Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2024 draft prospects - videos, articles.

Who are your prospects you are looking at who did not win the underwear olympics?

I’m a huge fan of Nubin. Best safety in the draft and would love to have him at 42 or preferably further down if teams are silly enough to pass on him.

Darius Robinson is another player i’d love to add to this team. Although I think they’ve got his role covered between Autry, Barnett and Edwards.

I disagree with Ja’Tavion Sanders being on this list. Other than the 40 time he’s basically a Sam Laporta clone, who people thought tested great last draft season. But i’ll take him at 2.59!

Reactions: JB
Who are your prospects you are looking at who did not win the underwear olympics?

I’m a huge fan of Nubin. Best safety in the draft and would love to have him at 42 or preferably further down if teams are silly enough to pass on him.

Darius Robinson is another player i’d love to add to this team. Although I think they’ve got his role covered between Autry, Barnett and Edwards.

I disagree with Ja’Tavion Sanders being on this list. Other than the 40 time he’s basically a Sam Laporta clone, who people thought tested great last draft season. But i’ll take him at 2.59!

Did Nubian test? Never saw the numbers.

I love Nubin! I just don’t know if we’ll draft a S in the 2nd. I totally would take him, but it’d also depend on what other positions/players are there.

I disagree on your comparison of LaPorta and Sanders. I think they’re different players. LaPorta was a more well rounded TE.

I love Nubin! I just don’t know if we’ll draft a S in the 2nd. I totally would take him, but it’d also depend on what other positions/players are there.

I disagree on your comparison of LaPorta and Sanders. I think they’re different players. LaPorta was a more well rounded TE.
I think Nubin might be a sound idea - if you forego taking a CB high in this year's draft and take the best Safety, he can help that D backfield.
Sure, he's a rookie and may take several games to get up to speed but you still have some savvy vets in Stingley, Pitre, Henderson and Okuda to help bring him along.
You can always take a flyer on the CB in the mid to lower rounds and see what you end up with.
The other thing to think of here, is that Okuda or Henderson may also suit that Safety role - this then allows you to take your CB up high and that may have been the intention bringing in those two - put the best one at CB, and the other at Safety.

If I’m Caserio, trading back and gaining a couple of additional picks inside 85 and 105 would still make a lot of sense.

If he was up front about his partying, then it makes me question whether his weight will become more of an issue when he has more $ to spend at parties.

He’s still not my first choice at DT. If DeMeco thinks he can fix the concerns then I’ll support the decision, but I still have concerns.
Who cares as long as he's able to help control the LOS. Nobody should care if he has a drinking problem. What they should care about is on the Texans 12 yd line it's 3rd and 2. Can Sweat help stop Taylor from picking up a 1st down. That's all that really should matter.

Who cares as long as he's able to help control the LOS. Nobody should care if he has a drinking problem. What they should care about is on the Texans 12 yd line it's 3rd and 2. Can Sweat help stop Taylor from picking up a 1st down. That's all that really should matter.
I would care if the guy was out partying the night before a game and ended up being sluggish on the field. That’s just my preference. You don’t have to like it if he’s your guy. I just don’t have him as my top choice.

The way these Mock’s have been landing….if the Texans choices are DT- Sweat (Texas) or LB- Wilson (S Carolina) at 42……who would you roll the dice?

I would care if the guy was out partying the night before a game and ended up being sluggish on the field. That’s just my preference. You don’t have to like it if he’s your guy. I just don’t have him as my top choice.
His play in college doesn't reflect this to be a problem.

I've backed off on Sweat. Wouldn't be torn up if they picked him, but I don't think he's a good fit based on the dwi, partying stuff and his playing shape.

I was burned on Louis Nix and I'd rather not go that route again with a guy who's off field stuff affects their on field effectiveness.

Maybe I could look past some of the stuff, but in combination I'm just no longer a fan of him at 42 or 59.

And when I look at these defensive players I try to keep in mind that Demeco wants a unit full of guys who "Swarm" to the ball and Tvondre just doesn't fit that IMO. He doesn't show relentless pursuit to begin with and after a few plays basically anything outside his arms reach is not happening.

I'd rather take BPA at 42 and see if we can get a guy like Fiske at 59.

He also didn’t have a multimillion dollar contract to play with. Doesn’t mean it wouldn’t happen.
Alcoholism has very little to do with having or not having money. He hasn't had any issues in college until now and if you've been down on 6th Street there's a 4 day party every week starting on Wednesday. I'm not worried about him getting in trouble again. One question I would ask him is after this happened to him, if my team drafted him high in the draft will be use Uber or get a driver for the rest of his career and if his answer is yes then I would spend a high pick on him.

I've backed off on Sweat. Wouldn't be torn up if they picked him, but I don't think he's a good fit based on the dwi, partying stuff and his playing shape.

I was burned on Louis Nix and I'd rather not go that route again with a guy who's off field stuff affects their on field effectiveness.

Maybe I could look past some of the stuff, but in combination I'm just no longer a fan of him at 42 or 59.

And when I look at these defensive players I try to keep in mind that Demeco wants a unit full of guys who "Swarm" to the ball and Tvondre just doesn't fit that IMO. He doesn't show relentless pursuit to begin with and after a few plays basically anything outside his arms reach is not happening.

You probably will have to draft Fiske at 2-42. I'm more a long the lines of drafting BPA at 2-42 and Hall Jr at 2-59. Dude's undersized but he's a player. Fits Ryans swarm mentality to a T.

Now you've really got me scared with the Louis Nix comp.

Houston Texans
Top picks:
Nos. 42, 58, 86
The Texans no longer have a first-rounder, but they do have two Round 2 selections. How can they get an "A" grade on Day 2?
Finding playmakers at defensive tackle or cornerback would give them an "A" grade. The Texans' overall roster has few holes after spending almost $170 million in guarantee money since the start of the new league year. Still, their cornerback and defensive tackle rooms could use talent on a rookie deal to develop long-term. As of right now, both spots have plenty of guys on one-year deals. -- DJ Bien-Aime

What we're hearing about the Texans' draft: Defensive tackle comes up a lot when speaking to sources about the Texans' draft plans. Adding depth to that defensive line has been a major point of emphasis, and I expect that to continue during the draft. The Texans should be right in target range for many of the DTs to start coming off the board. Kris Jenkins (Michigan) and Michael Hall Jr. (Ohio State) check many of Houston's boxes, and Mekhi Wingo (LSU) is a name to watch if the Texans opt to wait until Day 3. -- Reid

I haven't seen any linkage with the Texans, but TCU's OL Brandon Coleman seems like a very good fit in Houston.

Coleman was late to football, growing up an Army brat in Germany. Came back with his father to the U.S. as a AAU basketball player but gravitated to football in HS at 16. Played both LT and LG at TCU (LT vs Michigan and Georgia in the 2022 playoffs). I think he's a good fit for the Texans playing swing OT and maybe a future starting LG. Caserio has found players in his trips to Ft. Worth before.

I haven't seen any linkage with the Texans, but TCU's OL Brandon Coleman seems like a very good fit in Houston.

Coleman was late to football, growing up an Army brat in Germany. Came back with his father to the U.S. as a AAU basketball player but gravitated to football in HS at 16. Played both LT and LG at TCU (LT vs Michigan and Georgia in the 2022 playoffs). I think he's a good fit for the Texans playing swing OT and maybe a future starting LG. Caserio has found players in his trips to Ft. Worth before.
I had Coleman in a few of my mocks after the Sr. Bowl. He impressed me in the game. They ran behind him a lot.

I really like Coleman and Mark Perry in the 4-5th rd range.

2023 team captain as well…

If the Texans wanted to add a future replacement for QB- Davis Mills…..check out the guy I just stumbled across while reading an article. QB- Darius Richard (North Carolina Central University / HBCU) stands 6-3 @ 220 lbs and clocked in at an exact 4.5-40 when last tested. He has a big arm….to the tune of being able to put the ball 60 yards in the air. He’s also a solid running QB when needed.

Based on his coaches and teammates, he’s a coach on the field with a fast read analytical mind for the position. He’s very aware within the pocket and has the legs to escape danger and make defenses pay. Left HS with a 4.0 GPA and will be leaving NCCU as an Academic All District student/athlete.

He suffered a dislocated ankle during his last game. The good news, it was put back in place and required zero surgeries. He’s healing and would be on schedule to participate in NFL camps.

He’s been viewed as potentially a RD6 or RD7 prospect, but his ankle injury could see him drop into being a UDFA prospect. If this were to happen, wouldn’t mind seeing Caserio snag this guy and let the coaching staff develop him.

If the Texans wanted to add a future replacement for QB- Davis Mills…..check out the guy I just stumbled across while reading an article. QB- Darius Richard (North Carolina Central University / HBCU) stands 6-3 @ 220 lbs and clocked in at an exact 4.5-40 when last tested. He has a big arm….to the tune of being able to put the ball 60 yards in the air. He’s also a solid running QB when needed.

Based on his coaches and teammates, he’s a coach on the field with a fast read analytical mind for the position. He’s very aware within the pocket and has the legs to escape danger and make defenses pay. Left HS with a 4.0 GPA and will be leaving NCCU as an Academic All District student/athlete.

He suffered a dislocated ankle during his last game. The good news, it was put back in place and required zero surgeries. He’s healing and would be on schedule to participate in NFL camps.

He’s been viewed as potentially a RD6 or RD7 prospect, but his ankle injury could see him drop into being a UDFA prospect. If this were to happen, wouldn’t mind seeing Caserio snag this guy and let the coaching staff develop him.
These are the type of guys you burn those 7ths on.

Back