Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2023 Houston Texans Off Season Programs

As it should be. If he's being truthful, Mills, or Keenum, could win the starting job. It shouldn't happen and I don't expect it to happen, but if it did, my respect for Ryans would certainly increase.

So if CJ sucks like a Hoover which is the only way Mills is named the starter, you would respect Ryans more? Someone help me with the logic.

It's pretty simple logic to follow. Best QB on the team starts, regardless of draft position. Whether that be Stroud, Mills, or Keenum.

That answer is all well and good, but doesn't change my response to the original post from 19. So, the only way CJ isn't named the starter is he is off to a very bad start. Doesn't mean he can't improve over time. But there is zero chance that Mills/Case "wins" the starting job. The only way they play, barring injury, is if CJ "loses" the job. That's it. There is no other way CJ isn't the starter. So, again, explain to me how CJ sucking up the joint would make someone respect Ryans more?

That answer is all well and good, but doesn't change my response to the original post from 19. So, the only way CJ isn't named the starter is he is off to a very bad start. Doesn't mean he can't improve over time. But there is zero chance that Mills/Case "wins" the starting job. The only way they play, barring injury, is if CJ "loses" the job. That's it. There is no other way CJ isn't the starter. So, again, explain to me how CJ sucking up the joint would make someone respect Ryans more?
He would have the balls to start Mills or Keenum over the #2 pick in the draft. Similar to Carroll starting Wilson over Flynn after Seattle made a huge (at the time) investment in Flynn. Not apples to apples, but relatable.

You respect Ryans for making decisions for the best of the team, not to please "fans" or expectations.

As head coach, it's DeMeco's responsibility to create a good team AND sell tickets. It's his job.

You respect Ryans for making decisions for the best of the team, not to please "fans" or expectations.

Absolutely respect DeMeco!

And he‘ll start Stroud because it’s the smart thing to do.

I‘ll be extremely surprised if CJ doesn’t start.

Absolutely respect DeMeco!

And he‘ll start Stroud because it’s the smart thing to do.

I‘ll be extremely surprised if CJ doesn’t start.
I don't think anyone posting thinks otherwise. But still, although all attention has focused on Stroud, reports are that Mills is having a good camp and Stroud hasn't separated himself. And then we have Ryans saying QB is an open competition. Stroud may be the odds on favorite to be the starter, but going into training camp, Mills shouldn't be overlooked. It's going to be interesting to see Mills' progress and whether Stroud can beat him out. He should. But it'll be experience vs raw talent.

I don't think anyone posting thinks otherwise. But still, although all attention has focused on Stroud, reports are that Mills is having a good camp and Stroud hasn't separated himself. And then we have Ryans saying QB is an open competition. Stroud may be the odds on favorite to be the starter, but going into training camp, Mills shouldn't be overlooked. It's going to be interesting to see Mills' progress and whether Stroud can beat him out. He should. But it'll be experience vs raw talent.

Unless we acquire some gophers and giants to play WR I know who my moneys on.

Why does Stroud have to suck? What if this new offense is -really- as QB friendly as many have suggested, and due to their NFL experience both Mills and Keenum just have better summer's while all (3) look very good.

Wasn’t this same guy part of the process to bring in a #2 pick in the first round? Wasn’t he the same guy that was part of coaching him up? Now your respect increases for the same guy when this same guy can’t beat the #32nd best starting QB in 22?

Wasn’t this same guy part of the process to bring in a #2 pick in the first round? Wasn’t he the same guy that was part of coaching him up? Now your respect increases for the same guy when this same guy can’t beat the #32nd best starting QB in 22?
Yes because he is making decisions based on performance and not expectations or fan desires

I like Ryans' as our HC and think he could be the one. But still, the jury is out. If he selects Mills or Keenum to start first game, yes, that shows me his character.

Especially since the Texans are a marketing firm with a football division. Shouldn't Cal have named C.J. the starter on draft night? Who's running this show, the head coach?
He will be the starting QB or if he can't beat out the 30th ranked QB in the NFL, then maybe the McNair's talent evaluation isn't stellar.

Back