Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2023 NFL Draft Order

Man that's a lot of typing to post Foxboro hate. If Miller for a 5th is the worst Caserio does the Texans are in good shape.The rest we've already talked about, the McNair's hire the HC's and always have. No Cal didn't want McCown to be the HC, neither did Caserio. Janice/Easterby did and Caserio did what employees who just signed 36 million dollar contracts do, what the boss wants. If Cal hadn't talked Janice out of McCown then McCown would be the HC. Lovie was Cal's fallback plan. Caserio said Gannon was his guy and that got vetoed. The fact that you think that Caserio wanted to hire Culley/Lovie is laughable.

Hopefully Cal has learned and for the 1st time in franchise history the McNair's let their GM hire the HC of his choosing. Until this happens you can expect more dysfunction.

BTW, I have been critical of Caserio bringing in DJ/re-signing Murray/ he didn't draft like I wanted him too last draft etc...

I just believe in giving Caserio a chance to make the picks he got from the Derrick trade. Speaking of Derrick, I don't believe in trading within division.
Its not Foxboro hate, its just facts. Judge and the Dc were both canned. Most of those guys who tried to do the Patriot way failed miserably. Know why? You can't duplicate a genius and the Goat. You really think Janice was lining up coaching candidates ? C'mon bro, that was Caserio and Jack. Mostly because Caserio wanted to choose the staff of the coach vs guys choosing their own. Then when it goes to hell and handbasket, its difference in philosophy. What philosophy did Culley have when he was basically repeating everything Jack and Nick were telling him. Media ask about Watson and he's a parrot. Again, I have no problem with your support of Caserio, I'm just not down acting like he's a damsel in distress or woe is me. He's a big part of this show. He had 10 picks this past draft and drafted what 5 players. This team needed all 10 young fresh legs on this roster. Those late draft picks that were given away, those were young player spots also. Look at how many guys start that are drafted in the 4,5,6,and 7th rds right now. You talked about how deep this draft was,yet, picks were given away. Can't have it both ways.

The QB situation wasn't addressed last year, supposedly, because this QB class is so hyped. Zero percent chance that the team goes into a third-straight year of not having an NFL-level QB. Caserio is gone if he has a repeat of this year, he's going QB.

The two biggest holes are QB and WR, no reason not to take care of both with the 1st overall and a top 10 pick.
Agreed

I would also add center and DL to the list.

If you want long term success draft to the strengths of the draft.

Its not Foxboro hate, its just facts. Judge and the Dc were both canned. Most of those guys who tried to do the Patriot way failed miserably. Know why? You can't duplicate a genius and the Goat. You really think Janice was lining up coaching candidates ? C'mon bro, that was Caserio and Jack. Mostly because Caserio wanted to choose the staff of the coach vs guys choosing their own. Then when it goes to hell and handbasket, its difference in philosophy. What philosophy did Culley have when he was basically repeating everything Jack and Nick were telling him. Media ask about Watson and he's a parrot. Again, I have no problem with your support of Caserio, I'm just not down acting like he's a damsel in distress or woe is me. He's a big part of this show. He had 10 picks this past draft and drafted what 5 players. This team needed all 10 young fresh legs on this roster. Those late draft picks that were given away, those were young player spots also. Look at how many guys start that are drafted in the 4,5,6,and 7th rds right now. You talked about how deep this draft was,yet, picks were given away. Can't have it both ways.
Can you explain the difference between Foxboro hate and Clemson hate?

You know whats odd? Last year, it was about Stroud and Young, but when it comes time to make a choice, now its about Williams and whoever else. Every year, its going to be someone else at qb. Just evaluate the guys and make the best guy at qb.
When was the last time the consensus #1 QB was actually the consensus #1 QB at this time of year?

I know there was Trevor Lawrence & Kyler Murray (which I thought was a mistake). But a lot is going to change between now & draft day.

Can you explain the difference between Foxboro hate and Clemson hate?
The gms from Tampa and Tennessee are from New England in some capacity, but they're not trying to copycat the patriots. I don't know the opinion of Clemson hate, because they've had some really good players who wasn't a problem.

When was the last time the consensus #1 QB was actually the consensus #1 QB at this time of year?

I know there was Trevor Lawrence & Kyler Murray (which I thought was a mistake). But a lot is going to change between now & draft day.

Joe Burrow
Andrew Luck
Cam Newton
Sam Bradford
Matt Stafford
JaMarcus Russell
Eli Manning
etc..

He's got a crazy value chart
Lol, forgot about that

He's living in the hate Caserio world and even made up his own chart to validate his feelings. People will go to extremes to prove they're correct even when they're not. I'm going to be quiet now because my true thoughts would get me banned.

@thunderkyss has a point regarding the RGIII draft deal.

Washington received the 2012 #2 overall pick (1.2) - Griffen.

The Rams received:
2012 1.6
2012 2.39
2013 1.22
2014 1.2

That was an outstanding return, including what turned out to be two top 6 picks. The Rams didn't do a lot with these picks, which led to Jeff Fisher getting the boot. But the opportunity was there.

@thunderkyss has a point regarding the RGIII draft deal.

Washington received the 2012 #2 overall pick (1.2) - Griffen.

The Rams received:
2012 1.6
2012 2.39
2013 1.22
2014 1.2

That was an outstanding return, including what turned out to be two top 6 picks. The Rams didn't do a lot with these picks, which led to Jeff Fisher getting the boot. But the opportunity was there.
OK,

My point stands, the 3rd best deal in NFL history under a much more difficult negotiating situation. SMH

The Texans received a great return because it was a valued player in the league. That's just how it is.
Are you saying that Caserio didn't have a more difficult negotiating position than the GM's in those other deals? You're underestimating the great job Caserio did under very difficult conditions. You know conditions like posible Criminal/Civil lawsuits and the fact that you're trying to get max value for a pervert. In addition to said pervert having a NTC.

I frankly was very surprised Caserio got what he did in trading the pervert and think he did a great job in handling the situation.

Now all of this comes down to is Caserio going to hit on the bounty of picks in those drafts? I liked Caserio's 1st draft (I would've gone in a different direction) and I'm hoping Cal shows patience and lets Caserio build out the roster how he sees fit. (Not drafting a QB this yr) If Caserio has 2 more drafts like the last draft and hits on his QB (Hopefully in 2024) The future will be bright.

Are you saying that Caserio didn't have a more difficult negotiating position than the GM's in those other deals?
I'm saying that he had a valuable commodity in a unique negotiation. He set a price, and four teams met it. Watson chose one of the 4. Not your everyday deal. But not something your average GM couldn't have accomplished. Don't overstate it.

I'm saying that he had a valuable commodity in a unique negotiation. He set a price, and four teams met it. Watson chose one of the 4. Not your everyday deal. But not something your average GM couldn't have accomplished. Don't overstate it.

You and I have a different definition on what an avg GM is.

The 3rd best trade in NFL history. Actually the 2nd best when a current NFL player is involved. (Griffen was a draft pick) and you think any old GM could've pulled off that trade. SMH

LMAO

The 2nd best trade for 1 active NFL player and you think any old GM could've pulled this off.

You've lost all objectivity and seeing how you've been with how you disagree with how Caserio's handled the cap (Currently Caserio has the 7th most cap space in the NFL, with the ability to create more if he needs it) this post doesn't surprise me at all.

Honest question because I dont remember, You didn't like the Caserio hire from the beginning?

I just explained it to you in a previous post. What is so difficult in reading this post?

What was the groundbreaking maneuver only the great GMs like Caserio could engineer?

It's very simple, we disagree in that you think any old GM in NFL HISTORY could've pulled that trade off. I dont

You didn't answer my question, you didn't want Caserio as GM from the beginning? Correct?

OK,

My point stands, the 3rd best deal in NFL history under a much more difficult negotiating situation. SMH
Your point keeps changing, and you're putting way too much hardship caused by the pervert business. NFL teams don't have your morals and indignation about Watson that you do

Your point keeps changing, and you're putting way too much hardship caused by the pervert business. NFL teams don't have your morals and indignation about Watson that you do

True, but this wasn't a normal situation.

It really surprised me that Caserio got as much in the trade as he did considering the situation. Example: do you think RS could've pulled off this trade. I dont. Things aren't as simple as some make it out to be.

Because Lucky didn't like the Caserio hire to begin with of course he's going to think that anybody could've made the 2nd best trade in NFL HISTORY and I disagree with that line of thinking. Not just anybody could've made the deal Caserio made.

I know that's what you believe and you're not going to change your mind. I'm just not sure why

So you believe anbody could've made the 2nd best trade in NFL history?

Just think about this, if it was that easy anybody could do it. Jimmy Johnson was just another guy I guess in Lucky's mind. After all anybody can make these types of trades.

Just think about this, if it was that easy anybody could do it. Jimmy Johnson was just another guy I guess in Lucky's mind. After all anybody can make these types of trades.
:D

I never said anything about what I thought

Again, it's not the 2nd best in NFL history, & it's not the 3rd.

I wanted Caserio from day 1, when Bob McNair went after him. But reality is what it is. Caserio has warts. I hope he out grows them. But if he doesn't, you'll come back to these points being identified today... & somehow make it sound you "knew it all along"

Lol, forgot about that

He's living in the hate Caserio world and even made up his own chart to validate his feelings. People will go to extremes to prove they're correct even when they're not. I'm going to be quiet now because my true thoughts would get me banned.
It's the same value chart you use when it suits your agenda.

Again, it's not the 2nd best in NFL history, & it's not the 3rd.

I wanted Caserio from day 1, when Bob McNair went after him. But reality is what it is. Caserio has warts. I hope he out grows them. But if he doesn't, you'll come back to these points being identified today... & somehow make it sound you "knew it all along"

What the heck are you talking about? I've questioned some of Caserio's moves and his draft philosophy was totally different than mine in the last draft. I've said this, I've also said Caserio deserves a fair chance to rebuild this team and that also includes picking the players from the Derrick trade.

As far as the I knew all along comment, that cant be further from the truth. What I do know is that the McNair's have always picked the HC's. Do you deny this?

yes

future picks are valued a round lower per year

Yea i disagree with this, and a good GM will purposely try to push picks to future years if he thinks that team he is trading with will fail soon. Look at the Rockets, those Brooklyn picks may keep us in the lottery for years even if the Rockets start winning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Same value in 2023? But not in 2024
Correct. But you've had a year's production from a 2nd round pick.

A first round pick is a first round pick.

But if we're going to compare one trade to another just like anything else we should bring everything to a common denominator, or a common currency.

If one team we're to offer you three 1st round picks in 2023 for a player & another team we're to offer those same picks in 2024, which offer would you take? Is one intrinsically more valuable than the other?

No doubt in 2024 a 1st round pick is a 1st round pick. But in 2023 it's not the same as a 2023 1st round pick

Reactions: JB
Doesn't that really depend on the team making those picks? Like where they're at competitively speaking?
That's actually part of the reason. You know 2.1 has a certain value this year, & you don't really know where that future 1st will be.

You also have a 2nd pick contributing this year & only hope in that future pick.

Correct. But you've had a year's production from a 2nd round pick.

A first round pick is a first round pick.

But if we're going to compare one trade to another just like anything else we should bring everything to a common denominator, or a common currency.

If one team we're to offer you three 1st round picks in 2023 for a player & another team we're to offer those same picks in 2024, which offer would you take? Is one intrinsically more valuable than the other?

No doubt in 2024 a 1st round pick is a 1st round pick. But in 2023 it's not the same as a 2023 1st round pick

The 5th yr options are more valuable if you do a good job drafting. I would take the spread out picks due to the future cap ramifications. Of course if it was a draft like last yrs draft I would take the picks. If I had the choice in this yrs draft I would spread the picks out.

Wouldn't that depend on the teams offering the picks as well as your situation at the time? Also the relative strength of the current draft and perceived strength of the next

Wouldn't that depend on the teams offering the picks as well as your situation at the time? Also the relative strength of the current draft and perceived strength of the next
It probably should, but the trade value chart doesn't take that into consideration. It can't

One team say the Chiefs offer you three 1st round picks in the current draft. The Bears offer you three 1st round picks in next year's draft

Which are you going to take

You could trade one of those current drafts 1st round picks for a 2nd this year & a 2nd next year

I don't think you could do that with a future 1st. It doesn't have that value

Back