.
I'm looking at this draft in a different way than those in rear view mirror.

And that is why it is important. One can be successful as was Foster but IMO, everything should be looked at. A burner like Worthy at 4.21 has the speed but as you indicated may not have the skills to hold on to the ball after he gets downfield past everyone. He does have a history I understand of drops. So, 40 time and vertical and burst and hip swivel and knee bend and other such things all should be looked at. One may not rule a player out, yet it is something to be considered.
I'm looking at this draft in a different way than those in rear view mirror.
Worthy's drops happened 2 yrs ago, mainly due to playing with a broken hand. I see Worthy as a Hollywood Brown typeWR in the NFL.

Worthy's drops happened 2 yrs ago, mainly due to playing with a broken hand. I see Worthy as a Hollywood Brown typeWR in the NFL.
His most notable ones were in 2022. Out of 119 targets in 2023 he still had 6% drops which compared to the 10% [113 targets] in 2022 is definitely better. I think most people are focused on the three he dropped in the Alamo Bowl in 2023 two of which were consecutive. As you said he was playing with a broken hand. Also one of the two consecutive drops, in my opinion was questionable if he could have caught it.
As someone else pointed out earlier, he will not have Ewers tossing to him in Houston if he comes here. I'm all for the guy.
Give me Derek Brown and

2.42 Worthy
2.59 Legette

3.86 Khyree Jackson

4.123 Brenden Rice
4.127 Jaylen Wright

6.188 best LB

I be giggly!

Last edited:
Smaller than Tank Dell.
We already have a small guy even though Worthy does have plenty of value.
I would prefer someone able to fight in the bump and grind of the slot routes.

Smaller than Tank Dell.
We already have a small guy even though Worthy does have plenty of value.
I would prefer someone able to fight in the bump and grind of the slot routes.
To clarify, both weighed the same at combine with Dell being 5 ft 8 and Worthy 5'11. I think Tank looks bulkier because of his shorter size at the same weight. Interestingly, Worthy maybe drafted on his birthday April 27th. He turns 21.

After the Buffalo trade for Diggs, Texans now have:-
#160*
#204? ( Buff has 3 6ths)
Plus the 7ths.
Unsure if we have their 5th.

Back