Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2023 Senior Bowl

If you were able to slow down the play, and focus on the Defensive guys, you would have seen some pretty good play. While watching the offense, it's really hard for me to catch the names and schools of the defensive players.
The Senior Bowl website didn't put jersey numbers next to the players names. Unless you could recognize the guy from his helmet, it was tough to figure out who the interior guys were. How hard is it to figure this stuff out?

Reactions: JB
I'm sure we're all into passing on a franchise QB and taking interior linemen top 15 pick again, but could be wrong :koolaid:

If Bagent gets drafted, it'll be in the 7th round. He'll most likely be an UDFA.
Putting QBs in perspective to the draft, 55 have been drafted in the past 5 drafts, 11/year. A high of 13 in 2018 and a low of 9 in 2022. Of those 55 QBs, 42 have started at least one game in the NFL. Including 7 of the 9 QBs taken last year. QB is rarely a wasted pick.

There are rumblings about a mandatory 3rd QB on game day rosters. That could bump up the amount of drafted QBs. If so, I could see as many as 15 drafted, with maybe 10 going day 3.

Putting QBs in perspective to the draft, 55 have been drafted in the past 5 drafts, 11/year. A high of 13 in 2018 and a low of 9 in 2022. Of those 55 QBs, 42 have started at least one game in the NFL. Including 7 of the 9 QBs taken last year. QB is rarely a wasted pick.

There are rumblings about a mandatory 3rd QB on game day rosters. That could bump up the amount of drafted QBs. If so, I could see as many as 15 drafted, with maybe 10 going day 3.
Could be happening after what happened in the championship game with the 49ers

I'm sure we're all into passing on a franchise QB and taking interior linemen top 15 pick again, but could be wrong :koolaid:
If there was only a franchise QB.

Fix the trenches, then add the franchise QB in a better QB draft.

Would you feel better if Ryan's went with Anderson at 1-2 and wr at 1-12, then drafted Mauch or Schmitz at 2-32?

You could do worse than taking O'Cyrus Torrence in the top 15. He's a bad man.

Fn0UTabWIB0LkIx

I like Torrence, but man, Cody Mauch can play any position on the OLine, and do it well. If Mauch makes it to us in the 2nd round, I'm all for taking him.
I think he might be going in the back of the 1st. Question is: would you be willing to trade into the 1st to get him?

I like Torrence, but man, Cody Mauch can play any position on the OLine, and do it well. If Mauch makes it to us in the 2nd round, I'm all for taking him.
Check out how highly I think of Mauch in my mock in the mock draft section and give me your thoughts.

Mauch is probably going to be a solid player. But I'm concerned about how much ND State alum Dillon Radunz has struggled in the pros. Same build, played the same position. Not top notch competition. Top of the 2nd is too rich for a small school OT that will have to kick inside in the NFL.

I do think Mauch's versatility will put him high in Bill O'Brien's opinion. Looks like a Patriot to me.

Ivan Pace has crazy talent, but 5'10" and what? 230 lbs? That's super undersized for a LB.

I like how Michael Wilson looked, but those injuries are a concern. Would be worth a late round flyer.

If there was only a franchise QB.

Fix the trenches, then add the franchise QB in a better QB draft.

Would you feel better if Ryan's went with Anderson at 1-2 and wr at 1-12, then drafted Mauch or Schmitz at 2-32?
I agree with you. You don't need a world beater to run the WCO. You need a great line and skill players. You need a smart QB. I do think we need to bring in some competition for Mills this year, but he can run a WCO this year. Build the trenches and skill players. Draft a QB next year then you have Mills as a very good backup QB

Back