Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2023 Houston Texans Off Season Programs

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
John trying to get John more attention. He doesn't like being irrelevant. Criticize a man who does his job much better than he does his.

I'd love to get Strouds take on things, but that is not likely to happen in an interview this early in the process, no drama.

Id!ot reporters would want to discuss anything negative they can dig up, ie the s2? test as we witness on here.

Reporters (?) don't report anymore. they just try to stir up chit.

Keep up the good work Nick, do it your way, not what reporters or mb posters think you should do.

I gain more respect for the man every day.

:coffee::backsout:

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
Yep... definitely Caserio's idea that Tank & Stroud are not available to the media

Anyone thinking this was Stroud's decision should really question there own motivation
I question: Where was TK when his fourth grade teacher explained the difference between there and their?

Was he being motivated by the girl seated in front of him?:shades:

All in fun TK. But you already knew that. :worldpeace:

:coffee:

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
Yep... definitely Caserio's idea that Tank & Stroud are not available to the media

Anyone thinking this was Stroud's decision should really question there own motivation
Literally could not care if all, none, or some of these guys spoke to the media, so the so-called reporters could write lazy fluff pieces.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Literally could not care if all, none, or some of these guys spoke to the media, so the so-called reporters could write lazy fluff pieces.
I much prefer the long form podcast format vs the traditional press conference these days. Like Chris Long’s 30 minute conversation with DeMeco and Caserio. You get more information than a press conference and its less “coach speak”.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
John trying to get John more attention. He doesn't like being irrelevant. Criticize a man who does his job much better than he does his.

I'd love to get Strouds take on things, but that is not likely to happen in an interview this early in the process, no drama.

Id!ot reporters would want to discuss anything negative they can dig up, ie the s2? test as we witness on here.

Reporters (?) don't report anymore. they just try to stir up chit.

Keep up the good work Nick, do it your way, not what reporters or mb posters think you should do.

I gain more respect for the man every day.

:coffee::backsout:
They are doing it the way the media wants, Ryans hire, Drafting a QB etc...

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
I much prefer the long form podcast format vs the traditional press conference these days. Like Chris Long’s 30 minute conversation with DeMeco and Caserio. You get more information than a press conference and its less “coach speak”.
The key is that it is a conversation often with someone they are comfortable with over random questions with predictable answers.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Maybe so.

But the media includes McClain and apparently it's not done the way he wants.
John's heyday was with the Oilers. He was very informative then, not so much now. He's having a difficult time adjusting.

I didn't see what McClain wanted?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I noticed they signed Tank to his rookie deal today. Got me thinking, are the other rookies signed? Maybe that's why they withheld him from the media?

What do you think?

Texansballer74

The Marine
I noticed they signed Tank to his rookie deal today. Got me thinking, are the other rookies signed? Maybe that's why they withheld him from the media?

What do you think?
Strong possibility. They have now signed 6 of their draft picks. But Will hasn’t been signed yet and they let him speak to the media. Juice was signed the other day. He wasn’t signed when he did the presser.

Last edited:

Mangler

Toro de España
Strong possibility. They have now signed 6 of their draft picks. But Will hasn’t been signed yet and they let him speak to the media. Juice was signed the other day. He wasn’t signed when he did the presser.
Calm down, geez! Demeco already said that Stroud will get his turn to speak to the media soon. I don’t know why you guys are so worked up over Stroud not speaking yet. Boy is not pleasant to listen to speak like whatsoever. It’s not like y’all are getting anything more than “I’m just working hard, trying to be the best player I can be. Just controlling what I can control, etc.”

Texansballer74

The Marine
Calm down, geez! Demeco already said that Stroud will get his turn to speak to the media soon. I don’t know why you guys are so worked up over Stroud not speaking yet. Boy is not pleasant to listen to speak like whatsoever. It’s not like y’all are getting anything more than “I’m just working hard, trying to be the best player I can be. Just controlling what I can control, etc.”
You’re misreading buddy. I don’t care if he speaks or not. I was responding to Thunder’s question. Now you need to calm down.

Last edited:

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Maybe so.

But the media includes McClain and apparently it's not done the way he wants.
John's heyday was with the Oilers. He was very informative then, not so much now. He's having a difficult time adjusting.

McLain says common sense stuff most fans paying attention should know. He just says it with conviction so folks consider him an authority. He hasn't had a scoop in years.

I genuinely don't care if they keep cj from the media. I'd rather that time and any prep time was spent learning the offense instead. I hope when the media does get access to him, he drops 5 minutes of mishmash football cliches to show them how stupid it all is.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
You forgot "I'm just trying to be the best teammate I can be"..

Arian Foster saw through the B.S. from Billy and co. from day 1. Players know when you're not authentic. DeMeco doesn't come across like a hard headed yankee asshole.. He seems like a down to earth authentic guy who shoots straight and doesn't bullshit people.

Who gives a crap if a rookie doesn't talk after a rookie (walk around) camp? I hate this time of the year. No offense TBaller.. but I'm waiting for a posted twéet from a player picking a wedgie or something. I mean literally nothing is going on and there's nothing to report. If you ever went to boot camp, rookie OTAs is basically orientation week. Meat and potatoes really start when camp with the vets start and there's actual 1 vs 1 drills ran.

Last edited:

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
McLain says common sense stuff most fans paying attention should know. He just says it with conviction so folks consider him an authority. He hasn't had a scoop in years.

I genuinely don't care if they keep cj from the media. I'd rather that time and any prep time was spent learning the offense instead. I hope when the media does get access to him, he drops 5 minutes of mishmash football cliches to show them how stupid it all is.
The last time John McClain had a scoop, the Texans spoon fed it to him (reason why he was wrong the majority of the time, He only reported what they wanted him to report). He's pissed, because he doesn't have that type of access with the organization anymore.