• Ben Johnson

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • Ejiro Evero

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters
Got a link?
Earl Campbell's Red Hot Links, Sausage, 36 oz.

It's hilarious and ironic that the Kool Aid Brigade thinks Hannah is a very strong influential voice for Cal and Jamila has absolutely no influence or voice with her husband and their marriage. Hypocrisy much? Is that a race thing? Carry On!

Funny stuff, man.

The difference between the two men, however, couldn't be more stark.

DeMeco is an alpha male. Clearly a leader of men, as evidenced by plenty of other alpha males (both players and coaches) openly gushing about what a badass leader he's been to them and how he clearly impacted their lives for the better.

Cal, on the other hand. . .nice guy. . .but he's a beta. Nothing derogatory about it, but he would not be running a multi-billion dollar NFL franchise if his alpha father hadn't built it first.

I'm sure both men are good dudes and listen to their wives. Anyone that respects their marriage does that basic thing.

But how much influence each wife has in professional decisions? We'll just have to agree to disagree. DeMeco is here because HE wants to be here. Making his wife happy as a result is an awesome bonus.

Funny stuff, man.

The difference between the two men, however, couldn't be more stark.

DeMeco is an alpha male. Clearly a leader of men, as evidenced by plenty of other alpha males (both players and coaches) openly gushing about what a badass leader he's been to them and how he clearly impacted their lives for the better.

Cal, on the other hand. . .nice guy. . .but he's a beta. Nothing derogatory about it, but he would not be running a multi-billion dollar NFL franchise if his alpha father hadn't built it first.

I'm sure both men are good dudes and listen to their wives. Anyone that respects their marriage does that basic thing.

But how much influence each wife has in professional decisions? We'll just have to agree to disagree. DeMeco is here because HE wants to be here. Making his wife happy as a result is an awesome bonus.
DeMeco is here because his wife is from here, his children were born here, his church family is here, other family and friends are here, and before anyone knew about any HC opening, Jamila and DeMeco were building a home here. Plus Demeco spent most of his playing career here. These are the reasons why he is here. DeMeco had a much better and more attractive offer in Denver but choose Houston for all the reasons listed. If this was truly about Demeco they would be in Denver. This is a 50/50 family decision deal. To suggest that this is 100% DeMeco and 0% Jamila and Family is an exercise in futility, naivete, and being somewhat delusional.

DeMeco is here because his wife is from here, his children were born here, his church family is here, other family and friends are here, and before anyone knew about any HC opening, Jamila and DeMeco were building a home here. Plus Demeco spent most of his playing career here. These are the reasons why he is here. DeMeco had a much better and more attractive offer in Denver but choose Houston for all the reasons listed. If this was truly about Demeco they would be in Denver. This is a 50/50 family decision deal. To suggest that this is 100% DeMeco and 0% Jamila and Family is an exercise in futility, naivete, and being somewhat delusional.
And...?

DeMeco is here because his wife is from here, his children were born here, his church family is here, other family and friends are here, and before anyone knew about any HC opening, Jamila and DeMeco were building a home here. Plus Demeco spent most of his playing career here. These are the reasons why he is here. DeMeco had a much better and more attractive offer in Denver but choose Houston for all the reasons listed.

You say it's a "better offer" from Denver, but their situation is completely different. They don't have the same draft capital, and you're tied to the hip to a mediocre QB that is breaking the bank.

If this was truly about Demeco they would be in Denver.

lol It just can't be that DeMeco loves the franchise that drafted him and has a soft spot for his former team.

It just can't be that he saw a sea of opportunity that offered a lot more options than other offers.

It just can't be that he's got a personal relationship with the McNair family and actually wants to work for them.

It just can't be. . .because you chose a different narrative.

To suggest that this is 100% DeMeco and 0% Jamila and Family is an exercise in futility, naivete, and being somewhat delusional.

I never suggested that it's anything with regards to how decisions were made. Unlike you, I can easily admit that I don't know a damn thing going on in either DeMeco's or his wife's head.

Your conviction to your own speculation is commendable.

You say it's a "better offer" from Denver, but their situation is completely different. They don't have the same draft capital, and you're tied to the hip to a mediocre QB that is breaking the bank.

lol It just can't be that DeMeco loves the franchise that drafted him and has a soft spot for his former team.

It just can't be that he saw a sea of opportunity that offered a lot more options than other offers.

It just can't be that he's got a personal relationship with the McNair family and actually wants to work for them.

It just can't be. . .because you chose a different narrative.

I never suggested that it's anything with regards to how decisions were made. Unlike you, I can easily admit that I don't know a damn thing going on in either DeMeco's or his wife's head.

Your conviction to your own speculation is commendable.
Time to put down the Kool-Aid and step away.... .

Last edited:
That's what you always say when someone shows how foolish you're being
Well that Kool Aid is a powerful thing. How else would you explain believing that the Texans, Cal and Cliche is a better job than the Denver Broncos?

Does the difference in pay offered between Denver and Houston's offers correlate to the difference in each cities' state's income taxes?
Maybe it was about the money after all.

Both can be true.

The Denver Broncos job is a way better job if we're looking at things objectively. Historically good franchise that does things properly, fanbase and organization that demands and is used to success and therefore you know they will do whatever is in their power to put out a winner, etc. And then on the field currently a good or at least pretty talented defense, a QB that had one bad year which quite frankly is insane to write him off because his historical performance affords him the benefit of the doubt, two WRs that still have a lot of untapped potential, and the team really not being as bad as it looks on the surface considering lots of close games lost on some bad decisions and things just snowballed from there.

BUT that doesn't mean it's a way better job for DeMeco Ryans. Or whoever the candidate was, or whatever their preferences may be. Maybe Ryans likes the blank canvas of our team. Maybe he likes that he can write the history for franchise. Maybe "coming home" matters to him. Maybe he likes the cap space and draft capital. Maybe he prefers Texas to Colorado. Maybe the Texans gave him more flexibility to build and control his staff or the roster. Maybe he likes our pieces or thinks *we're* closer than it seems considering many close games we lost that we may have won with just a bit more coaching, execution, etc.

It could be any of those things. It can be none of those things. I know all we can do is speculate but I guess the question is why does it even matter.

The Texans and Broncos are historical brothers. We've both drawn talent, coaching, schemes, etc from each other. Quite frankly, the Broncos organization is what I want to be. They've had historical success, compete most every year for decades no matter their talent or coaching or QB. And sometimes they win Super Bowls. Historically, they play a good, creative brand of football and despite some dramas every now and then, mostly lead a good, clean organization. It's about all you can ask for.

And it's pretty funny too because I'm a Texans fan and my brother is a massive Broncos fan since the 80s.

There's nothing wrong with DeMeco choosing one or the other. I'm sure ******* glad he chose us----whatever the reason may be.

Both can be true.

The Denver Broncos job is a way better job if we're looking at things objectively. Historically good franchise that does things properly, fanbase and organization that demands and is used to success and therefore you know they will do whatever is in their power to put out a winner, etc. And then on the field currently a good or at least pretty talented defense, a QB that had one bad year which quite frankly is insane to write him off because his historical performance affords him the benefit of the doubt, two WRs that still have a lot of untapped potential, and the team really not being as bad as it looks on the surface considering lots of close games lost on some bad decisions and things just snowballed from there.

BUT that doesn't mean it's a way better job for DeMeco Ryans. Or whoever the candidate was, or whatever their preferences may be. Maybe Ryans likes the blank canvas of our team. Maybe he likes that he can write the history for franchise. Maybe "coming home" matters to him. Maybe he likes the cap space and draft capital. Maybe he prefers Texas to Colorado. Maybe the Texans gave him more flexibility to build and control his staff or the roster. Maybe he likes our pieces or thinks *we're* closer than it seems considering many close games we lost that we may have won with just a bit more coaching, execution, etc.

It could be any of those things. It can be none of those things. I know all we can do is speculate but I guess the question is why does it even matter.

The Texans and Broncos are historical brothers. We've both drawn talent, coaching, schemes, etc from each other. Quite frankly, the Broncos organization is what I want to be. They've had historical success, compete most every year for decades no matter their talent or coaching or QB. And sometimes they win Super Bowls. Historically, they play a good, creative brand of football and despite some dramas every now and then, mostly lead a good, clean organization. It's about all you can ask for.

And it's pretty funny too because I'm a Texans fan and my brother is a massive Broncos fan since the 80s.

There's nothing wrong with DeMeco choosing one or the other. I'm sure ******* glad he chose us----whatever the reason may be.

I disagree on them being the better franchise (currently) and especially on them “doing things properly.” Them boys ain’t been right since 2015. Super Bowl 50 was a snooze fest, probably the worst I’ve ever witnessed and they have done just as much as we have since. The Texans are moving forward with pretty much a clean slate loaded with draft picks and cap space. The Broncos, on the other hand, have spent tons and gave away crucial draft picks for a washed up QB.

Last edited:
Both can be true.

It will be interesting to see how the Broncos conduct business moving forward with new ownership.
As far as the organization I'd like the Texans to emulate, that would be the Pittsburgh Steelers. Very stable organization since 1969. 3 head coaches, 8 Super Bowl appearances with 6 Lombardi trophies to show for it. Ownership doesn't appear to meddle too much with football operations. Year in, year out in playoff contention, even during reloading/rebuilding seasons.
I'm very happy Ryans chose the Texans over the Broncos, regardless of the reason. I'm looking forward to how he and Caserio move forward with filling out the roster in FA and the draft. Seeing how the coaches scheme up the offense and defense.

I disagree on them being the better franchise (currently) and especially on them “doing things properly.” Them boys ain’t been right since 2015. Super Bowl 50 was a snooze fest, probably the worst I’ve ever witnessed and they have done just as much as we have since. The Texans are moving forward with pretty much a clean slate loaded with draft picks and cap space. The Broncos, on the other hand, have spent tons and gave away crucial draft picks for a washed up QB.
I would give Russel another season or two before calling him washed up. Seeing how Wilson does under Payton will be something I follow this season.

I think he would also do well at 49ers.
Virtually any QB would do well with the 49ers. Ain't no way they're trading for that contract, though. I predict Purdy will e the new starting QB for the 49ers. Lance Trey was a stupid move for them. If he's an NFL QB, it's in the Geno Smith mold. He needs years to learn an NFL system. Nowhere near ready to take the reins.

I would give Russel another season or two before calling him washed up. Seeing how Wilson does under Payton will be something I follow this season.
Come on now, I posted that before they hired Sean Payton. Things have definitely changed since, therefore, I agree with giving Russ a season or two now that he has a legit HC. I’ll be loosely following the Broncos this upcoming season as well.

Back